Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 215 reply threads

• Author

• blackat1515

Participant

What does this mean for the Bucs

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just in

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, seems like a horrible trade for the Rams. Titans hit the jackpot!! Damn!#Titans receive: 2016 15th - 43, 45, 76; 2017 1st Rd and 3rd Rd Rams receive: No. 1, 113, 177.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So now it looks like 2QBs are off the board plus hopefully a RB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rams are idiots IMO.  Good time to be a Titans fan!

• Anonymous

Inactive

With Jon Robinson at the helm, no doubt.Where did you find this intel?

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL network is running it right now.  6 top 3rd round picks for the overall 1.  Crazy return.  Probably not much different than what the Rams got for rg3, but still wild to me.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This will go down as one of the worst trades in history for the NFL.  Hershel Walker bad trade.  I just finished reading an article about NFL’s worst trades over on yahoo.  This can be a Legacy builder for the Titans.http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/7-worst-nfl-trades-ever.html/?utm_source=yahoo_native&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=yahoo_native_rss&ref=YN

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t understand why Fisher and Snead had the authority to trade future 1st round pick. Both of them should have already been fired.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And yet they wouldn’t give up a second for Glennon…… DAMN they are dumb.

• Anonymous

Inactive

so from our side how does this affect the draft? surely they are trading up to take a QB ahead of the browns? so then do the browns panic and take GOff/Wentz thats left over?if QBs go 1-2 it slides every good player down at least one spot so where does that leave us

• CapnFear

Participant

Being reported on ESPN and Titans website.  Steep price to pay to move up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think this will actually get other teams moving …San Diego is sitting real pretty...

• Anonymous

Inactive

so from our side how does this affect the draft? surely they are trading up to take a QB ahead of the browns? so then do the browns panic and take GOff/Wentz thats left over?if QBs go 1-2 it slides every good player down at least one spot so where does that leave us

I honestly think the Browns will start their season w/ RG3 @ QB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t wait to see the new mocks, BTW, what happens with Glennon now? Is Foles a better option for teams then Glennon?

• Anonymous

Inactive

We'll likely see QBs go 1-2 which is insane because this might be the most inflated QB class of a long time. Wentz is not worth that trade up but apparently the Rams see it so. That means the elite talents: Jack, Ramsey, Bosa, Buckner, Tunsil, and VH3 all get pushed down some. The idea that Tunsil might go as late as 3 is crazy because he is the best player in this draft. Consider 49ers need for a QB still and knowing there's no way Lynch lasts until Round 2, at least not to them in Round 2, and Philidelphia's reported love for EE we should get one of these guys. VH3 will be there most likely. I'm hoping either Buckner falls.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i think more importantly, it give us a real opportunity to push glennon hard to Cleveland.  It’s widely assumed that the Browns were more interested in wentz.  So do they also think Goff is worth a 1st?  Seems much wiser to go with glennon in the 2nd.  But how does rg3 play into this?  Is he the type that hue wants?  Or would you consider glennon a similar QB to dalton?Definitely interesting for the fans.  Titans fans gotta be going crazy happy.  6 picks in the first 3 rounds?  Wow.  Completely remake their team.  Hopefully, we can trade back with them to 15 - give them the opportunity to take Stanley?  Then we get that early 3rd.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Were they idiots when they ass raped the skins that one year? I'll wait. Some of you fail to realize that team hold players to a different value.. The Rams feel the player they want might not be there so they pulled the trigger doesn't make them idiots. Maybe they don't think Glennon can run a franchise idk. Nonetheless it was a good deal for the Titans but that sure doesn't make the Rams idiots

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly think the Browns will start their season w/ RG3 @ QB.

With a rookie on the bench IMO.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It could also lead to another team being forced to take a QB as well.  For example, with St. Louis trading into the top 10, specifically the #1 pick, that's one guaranteed QB of the board for teams like Philly and San Fran.  Are one of those two more apt to take a QB now that there will likely be 2 QB's off the board before they pick?  This trade may have shifted the entire course of the first round.

• CapnFear

Participant

I think this will actually get other teams moving ...San Diego is sitting real pretty...

Yeah they are.  Figure that both the Rams and Browns are going after QBs.  The question is which one goes where after it was reported yesterday that the Browns are interested in Goff, not Wentz.  If this is the case then the Chargers have their options of Tunsil, Ramsey, Jack, Bosa, Hargreaves, Stanley, etc.  Sitting pretty indeed! What this also should indicate is that we do not need to look at moving up to grab anyone.

• Anonymous

Inactive

this is one of those times that the franchise going into a new city (kinda) wants a fresh face of the franchise lol jokes on them though this isnt winston Mariota lol its goff and wentz

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doesn’t change anything for us…1. QB2. QB3. Buckner4. Ramsey5. Jack6. Bosa7. Kills trade with Denver - Hargreaves8. TunsilEDIT:Opens up Broncs to Glennon though...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Helluva trade for Tenny and Robinson.Lol @ the Rams.  Which QB will they reach for?

• Anonymous

Inactive

It could also lead to another team being forced to take a QB as well.  For example, with St. Louis trading into the top 10, specifically the #1 pick, that's one guaranteed QB of the board for teams like Philly and San Fran.  Are one of those two more apt to take a QB now that there will likely be 2 QB's off the board before they pick?  This trade may have shifted the entire course of the first round.

It definitely did. I think it might force them to draft the 3rd QB early. Because right now if let's say Lynch slips all the way into the second, Dallas is still in play to draft him and sit him behind Romo. Either we see all top 3 QBs going in the first 8 picks or they'll be a trade around the top of the 2nd.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s only a “reach” if they’re wrong.  If they’re right and they got a legit franchise QB for the next 15 years, what they “reached” for, was a championship contender.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Were they idiots when they ass raped the skins that one year? I'll wait. Some of you fail to realize that team hold players to a different value.. The Rams feel the player they want might not be there so they pulled the trigger doesn't make them idiots. Maybe they don't think Glennon can run a franchise idk. Nonetheless it was a good deal for the Titans but that sure doesn't make the Rams idiots

i disagree.  I think the skins were idiots to give that much up for a #2.  I think the Rams are idiots to give up so much for this #1.  Teams that get desperate make bad moves.  Let’s count the times that giving up so much has turned out well?The Rams, no matter how much they try to protect their pick, are putting a huge target on (assumeably) wentz.  The LA media, 2 full drafts, moving from d2 to NFL, no additional help.  That's immense pressure.  Maybe he can handle it - maybe not.  It's gonna take a while for them - IMO - to prove they weren't idiots on this one.

• CapnFear

Participant

It definitely did. I think it might force them to draft the 3rd QB early. Because right now if let's say Lynch slips all the way into the second, Dallas is still in play to draft him and sit him behind Romo. Either we see all top 3 QBs going in the first 8 picks or they'll be a trade around the top of the 2nd.

This is definitely shaking up the draft boards.  Will definitely cause teams that need a QB to reach and you may now see some second tier QBs like Cook being pushed into either the first or early second.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's only a "reach" if they're wrong.  If they're right and they got a legit franchise QB for the next 15 years, what they "reached" for, was a championship contender.

that is correct, it’s only a reach if they are wrong.  But until they prove it right, they are wrong.Wait, it's still a reach.  A looooooong reach. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's only a "reach" if they're wrong.  If they're right and they got a legit franchise QB for the next 15 years, what they "reached" for, was a championship contender.

It's hard to see any QB from this class amounting to anything more than a journeyman.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is definitely shaking up the draft boards.  Will definitely cause teams that need a QB to reach and you may now see some second tier QBs like Cook being pushed into either the first or early second.

yep and it bodes well for us the more qbs that get taken the better player available to us in the 2nd

• Anonymous

Inactive

My initial impression is that this is a fair trade. The compensation is similar to what the rams received from the skins with the RG3 trade yet they made a significantly larger jump. If you look at the watkins and melvin gordon trades, it’s easy to see that moving up is not cheap. For the titans, this makes a ton of sense. They can draft Conklin and keep Lewan at LT or address other needs. Ultimately the question is whether Goff or more likely Wentz turns into a franchise QB and turns out to be a better QB than Lynch. If Wentz turns out to be an above average QB the Rams will have no regrets, if not, it will be the last straw that leads to fish and snead getting fired. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

i disagree.  I think the skins were idiots to give that much up for a #2.  I think the Rams are idiots to give up so much for this #1.  Teams that get desperate make bad moves.  Let's count the times that giving up so much has turned out well?The Rams, no matter how much they try to protect their pick, are putting a huge target on (assumeably) wentz.  The LA media, 2 full drafts, moving from d2 to NFL, no additional help.  That's immense pressure.  Maybe he can handle it - maybe not.  It's gonna take a while for them - IMO - to prove they weren't idiots on this one.

This is exactly my point how can they be called idiots if they're making a move to get their guy!. Maybe they're afraid that the Browns would snag him at 2... Did they give up a lot? Yes but does that make them morons? Absolutely not

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1 They obviously see value in one of the top QBs to be a franchise guy. Also, I can't help but to feel this is a job saving move. This team is in LA now but has absolutely no personality and needs a face that's not a DT. If this team goes 7-9 again with Foles, Fisher is likely gone. 7-9 with a rookie QB. Whole different story.LA needs a face and they just traded up to get one.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Helluva trade for Tenny and Robinson.Lol @ the Rams.  Which QB will they reach for?

Someone needs to make a meme of Jon Robinson with the "Thug Life" theme.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What does this mean for the Bucs

Means we are still picking at 9......sorry really feeling like a smart ass today. It does push a potential pick down now that a QB will be going 1st.

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1 They obviously see value in one of the top QBs to be a franchise guy. Also, I can't help but to feel this is a job saving move. This team is in LA now but has absolutely no personality and needs a face that's not a DT. If this team goes 7-9 again with Foles, Fisher is likely gone. 7-9 with a rookie QB. Whole different story.LA needs a face and they just traded up to get one.

Agreed.  They are convinced by one of these kids... don't know which one, but they are definitely sold.  They made the absolute right call on this trade, if they end up being right.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Terms –Tennessee will send the top selection along with its fourth- (No. 113) and sixth-round (No. 177) picks this year to the Rams in exchange for Los Angeles' first-round pick (No. 15), two second-round selections (Nos. 43 and 45) and a third-round pick (No. 76) in 2016. The Titans also will get the Rams' first- and third-round picks in 2017.

• dafif

Participant

Does this mean there is a possibility that Tunsil falls to us?? I have my fingers crossed for that senario.  Way to go Jon Robinson.  So the Titans scored Demarco Murray and enough draft picks to have 6-7 Starters come in this year all in one offseason.  Now that’s how you rebuild a team.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly my point how can they be called idiots if they’re making a move to get their guy!. Maybe they’re afraid that the Browns would snag him at 2… Did they give up a lot? Yes but does that make them morons? Absolutely not

they are idiots for having a “guy”.  For putting so much stock into D2 tape and talk sessions.  Now, if wentz miraculously turns into a HOFer, I’ll eat my words.  Chances are, he won’t.  Chances are, they are gonna end up with holes in their roster from giving up so many picks.  Chances are, he won’t be good enough to elevate their team anytime soon.  Now, he certainly could be the powerball number.  But I’m betting against it.QB is most important, but football is still a team game.  You need to surround your QB with talent.  They are going all in on (assumeably) wentz.  That's fine and dandy.  They are taking their shot.  You can respect that - I just think it's dumb to do it like this.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think if anything , Baltimore will take Tunsil if he’s still on the board.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does this mean there is a possibility that Tunsil falls to us?? I have my fingers crossed for that senario.  Way to go Jon Robinson.  So the Titans scored Demarco Murray and enough draft picks to have 6-7 Starters come in this year all in one offseason.  Now that's how you rebuild a team.

no, there is chance tunsil falls to the Titans at 9 after we trade down to 15 and get some good return!

• Anonymous

Inactive

According to Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times, the Rams are “targeting“North Dakota State’s Carson Wentz in making the deal with the Titans for the top pick.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/14/rams-reportedly-targeting-carson-wentz-now-that-they-have-top-pick/

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think the teams are done trading in the top ten yet…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly my point how can they be called idiots if they're making a move to get their guy!. Maybe they're afraid that the Browns would snag him at 2... Did they give up a lot? Yes but does that make them morons? Absolutely not

they are idiots for having a "guy".  For putting so much stock into D2 tape and talk sessions.  Now, if wentz miraculously turns into a HOFer, I'll eat my words.  Chances are, he won't.  Chances are, they are gonna end up with holes in their roster from giving up so many picks.  Chances are, he won't be good enough to elevate their team anytime soon.  Now, he certainly could be the powerball number.  But I'm betting against it.QB is most important, but football is still a team game.  You need to surround your QB with talent.  They are going all in on (assumeably) wentz.  That's fine and dandy.  They are taking their shot.  You can respect that - I just think it's dumb to do it like this.

They would've gotten a better QB at a lower price if they've traded for Glennon. It all just makes no sense.

• Anonymous

Inactive

they are idiots for having a "guy".  For putting so much stock into D2 tape and talk sessions.  Now, if wentz miraculously turns into a HOFer, I'll eat my words.  Chances are, he won't.  Chances are, they are gonna end up with holes in their roster from giving up so many picks.  Chances are, he won't be good enough to elevate their team anytime soon.  Now, he certainly could be the powerball number.  But I'm betting against it.QB is most important, but football is still a team game.  You need to surround your QB with talent.  They are going all in on (assumeably) wentz.  That's fine and dandy.  They are taking their shot.  You can respect that - I just think it's dumb to do it like this.

I understand what you are saying, but an NFL GM thinks the price is worth the chance.  Of course, this is also why several GM's are fired every year.  It's a gutsy move and will determine the Rams front office entire future.Also if you look at the Rams, they have a lot of talent on that team; offense and defense.  But they don't have a QB. Its not like Winston or Mariotta stepping onto talent poor teams.  This could be the piece that takes the Rams to the next step.

• mdclarie

Participant

Mariota has to be thrilled. That’s a ton of top picks they’ll have. If they pick this right they may just restock that team before Mariota gets broken.

• rogersgc

Participant

They would've gotten a better QB at a lower price if they've traded for Glennon. It all just makes no sense.

It makes sense if in their heart of hearts they believe Wentz is a franchise QB and Glennon is not.

• williebrowntown

I wonder if the Rams asked the Titans to at least spit on it or if they took it dry… either way you know the Rams are hurting. I guess moving to LA they figured they needed to make a big time move but thats just down right stupid. Anyways let’s see how this affects who’s there’s at 9…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand what you are saying, but an NFL GM thinks the price is worth the chance.  Of course, this is also why several GM's are fired every year.  It's a gutsy move and will determine the Rams front office entire future.Also if you look at the Rams, they have a lot of talent on that team; offense and defense.  But they don't have a QB. Its not like Winston or Mariotta stepping onto talent poor teams.  This could be the piece that takes the Rams to the next step.

when has the price been worth the chance?  With RG3?  With Rickey Williams?  With Hershel Walker?  I’m sure somewhere it’s turned out well.  Closest I can think of is the Bucs – trading massive sums for Gruden/Keyshawn.And how much talent do they really have?  And underperforming OL?  An underperforming WR unit?  An overrated RB?  Their defense just got gutted. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Rams just bent themselves over.

• mdclarie

Participant

I wonder if the Rams asked the Titans to at least spit on it or if they took it dry... either way you know the Rams are hurting. I guess moving to LA they figured they needed to make a big time move but thats just down right stupid. Anyways let's see how this affects who's there's at 9...

It all but guarantees both QBs will be taken, but that was likely the case anyway. So no real effect I think on what will eventually land in our lap.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if the Rams asked the Titans to at least spit on it or if they took it dry...

They took it with beach sand. I could see if they made that move last year but these QBs are pedestrian in comparison.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think there’s going to be a lot of people eating crow in a few years….

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if the Rams asked the Titans to at least spit on it or if they took it dry...

They took it with beach sand. I could see if they made that move last year but these QBs are pedestrian in comparison.

The top 2 QBs are more accurate passers than last year's top 2, imo...  They do have some other drawbacks, but those are trumped by that accuracy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The top 2 QBs are more accurate passers than last year's top 2, imo...  They do have some other drawbacks, but those are trumped by that accuracy.

I completely disagree

• Anonymous

Inactive

2015:http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:qbWinston 6.7Mariota 6.22016:http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:qbWentz 6.5Goff 6.5Lynch 6.1They're legitimate starting caliber.    Franchise?  Who knows.

• Anonymous

Inactive

how did you form this opinion?  Leaving Winston out of it, how do you figure Goff and wentz are more accurate than mariota?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think there's going to be a lot of people eating crow in a few years....

definitely possible.  And I would love to be reminded of it.  You really believe in wentz that much?  Or is it Goff?

• Anonymous

Inactive

how did you form this opinion?  Leaving Winston out of it, how do you figure Goff and wentz are more accurate than mariota?

Winston and Mariota are 5 miles better than Goff and Wentz

• mdclarie

Participant

2015:http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:qbWinston 6.7Mariota 6.2http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:qbWentz 6.5Goff 6.5Lynch 6.1

Wow, Lynch is that high? Maybe we'll see 3 QBs go in the top 8 letting more slide to us. That would be great!

• dafif

Participant

Does this mean there is a possibility that Tunsil falls to us?? I have my fingers crossed for that senario.  Way to go Jon Robinson.  So the Titans scored Demarco Murray and enough draft picks to have 6-7 Starters come in this year all in one offseason.  Now that's how you rebuild a team.

no, there is chance tunsil falls to the Titans at 9 after we trade down to 15 and get some good return!

Now that's the kind of thinking I like.  maybe trading down to 15 can score us that #33 pick they have.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s certainly good news for the Bucs, neutral at worst, as it puts three QBs in play before or at their pick.I'd guess that the first defensive player off the board is #4 to Dallas. It also means if someone loves a third QB, they could move up ahead of the Bucs (or with the Bucs) to take him. It's going to be fun watching the Titans trade up a few picks and grab Stanley, who a lot of people like more than Tunsil, and get their LT and a bundle of picks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Titans now have a ton of picks, an our GM has a great relationship with theirs. This increases the chances of us trading picks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Titans will get a good corner or wideout at 15.  Doubt they trade, but its good to have a buddy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It sure is alot but if Wentz turns out to be really good then who cares what you had to give up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think this HAS to be for Goff. Do you really give all of that up for a guy from NDST? Yea he looks the part, but that’s a big price to pay for a guy that has a big jump to make. This guarantee's 2 QB's before us. Hopefully Philly is indeed in love with Elliot. Rams - QBBrowns - QBBolts - TunsilCowboys - RamseyJags - JackRavens - Buckner49ers - Stanley? Lynch? Bosa? Top WR?Eagles - ElliottBucs - Stanley, Bosa, VH3Man as I was putting together that quick 9, I got stumped with San Fran. WTH are they gonna do? My guess is trade back.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think with the busted trade for SF, they’ll go treadwell or VH3.

• Anonymous

Inactive

not really - they have the extra picks from the compensation the received from the Redskins when RGIII was drafted, they have good talent on that roster but they really need a QB.  This makes sense for them.  Then again, 3-4 yrs from now when this is revisited is when it'll be determined if they got shafted.

• rpratto

Participant

I agree.  It's a jackpot for the Titans but a wait and see for the Rams.  A deal like this can make or destroy your career as a GM.  Like Licht last year deciding between Winston and Mariota, it's imperative the Rams get this pick right.

• Anonymous

Inactive

not really - they have the extra picks from the compensation the received from the Redskins when RGIII was drafted, they have good talent on that roster but they really need a QB.  This makes sense for them.  Then again, 3-4 yrs from now when this is revisited is when it'll be determined if they got shafted.

They need a new coach before making a leap of faith trade like this. Jeff Fisher is the standard bearer for mediocre coach,  I wouldn't make that trade for Jeff Fisher's QB. Lovie sucked but we didn't have to mortgage the future to get our guy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

One of the worst trades ever.Rams are a joke.Two 1's, two 2's and two 3's?Stupid

• Anonymous

Inactive

A deal like this can make or destroy your career as a GM. 

how many times has a deal like this made a GMs career?

• Anonymous

Inactive

when has the price been worth the chance?  With RG3?  With Rickey Williams?  With Hershel Walker?  I'm sure somewhere it's turned out well.  Closest I can think of is the Bucs - trading massive sums for Gruden/Keyshawn.And how much talent do they really have?  And underperforming OL?  An underperforming WR unit?  An overrated RB?  Their defense just got gutted.

You could be right.  But those is charge in LA think different.  We will find out soon enough.  I kind of think of it this way.  Knowing what you know now, would you make the same trade for Winston?  I would.  And calm down; I don't think any QB in this draft is even close to Winston, but LA thinks there is.  If the QB they take turns out to be the next Tom Brady, was it worth it?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think this works for us well. Teams above us thinking about a QB were Cleveland, Dallas, San Fran and the 49’ers. Maybe Dallas wasn’t seriously considering it (but they should), now there are 5 with the Rams definitely taking one at the top.I see a definite possibility that 3 QB's go in the top 8 now and we still might be able to trade Glennon. Have to believe that the 49'ers won't want to go into the season without a new QB, so that definitely puts Lynch in play and I honestly think Philly was considering a QB as well.I wonder if someone will trade up with San Diego now to guarantee they get Lynch?

• Anonymous

Inactive

A deal like this can make or destroy your career as a GM. 

how many times has a deal like this made a GMs career?

Isn't that more related to how the player they picked performed vice the cost of the trade?  The staff that traded for RG3 didn't get canned because they traded for him.  They got canned because they traded for him AND he stunk.  If the player they take turns out to be the next Tom Brady, people will be calling this the trade of the century and the GM one of the best ever.What this GM (and others that made a similar trade) has done is place his entire future on a single draft pick.  He has to be 100% correct. Other GM's (who keep their picks) can have a 50% accuracy rate in the draft and still be considered a very good GM. It's a very big gamble and one I wouldn't take this year. But I would have done it last year for Winston.

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMO it’s a terrible deal for the Rams. The only way this works for them is for them to pick a play a future HOF QB. What a gamble!It should remind Buccaneer fans how fortunate we are to have Jameis Winston. Didn't have to trade up, just got their franchise QB after earning it after Lovie year one.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston and Mariota are 5 miles better than Goff and Wentz

All 4 have a lot to prove in the future.  Mariota has to prove he can stay healthy and win. The added Titans' picks over the next two seasons will offer him less excuses going forward.Winston has to prove he can win and improve his 28th in the league Qb rating against a schedule that won't be the easiest in franchise history.  Can he succeed against a decent pass rush?  That remains to be seen.Wentz and Goff.  The only excuse I can give these two at this time is whichever one, if either, winds up in Cleveland.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You could be right.  But those is charge in LA think different.  We will find out soon enough.  I kind of think of it this way.  Knowing what you know now, would you make the same trade for Winston?  I would.  And calm down; I don't think any QB in this draft is even close to Winston, but LA thinks there is.  If the QB they take turns out to be the next Tom Brady, was it worth it?

if the Bucs FO thought Demarcus Robinson was their guy, and drafted him at #9 would you be okay with it because licht got his “guy”?  That’s how I look at it.  Knowing what I know now, I would probably make the trade for Winston.  But prior?  I easily might not.  I also think wentz/Goff are in a different tier than Winston/mariota.  I also think giving up so much to get your guy leads to trouble, simply because you are losing out on 5 high draft picks to surround "your guy" with.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow. What a blockbuster trade! My head is racing, will Ramsey or Tunsil fall to us at 9? As a Buccaneer fan I love this, because its almost a sure thing a quarterback is going to be picked there, so it should slide a good player or two our way that we probably wouldn't have got if the Titans were at 1.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its a big vote of confidence for Lewan. He must be feeling pretty good today.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn't that more related to how the player they picked performed vice the cost of the trade?  The staff that traded for RG3 didn't get canned because they traded for him.  They got canned because they traded for him AND he stunk.  If the player they take turns out to be the next Tom Brady, people will be calling this the trade of the century and the GM one of the best ever.What this GM (and others that made a similar trade) has done is place his entire future on a single draft pick.  He has to be 100% correct. Other GM's (who keep their picks) can have a 50% accuracy rate in the draft and still be considered a very good GM. It's a very big gamble and one I wouldn't take this year. But I would have done it last year for Winston.

sure, it’s all related to how the player picked performs.  But isn’t it odd that anytime such a steep cost was paid, the player didn’t perform?  Isn’t it odd that no one is expecting wentz to be tom Brady except for (assuming) the Rams?I wouldn't say I wouldn't have done it for Winston - but what if you weren't able to surround him with DSmith and Marpet?  What if we had no draft picks this season?  Would we still see the same Winston?  Would we have the same expectations?

• Anonymous

Inactive

if the Bucs FO thought Demarcus Robinson was their guy, and drafted him at #9 would you be okay with it because licht got his "guy"?  That's how I look at it.  Knowing what I know now, I would probably make the trade for Winston.  But prior?  I easily might not.  I also think wentz/Goff are in a different tier than Winston/mariota.  I also think giving up so much to get your guy leads to trouble, simply because you are losing out on 5 high draft picks to surround "your guy" with.

Good points. Now lets try and live in their (LA's) shoes.  We have a coach and GM that just moved to the second largest market with a team that lacks a "Face of the Franchise" and a coach and GM that in all honesty are already on the hot seat.  Forget who said it above, but the real surprise is they were allowed by ownership to use future picks for this deal.  They simply don't have a QB.  They know, if they stay at 15, nothing really changes and the odds they get fired are pretty good.  Making the trade does not significantly increase their chance of being fired.  But it can easily get them a new contract if it works out.  Yes, this trade reeks of desperation.  But it just might work out too. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man this isn’t fair. I just BS’d around and did a Titans Mock draft on fanspeak(They updated the draft order) and look at this haul:15: R1P15CB ELI APPLEOHIO STATE33: R2P2DT ROBERT NKEMDICHEOLE MISS43: R2P12S KARL JOSEPHWEST VIRGINIA45: R2P14CB ARTIE BURNSMIAMI (FLA.)64: R3P1G VADAL ALEXANDERLSU76: R3P13OLB JAYLON SMITHNOTRE DAME140: R5P1WR KOLBY LISTENBEETCU

• Anonymous

Inactive

Crazy that they’d give up that much when they could have Glennon. Obviously, they don’t know his value.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good points. Now lets try and live in their (LA's) shoes.  We have a coach and GM that just moved to the second largest market with a team that lacks a "Face of the Franchise" and a coach and GM that in all honesty are already on the hot seat.  Forget who said it above, but the real surprise is they were allowed by ownership to use future picks for this deal.  They simply don't have a QB.  They know, if they stay at 15, nothing really changes and the odds they get fired are pretty good.  Making the trade does not significantly increase their chance of being fired.  But it can easily get them a new contract if it works out.  Yes, this trade reeks of desperation.  But it just might work out too.

agree on the real surprise.  But I would have gone many different routes rather than the desperation.1.  RG3.  You want a big name for LA?  You could have had one.2.  Glennon.  You want a quality guy for much less cost?  You couuld have had it.3.  Goff.  You could have had the California kid - and assumeably not had to give up 2 drafts.Now you have a rookie QB who is coming from D2 (assuming again it's wentz).  He's gonna go for playing against Montana to the Seattle Seahawks.  Playing behind a line that isn't great.  Playing witih WRs who have never really excelled.  Playing with a RB who has been simply average after a blazing start.  Playing with a gutted defense.  And no draft picks.I get it, they are taking their shot.  But they should have done it last year, if even at all.

• Anonymous

Inactive

agree on the real surprise.  But I would have gone many different routes rather than the desperation.1.  RG3.  You want a big name for LA?  You could have had one.2.  Glennon.  You want a quality guy for much less cost?  You couuld have had it.3.  Goff.  You could have had the California kid - and assumeably not had to give up 2 drafts.Now you have a rookie QB who is coming from D2 (assuming again it's wentz).  He's gonna go for playing against Montana to the Seattle Seahawks.  Playing behind a line that isn't great.  Playing witih WRs who have never really excelled.  Playing with a RB who has been simply average after a blazing start.  Playing with a gutted defense.  And no draft picks.I get it, they are taking their shot.  But they should have done it last year, if even at all.

FYI....I'm hearing they prefer Goff at #1 and the Browns were gonna take him at #2.

• Anonymous

Inactive

definitely possible.  And I would love to be reminded of it.  You really believe in wentz that much?  Or is it Goff?

I don't really believe one way or the other enough in either one to be definitive.  I think both have a shot to be really solid franchise QB's... I think they both could bust.  I don't think there's enough in either one's history to make me say "I know", what they're going to be.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Crazy that they'd give up that much when they could have Glennon. Obviously, they don't know his value.

lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

FYI....I'm hearing they prefer Goff at #1 and the Browns were gonna take him at #2.

hearing where?So now it's Goff that is the next tom Brady?  With those carnie hands?  Has the guy ever played under center?  It's funny, we as Bucs fans want to discredit VH3 as a top10 pick because of his height and speed, it's not elite.  But is Goff elite?  Not those hands, at least.Any maybe the Rams are still right.  Maybe this is Brady pt2.  But just as I've been told 1million times on this board - until you see it on the field it ain't true.  And who is his offensive coordinator? 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't really believe one way or the other enough in either one to be definitive.  I think both have a shot to be really solid franchise QB's... I think they both could bust.  I don't think there's enough in either one's history to make me say "I know", what they're going to be.

if you don’t really believe in these guys, why do you think they will make us eat crow?

• Anonymous

Inactive

if you don't really believe in these guys, why do you think they will make us eat crow?

I'm not the one saying that these kids definitely will suck.  I think there's a very realistic chance they'll both be pretty solid QB's.  I wouldn't bet on their success, but I wouldn't bet against them either.I also think there's a lot of people here underestimating the state of the Rams talent.  We're talking about a team who many think have a bad coach, awful QB situation, and poor direction.  Yet, that team went 7-9.  Just 2 seasons ago, we were in the same boat... but we went 2-14, that's a pretty big difference.  The Rams clearly have offensive and defensive talent.  They clearly have 1 huge missing piece.  Filling that piece can make this Rams team a 10-win team in 2017.  Where the lack of draft picks this year comes into play is 2018 and later.  Possibly, by then, the QB really matures and excels and makes up for that lack of depth.  That lack of depth will only continue if the people picking players routinely make bad decisions.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah.  IF the Rams believe Wentz really is a franchise QB, this honestly makes a fair bit of sense.  They’ve oodles of defensive talent and a run game.  It’s a hell of gamble, but I can fully see how they might consider the alternative being years and years of being in the 7-9/8-8 range.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah.  IF the Rams believe Wentz really is a franchise QB, this honestly makes a fair bit of sense.  They've oodles of defensive talent and a run game.  It's a hell of gamble, but I can fully see how they might consider the alternative being years and years of being in the 7-9/8-8 range.

Agree, and it shows how important a franchise QB is. And hopefully we have ours already, and can get out of the rat race.

• Anonymous

Inactive

if you don't really believe in these guys, why do you think they will make us eat crow?

I'm not the one saying that these kids definitely will suck.  I think there's a very realistic chance they'll both be pretty solid QB's.  I wouldn't bet on their success, but I wouldn't bet against them either.I also think there's a lot of people here underestimating the state of the Rams talent.  We're talking about a team who many think have a bad coach, awful QB situation, and poor direction.  Yet, that team went 7-9.  Just 2 seasons ago, we were in the same boat... but we went 2-14, that's a pretty big difference.  The Rams clearly have offensive and defensive talent.  They clearly have 1 huge missing piece.  Filling that piece can make this Rams team a 10-win team in 2017.  Where the lack of draft picks this year comes into play is 2018 and later.  Possibly, by then, the QB really matures and excels and makes up for that lack of depth.  That lack of depth will only continue if the people picking players routinely make bad decisions.

I strongly agree, particularly with the criticism of Wentz and Goff.  I shake my head at fans who pretend they know how a QB is going to develop.  It's a total crapshoot for NFL teams investing tons of money and man hours into the player - how do we expect to know better?The reality is, Wentz and Goff could end up better QBs than Winston.  I don't think it's likely, but drafting QBs is such a role of the dice anyways. Look at the 2005 draft which saw Alex Smith, Rodger, Jason Campbell and the 2006 draft which saw Young, Leinhart, and Cutler all drafted round 1.Even 2 years on from each draft no one expected Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler to be the two best QBs to come out of that draft.  It's a massive crapshoot, especially for fans.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah.  IF the Rams believe Wentz really is a franchise QB, this honestly makes a fair bit of sense.  They've oodles of defensive talent and a run game.  It's a hell of gamble, but I can fully see how they might consider the alternative being years and years of being in the 7-9/8-8 range.

Agree, and it shows how important a franchise QB is. And hopefully we have ours already, and can get out of the rat race.

So thankful that we sucked in 2014

• Anonymous

Inactive

I strongly agree, particularly with the criticism of Wentz and Goff.  I shake my head at fans who pretend they know how a QB is going to develop.  It's a total crapshoot for NFL teams investing tons of money and man hours into the player - how do we expect to know better?The reality is, Wentz and Goff could end up better QBs than Winston.  I don't think it's likely, but drafting QBs is such a role of the dice anyways. Look at the 2005 draft which saw Alex Smith, Rodger, Jason Campbell and the 2006 draft which saw Young, Leinhart, and Cutler all drafted round 1.Even 2 years on from each draft no one expected Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler to be the two best QBs to come out of that draft.  It's a massive crapshoot, especially for fans.

Agree its rolling the dice. Hell look at Russell Wilson.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota may still turn out to be a superstar. But I like our guy better right now. Year 2 will be very interesting for both of them.

• rogersgc

Participant

Agree its rolling the dice. Hell look at Russell Wilson.

Russell Wilson would have been drafted in the first round if he was taller though.In college he was a great player at NC State and Wisconsin. His skills were transferable to the league, it's his height that prevented him from being selected where he should have been.

• Anonymous

Inactive

hearing where?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2632830-insider-buzz-multiple-sources-believe-rams-will-draft-jared-goff-with-top-pick

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota may still turn out to be a superstar. But I like our guy better right now. Year 2 will be very interesting for both of them.

i LOVE our guy. He's the fire that this organization so desperately needed.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i LOVE our guy. He's the fire that this organization so desperately needed.

Ya, forget the talent comp for a minute. Its the intangibles that are off the charts.

• jeebz116

Participant

Goff is and always was better than Wentz. Goff is the pick. Will be suck or not. .. who knows, who cares?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Goff is and always was better than Wentz. Goff is the pick. Will be suck or not. .. who knows, who cares?

Now we need Lynch to catch fire. Go top 8.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wentz reminds me of Steve McNair… which ties in with Fischer.  Goff is a Cali QB, tho’…  Tough call, but I think it’s Wentz.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wentz reminds me of Steve McNair... which ties in with Fischer.  Goff is a Cali QB, tho'...  Tough call, but I think it's Wentz.

Good point.

• jeebz116

Participant

What are the teams that might draft a QB now? CLE may not draft one if LA takes their guy, which puts Wentz farther down the board, which pushes Lynch way down the board. Someone who needs a QB needs to trade up with CLE for Wentz, then whoever wants Lynch will get antsy and try to trade up with Dallas or something.Otherwise, I think Lynch goes somewhere in the middle to end of RD 1.

• Anonymous

Inactive

dumb move…say goodbye to Jeff and the GM next year…They set this franchise back by at least 2 years

• Anonymous

Inactive

What are the teams that might draft a QB now? CLE may not draft one if LA takes their guy, which puts Wentz farther down the board, which pushes Lynch way down the board. Someone who needs a QB needs to trade up with CLE for Wentz, then whoever wants Lynch will get antsy and try to trade up with Dallas or something.Otherwise, I think Lynch goes somewhere in the middle to end of RD 1.

That makes perfect sense and I agree. But I am hoping some team loses their frekin mind, and trades up for Lynch in a panic move.

• rogersgc

Participant

Wentz reminds me of Steve McNair... which ties in with Fischer.  Goff is a Cali QB, tho'...  Tough call, but I think it's Wentz.

What does Goff being from Cal have to do anything?The only QB to come out of Cal to be worth a damn in the league was Aaron Rodgers and Steve Bartkowski in 1975. It's not like there is some long history of great pedigree.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What does Goff being from Cal have to do anything?The only QB to come out of Cal to be worth a damn in the league was Aaron Rodgers and Steve Bartkowski in 1975. It's not like there is some long history of great pedigree.

Fischer is a Cali guy

• Anonymous

Inactive

The team just moved to L.A.  They probably think division rival SF will grab Goff so they can dump Kaep...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well you have to feel sorry for Cleveland fans (well, you don’t HAVE to), once again they get she-ite on by life. Here they were, feeling pretty confident that they were going to be able to choose between Wentz and Goff and now they have to take whomever is left. While I know rumors are saying that the Rams are interested in Goff, I think the initial reports that they are taking Wentz are true and I'm pretty certain that's who Cleveland was going to pick. Now they are going to take Goff and he's almost certain to fail, because, well, it's Cleveland.Wentz has to be happy as hell. :)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well you have to feel sorry for Cleveland fans (well, you don't HAVE to), once again they get she-ite on by life. Here they were, feeling pretty confident that they were going to be able to choose between Wentz and Goff and now they have to take whomever is left. While I know rumors are saying that the Rams are interested in Goff, I think the initial reports that they are taking Wentz are true and I'm pretty certain that's who Cleveland was going to pick. Now they are going to take Goff and he's almost certain to fail, because, well, it's Cleveland.Wentz has to be happy as hell. :)

The big joke on twitter today.Finally Fischer does something to help the Titans win.

• rogersgc

Participant

The team just moved to L.A.  They probably think division rival SF will grab Goff so they can dump Kaep...

gotcha

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. “Idiots” isn’t a word I’d use. It’s daring for sure. But if it finally makes them a playoff team, it’s hardly idiotic.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well you have to feel sorry for Cleveland fans (well, you don't HAVE to), once again they get she-ite on by life. Here they were, feeling pretty confident that they were going to be able to choose between Wentz and Goff and now they have to take whomever is left. While I know rumors are saying that the Rams are interested in Goff, I think the initial reports that they are taking Wentz are true and I'm pretty certain that's who Cleveland was going to pick. Now they are going to take Goff and he's almost certain to fail, because, well, it's Cleveland.Wentz has to be happy as hell. :)

Browns might just ride with RG3...http://nfltraderumors.co/eagles-still-attempt-trade-no-2-overall-qb/

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. "Idiots" isn't a word I'd use. It's daring for sure. But if it finally makes them a playoff team, it's hardly idiotic.

I don't know about playoff team, but they have a decent team. Just needed a QB. So who can fault them for rolling the dice.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know about playoff team, but they have a decent team. Just needed a QB. So who can fault them for rolling the dice.

Bring in a franchise signal caller to a team with an established ground game (Gurley), maybe move Foles to recover a mid-round draft pick. Not the worst situation, I really thought they would have had to trade up more picks to move up like that honestly.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know about playoff team, but they have a decent team. Just needed a QB. So who can fault them for rolling the dice.

Bring in a franchise signal caller to a team with an established ground game (Gurley), maybe move Foles to recover a mid-round draft pick. Not the worst situation, I really thought they would have had to trade up more picks to move up like that honestly.

I could be wrong but IIRC, they swept the Seahawks last season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ed Werder ?@Edwerderespn 3m3 minutes ago#Titans GM Jon Robinson says he had multiple offers for No. 1 overall pick. #Eagles one of them until withdrew earlier in week, per source

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dom just said the Bucs are a good candidate to trade down right now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could be wrong but IIRC, they swept the Seahawks last season.

Absolutely correct. Whomever it is, they are walking into a decent situation to say the least.Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/12/27/rams-beat-seattle-23-17-for-1st-win-in-seattle-since-2004/77957148/

• Anonymous

Inactive

The big joke on twitter today.Finally Fischer does something to help the Titans win.

LOL!  ;D

• Anonymous

Inactive

Crazy that they'd give up that much when they could have Glennon. Obviously, they don't know his value.

Such a smartazz :)

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also think there's a lot of people here underestimating the state of the Rams talent.  We're talking about a team who many think have a bad coach, awful QB situation, and poor direction.  Yet, that team went 7-9.  Just 2 seasons ago, we were in the same boat... but we went 2-14, that's a pretty big difference.  The Rams clearly have offensive and defensive talent.  They clearly have 1 huge missing piece.  Filling that piece can make this Rams team a 10-win team in 2017.  Where the lack of draft picks this year comes into play is 2018 and later.  Possibly, by then, the QB really matures and excels and makes up for that lack of depth.  That lack of depth will only continue if the people picking players routinely make bad decisions.

who are the pieces that the Rams are building around?  They have lost a ton of their talent on the D.  Their talent on O is very mysterious.  Will we see the Todd gurley who gouged the Bucs for 2.3ypc?  Is Greg Robinson an all pro LT, or a bust in the making?  Their talent on D?  Their is film on Barron’s new role, will he be attacked now?  They lost 2 key members of their secondary.  The lost I assume a huge vet role of leadership with long/laurinitis.  And now they are depending on a rookie QB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2632830-insider-buzz-multiple-sources-believe-rams-will-draft-jared-goff-with-top-pick

and I believe I heard shefter said wentz.  Who knows?  I’m glad I don’t care!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. "Idiots" isn't a word I'd use. It's daring for sure. But if it finally makes them a playoff team, it's hardly idiotic.

didnt the RG3 trade make the redskins a playoff team?  So I assume that would mean the trade was a good one for them?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Out of curiosity how would you expect the Rams to address the QB situation? Do you think that the gap between Lynch, Cook, Hackenberg etc. and Wentz is small?When I look at how the Rams have addressed QB I see that;They thought they had their guy in BradfordTraded for a vet that had some success and experience in Nick Foles, as well as Case KeenumDrafted mid and late rounders in Sean Mannion and Garrett Gilbert The only thing Snead has not done to address the QB situation is sign an older vet like Fitz or spend a premium pick on a guy. I'm not trying to be critical, just playing devil's advocate I suppose. I agree that the jump in competition is a very legitimate concern and they did spend a lot to make the move. They did clear a lot of money this off season in hopes of keeping their defense intact but I see holes at WR and TE which don't bode well for a rookie QB

• Anonymous

Inactive

Such a smartazz :)

HATE has been a little snarky lately, just offseason blues I assume.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Out of curiosity how would you expect the Rams to address the QB situation? Do you think that the gap between Lynch, Cook, Hackenberg etc. and Wentz is small?I'm not trying to be critical, just playing devil's advocate I suppose. I agree that the jump in competition is a very legitimate concern and they did spend a lot to make the move. They did clear a lot of money this off season in hopes of keeping their defense intact but I see holes at WR and TE which don't bode well for a rookie QB

im no scout, but I don’t see a big difference in any of those QBs.  Cook has the leadership issue, hack never recovered from losing obrien.  Lynch and wentz had some pretty poor competition, lynch and Goff I believe have never taken under center snaps?  I don’t believe any of them are on the level of Winston/mariota from a year ago.I would have made an attempt at rg3, or glennon.  Both polar opposites but one should be similar to what they were looking for.  Out of the draftees, for the Rams - I would look hardest at hack.  And use all those draft picks to continue to build the team.They are sold on one of these guys being an immediate winner with what they have in place.  That's great for them, go for it.  But has it ever worked?  Has trading this much for a single player ever worked out?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can Glennon and #9 get us into top 3?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Out of curiosity how would you expect the Rams to address the QB situation? Do you think that the gap between Lynch, Cook, Hackenberg etc. and Wentz is small?I'm not trying to be critical, just playing devil's advocate I suppose. I agree that the jump in competition is a very legitimate concern and they did spend a lot to make the move. They did clear a lot of money this off season in hopes of keeping their defense intact but I see holes at WR and TE which don't bode well for a rookie QB

im no scout, but I don't see a big difference in any of those QBs.  Cook has the leadership issue, hack never recovered from losing obrien.  Lynch and wentz had some pretty poor competition, lynch and Goff I believe have never taken under center snaps?  I don't believe any of them are on the level of Winston/mariota from a year ago.I would have made an attempt at rg3, or glennon.  Both polar opposites but one should be similar to what they were looking for.  Out of the draftees, for the Rams - I would look hardest at hack.  And use all those draft picks to continue to build the team.They are sold on one of these guys being an immediate winner with what they have in place.  That's great for them, go for it.  But has it ever worked?  Has trading this much for a single player ever worked out?

That Eli trade worked out ok.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think if anything, they would be looking to trade back, not up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i guess you could use that one.  The Giants get the #1, the Chargers get 2 #1s, a 3rd and a 5th.Not exactly 2 1s, 2 2s , and 2 3s though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i guess you could use that one.  The Giants get the #1, the Chargers get 2 #1s, a 3rd and a 5th.Not exactly 2 1s, 2 2s , and 2 3s though.

Yeah but the Giants only had to move up a few spots right?And I would trade 2 1s, 2 2s, and 2 3s for 2 Super Bowl rings like Eli has brought them. Shew a lot of 2s in that sentence lol.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think if anything, they would be looking to trade back, not up.

Not necessarily. Bosa and Ramsey would satisfy big needs for our team and they are among the very few elite players available in this draft. If one were available at around pick 6 then its definitley possible that Licht is making some calls to see what scenarios exist to move up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

when has the price been worth the chance?  With RG3?  With Rickey Williams?  With Hershel Walker?  I'm sure somewhere it's turned out well.  Closest I can think of is the Bucs - trading massive sums for Gruden/Keyshawn.Well since we're talking the Rams here, I don't think they have regrets about trading up for Orlando Pace. I don't think the Falcons are disappointed that they traded up for Julio Jones either. Overall I do agree though and can point to several other trade ups that did not work out. (Trent Richardson, Derrick Harvey) And how much talent do they really have?  And underperforming OL?  An underperforming WR unit?  An overrated RB?  Their defense just got gutted.

Regarding the OL, they started two rookies, Havenstein at RT who missed three games and Jamon Brown at guard who missed seven games. Saffold missed 11 games. My biggest concern about their Oline is center and the slow development of Greg Robinson at left tackle, both of which could be crucial to a QB's development, but I would expect the Oline to play better this year.If the Oline underperforms, the wideouts underperform, and there isn't a viable QB on the roster, I don't think that bodes well for a RB. Even if Gurley is overrated, I think he's proven that he's a capable starting running back. He will also have a full off season instead of rehab. Recall that he missed the start of the season with a knee. No disagreement about the receiving core. I really don't like this group and I think the lack of talent here really hurt Foles and Keanum. Austin has shown to be a somewhat capable gadget guy but hasn't developed into that desean jackson deep threat he was expected to be. Kenny Britt seemingly always has a defender draped on him and Stedman Bailey is just starting to run routes after being shot in the head a couple months ago. Brian Quick? What is there to say?  As far as the defense. Ogletree is taking over for Laurinaitis and Barron is taking over for Ogeltree. EJ Gaines was the starter over Trumaine Johnson who they tagged until he was placed on IR. He will come in and take over for Janoris Jenkins. Long had four sacks in two years and was outplayed by Hayes who they kept. I'm not going to say that the defense will be better or even the same with those losses, but gutted? Nah

• Anonymous

Inactive

im no scout, but I don't see a big difference in any of those QBs.  Cook has the leadership issue, hack never recovered from losing obrien.  Lynch and wentz had some pretty poor competition, lynch and Goff I believe have never taken under center snaps?  I don't believe any of them are on the level of Winston/mariota from a year ago.I would have made an attempt at rg3, or glennon.  Both polar opposites but one should be similar to what they were looking for.  Out of the draftees, for the Rams - I would look hardest at hack.  And use all those draft picks to continue to build the team.They are sold on one of these guys being an immediate winner with what they have in place.  That's great for them, go for it. I guess this is the key point. I haven't gone out of my way to follow these QB's and it seemed like for most of the offseason this group was viewed as lackluster. They've been spinning their tires for a while, we'll see if they pick the guy that can move them forward. If so, the compensation will be worth it. If not, colossal mistakeBut has it ever worked?  Has trading this much for a single player ever worked out?I'll have to look at the Julio Jones trade. That one took a lot of compensation albeit not as much as this one

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah but the Giants only had to move up a few spots right?And I would trade 2 1s, 2 2s, and 2 3s for 2 Super Bowl rings like Eli has brought them. Shew a lot of 2s in that sentence lol.

hindsight, sure.Do you think wentz/Goff are will play at a high level like Eli has?  Do you think the Rams defense is as good as the Giants defense was?  Do you think fisher is as good as coughlin?Like I said, it was a similar trade, just not as big.  So it can work out.  I'm betting against it.  I think most would bet against it working.  But many want to argue for it.

• FLASH

Participant

the bucs could trade down now and if they get a #2 for mike they could have 4 pics in the first 2 rounds.  DT  DE  CB  And a speedy WR.

• Anonymous

Inactive

the bucs could trade down now and if they get a #2 for mike they could have 4 pics in the first 2 rounds.  DT  DE  CB  And a speedy WR.

Sign me up.  NKemdiche, Eli Apple for starters. Ogbah maybe.

• williebrowntown

That would be nice. Hell that would be a dream... depending on who you select of course. Everyone has their choice of players but I'd like to see1. Vernon Butler2. Noah Spence2. Karl Joseph2. Sterling Shepard

• Anonymous

Inactive

hindsight, sure.Do you think wentz/Goff are will play at a high level like Eli has?  Do you think the Rams defense is as good as the Giants defense was?  Do you think fisher is as good as coughlin?Like I said, it was a similar trade, just not as big.  So it can work out.  I'm betting against it.  I think most would bet against it working.  But many want to argue for it.

O I am surely betting against it lol. One thing though, the Rams defense can be very very good just like the Giants and to be honest, before Coughlin was hired by the Giants I never considered him an elite coach just "pretty good". But again, I am in your corner in betting against that happening.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Rams made this deal last night, but didn’t want to steal Kobe’s thunder. So they waited until this morning to announce it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Amen

• Anonymous

Inactive

That would be nice. Hell that would be a dream... depending on who you select of course. Everyone has their choice of players but I'd like to see1. Vernon Butler2. Noah Spence2. Karl Joseph2. Sterling Shepard

Omg sign me up for those 4 right now!

• Anonymous

Inactive

swap Shepard for Ogbah.  :)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ed Werder ?@Edwerderespn 3m3 minutes ago#Titans GM Jon Robinson says he had multiple offers for No. 1 overall pick. #Eagles one of them until withdrew earlier in week, per source

Eagles are frugal with picks. I never believed they’d outbid someone in this type of battle.

• Anonymous

Inactive

swap Shepard for Ogbah.  :)

Butler Spence Joseph and Ogbah?

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Vernon Butler2. Noah Spence2. Karl Joseph2. Sterling Shepard

i don’t think you could get much better than this.  I’d love an G/RT, but that’s just being greedy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eagles are frugal with picks. I never believed they'd outbid someone in this type of battle.

Value wise, in order to beat the Rams, the Eagles would only had to have given up a 1st and 3rd this year and next... theoretically.  Points wise, the Rams would have been better, but the Eagles first round pick would be 8 picks sooner.  They could have traded back again if they wanted to and got even more picks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs are now hoping Goff, Lynch, and Elliot are all gone before #9.  If so, then either Buckner, Bosa, or Ramsey will be in play, either a realistic trade up or actually falling in their laps.  I think Hargreaves is good value too, but I would rank the previous 3 even higher.  1st round should always be value, value, value.  Just my opinion.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs are now hoping Goff, Lynch, and Elliot are all gone before #9.  If so, then either Buckner, Bosa, or Ramsey will be in play, either a realistic trade up or actually falling in their laps.  I think Hargreaves is good value too, but I would rank the previous 3 even higher.  1st round should always be value, value, value.  Just my opinion.

I dunno.  I'm kind of hoping Lynch is still there and someone gets antsy enough about the possibility of another team making a trade to go ahead and offer us a good deal for our pick.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dunno.  I'm kind of hoping Lynch is still there and someone gets antsy enough about the possibility of another team making a trade to go ahead and offer us a good deal for our pick.

yep and then whoever misses out on that QB trades us their 2nd for glennon and we rebuild real quick

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could see Bosa falling to us now.LA - GoffCLE - WentzSD - TunsilDal - RamseyJax - JackBal - BucknerSF - StanleyPhi - ElliottTB - Bosa

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not gonna bother reading the previous 6 pages of posts but this is actually a weak return for such a big drop on the Titans part.  It’s probably due to the fact that neither of the qb’s are sure-fire franchise calibre.  Redskins gave up 3 1st’s and a 2nd to move up from 6 to 2 and the rights to draft either Luck or RG3.The Bills gave up two 1st's and a 4th to move up from 9 to 4 to draft Sammy WatkinsThe Rams just traded two 1st's, two 2nd's and two 3rd's to move from 15 to 1 (and a little extra).History says this is a weak return but it will clearly really help the Titans.I still think the Rams are dumb for trading up for either of these Qb's.  If they pick Wentz, he'll be the biggest qb bust since Jamarcus. 

• dafif

Participant

I could see Bosa falling to us now.LA - GoffCLE - WentzSD - TunsilDal - RamseyJax - JackBal - BucknerSF - StanleyPhi - ElliottTB - Bosa

I think this ends up being closer to what actually happens based on needs.  I just hope somebody like the jets or denver gets antsy and wants to move up to grab lynch.LA - GoffCLE - WentzSD - RamseyDal - BosaJax - JackBal - TunsilSF - StanleyPhi - ElliottTB - Buckner

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could see Bosa falling to us now.LA - GoffCLE - WentzSD - TunsilDal - RamseyJax - JackBal - BucknerSF - StanleyPhi - ElliottI'm worried about Frisco a bit. I'll be more confident in them taking Stanley if they do trade Anthony Davis. Corey Lemoier, Ahmad Brooks, Aaron Lynch, Eli Harold. Other than Lynch I'm not sure if these guys are enough to preclude them from taking Bosa. I do think he has a shot at making it to us thoughTB - Bosa

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m hearing Philly pulled their offer to get the Titans #1 pick after the met with Lynch…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we’re gonna see 49ers trade up with Cle to get the other QB. Cleveland knows they have no talent and needs to stock up talent and are looking to get more picks. My surprise pick is Cleveland will draft Cardale Jones in the second round. Go in with RG3 as starter while letting Jones develop.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm hearing Philly pulled their offer to get the Titans #1 pick after the met with Lynch...

Why would you extend Bradford and sign Chase Daniel to 7 million per season only to take the third highest rated QB with a top 10 pick? Call me crazy, but I don't think the Eagles were ever going to take QB with their top pick.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep. Either scenario is pretty good

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm hearing Philly pulled their offer to get the Titans #1 pick after the met with Lynch...

Why would you extend Bradford and sign Chase Daniel to 7 million per season only to take the third highest rated QB with a top 10 pick? Call me crazy, but I don't think the Eagles were ever going to take QB with their top pick.

How confident are they that Bradford can stay on the field?http://nfltraderumors.co/eagles-still-attempt-trade-no-2-overall-qb/

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every mock draft published so far is wrong. Ha ha so called experts don’t know jack

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice haul by the Titans! I could actually see a Trade between the Bucs and Titans now so the Titans could sneak back into the Top 10 for Stanley and deal an extra 2nd to the BUCS....Bucs then could draft the following along the D Line and the contract/position/value is there at #15.RankinsReedSpenceLawsonNkemdicheIf we got the #15 and #44 Reed and Spence?Rankins and Floyd?Could be a flurry for us as well.I don't see the 49'ers reaching for Paxton Lynch now and expect them to Trade Down and the deal with the Bronco's for Kap will be DEAD.That could once again work in our favor as I see Glennon with a bit more upside than a Foles. Which might help us work a deal with the Bronco's.A ton of things could happen!I love this time in the NFL~

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still think the Rams are dumb for trading up for either of these Qb's. 

Especially since they could've had future HOFer Mike Glennon for a pittance.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man this isn't fair. I just BS'd around and did a Titans Mock draft on fanspeak(They updated the draft order) and look at this haul:15: R1P15CB ELI APPLEOHIO STATE33: R2P2DT ROBERT NKEMDICHEOLE MISS43: R2P12S KARL JOSEPHWEST VIRGINIA45: R2P14CB ARTIE BURNSMIAMI (FLA.)64: R3P1G VADAL ALEXANDERLSU76: R3P13OLB JAYLON SMITHNOTRE DAME140: R5P1WR KOLBY LISTENBEETCU

This intrigued me enough to do the same. If Robinson has half the ability to build a successful team as I think he does, he can really build a monster over the next few years. 15: R1P15CB VERNON HARGREAVES IIIFLORIDA33: R2P2  DT ROBERT NKEMDICHEMISSISSIPPI43: R2P12  DE EMMANUEL OGBAHOKLAHOMA ST.45: R2P14  WR JOSH DOCTSONTCU64: R3P1  OLB SU'A CRAVENSUSC76: R3P13  S JEREMY CASHDUKE140: R5P1  OT KYLE MURPHYSTANFORD193: R6P18  G DOMINICK JACKSONALABAMA222: R7P1  C AUSTIN BLYTHEIOWA

• Anonymous

Inactive

i disagree.  I think the skins were idiots to give that much up for a #2.  I think the Rams are idiots to give up so much for this #1.  Teams that get desperate make bad moves.  Let's count the times that giving up so much has turned out well?The Rams, no matter how much they try to protect their pick, are putting a huge target on (assumeably) wentz.  The LA media, 2 full drafts, moving from d2 to NFL, no additional help.  That's immense pressure.  Maybe he can handle it - maybe not.  It's gonna take a while for them - IMO - to prove they weren't idiots on this one.

The Rams might of made a good trade.  If the Bucs were at 15 last year, what would you gave up to get Winston? I would of gave that up and more.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Rams might of made a good trade.  If the Bucs were at 15 last year, what would you gave up to get Winston? I would of gave that up and more.

the Rams might have made a good trade.  But no one is willing to say it.  Because no one thinks this years crop of QBs is special.I wouldn't have moved up, definitely not that far, and not with a decent guy in glennon on roster.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also think there's a lot of people here underestimating the state of the Rams talent.  We're talking about a team who many think have a bad coach, awful QB situation, and poor direction.  Yet, that team went 7-9.  Just 2 seasons ago, we were in the same boat... but we went 2-14, that's a pretty big difference.  The Rams clearly have offensive and defensive talent.  They clearly have 1 huge missing piece.  Filling that piece can make this Rams team a 10-win team in 2017.  Where the lack of draft picks this year comes into play is 2018 and later.  Possibly, by then, the QB really matures and excels and makes up for that lack of depth.  That lack of depth will only continue if the people picking players routinely make bad decisions.

First, this a great write up with some excellent points.Second, I'm going to push back a bit.  I understand you're looking at the Ram's side of it (which is great) but I think in reality it's really going to hurt the Rams.They are not a QB away from being a great team.  They lost some real talent (which was really overpaid) and have numerous holes on the roster.  On offence they don't have a WR or TE worth a dime.  Their best WR last year was Kenny Britt (!!!) with 681 yards (2nd was Jared Cook who's gone).  Their offensive line is also very suspect with a 2015 2nd and 3rd rounder slotted in alongside Greg Robinson.  Obviously Gurley is a real talent.On defence they are much better obviously.  Their DL is as stacked as you can get in the NFL and they have good (not great) LBs in Ayers, Ogletree, Barron.  Their secondary is average (which is much better than the Bucs can say).  Obviously they will have some draft picks aside from QB to fill these holes but not much.I'm almost always against trades the Rams made.  How many of these trades turn out successful?  Off the top of my head I can't think of any, although some probably exist.  The Rams are going to be hurting for depth particularly if they lose more of their current talent to free agency.  They will also very likely struggle offensively.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Apples and oranges. Winston and Mariota were both excellent QB prospects. It wasn't a reach to draft either #1 overall. Goff and Wentz?  Not so much.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Outside of Gurley and Austin they don’t have any supporting cast around that rookie QB they’ll be taking. I will say that, they have heavily invested into their offensive line so they should be fine if they commit to riding Gurley.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has to make you wonder if teams offered anything close to this deal last year for Winston. Looking at Goff and Wentz; I think they're good prospects but when compared to Winston, it's not even close.Please, sweet baby Jesus, let Jameis be The One.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has to make you wonder if teams offered anything close to this deal last year for Winston. Looking at Goff and Wentz; I think they're good prospects but when compared to Winston, it's not even close.Please, sweet baby Jesus, let Jameis be The One.

+1He is definitely doing all the right things. I don't think we could ask for more.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good post. Exactly what I am HOPING happens. SF is the lynch pin here. They could take Bosa as well. I feel Philly is locked in. Buckner is a perfect fit in Bal for need and talent.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good post. Exactly what I am HOPING happens. SF is the lynch pin here. They could take Bosa as well. I feel Philly is locked in. Buckner is a perfect fit in Bal for need and talent.

Agree, I don't like Buckner here, but Balt would be a perfect fit IMO.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Titans need oline help something awful.  If Stanley drops to 9 and nobody is left that Licht is in love with I wonder if he could talk his buddy into a swap.  I’d take the the 15th and one of their 2nds for the 9th if Ramsey and Bosa are off the board.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Rams will choose Wentz. He is a very good QB and underrated. I think it was a pretty good trade on their part (as long as the QB becomes good lol). I am just not sure if another QB is taken in the top 10 if Wentz goes #1.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Rams hit on the QB, it is a great trade.  If the Titans needed a qb they wouldn’t of traded that pick.  They were in a great spot.  I think they score in 2017.  They might have 2 of the top 10 picks next year.  The Rams will start a rookie QB and I still not a fan of the Titans team.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Rams will choose Wentz. He is a very good QB and underrated. I think it was a pretty good trade on their part (as long as the QB becomes good lol). I am just not sure if another QB is taken in the top 10 if Wentz goes #1.

How is he underrated? He's the top QB in the draft according to the majority of draftniks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

How is he underrated? He's the top QB in the draft according to the majority of draftniks.

Maybe under-graded due to smaller college competition.  Smart and looks really, really good.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think compared to previous drafts I feel like he is a little underrated by the fans. Undergraded could be a good word like the previous poster used. I do not think Wentz is as good of a prospect as Winston but I do think he is either right on par with Mariota or slightly better. I haven't really watched much of Goff but he looks good as well. I just worry about his slight frame (just like Mariota) and the system he was in. I think I read somewhere that he never took a snap under center (could be wrong though).

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman RetweetedRand Getlin ?@Rand_Getlin 37m37 minutes agoBeen told multiple times that Carson Wentz and Jared Goff graded out higher for a number of teams than Mariota and Winston did last year.

unpossible...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Auman RetweetedRand Getlin ?@Rand_Getlin 37m37 minutes agoBeen told multiple times that Carson Wentz and Jared Goff graded out higher for a number of teams than Mariota and Winston did last year.

unpossible...

A "number" of teams looking for a trading partner (sucker).

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tennessee will come out of this one sitting pretty.15: R1P15OT JACK CONKLINMICHIGAN STATEProtection for Mariota33: R2P2WR JOSH DOCTSONTCUBig target for Mariota43: R2P12WR WILL FULLERNOTRE DAMESpeedy target for Mariota45: R2P14S KARL JOSEPHWEST VIRGINIAStarting to address defense with enforcer safety64: R3P1DT JAVON HARGRAVESOUTH CAROLINA STATEGood value DT76: R3P13RB C.J. PROSISENOTRE DAMEDynamic RB for Mariota to hand the ball to140: R5P1DE MATT JUDONGRAND VALLEY STATEEdge rusher with high ceiling193: R6P18G REES ODHIAMBOBOISE STATEDevelopmental protector for Mariota222: R7P1QB VERNON ADAMS JR.OREGONBackup QB for Mariota who can run the exact same offense if when Mariota goes down

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rams need to pull a Licht and draft all offense. Specifically, they have zero passing game right now. R1P1QB CARSON WENTZNORTH DAKOTA STATE110: R4P12WR CHARONE PEAKECLEMSON113: R4P15TE JERELL ADAMSSOUTH CAROLINA177: R6P2WR MIKE THOMASSOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI190: R6P15CB DEIONDRE' HALLNORTHERN IOWA

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tennessee will come out of this one sitting pretty.15: R1P15OT JACK CONKLINMICHIGAN STATEProtection for Mariota33: R2P2WR JOSH DOCTSONTCUBig target for Mariota43: R2P12WR WILL FULLERNOTRE DAMESpeedy target for Mariota45: R2P14S KARL JOSEPHWEST VIRGINIAStarting to address defense with enforcer safety64: R3P1DT JAVON HARGRAVESOUTH CAROLINA STATEGood value DT76: R3P13RB C.J. PROSISENOTRE DAMEDynamic RB for Mariota to hand the ball to140: R5P1DE MATT JUDONGRAND VALLEY STATEEdge rusher with high ceiling193: R6P18G REES ODHIAMBOBOISE STATEDevelopmental protector for Mariota222: R7P1QB VERNON ADAMS JR.OREGONBackup QB for Mariota who can run the exact same offense if when Mariota goes down

That would be a dynamite haul for the Titans. However, I don't see Conklin making it to #15. If Stanley is picked before #9, I can see Tennessee giving us a call to move up and grab Conklin.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You know what I have to ask? HOW could the Rams trade two number one picks, two number two picks and a three if they’re not even sure who they want to draft? That there’s no clear cut choice (granted that’s just what we’re hearing) tells me they’re not too sure about EITHER QB! I know this. I'd rather be the Buccaneers than the Rams any day.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They can’t and it’s absurd to think they don’t know who they are taking.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You know what I have to ask? HOW could the Rams trade two number one picks, two number two picks and a three if they're not even sure who they want to draft? That there's no clear cut choice (granted that's just what we're hearing) tells me they're not too sure about EITHER QB! I know this. I'd rather be the Buccaneers than the Rams any day.

They absolutely know who they're taking.  The NFL just doesn't want them to say it and ruin some of the excitement for the draft.

• bucsnbr1

Participant

Yeah of course they know who their taking. Seems that should go without saying.What seems weird to me is that none of the top QBs are really that highly touted. Not like last year where the top QBs were a basic guarantee to be gone by the third pick. Just seemed like there was a good chance that the top QBs this year could slide, possibly even to 15. Sliding to 15 was probably unlikely but gotta believe they could of slid some, whereas the Rams could have gotten their guy a heck of a lot cheaper......... Oh well, I guess they are 100% sold that Goeff or Wentz will be a great QB in the league.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah of course they know who their taking. Seems that should go without saying.What seems weird to me is that none of the top QBs are really that highly touted. Not like last year where the top QBs were a basic guarantee to be gone by the third pick. Just seemed like there was a good chance that the top QBs this year could slide, possibly even to 15. Sliding to 15 was probably unlikely but gotta believe they could of slid some, whereas the Rams could have gotten their guy a heck of a lot cheaper......... Oh well, I guess they are 100% sold that Goeff or Wentz will be a great QB in the league.

Keep in mind, "highly touted" is just the media.  It is not the reality of what teams actually think.  Sometimes they have a good feel for how GMs view players, sometimes not.  As BookerReese pointed out, Matt Waldman (a respected scout and not a talking head) has Goff>Winston>Mariota.  Every year you see players "fall" and "rise".  They're not actually "falling" and "rising" you're just seeing the reality of how teams view players vs. how the media views them.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep in mind, "highly touted" is just the media.  It is not the reality of what teams actually think.  Sometimes they have a good feel for how GMs view players, sometimes not.  As BookerReese pointed out, Matt Waldman (a respected scout and not a talking head) has Goff>Winston>Mariota.  Every year you see players "fall" and "rise".  They're not actually "falling" and "rising" you're just seeing the reality of how teams view players vs. how the media views them.

Think Waldman is awesome but he is wrong as hell. Goff is behind both, significantly. He's got excellent pocket movement and 1st rd qb accuracy. Runs spread stuff well too, but who can't? Easy to read an LB or big safety in a bad matchup. NFL D's will keep that stuff in front and tackle runners fast. You gotta make big boy throws into the teeth of defenses. Waldman may be flawed in that he is overly contrarian, always looking to elevate smaller name players, it benefits his brand. The confusing thing is that Waldman loved Jameis.  Goff doesn't have big-time game IMO, accurate game manager type, that doesn't do great on 3rd downs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone talks about goffs accuracy – but he was a 62% passer?  Did his guys lead the NCAA in drops?  Folks talked down about winstons accuracy, and he was a 66.  Folks talked up mariotas, he was a 67.So what gives?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sometimes when you reach, you get something good in return. Most times, you do not. Jon Robinson is beginning his career as a GM with a bang. As did Jason Licht…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yesterday, Jason La Canfora of CBS reported that the Browns have become “increasingly motivated to deal the second-overall pick.”

http://nfltraderumors.co/value-browns-no-2-pick-gone-way-eagles-49ers-jets-still-options-trade/

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yesterday, Jason La Canfora of CBS reported that the Browns have become “increasingly motivated to deal the second-overall pick.”

http://nfltraderumors.co/value-browns-no-2-pick-gone-way-eagles-49ers-jets-still-options-trade/

With the 2 top QB prospects this year being so inferior to last year's, they need to do everything they can to create a buzz.

• Anonymous

Inactive

With the 2 top QB prospects this year being so inferior to last year's, they need to do everything they can to create a buzz.

I wouldn't go that far...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair enough. Remove the "so" and just leave the "inferior".

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair enough. Remove the "so" and just leave the "inferior".

I don't think I'd even say that either.  Stuff I've heard and things I've read over the last few weeks lends me to believe they're not far off.  In fact, I'd rate the 4 as 1)Winston 2)Goff 3)Wentz 4)Mariota.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So guys, of the two, who IS the best QB in this draft if it’s so obvious? I really don’t know. Last year I thought it was clearly Winston although Mariota is better than either guy this season IMO.But both the QB's this year look very good on the shows I'm seeing on the NFL Network and ESPN.Is Goff clearly better than Wentz or vice versa? I hear Goff is more NFL ready now with Wentz having the better upside. Is that just scout guessing or true?

• Anonymous

Inactive

So guys, of the two, who IS the best QB in this draft if it's so obvious? I really don't know. Last year I thought it was clearly Winston although Mariota is better than either guy this season IMO.But both the QB's this year look very good on the shows I'm seeing on the NFL Network and ESPN.Is Goff clearly better than Wentz or vice versa? I hear Goff is more NFL ready now with Wentz having the better upside. Is that just scout guessing or true?

I haven't even studied them at all. No idea who is better and don't really care either. Just glad we got our QB  8)

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still think it was stupid to mortgage the future with a trade like that to give a mediocre coach his QB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still think it was stupid to mortgage the future with a trade like that to give a mediocre coach his QB.

^^ this ^^

• Anonymous

Inactive

So guys, of the two, who IS the best QB in this draft if it's so obvious? I really don't know. Last year I thought it was clearly Winston although Mariota is better than either guy this season IMO.But both the QB's this year look very good on the shows I'm seeing on the NFL Network and ESPN.Is Goff clearly better than Wentz or vice versa? I hear Goff is more NFL ready now with Wentz having the better upside. Is that just scout guessing or true?

I haven't, and won't "study" any of them.  I read.  I listen.  I formulate.  I don't think Mariota is better than either of these two.  I think too many people undersell these two kids unfairly.  Last year, I didn't think the gap was really all that big between Winston and Mariota, and think the same this year.  I think Goff is better than Wentz, but not by much.  As I stated above, I'd put Goff and Wentz (in that order), between Winston and Mariota.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven't even studied them at all. No idea who is better and don't really care either. Just glad we got our QB  8)

LOL Can't argue having Winston makes this THEIR problem and not ours. Believe me, I'm no draft Guru and certainly no "expert" but just curious. I believe the Rams made a big mistake by trading away so many valuable picks. I know it hurt the Buccaneers for years after the Gruden and Keyshawn trades. Hey, it got us a Super Bowl win though. One.Anyway, I am curious and after all, our home opener this fall IS going to be against the Rams and one of the two rookie QB's. Either one will have a lot of pressure on them...... maybe even some from our DL (typed Garv with fingers crossed)

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL Can't argue having Winston makes this THEIR problem and not ours. Believe me, I'm no draft Guru and certainly no "expert" but just curious. I believe the Rams made a big mistake by trading away so many valuable picks. I know it hurt the Buccaneers for years after the Gruden and Keyshawn trades. Hey, it got us a Super Bowl win though. One.Anyway, I am curious and after all, our home opener this fall IS going to be against the Rams and one of the two rookie QB's. Either one will have a lot of pressure on them...... maybe even some from our DL (typed Garv with fingers crossed)

It's a good thing Lovie still isn't here.  Whomever the Rams draft would look like Tom Brady on that day.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No matter which QB they pick (I think they’ll go with Wentz), it’s a bold move after last year’s two HC lost their jobs…Wentz will need a coaching staff that doesn't cling to neaderthal notions of how to play football.  Goff needs protection, and maybe warm weather...

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's a good thing Lovie still isn't here.  Whomever the Rams draft would look like Tom Brady on that day.

Funny I was just thinking about that in regards to our first game of the season in Atlanta. Lovie had how many MONTHS to prepare for that game? At home and against a rookie QB? It looked like the team was absolutely unprepared and lost from the first snap. Terrible.I'm thinking Mike Smith's defense will look a hell of a lot better in his debut on the road and against an experienced QB.Another reminder of why Lovie got fired and why this team is so much better off today, thx!

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade up interruptus?http://nfltraderumors.co/eagles-reportedly-trade-place-chargers-no-3-pick/

Almost wish the Eagles mortgaged their future and the quarterback busted.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade up interruptus?http://nfltraderumors.co/eagles-reportedly-trade-place-chargers-no-3-pick/

Almost wish the Eagles mortgaged their future and the quarterback busted.

It's not too late...

Viewing 215 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.