Monday, September 16, 2019

READER SUBMITTED BUCS BATTLE PLAN CONTEST

This topic contains 48 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Roy Mar. 9, 2019 at 11:32 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Mark Cook
    Keymaster

Submit your own Bucs Battle Plan and the PewterReport.com staff will vote next week on our favorite and the winner will receive a $50 gift card to Ford’s Garage.

Submit your Battle Plan in this thread. And the contest will end next Monday night at midnight. You don’t have to necessarily list every single single detail as we did in ours, but you must fit under cap, list cuts, trades, free agent signings, draft picks and 53 man roster.

+6
    Rating: +6. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Mark Cook.

Pepsi
    Participant

submission time table?

Rating: -1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

Ja’crispy
    Participant

How do we submit it? Post on the red board?

Rating: -1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

Mark Cook
    Keymaster

Yes submit on the board in this thread. Contest ends next Monday at midnight.

+2
    Rating: +1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

EricNV
    Participant

Defense – We either keep McCoy or keep Beau Allen for depth purposes, but don’t cut/trade both. Address depth in the draft, and draft McCoy’s replacement earlier if he ends up a cap casualty (I would hate for that to happen). Cut M Unrein and Gholston for cap space. Draft a LB to replace Beckwith, who sounds like his NFL career may be over, sign K Minter again for depth. Franchise Alexander or let him test FA first. T Matheiu will be the premier FA signing, one of the few the Bucs sign this offseason, and add an inexpensive CB via FA who can start at CB1 or CB2 with Davis unless Hargreaves proves his really good game against the Saints in game 1 last season (until his injury) was not a fluke and resign Elliot on a 1 or 2-yr deal and promote him to starting slot CB. Have Stewart back up Mathieu at SS.

Offense – Cut Dotson (Hate it, but is he worth what he’s making at this point in his career?), sign Smith to a 4-yr deal with performance incentives (It’s the cheapest and most realistic move), draft a G (Ben Powers?) to compete with Cappa at RG, or try to sign Iupati if the cap space is there, and move Benonoch to RT adding another lineman for depth during or after the draft. Draft a DE (Zach Allen?) and RB in the middle rounds. Hate to say it, but we can’t afford Hump, and we’ll need to draft or sign a FA WR for depth while promoting Bobo or Watson to slot receiver in Hump’s absence. Trade Brate to Seattle, AZ, or Detroit for additional draft picks, and draft a TE in the late rounds for depth. Don’t resign Fitzy, keep Ryan,  and sign another journeyman QB in FA or draft one in the 5th or 6th round (assuming we pick up a 6th rounder or another 5th rounder).

Special Teams – Sign Cairo again while trying out other kickers. Cut Angers and tryout some FA punters.

For any remaining depth holes, pick up some JAGs or promote from the practice squad.

+1
    Rating: -3. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  EricNV.

Ja’crispy
    Participant

TRADES

Bucs trade Desean Jackson to the Oakland Raiders for their 3rd round pick. #66 overall.

CUTS

Beau Allen, Demar Dotson, Will Gholston, Mitch Unrein, Bryan Anger, and Evan Smith. After the trade of Desean Jackson and the roster cuts bucs will have approximately $51.3 mil in cap space.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT RE-SIGNINGS

Donovan Smith -4yr contract ($44 mil) 11 per year.

Adarius Taylor LB- $1.5 mil

Kevin Minter LB-$1 mil

Cairo Santos- $2 mil (3 year $6mil contract)

RESTRICTED FREE AGENT RE-SIGNINGS

Peyton Barber-$3 mil

Andrew Adams-$1.5 mil

DeVonte Harris- $1 mil

After re-signing our own players the Bucs have approximately $30.3 mil for free agents

FREE AGENT SIGNINGS

Tyrann Mathieu 3 yr $21 mil

Mark Ingram 3 yr $12 mil

Morris Claiborne 3yr $13 mil

Ramon Foster 1yr $3 mil

Brett Hundley 3 yr $3 mil

DRAFT

Bucs trade 5th overall pick to Jacksonville for their 7th overall and their second round pick. Round 2 pick 38.

1(7 JAX)-Devin White, LB, LSU

2(38)-Jaylon Ferguson, DE, LA Tech

2(39)- Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State

3(66 OAK)-Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St

3(70)- Max Scharping, OG, NIU

4(107)- Khalen Saunders, DT, Western Illinois

5(145)- Hunter Renfrow, WR, Clemson

7(215)- Gardner Minshew. QB, Washington State

ROSTER

QB-3

Jamies Winston

Brett Hundley

Gardner Minshew

RB-5

Peyton Barber

Mark Ingram

Ronald Jones

Andre Ellington

Shaun Wilson

WR-5

Mike Evans

Chris Godwin

BoBo Wilson

Justin Watson

Hunter Renfrow

TE-4

OJ Howard

Cam Brate

Antony Auclair

Tanner Hudson

OLINE-9

Donovan Smith

Ali Marpet

Ryan Jensen

Ramon Foster

Tytus Howard

Alex Cappa

Caleb Benenoch

Leonard Webster

Max Scharping

DLINE-5

Gerald Mccoy

Vita Vea

Jaylon Ferguson

Khalen Saunders

Stevie T

OLB-4

Carl Nassib

Jason Pierre-Paul

Kendall Beckwith

Noah Spence

ILB-4

Lavonte David

Devin White

Adarius Taylor

Kevin Minter

CB-6

Morris Claiborne

Carlton Davis

Vernon Hargreaves

Ryan Smith

Amani Oruwariye

DeVonte Harris

Safety-5

Tyrann Mathieu

Justin Evans

Andrew Adams

Jordan Whitehead

MJ Stewart

SPECIAL TEAMS-3

K-Cairo Santos

P-UDFA

LS- Drew Ferris

+25
    Rating: +20. From 30 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Ja'crispy.

Dubcity6
    Participant

Ok. Here goes.

I’m not going through the salary aspect of the plan because I don’t have the tools at my disposal. I will be doing mine from Memory and my knowledge of football and of the Bucs.

Let me begin by saying what a fan I am of Mark Cook’s plan because he says OL is an issue, then prioritizes fixing it and does what he can to help the defense through free agency. Also, I want to give a personal thank you to Trevor for being so great to us fans in terms of being open to conversation on social media and always being respectful and relatable.

As for my plan.

Cuts and FA:

I don’t believe in Kwon Alexander like others might. I personally have always thought that he misses way to many tackles and isn’t that great in coverage. For the money, going young, or going with someone better would be my preferred choice. That’s why to replace him, the Bucs should go get CJ Moseley. Make him the highest paid MLB in the league. The guy is worth it. Also, CJ is a proven MLB in a 3-4. It just makes all the sense in the world to me. Kwon is not only not as good, but much smaller and doesn’t have the experience in the scheme. This would be the biggest move in my plan. Definitely the biggest move as far as cuts and FA.

Keep McCoy and Dotson. Both I’d be looking to replace in the draft, but depth is important. One more year for them to teach the young guys. Also, they can help rookies make a smooth transition which would go a long way into helping the team.

Franchise D. Smith. He’s not terrible. He’s not amazing. But coaching may put a fire in his rear end. Really, only tenacity is keeping him from being great. He’s gotta stop the loafing though. That just hurts to watch as a fan.

Sorry Hump fans. He can walk. WR core needs a speed guy. A guy that can take a jet sweep the distance. I love Hump too honestly, but just as a Bucs fan, not from a football scheming perspective. Defensively, I’m not losing any sleep trying to figure out how to stop Hump.

Brate. I love Brate too, but I’d use him to try to trade for a 4th round pick. There are quite a few teams that need a good TE, so I’d even try and get a 3rd. But lets say I trade him for a 4th round pick in this scenario. That’s an extra pick for the draft.

Besides that, keep Minter, keep PBarber.

Cut Desean Jackson, cut Conte, cut Webster, cut Grimmes (lol), cut Fitzpatrick. Cut Allen. Cut Gholston. Cut Evan Smith. Cut Mitch Unrein. And a few other cuts and/or releases that aren’t as big a deal.

Keep the Kicker. Keep the Punter. Yea yea I said it.

Bucs should be looking to add another S, another CB, another G, another DT and ofcourse another RB. Those are the most important positions of need in FA after signing CJ Moseley. Trying to get the best at each position while not breaking the bank for these positions should be the strategy.

With that being said in my plan bucs sign:

CB Kareem Jackson

S Adrian Amos

DT Malcolm Brown

OLB Shaquil Barrett

All of whom should be starters except Brown who would be a depth signing.

Draft time

1st Round

OT Jonah Williams or OT Juwaan Taylor. This would be the replacement for Dotson. Dotson would become a legitimate backup that could backup both sides. Also, a trade back here for either is absolutely doable. But in this plan, I’m just turning in my pick for Jonah Williams.

2nd round pick

OG. Best available OG. This would be the best spot to upgrade the RG position. At this point. The right side of the OL will be 2 young guys yes, but they’ll be high investments and can grow together and hopefully build a bond.

Lets me stop for a sec… this is a tremendously important decision. Improving the OL not only helps Jameis have more time. It opens the run game and helps the RBs. It helps the coaching open the playbook. It helps the defense by keeping them off the field. And it helps us fans by winning games. Ok I got that out of the way.

3rd round pick

RB. Best available RB. The offense of the team is the strength. But they can’t score in the redzone, they can’t run on short yardage plays, they can’t pound the clock. Peyton Barber is good not great. RB right here may put the team over the top on offense. Yardage is nice. Points are better.

4th round pick

Defense. Best available.

4th round pick (via Brate trade)

WR. Speed guy. Speed guy. Speed guy. Weapon guy. End arounds. Jet sweep. Reverse plays. Keep the defense guessing guy.

5th-7th round pick

Defensive depth.

Now for my way too early starting line up. No way I do the entire roster lol.

QB Jameis

RB Barber and Rookie

TE OJ and Auclair

WR Evans Goodwin and Watson

LT Smith

LG Marpet

C Jensen

RG Rookie

RT Rookie Jonah Williams

OLB Shaquil Barrett, Noah Spence

DE Gerald McCoy

DT Vita Vea

DE JPP (this would be best spot for him)

OLB Carl Nassib

ILB CJ Mosely (yes please)

ILB L David

CB Davis

CB Kareem Jackson

Slot VH3

SS Adrian Amos, J Whitehead

FS Evans

As far as evaluation of this roster I put together. Clearly the defense still has obvious holes. But the offense on paper would be stacked. Jameis would be given his best chance to succeed. Excuses over. The run heavy coach of Bruce Arians would be happy. And what do you stop? It would be the best offense by far the Bucs have ever had, just on paper alone.

As far as the holes on defense. Noah Spence would need to prove himself. In coverage especially. But mainly to prove he can play with the big boys. Nassib is solid. Nothing special. The inside would be the strength. JPP and Gerald are capable of creating chaos from the inside DE position. And Vita would love the opportunity to clog the run. And move bodies. CJ Moseley should thrive behind Vita. And so should David. Lastly, in this pass happy league, no CB or S ever looks good, but the Bucs would still be evaluating those positions for the long term.

Thank you guys.

+4
    Rating: -7. From 15 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Dubcity6.

SammyRebel
    Participant

With $16 million in cap space, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will need to make some cuts to free up some space for younger players.

Cuts: Gerald McCoy DT (or trade) $13 mil

DeSean Jackson WR (or trade) $10 mil

Beau Allen DT $5 mil

Demar Dotson RT $4,803,125

Will Gholston DT $3,750,000

Mitch Unrein DT $3,750,000

Bryan Anger P $3 mil

Evan Smith OG $2 mil

With these cuts we’ll have $61,303,125 in cap space to work with

Players retained:

Kwon Alexander MLB 5 year $40 mil

Donavon Smith LT franchise tag $14 mil

Peyton Barber RB 1 year $2 mil second round tender

With $37,303,125 to play with in free agency

Signings:

Tevin Coleman RB 4 yr $20 mil

Landon Collins SS 5 yr $45 mil

Morris Claiborne CB 2 yr $8 mil

Jason Verrett CB 1 yr $3 mil

Mike Iupati OG 2 yr $6 mil

Matt Bryant P 3 yr $6 mil

John Brown WR 2 yr $8 mil

With $10,303,125 left for the draft class

NFL Draft

Rd 1: DT Christian Wilkins

Rd 2: RT Yodny Cajuste

Rd 3: OG Beau Benzschawel

Rd 4: RB David Montgomery

Rd 5: LB Drue Tranquill

Rd 7: QB: Jake Browning

I’m sure the Bucs will make some trades in the draft and probably won’t do this battle plan but this is what I feel we need to get to the next level, attack the trenches and let them make time for the skill players around them to make plays.

+3
    Rating: -7. From 13 votes.
    Please wait...

BigSombrero
    Participant

Current State of the Buccaneers

Currently the Bucs are at about $16 million in cap space according to overthecap.com after releasing Vinny Curry.

Tampa’s offense finished 1st in passing(320.3 yds/game), 3rd in total yards (415.5/game), but 12th in points scored (24.8/game) and 29th in rushing(95.2yds/game). The passing attack was potent when it had to be and there’s talent is everywhere except right guard. With renewed focus on running the ball from run game coordinator Harold Godwin and an upgrade to the right side of the offensive line, the Bucs will be more balanced.

On defense, the Bucs allowed a league worst 110.9 QB passer rating to opposing QB’s last year. Tampa finished 31st in points allowed (29.0/game), 27th in total yards allowed (383.4/game), 26th in passing yards allowed (259.4/game), and 24th in rushing yards allowed (123.9/game). The Bucs finished 31st in turnover ratio (-18) and tied for 26th(9) in interceptions.

The priority this offseason is on balancing the offense and rebuilding the defensive front seven. Bruce Arians deserves to keep the pieces he needs to employ his system to win now.

The new scheme under Todd Bowles calls for 3-4 one gap penetrating style with pressure from the front seven. After reviewing his depth chart from the 2018 NY Jets, he has a front seven that consists of: LDE, NT, RDE, ROLB, RILB, LILB, LOLB.

The success of the scheme is predicated on pressure and disruption up front. It all starts up front with blitzes and pressures coming from anyone in the front seven, but especially in the QB’s face up the middle. Pressure up front creates opportunities for turnovers on the back end and Tampa’s young secondary grows up in a big way in 2019. Carl Nassib went out in coverage with RB’s a few times last year with success. His height and awareness make him a great candidate to tip passes near the line of scrimmage, especially as a stand up LOLB. While most speculate JPP in a stand up role at ROLB, he excels with his hand in the dirt and will line up as a RDE or 5 Tech.

Trades

The Bucs are widely expected to shop veterans Gerald McCoy and Desean Jackson. They buck the conventional wisdom and keep the best “smoke” player in the NFL last year(#1 YPC) for Arians scheme with D.Jax returning at a bargain rate of $10 million. They do trade GMC and his $13 million salary to Buffalo for a 6th round pick(#181). This puts the Bucs cap space at $29 million.

Cuts

To make room for the players being targeted in free agency, the Bucs release  Unrein($3.75m), Anger($3m), E. Smith($2m), Pat O’Conner($600k), Tanner Hudson($600k), Sergio Bailey($495k). This gives the Bucs $39.45m in cap space.

The team may move on from Kendall Beckwith after suffering a non football injury. His salary of $844k will go back to the cap if released. This would increase the cap to $40.29 million if released.

Unrestricted Free Agents

Adam Humphries, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jacquizz Rodgers, Kwon Alexander, Devante Bond, Garrison Sanborn, Michael Liedtke are not retained.

LT Donovan Smith – $11.5 mil ($46 mil/4yrs. 2 yrs guaranteed)

Ryan Griffin $1.25 mil ($2.5 mil/2yrs)

Adarius Taylor – $1.5 mil

Kevin Minter – $1 mil

Cairo Santos – $1 mil

Restricted Free Agents

Exclusive Rights Free Agent I. Johnson not retained.

RB Peyton Barber – $3m/1yr

CB Javien Elliott – $1 mil/1yr

Free Agents

CJ Mosley 9.5 mil ($38 mil/4yrs. 2 yrs guaranteed) – The leader of the 3-4 defense. He brings experience in this attacking system from perennial powerhouse Baltimore.

Mario Edwards – $1 mil

Draft

Rookie pool expected to be approx. $9 million according to ESPN.

#1 AZ Kyler Murray. Trades Josh Rosen to New England for their 3rd round compensatory picks.

#2 NYG(trade SF) Dwayne Haskins. Outbids Jacksonville to move up and draft NJ native and eventual Eli Manning replacement.

#3 OAK(trade NYJ) Nick Bosa. Moves up one  spot to secure Khalil Mack’s replacement.

#4 NYJ Quinnen Williams. Clean player, highly productive, perfect need and BPA.

#5 BUCS DE Josh Allen-Kentucky. Trading down is always an option, but this DE could be best in class and if he’s there, you take him.

Rd 2 #39 – OG Chris Lindstrom-Boston College

Rd 3#70 – CB Amani Oruwariye-Penn State

Rd 4 #107 – OLB/ILB Te’Von Coney-Notre Dame

Rd 5 #145 – RB Daryl Henderson – Memphis

Rd 6 #181 (from Buffalo) – C/LS Alex Eberle – Florida State

Rd 7 #215 – P AJ Cole – NC State

53 Man Roster

QB(2)

Jameis Winston, Ryan Griffin

RB(5)

Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones II, Daryl Henderson, Andre Ellington, Shaun Wilson

Wide Receivers(5)

Mike Evans, Desean Jackson, Chris Godwin, Justin Watson, Bobo Wilson

Tight Ends (4)

Cam Brate, OJ Howard, Austin Auclair, Donnie Ernsberger

Offensive Lineman(9)

LT Donovan Smith, LG Ali Marpet, C Ryan Jensen, RG Chris Lindstrom, RT Demar Dotson, RT Caleb Benenoch, RG Alex Cappa, OL Cole Boozer, OG Ruben Holcolmbe

Defense

LDE(3)-William Gholston, Beau Allen, Demone Harris(LDE/RDE depth)

NT(2)-Vita Vea, Stevie To’ikolovatu

RDE(2)-JPP, Mario Edwards

LOLB(2)- Carl Nassib, Te’Von Coney

LILB(2) – CJ Mosley, Adarius Taylor

RILB (2) – Lavonte David, Kevin Minter

ROLB(3)- Josh Allen, Noah Spence

CB(5) – Carlton Davis II, Amani Oruwariye, Vernon Hargreaves III, Ryan Smith, Jadavion Elliott

SS/FS(4) – Whitehead, Justin Evans, A. Adams, MJ Stewart

K – Cairo Santos

P – AJ Cole

LS – Alex Eberle

+10
    Rating: +3. From 17 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  BigSombrero.

BigSombrero
    Participant

@ja crispy : You didn’t include the rookie pool which was over 9 million before you added a 2nd and a 3rd. You’re over the cap.

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  BigSombrero.

Ja’crispy
    Participant

@bigsombrero

So i adjusted Donovan Smith’s and Morris Claiborne’s contracts to free up $5 million. Bringing the cap to about $11 million. Enough to sign the draft class. Boom easy fix. In Licht we trust!

+2
    Rating: +1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

pomer1eau
    Participant

CUTS:  DJax, Beau Allen, Dotson, Gholston, Unrein, Anger, and Evan Smith.  Saving about 33m in cap space for total of 49m to spend

RESTRUCTURES:  Lavonte, Brate, and GMC saving another 8m in cap space for a total of 57m to spend.

RESIGNINGS:  Kwon 4 years 24m, Barber 1 year 2m, Adams, Taylor, and Minter sign 1 year 1m dollar deals, Donovan Smith 4 years 44m.  I say the Bucs lock him down now.  I think Smith will improve greatly under the new staff and even if he doesn’t become the rock solid LT he can move to the right side if the Bucs find their rock at LT.  Decent linemen are hard to find so it makes sense to lock him into a long term deal.  Adam Humphries 4 years 24m.  Slot receivers are on the field more than ever these days.  To me Hump is essential to keeping.  He is skilled, smart, tough, versatile, and most of all he is clutch.  With Evans and Godwin on the outside and Hump and O.J. inside is ideal and they all compliment each other perfectly.  Good luck opposing defenses.  After those signings the Bucs are left with about 29m to spend in free agency.

FREE AGENT SIGNINGS:  Tyrann Mathieu 3 years 18m,  Matt Bryant 2 years 4m, and TJ Yeldon 1 year 3.5m

DRAFT:  Bucs trade the 5th pick with Denver for their 10th, 41st, 148th picks and next years 2nd.  Broncos are desperate to jump in front of the Giants to select their franchise QB and might even give up more for the fifth overall pick.

Round 1 pick 10:  Montez Sweat.  This team needs edge rushers.  JPP is great but he’s getting old.  Nissib showed us he’s starter material but after that there’s what?  Spence?  If JPP goes down the defense is screwed.

Round 2 pick 39 G Chris Lindstrom.  No explanation needed.

Round 2 pick 41 CB Trayvon Mullin.  Team obv needs help at corner.  Mullin has good size, he’s quick, experienced in multiple coverages, presses well, and won MVP in the title game.

Round 3 pick 70 T Yodny Cajuste.  Need a tackle after cutting Dot.

Round 4 pick 107 WR Hunter Renfrow.  Not sure what Watson and Bobo have to offer so the Bucs add more WR depth.

Round 5 pick 145 DT Daniel Wise.  Kid was a beast at Kansas and is force in the interior.

Round 5 pick 148 DE/OLB Wyatt Ray.  High motor and got better every year.

Round 7 TRADE ALERT.  Bucs trade pick for QB Drew Stanton to back up Winston.

53 MAN ROSTER

2 QB: Winston, Stanton.

5 RB: Barber, Rojo, Ellington, Yeldon, Oganbowale.

6 WR: Evans, Godwin, Hump, Renfrow, Watson, Wilson.

4 TE: OJ, Brate, Auclair, Hudson.

8 OL: Smith, Marpet, Jensen, Lindstrom, Cajuste, Cappa, Benenoch, and Webster.

4 DT: GMC, Vita, Wise, and Stevie T.

4 DE/OLB: JPP, Nissib, Spence, Sweat, and Ray.

5 ILB/Off ball backers: David, Kwon, Beckwith, Minter, and Taylor.

5 CB: Davis, Mullin, Smith, Vernon, and Elliot.

5 S: Tyrann, Evans, Adams, Stewart, and Whitehead.

1 K: Bryant.

1 P: No clue lol.

1 LS: Ferris

Im at 51 players.  Good enough for now.

+4
    Rating: -3. From 11 votes.
    Please wait...

Jon Miles
    Participant

Ok, so I spent about 6 hours total working on this Battle Plan & hope that you guys like it. It’s 3 pages long little over 1500 words so with permission from Mark Cook I’ve linked the article I posted this on our website on Siege The Bay. So Click the link & Enjoy! GO Bucs! #Bucs  My version of the battle plan here

+3
    Rating: 0. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Jon Miles.

Deadpool
    Participant

(Copied from the thread I started a week ago)

I participated in a mock off-season (including draft, free agency, and post-draft) over on the For The Sports forum where I was lucky enough to manage our Bucs. Thought I’d share the results here. All teams were bound by cap numbers on Spotrac when cutting/adding players. I also guessed we’d be transitioning to a 3-4.

Pre-Draft Cuts:

– Desean Jackson (No trade partners)

– Vinny Curry

– Beau Allen

– Mitch Unrein

– Bryan Anger

– Ryan Smith

– Evan Smith

Restructures

– Gerald McCoy

– Lavonte David

– William Gholston

Tenders

– ERFA Tender for Isaiah Johnson and Michael Liedtke

– Transition Tag for Donovan Smith (nobody made an offer so he was retained for less than the franchise tag)

Free Agency

– Sheldon Richardson: 4yrs $26 million

– Deone Bucannon: 2yrs $10 million

– Adam Humphries: 4yrs $32 million

– Eric Berry: 3yrs $18 million

– Markus Golden: 1yr $2 million

– Spencer Ware: 1yr $2 million

– Jason Myers: 1yr $3 million

– Ryan Hewitt: 1yr Vet Min

– Kwon went to the Raiders for 9 million a year

Draft Trades

– TB #5 for DEN #10/72/114/150 (Allen, Williams, Bosa all unavailable at #5).

– TB #147 for OAK #151/222/239

Draft

– 1.10 CB Greedy Williams, LSU I was hoping either Ferrell, Oliver, or J Williams would fall but they didn’t so I opted for Williams who I considered BPA.

– 2.39 OG Chris Lindstrom, We have a huge hole at RG and Lindstrom should be able to step in from Day 1.

– 3.70 RB Damien Harris, I wasn’t comfortable with RoJo being the only back in town so picked up someone to compete with him (signed Spencer Ware post draft on the cheap as depth).

– 3.72 OT David Edwards, Probably not a Day 1 starter at either LT or RT, but a bit of an insurance policy for the oft injured Dotson and the inconsistent/overpriced Smith.

– 4.108 EDGE Carl Granderson, Intriguing pass rusher with good length who might have some potential as an outside linebacker in a 3-4

– 4.114 QB Tyree Jackson, purely a potential pick and back-up to Winston. I don’t think he’ll pan out as a professional, but his tools make him worth a gamble for sure at this point in the draft. Dallas’ GM was super keen to grab him so had to snag him here.

– 5.150 EDGE Sutton Smith, highly productive but undersized rusher in the NCAA. May have some potential as a developmental pass rusher. Reminds me of Elvis Dumervil.

– 5.151 DT Daylon Mack, stout at the point nose tackle for depth.

– 7.219 CB Jordan Wyatt, worth a flyer in the 7th.

– 7.222 EDGE Ronheen Bingham, productive at the college level but longshot to make the roster. An extra body should we move to a 3-4.

– 7.239 OT Joe Lowery, Depth behind Smith/Dotson/Edwards or practice squad developmental type.

– UDFA P Jack Fox (I cut Anger so we need someone to compete in camp)

– UDFA DT Albert Huggins (Behind 2 first rounders at Clemson, potential)

– UDFA ST Valentine Holmes (Australian rugby player training as part of the international player program)

Projected Depth Chart

– QB Jameis Winston | Tyree Jackson

– RB Spencer Ware | Damien Harris | Ronald Jones

– FB/TE Ryan Hewitt

– WR Mike Evans | Justin Watson

– WR Chris Godwin | Bobo Wilson

– WR Adam Humphries

– TE OJ Howard | Cameron Brate | Antony Auclair

– LT Donovan Smith | Joe Lowery

– LG Ali Marpet | Cole Boozer

– C Ryan Jensen

– RG Chris Lindstrom | Alex Cappa

– RT Demar Dotson | David Edwards | Caleb Benenoch

– DL Sheldon Richardson | William Gholston

– DL Vita Vea | Daylon Mack

– DL Gerald McCoy | Carl Nassib

– DE/OLB Jason Pierre-Paul | Noah Spence | Sutton Smith

– ILB Deone Bucannon | Jack Cichy

– ILB Lavonte David | Kendell Beckwith

– OLB Markus Golden | Carl Granderson | Ronheen Bingham

– CB Carlton Davis | MJ Stewart

– CB Greedy Williams | Jordan Wyatt

– CB Vernon Hargreaves

– S Justin Evans | Isaiah Johnson

– S Eric Berry | Jordan Whitehead

– PK Jason Myers

– PN Jack Fox

– LS Zach Triner

How would you feel if this was our actual off-season? One thing I learned is that trying to organise free agency and the draft is pretty damn tough, but I had a lot of fun and it’s interesting to see the type of roster you can put together, albeit unrealistically in some cases.

If PR would like me to write this up for publication in the same style as the others I’d be happy to. I have a BA in Communications/Journalism from the U of Technology Sydney (Australia) and numerous bylines throughout the years.

+1
    Rating: -8. From 10 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Deadpool.

Mark
    Participant

Trade or cut
    D Jax10
    Trade or keep/restructure
    G-Mac13, Brate7
    Cut
    Beau5, Unrein3.75, Gholston3.75, Curry8(already)
    Don’t resign
    Hump (unless under 8m), Kwon (unless under 8m), anger(unless restructured cheap)
    Franchise
    Smith14
    Free agent adds
    Cb starter, s starter, og starter, wr3-4, dL depth, p, kk(maybe santos not too bad)
    Draft
    5-if top 3 gone, trade back pick up extra 2nd or more. I’d like to see starting caliber OT, OG and BPA def in first 3 picks any order if we do trade down. If not, we go big 3 def first and OG BPA second.

+1
    Rating: -4. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.