Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• vicious00cycle

Participant

Grounded in reality, what would it take from Winston next week to make you feel more comfortable with the pick? Even his most die-hard fans are retreating or making excuses, don’t try to argue the point… And Mariota-maniacs are calling for the heads of everyone associated with the pick… A bit irrational in my opinion. To those of us that were on the fence to begin with, what do we want from HIM SPECIFICALLY in week two? I want 55%+ completion percentage, 2 TD’s, no more than 1 pick/turnover. If we lose, I don’t want it to have anything to do with him hurting the Bucs. If we lose, I hope it’s in spite of him, not because…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not getting my hopes up. So I’ll say cleaner mechanics like better footwork, decision making, evidence of accuracy, and do things faster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Better footwork first and foremost, that is something that can easily be improved upon.  Once he feels more comfortable in the pocket then his decision making should follow. I would love to see 55% completion and no more than 1 pick.  And 0 Picks in the Red Zone.  I would like to see a good percentage on 3rd down to extend drives.  Not putting a number on yards, they will fall in line if all of the above is accomplished.     

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Points on the board. 28 of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As I have been saying since the pre season:1. Better footwork and throwing mechanics2. Improved accuracyMost rookie QB's finish the season with a completion percentage around 50-60%.  Jameis will in due time climb to that as he is far more accurate than Freeman was despite his bad mechanics. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

63%+ completion percentage2:1 td/into ratio10 or so first downs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d like to see improved footwork. I’d also like to see him not force things if the rush is on top of him. Take the sack, throw it away, etc.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

60% comp pct2:1 TD/INT ratioand a WIN!I know everyone is worried about the Saints' 3-4 defense. Truth is, they suck. I think Jameis will have a nice bounce back game.Dat Defense Tho...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no ints.  *edit*  Let’s say turnovers and include fumbles as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Don’t look scared and shaken2. Make quicker decisions3. Win the game

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

60% comp pct2:1 TD/INT ratioand a WIN!I know everyone is worried about the Saints' 3-4 defense. Truth is, they suck. I think Jameis will have a nice bounce back game.Dat Defense Tho...

So you're saying no excuses or nah?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d just like for him to make better decisions, for example take the sack or throw it out of bounds instead of a pick six.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Improvement in all phases.  The bar was so low after game 1, he can only go up.  It will be interesting to see if the Bucs game plan for a run heavy offense regardless of score to keep the pressure off him or if they can correct something and turn him loose? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t have more INT than TDs and generally don’t look like he’s playing with his hair on fire. The last game just seemed like chaos offensively.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Speed things up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not getting my hopes up. So I'll say cleaner mechanics like better footwork, decision making, evidence of accuracy, and do things faster.

This

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would like to see be able to move around on the field without tripping all over the damn place.I would like to see ZERO pick six passes.I would like to see him process the situation and not hold on the ball so long.Hell, I don't want a lot from him this week...I just want to see ANY improvement in his game...PLEASE?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would like to see a QB who looks like he should be starting an NFL game. So far, Winston has only looked decent in one preseason game against a disinterested Bengals team. I want to also see him move without looking like his feet are stuck in concrete. I swear, something has changed with Winston over the last year. He used to move around fine (2013) but the latter half of 14 to now the guy looks like a 50 year old out of shape alcoholic.Looking back at the pictures of Jameis pre-combine his physique made me think his diet consists of Jelly filled donuts, beer and pizza, which may be the culprit. The guy needs to start training for speed and agility ASAP but it is going to take some time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First and foremost, no interceptions in Buccaneer territory.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do everything faster.Show you have a command of the huddle and an understanding of the offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would like to see a QB who looks like he should be starting an NFL game. So far, Winston has only looked decent in one preseason game against a disinterested Bengals team. I want to also see him move without looking like his feet are stuck in concrete. I swear, something has changed with Winston over the last year. He used to move around fine (2013) but the latter half of 14 to now the guy looks like a 50 year old out of shape alcoholic.Looking back at the pictures of Jameis pre-combine his physique made me think his diet consists of Jelly filled donuts, beer and pizza, which may be the culprit. The guy needs to start training for speed and agility ASAP but it is going to take some time.

Let's hope 2013 wasn't his peak.  I just want him to look comfortable in the pocket.  He was not ready to play Sunday at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Make new mistakes… Not repeat the same ones.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Better footwork. Faster/shorter release. More command in the pocket. I'm not greedy, pick one.. if he shows improvement in any of them I'll call it a good day to grow on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Crush his enemies, see dem driven before him, and see to the lamentation of der veemon!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ah, Its getting old Bench. Almost as old as the suckage we produce on Sundays. You’re stance has been well-documented.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ah, Its getting old Bench. Almost as old as the suckage we produce on Sundays. You're stance has been well-documented.

did the FSU fan "give up?" Hmm?Did lord winston give up after 21 points in the first quarter? Hmm?Did lovie, the lords apostle, give up on the almighty when everything wasnt going his way???Seriously though, as old as it is, those fsu biotches owe me an apology first. I was called racist just for stating my preference.Every game they lose, and THIS is what they're going to get from me. They wouldnt even have a simple conversation about it, and it sounded like this.Its not enough to watch their fsu boy get violated by a wimpy defense, or that the bucs wasted another pick, oh no. They deserve their own brand of shit they gave everyone else.What i have been doing is no different from them predraft. Freaking psycho babble.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Efficient, good footwork, and good decisions. Would love to see more quick throws and 3 step drops. Too many long developing plays and not enough of running the football. I wouldn't mind him becoming a game manager for a little bit until he gets comfortable. 18-20 throws a game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What do I want?I want him to get through the game Uninjured. Lovie and Winston is a bad fit. Lovie is too stupid to realize you needed line help for a lumberer, a slow twitch guy like Byron Winston. He should have drafted a mobile QB that could create something out of nothing when the offensive line fails at their job repeatedly and consistently, as they offer up excuses for why they are a bunch of female dogs. Man the O-line sucks and the Winston looks God awful behind it. I have a bad feeling about Winston. I was hoping for Freshman Jameis. It does appear we will be getting the Sophomore Jameis. A slow footed, hole digging, turnover machine. He just looks bad, and has not shown any improvement. He is regressing into awful habits. He never learned.  The combine was a sham. He did all that for his benefit, and it worked. But now, he is thumbing his nose at coaching, or he simply panics and forgets how to play when he is supposed to be "doin it big". God, just shut up and play ball like a mid range QB for xheissakes! Sick of the talk...another reason why I liked Mariota. He just goes out and dominates.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Use of checkdowns, deliberate footwork, stepping into throws and dial back the confidence to make any throw by a notch or two.  Oh and not starting slow which is something he seems to do. I’d like to see the game plan call for some no-huddle early on, he seemed to be comfortable doing that in the preseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I must be the only one in the world who thinks his footwork was looking good in the past game. He had a few hiccups but by and large he had the drop, and set down. His weight was positioned right, and he was stepping into his throws. He hung in  the pocket and delivered a few times knowing he was going to take a hit. He looked like a rookie, but after watching him deliberately, I am happy with his fundamentals. He needs to stop the turnovers. He needs to do a better job reading the defense. He needs his receivers to get open.He needs help from the OC with some quick passes....like the 35 yard TD to ASJ where he got the ball out in 1.5 seconds. He can run the quick strike offense given the chance.We need more play action and more quick slants. Take advantage of the mismatches with ASJ and Evans if he plays. He needs the OL, particularly the RT to step up...not backwards into him. Funny stuff. According to the Red Board, the RT getting put on ice skates and running into the QB is now the QBs fault. Laugh out f'in loud!! But what he needs more than anything is resiliency. Just like those Winston fans here on the Red Board need resiliency right now. We have to endure all of this foolish talk that is going on because of one football game. But, I say bring it on. Jameis is a winner and I believe in him. Keep talking all that smack. I hope the Bucs put it on the bulletin board. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gold, man, idk WHAT you are seeing.Its like we are looking at the same blue pen, and you are telling me its freaking red.Look, ill tell you what he did good:Adjustments. He made sure the lineups were correct, and made some good adjustment calls.He has a strong arm. He "Flicks" it from the wrist very well, almost effortless.What i didnt like:Footwork. He drops back (nothing wrong with the way he drops back btw), and hes setting up. Right after the initial set up, or during, he slouches his back, lines his shoulders towards the los, and bends his knees. All unneeded motions, and something very curious to me.Step back, stand up tall, check your targets, fire. Although mariota was in a system that benefits quickness, he was doing those things all day. It makes a subtle difference in play.Unneeded movement. I saw a lot of extra effort that wasted his energy, and the time throw the ball is slowed. Maybe it was first game jitters, but hasn't this guy seen it all before?Maybe he's just smart enough in his own mind to KnOW that line might possibly get him killed, presnap? Idk what it is, but he is slow in his movements in general. You would think he would play hot potato with a line like that.Everything else could be swept under the rug as rookie mistakes.I'm still undecided about winston, but i do know mariota was the better qb. Quicker, more composed, fluid movements, doesn't hesitate.I suppose that could change, but as many here will tell you, that line isnt good, and everyone other than koetter on the staff sucks. Sad part is, they're most likely right.

Please wait…

• wesleyc

I’d like to see improvement. I don’t expect him to win us the game, hell I expect he’ll be somewhat of a liability the same way any below average quarterback is, but as long as he continues to improve I’m fine with that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gold, man, idk WHAT you are seeing.Its like we are looking at the same blue pen, and you are telling me its freaking red.Look, ill tell you what he did good:Adjustments. He made sure the lineups were correct, and made some good adjustment calls.He has a strong arm. He "Flicks" it from the wrist very well, almost effortless.What i didnt like:Footwork. He drops back (nothing wrong with the way he drops back btw), and hes setting up. Right after the initial set up, or during, he slouches his back, lines his shoulders towards the los, and bends his knees. All unneeded motions, and something very curious to me.Step back, stand up tall, check your targets, fire. Although mariota was in a system that benefits quickness, he was doing those things all day. It makes a subtle difference in play.Unneeded movement. I saw a lot of extra effort that wasted his energy, and the time throw the ball is slowed. Maybe it was first game jitters, but hasn't this guy seen it all before?Maybe he's just smart enough in his own mind to KnOW that line might possibly get him killed, presnap? Idk what it is, but he is slow in his movements in general. You would think he would play hot potato with a line like that.Everything else could be swept under the rug as rookie mistakes.I'm still undecided about winston, but i do know mariota was the better qb. Quicker, more composed, fluid movements, doesn't hesitate.I suppose that could change, but as many here will tell you, that line isnt good, and everyone other than koetter on the staff sucks. Sad part is, they're most likely right.

Bench, its time to let it go. Jameis is our QB for better or worse. If he isn't the guy, they'll rinse, lather and repeat in a few years. But let Mariota go. We won't see him again for four years. He plays for a team in a division we rarely see or care about. I'm not saying get behind Jameis (although if you're a Buc fan you should root for his success, not his failure) but for god sake, let Mariota go. What's done is done and no amount of I told you so's is going to change it. All you're doing is being an annoying a-hole.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bench, its time to let it go. Jameis is our QB for better or worse. If he isn't the guy, they'll rinse, lather and repeat in a few years. But let Mariota go. We won't see him again for four years. He plays for a team in a division we rarely see or care about. I'm not saying get behind Jameis (although if you're a Buc fan you should root for his success, not his failure) but for god sake, let Mariota go. What's done is done and no amount of I told you so's is going to change it. All you're doing is being an annoying a-hole.

Your asking a lot to guys who wanted Mariota over Winston. Every time people said Mariota was the better player they were shamed. Anything pro Winston was celebrated. Mariota was constantly downplayed just because they wanted Winston was so bad. Winston is the pro ready guy. Mariota is shy, not a leader, and is going to be a project. I remember people saying that Mariota was going to take 2 seasons until he started an NFL game. Winston was the guy who was going to come in and make our offense so much better. Trust us when we say we hope Winston turns out to be anywhere close as good as some people were saying he will be. Not only because we passed on the guy we wanted but because Winston was supposed to be the savior based on the hype the FSU fans I mean Bucs fans were spouting pre draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I expect him to struggle early, and do well in the 2nd half.  After the Saints build a 3 TD lead in the 3rd Q, I expect them to do what Tennessee did and put their 2nd team in with 20 to 25 minutes to play, and Winston to put up good numbers.  Now, the deficit and struggles won’t really be Winston’s fault.  I expect normal rookie struggling, but poor defense because Lovie can’t coach.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i just want to see his INTs come from pushing the ball downfield, not checkdowns and screens.i want to see clean handoffs and center exchanges.and like most, i would like to not see him trip over his feet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Quicker, better decisions and be more accurate. Those to me are my top two things I look for in Quarterbacks, decision making and accuracy. If he continues to get better week in and out, I think he will turn out to be a good pro.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ah, Its getting old Bench. Almost as old as the suckage we produce on Sundays. You're stance has been well-documented.

did the FSU fan "give up?" Hmm?Did lord winston give up after 21 points in the first quarter? Hmm?Did lovie, the lords apostle, give up on the almighty when everything wasnt going his way???Seriously though, as old as it is, those fsu biotches owe me an apology first. I was called racist just for stating my preference.Every game they lose, and THIS is what they're going to get from me. They wouldnt even have a simple conversation about it, and it sounded like this.Its not enough to watch their fsu boy get violated by a wimpy defense, or that the bucs wasted another pick, oh no. They deserve their own brand of (censored) they gave everyone else.What i have been doing is no different from them predraft. Freaking psycho babble.

Hence why he shall be ever referred to as #ProReady.

Please wait…

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.