Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• rm71

Participant

Against the Saints, the defense lead the way, giving the offense short fields, mostly in the second half. But two first-half play-calls were decisions that harken back to a less certain time (i.e., the middle of the regular season), when it seemed slow starts and “no risk it, no biscuit” would doom this team.

1Q – 3d down & 3 on Bucs 32 – deep shot to Gronk (incomplete)

2Q – 3d down & 1 on Bucs 34 – deep shot to Gronk (incomplete, almost INT)

These failed–and entirely avoidable–playcalls killed 2 of 6 first-half drives. Even with Brees’ limitations, the Bucs failure to score and move the ball effectively from their side of the field had the Saints looking like the better team through the first half. The risk-reward calculation on these plays makes no sense, particularly in a playoff game, where every drive is critical. I don’t think Aaron Rodgers gives the Bucs any room for these kinds of errors.

• BucBit2

Participant

Called plays or decisions by Brady at the line?

hated those plays

• buc_boi

Participant

So I’ve been giving these long shots on 3rd and short a lot of thought, I really believe those shots opened up our rushing attack against the saints.

Would we have had as much success on the ground if we didn’t take those shots? I dunno.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

hated those plays

Called plays… by LeftBITCH

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

NO D>GB

GBs is playing well, but their run D is sus.

I have no doubt we can run for 200+ if we really wanted to.

Hopefully AB is able to play!

But even if he doesn’t good luck stopping all our weapons.

• harrybucman

Participant

hated those plays

Called plays… by LeftBITCH

Pure ignorance of the game of football. There are at least 4 different places a QB can choose to throw on every play, plus the QB has the option to change the called in play at the line of scrimmage if the defensive formation dictates it. Don’t blame that on Leftwich

• seekpar

Participant

It’s real nice when they hit one of those, like the one to Scooter in the 2nd half, but more often than not, they don’t hit it and it just kills a valuable possession. Ball control in this game is absolutely crucial! Get the fucking first down and keep moving the ball. And…pound the rock!

• Detrimental

Participant

Saints literally won week 1 because of short fields and turnovers. Brady delivered when we needed points before half and a nice long drive. Playing a lessor defensive team we should be okay.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Saints literally won week 1 because of short fields and turnovers. Brady delivered when we needed points before half and a nice long drive. Playing a lessor defensive team we should be okay.

Yea the Saints d is what worried me the most. I thought our d would be better than the first time we played them making it a closer game. Just wasn’t sure how our oline would play.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.