Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• bucshot420

Participant

I just have to say WTF with the refs this week. I know we probably get some calls our way because of Brady, but last night was on another level with calls against us. So many missed or just bad calls. I know holding happens every play but there were times last night that was blatant and no calls. The fumble that was reversed, the pylon call, and phantom defensive P.I calls. Even collinsworth and Michael’s were commenting on it. Is it my imagination or is it worse this year? For as much money as these officials make (six figures for a part time gig) why can’t we get some decent officiating league wide?

• BadabingBucs

Participant

even still, there was a call on one of the last drives which moved the ball to midfield for our Bucs.

Brady was off last night. If we lost, it would have been on the offense; not the refs.

I do agree the refs are bad…but in almost any game i watch

Football is a game of inches and its unfortunate when Refs decide some games. it does appear that the favorable calls tend to go to teams with elite QBs but last night they certainly weren’t favoring one team over the other….even though everyone in the stadium wanted Brady to win that game.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Agreed. The refs were being hometown heroes for them last night. Awful.

Fishy shit for sure. Brady needed another shower after hugging Kraft. The guy seems like a sneaky leprechaun…Arthur Blank and Kraft make me want to check my pockets.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Fishy shit for sure. Brady needed another shower after hugging Kraft. The guy seems like a sneaky leprechaun…Arthur Blank and Kraft make me want to check my pockets.

any billionaire for that matter

Major League Baseball Owners were the worst in 2020 when they wanted to discount players salaries for lost revenues for stadium seats, etc.

If you play 50% of the games, you should get paid 50% of your compensation. PERIOD.

In business, some times you have better years than others.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Same story against the rams, that Kupp touchdown was nothing but OPI.

Criminal

• Boid Fink

Participant

Absolutely. They didn’t get to be billionaires by not being greedy.

any billionaire for that matter

Major League Baseball Owners were the worst in 2020 when they wanted to discount players salaries for lost revenues for stadium seats, etc.

If you play 50% of the games, you should get paid 50% of your compensation. PERIOD.

In business, some times you have better years than others.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Yea they’ve been awful to start the year. Haven’t really seen it as much in other games. Feels like they are out to bone this team. Back to normal programming now that they won a sb?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Almost as bad as nba refs or even worse, pac12 refs

• seekpar

Participant

The NE fumble that was reversed early in the game was particularly egregious. Don’t tell me that wasn’t a fumble. And if it was borderline, stick with the call on the field. I nearly went insane when they reversed it.

And a couple of those DPI calls, especially the one on Henry, the ball wasn’t catchable. BS calls. Fucking refs suck ass.

• Boid Fink

Participant

False start that didn’t get called when shaq B was going crazy looking for the call. The offensive lineman even dipped his head in frustration because he moved, but no flag. A lot of bad calls. A lot.

• dalbuc

Participant

Feels like across the board the refs have had a bad year even by the admittedly low standards of NFL refereeing.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

The refs almost cost us the game. They shouldn’t of even been in position to attempt that last field goal.

And I’m in full agreement on that reversed fumble recovery. Receiver had possession and 3 steps, then fumbled.

• bucshot420

Participant

Agreed RHbucfan. For as much as these guys get paid there shouldn’t be that many issues. And the inconsistency from one crew to the next is crazy too. People have been saying for years that the nfl needs to go to a full time officiating positions. I could see this type of oversight and lack of attention from someone making 8 dollars an hour, as I said it shouldn’t be that bad someone making over 100k a year as a part time gig. For the most part they’ve been letting them play, but I don’t like it when refs alter the outcome of the game. Also the way the nfl handles it, basically never publicly questioning or publicly admitting fault( not talking about apology letters from the league) needs to change.

• Daba

Participant

Almost as bad as nba refs or even worse, pac12 refs

I’ll see your PAC12 ref and raise you ACC officiating. Holy shit it’s painful.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Daba.

• RudeGuy

Participant

The refs almost cost us the game. They shouldn’t of even been in position to attempt that last field goal.

And I’m in full agreement on that reversed fumble recovery. Receiver had possession and 3 steps, then fumbled.

I think we had a call just like that go against us last season in a game. Even after a review the refs got it wrong. I can’t remember the game.

• Greattimes

Participant

THE WORST CALL EVER!!! About 10 years ago or so there was a bowl game between Michigan and a Steve Spurrier coached South Caroline team. Late in the 4th QTR SC was ahead but MI was driving for a go ahead score. MI had a 4th down which they tried to covert. After the play the ball was marked and the refs called out the yardsticks. The ball was over a 1/2 yard short of the first down, but the ref signaled a first down. Steve was going berserk on the sidelines. Thankfully the refs were save for their horrendous call by DE Clowny who, on the next play broke through the O’line and blasted the RB who fumbled the ball. Clowny recovered the ball and SC won the ball game. Anyone else remember that play?

• m_j

Participant

pylon call is a (stupid) rule, apart from that refs were awful. not sure if they hurt us more than the patriots, but they were simply awful!

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Nobody and I mean nobody is worse than the PAC12 refs. Nobody. It isn’t even close. They are either paid for, or just the worst… maybe both.

Ducks lost to Stanford over the weekend because they called 2 targeting penalties on the final drive, another PI, and then PI on the final play 4th down. All terrible calls strung together.

Thibodaux got ejected for being pushed in the back into the qb and having his chin graze the qbs shoulder. THEY REVIEWED IT.

That’s the part that gets me is when they review calls and still fuck it up.

The NFL has become a joke in that arena too

• Swash

Participant

We need officiating reform almost as bad as we need police reform. It’s 2021, there are better ways to get things right! The calls this year have been atrocious.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.