Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• FLASH

Participant

No BUUUURRRRRRRRRRR this time with the Bucs getting the home playoff game. I wonder what the Philly fans are hanging their hopes on this time around. Maybe CCCCCCOVID!!! I bet all the COVID outbreaks in the NFL magically disappear in the playoffs.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Most Philadelphia fans will tell you the worst moment in their sports life(older 30+ like myself) is 02 us shutting down the vet on rondes pick 6!

Love it.

• FLASH

Participant

Most Philadelphia fans will tell you the worst moment in their sports life(older 30+ like myself) is 02 us shutting down the vet on rondes pick 6!

Love it.

That Pick6 went down as one of the greatest plays in Bucs history. Ronde owned McNabb.

• mdarby215

Participant

Then, we opened Lincoln Financial Field the following year with a win. We closed their old stadium and opened their new one with wins!!

• DaTruff

Participant

Here are some of the stats that the Eagles fans are hanging their hopes on;

The Eagles go into Tampa with the NFL’s best running game – 160 yards per game. But over the last 10 weeks of the season that number increased to 190 yards per game. Running backs got only nine carries in the first Eagles-Bucs game.

In the 1st Bucs-Eagles match up, the Bucs were No. 1 in the NFL in rush defense (55 yards per game, 3.4 yards per carry). In 12 weeks since, they’re No. 16 in yards allowed per game (113) and 28th in yards per carry (4.6)

Dallas Goedert missed the first Tampa game. At that point in the season he was sharing reps with Ertz and averaged only 43 yards per game the first month and a half, but from Week 7 through Week 17 he was the fourth-most productive TE in the league (behind Mark Andrews, George Kittle and Travis Kelce), with 61 yards per game, and the No. 1 option on the Eagles. This offense is clearly more effective with Goedert than without him.

Bucs lost two of their top three wide receivers. Godwin caught 98 passes for over 1,100 yards and Brown caught 42 passes for 545 yards in just seven games. The Bucs still have Mike Evans and Gronk, but missing two very productive WRs is going to be an issue.

Leonard Fournette ran 22 times but for only 81 yards, a 3.7 average in the first matchup. And the Eagles’ run defense is a lot better now. If they can shut down Fournette, it will make the Bucs one dimensional.

• TBChucky

Participant

Besides the people that aren’t coming back for the season, we’re actually starting to get healthy as well. Fournette, JPP and Barrett should be back. Hopefully we’ll be getting Lavonte David back for this game.. Those three defenders make a HUGE difference in our defense, especially vs. the run. All in all I expect it to be a challenging game. But I do think Brady and the boys pull it out at the end.

• kenntak

Participant

Not taking anything for granted. Last year, the Washington game was not easy. However, I think Eagles fans have to be disappointed with the last game against Dallas. That was actually an embarrassing display against a division rival.

• DaTruff

Participant

Why would an Eagles fan be disappointed with the Dallas game? Our o-line and RBs were all back ups or practice squad members and they ran all over Dallas starting d-line.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not taking anything for granted. Last year, the Washington game was not easy. However, I think Eagles fans have to be disappointed with the last game against Dallas. That was actually an embarrassing display against a division rival.

Seeing as they had nothing to play for, they rested their starters.

• Pennywise

Participant

The eagles rested starters against Dallas , hence the blowout

• kenntak

Participant

If I recall correctly, the Eagles are 0-6 against playoff teams this year. I am not saying it will be easy, but the Eagles have not been able to beat the great teams.

• TURBO

Participant

No BUUUURRRRRRRRRRR this time with the Bucs getting the home playoff game. I wonder what the Philly fans are hanging their hopes on this time around. Maybe CCCCCCOVID!!! I bet all the COVID outbreaks in the NFL magically disappear in the playoffs.

NICE!

• TURBO

Participant

Love it.

It is probably my most favorite moment of my sports fan life, that’s for sure! Right up there with that super bowl win, since it was the Eagles that we beat!

Good times!

• TURBO

Participant

Love it.

That Pick6 went down as one of the greatest plays in Bucs history. Ronde owned McNabb.

TRUTH!

• BucBalla85

Participant

That was a fun rivalry we had going for a bit. Missing the playoffs all these years kinda puts it into perspective now that hatred just isn’t the same. Then again thats what making the playoffs is all about! That hatred is coming back again. Only intensifies as the game comes and goes. Fuck the eagles! Go bucs!

• RudeGuy

Participant

The Eagles go into Tampa with the NFL’s best running game – 160 yards per game. But over the last 10 weeks of the season that number increased to 190 yards per game. Running backs got only nine carries in the first Eagles-Bucs game.

Rushing yards defense ranking of teams Eagles played over the last 10 weeks are as follows: Raiders #19, Lions #28, Chargers #30, Broncos #15, Saints #4, Giants X2 #25, Jets #29, WFT X2 #8. Only 3 games the opponent had a top 10 ranking. One of those games the team had major COVID issues on defense.

In the 1st Bucs-Eagles match up, the Bucs were No. 1 in the NFL in rush defense (55 yards per game, 3.4 yards per carry). In 12 weeks since, they’re No. 16 in yards allowed per game (113) and 28th in yards per carry (4.6)

Bucs are ranked #3 in yards rushing allowed per game. Don’t be fooled by the last few games with David, JJP, and Barrett being out. If they play healthy it will be hard to run against the Bucs.

Dallas Goedert missed the first Tampa game. At that point in the season he was sharing reps with Ertz and averaged only 43 yards per game the first month and a half, but from Week 7 through Week 17 he was the fourth-most productive TE in the league (behind Mark Andrews, George Kittle and Travis Kelce), with 61 yards per game, and the No. 1 option on the Eagles. This offense is clearly more effective with Goedert than without him.

TE will not be the weapon to beating the Bucs.

Bucs lost two of their top three wide receivers. Godwin caught 98 passes for over 1,100 yards and Brown caught 42 passes for 545 yards in just seven games. The Bucs still have Mike Evans and Gronk, but missing two very productive WRs is going to be an issue.

Gronk missed the first meeting between the 2 teams. Other WRs stepping up (didn’t get many chances with Godwin/Brown playing) and Evans / Gronk getting more targets with the loss of Godwin/Brown. Double them like the Panthers just tried to do. It worked for a short time.

Leonard Fournette ran 22 times but for only 81 yards, a 3.7 average in the first matchup. And the Eagles’ run defense is a lot better now. If they can shut down Fournette, it will make the Bucs one dimensional.

Bucs are a pass first team. Fournette’s rushing numbers are never big. It’s the damage he does when he gets the ball. BTW, watch what you wish for with “one dimensional”.

• NCiggles

Participant

I don’t think there’s any real way for the Eagles to win. The team hasn’t performed well all season against good teams. I think the pass defense has been a litmus test for QBs. Any good QB, has completed like 80% of their passes against the team. It’s been painful to watch. I mean in the last game against Tampa the I think Tampa basically didn’t try to score in the second half and when they needed a first down to kill the clock easily made it. I don’t think our defense and scheme has improved since that game.

The strength of the team is the o-line. I think the speed of the Bucs LBs and Vita Vea will impact the running game. The Eagles have a decent TE and a decent WR. They don’t have a decent QB to throw it to them.

• RudeGuy

Participant

I don’t think there’s any real way for the Eagles to win. The team hasn’t performed well all season against good teams. I think the pass defense has been a litmus test for QBs. Any good QB, has completed like 80% of their passes against the team. It’s been painful to watch. I mean in the last game against Tampa the I think Tampa basically didn’t try to score in the second half and when they needed a first down to kill the clock easily made it. I don’t think our defense and scheme has improved since that game.

The strength of the team is the o-line. I think the speed of the Bucs LBs and Vita Vea will impact the running game. The Eagles have a decent TE and a decent WR. They don’t have a decent QB to throw it to them.

You as an Eagles fan saw this game coming. Most Eagles fans kept feeding off the media that was telling them “This is not the same Eagles team the Bucs played earlier in the season”. The Fox studio crew was even saying it 15 minutes before the game.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.