Viewing 93 reply threads

• Author

• buccaneer4ever

Participant

The Bears, who are lacking in quarterback depth, have reportedly met with a prominent unsigned passer coming off a forgettable 2013 season.According to Jason La Canfora of CBS, the Bears visited with free agent quarterback Josh Freeman on Monday.The 26-year-old Freeman struggled throughout last season. He lost his starting job and roster spot after three games with Tampa Bay, which released the 2009 first-round pick on October 3. The Vikings signed Freeman, but in his lone start, he completed just 20-of-53 passes, and he suffered a concussion. Ultimately, he didn’t play again for the Vikings.It wouldn’t be surprising if the Bears increased the competition for the primary reserve role behind Jay Cutler. At present, the Bears have Jerrod Johnson and Jordan Palmer as backup quarterbacks. In Chicago, Freeman would have the benefit of working with coach Marc Trestman, who is renowned for his tutelage of quarterbacks.In short, Chicago looks like a good landing spot for Freeman, who likely will have to work his way back into a starting role. News of the visit with the Bears is a sliver of good news for a player who had a tough run in 2013.

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/07/report-bears-meet-with-josh-freeman/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

More importantly… Adam Weber had a tryout with the pats.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The bears just ran out of glow sticks for the nighttime parking lot attendants…nothing to see here….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This had to have been an afternoon meeting with Chicago.  There’s no way he got out of bed before noon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

By meet with him they mean Marc Trestman politely walked over Freeman who was laid out on the sidewalk in a drunken stupor.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After seeing what Trestman did with Rich Gannon and more recently Josh McCown and Jay Cutler,It would be very interesting to see what he could get out of Josh Freeman. Guy is a genius. I'd say this would be a perfect fit for Joshy boy.trestman-mckayla-maroney-face-e1378698011142.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After seeing what Trestman did with Rich Gannon and more recently Josh McCown and Jay Cutler,It would be very interesting to see what he could get out of Josh Freeman. Guy is a genius. I'd say this would be a perfect fit for Joshy boy.trestman-mckayla-maroney-face-e1378698011142.jpg

I would say this would be a better fit for "Joshy Boy"...maxresdefault.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, the dude is a basket case. But if the Bears sign him and Cutler gets hurt, I'll definitely be paying attention.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was thinking the same exact thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn’t really care about improving so I don’t think Trestman would make much of a difference.  Plus accuracy is a big thing with his system.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

He doesn't really care about improving so I don't think Trestman would make much of a difference.  Plus accuracy is a big thing with his system.

That is a major issue with Freeman. But Trestman did help Gannon improve his accuracy during their time in Oakland together. So maybe he can get through to Freeman and get him to work hard and improve his game? For me, Freeman should be a solid backup for them, and especially so of Trestman can work his magic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The bears just ran out of glow sticks for the nighttime parking lot attendants...nothing to see here....

i loled

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On his way to career backupdom.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was thinking the same exact thing.

He needs to be right in the head before anyone can do a thing with him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn't really care about improving so I don't think Trestman would make much of a difference.  Plus accuracy is a big thing with his system.

That is a major issue with Freeman. But Trestman did help Gannon improve his accuracy during their time in Oakland together. So maybe he can get through to Freeman and get him to work hard and improve his game? For me, Freeman should be a solid backup for them, and especially so of Trestman can work his magic.

What's trestman going to do? Kick freeman in the nuts repeatedly until he plays qb good?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lmao. Some of these guys are acting like Freeman shaved their dogs and took a dump on their keyboards. Dude ended up being a bust like most guys to don the jersey do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

wasted talent is always judged harshly  (same for wasted perceived talent)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except Josh's problems are between his ears.. the guy is a basket case and Testman aint fixing that. Josh needs a shrink..not a QB guru.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, he did hide drug using for how long(guessing before mj pics). Most of us who did support him feel betrayed by it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can’t coach stupid…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except Josh's problems are between his ears.. the guy is a basket case and Testman aint fixing that. Josh needs a shrink..not a QB guru.

Trestman is good, but I think Mike McCoy is even better.  It would be interesting to see him land in either place.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, a lot of “venom” on this thread.  #butthurt?Ain't nothing wrong with a dude making a livin'..... Hope he can salvage his career/life.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I had no problem with Freeman, except whenever I watched him play…..and saw him throw the ball….I would mutter…..wtf was that?….half the time……that’s all.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

What's trestman going to do? Kick freeman in the nuts repeatedly until he plays qb good?

Sometimes all you need is the right coach. We've all seen them through different sports, coaches that manage to get that extra 10% or more out of their players in effort and performance, compared to previous coaches. Now maybe Trestman won't get through to Freeman, but due to his background with QBs it should give him a chance. Freeman has the size and tools to be useful, but lacks the mental side of the game. If Trestman can get through to him he can be a useful player in this league. That being said, if his career went down from here and became the next Vince Young it wouldn't surprise me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“It’s all about #5″… Raheem Morris

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is like going on a date with an ugly chick. The Bears are probably regretting this. Man Raheem should have been coach of the year in 2010. Dude caught lightning in a bottle that year. With Cheeseburger Price and Myron Lewis and the gang. Blount Talib ABenn and TJack man that was like the Bad News Bears right there. Good Lord what a miracle 10-6 was!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10-6 was ONLY because of the schedule.  Weakest in NFL history.  Go back and look.  The games they won weren’t just against weak opponents, they were playing those weak ass teams on a week where the opposing starting QB was out that week almost every single game.  It was the luckiest schedule in NFL history.  That 2010 team sucked.    They didn’t beat a team with a winning record all season until the last game of the year when they played a team that had already locked up the playoffs and didn’t care about the game..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At the time I said “I wouldn’t trade Morris or Freeman for anyone”.  Oh wait, I didn’t say that.  That was jdub.  I called them buffoons. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At the time I said "I wouldn't trade Morris or Freeman for anyone".  Oh wait, I didn't say that.  That was jdub.  I called them buffoons.

Yep.  He said he wouldn't even trade Freeman for Aaron Rodgers because Freeman was younger and had more upside.  and Heemy was the "perfect" coach for this team because the players loved him.  LOL!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1U2kROTc_A

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman sucked, let the team down, tried to sabotage them because he was out of his mind on pills and his natural anxiety caused him to flake out.Screw him...I hope he doesn't die from his idiocy, but I hope he never plays a down in the NFL again after the complete lack of respect he showed his teammates, and stealing money in good conscience.His mom said people don't know what Josh is like, that he has a fire burning.  Yeah...he is lighting up his pipe.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At the time I said "I wouldn't trade Morris or Freeman for anyone".  Oh wait, I didn't say that.  That was jdub.  I called them buffoons.

Yep.  He said he wouldn't even trade Freeman for Aaron Rodgers because Freeman was younger and had more upside.  and Heemy was the "perfect" coach for this team because the players loved him.  LOL!http://www.you#tube.com/watch?v=u1U2kROTc_A

Hows that Tebow prediction workin for ya?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lmao. Some of these guys are acting like Freeman shaved their dogs and took a dump on their keyboards.

He put our franchise on a 5 year treadmill of obscurity....to many of us that is worse.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lmao. Some of these guys are acting like Freeman shaved their dogs and took a dump on their keyboards.

He put our franchise on a 5 year treadmill of obscurity....to many of us that is worse.

He sucked at football. Big whoop. Not like he murdered someone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And still tried to screw us more when he was leaving.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you have any idea how much worse we would have been if it wasn't for Freeman. At one point we had 17 consecutive losses when he wasn't the starter. 2009 team would have went 0-16 if he hadn't stepped in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you have any idea how much worse we would have been if it wasn't for Freeman. At one point we had 17 consecutive losses when he wasn't the starter. 2009 team would have went 0-16 if he hadn't stepped in.

And we would've drafted Sam Bradford and been in nearly the same boat.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was waiting for this fail from you. What took you so long?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And we would've drafted Sam Bradford and been in nearly the same boat.

So I'll thank him for Gerald McCoy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol, not to interrupt, but it is (obviously) more than just '[h]e sucked at football."  He showed some talent early and then apparently threw it all away for non-football personal issues. On top of that, he threw the team under the bus while walking out the door, as if the team was to blame for his personal failings. Hardly shocking that some are upset with the guy.Now back to the contrarian shtick . . 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol, not to interrupt, but it is (obviously) more than just '[h]e sucked at football."  He showed some talent early and then apparently threw it all away for non-football personal issues. On top of that, he threw the team under the bus while walking out the door, as if the team was to blame for his personal failings. Hardly shocking that some are upset with the guy.Now back to the contrarian shtick . .

Sucking at your job isn't a good enough reason to hate a human being IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was it ever proven Freeman had a drug issue? I know it’s commonly accepted and is the most likely explanation, but is there any actual evidence of it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sucking at your job isn't a good enough reason to hate a human being IMO.

strawman . . .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was it ever proven Freeman had a drug issue? I know it's commonly accepted and is the most likely explanation, but is there any actual evidence of it?

About as much evidence as there is for Ray Lewis murdering someone. "Pretty damn sure, but can't prove it."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was it ever proven Freeman had a drug issue? I know it's commonly accepted and is the most likely explanation, but is there any actual evidence of it?

proven - noevidence -  hmm? his poor play, the fact no one picked him up this year, and participation to the NFL program, maybe more, not sure

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Okay, thanks. I love Pewter Report, but the constant, “we know something about Josh but won’t tell” drove me crazy. I wasn’t sure if someone finally said something and I missed it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

About as much evidence as there is for Ray Lewis murdering someone. "Pretty damn sure, but can't prove it."

Ray Lewis didn't murder anyone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and there was very little evidence, if any, to suggest he did. If there was any meaningful evidence, the authorities flip the other two no-name guys to bring him down . . .  it went the other way . .  and that speaks volumes about the lack of evidence against Lewis. The authorities would chose 11 times out of 10 to bring down a single big name person over 2 no name guys when it comes to a public event like that one. . . . and they didn't, they turned Lewis into State's evidence.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s more evidence for Josh’s dug issue than there was for Ray’s alleged murders.Nighttime business owners will tell you what they saw in S. Tampa.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe. Maybe not.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Lewis#Murder_trial

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe. Maybe not.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Lewis#Murder_trial

lolLewis's attorneys, Don Samuel and Ed Garland, of the Atlanta law firm Garland, Samuel & Loeb, negotiated a plea agreement with Howard, where the murder charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting,[46] and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He did and was pretty brazen about it. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know the Ray Lewis = murderer thing is popular, but I am not sure how anyone reaches that conclusion looking at how things played out. The DA had a hard on for Oakley and Sweeting . .  because you know those are the household names!  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know the Ray Lewis = murderer thing is popular, but I am not sure how anyone reaches that conclusion looking at how things played out. The DA had a hard on for Oakley and Sweeting . .  because you know those are the household names!  ::)

He didn't do anything to stop the murder from happening.  He didn't distance himself from the murderers. He more than likely watched it happen.  He probably got in a couple of stabs himself.  Net, net, he was good on the field so the Ravens stuck by him and rode him to a Super Bowl 12 mos. later. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He didn't do anything to stop the murder from happening.  He didn't distance himself from the murderers. He more than likely watched it happen.  He probably got in a couple of stabs himself.  Net, net, he was good on the field so the Ravens stuck by him and rode him to a Super Bowl 12 mos. later.

I think we are discussing completely different things. I am no fan of Lewis, but even if one accepts your claims as true, the only one that would make him a "murderer" is the one you framed as pure speculation:  "He probably got in a couple of stabs himself."  There was ZERO evidence of that and Lewis "being good on the filed" ( and public figure as a result) made him a MORE attractive target for the DA, not a less attractive target, so if there was any evidence, the DA flips the other two guys, who sell their soul for freedom from prosecution.  Being a "bad dude" or a "braggart" doesn't make someone a "murderer"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who do you think got killed, two guys going to church? When groups of thugs fight each other, sometimes people die. I don't even think what happened was murder. The guys who got killed started the whole thing by smashing one of Ray Lewis' boys over the head with a champagne bottle. It could easily be argued as self defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who do you think got killed, two guys going to church? When groups of thugs fight each other, sometimes people die. I don't even think what happened was murder. The guys who got killed started the whole thing by smashing one of Ray Lewis' boys over the head with a champagne bottle. It could easily be argued as self defense.

it was http://www.artclu.com/crew/bfoley/lawscope/index.cfm?L1=news&story=10&pg=1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My point is simple.  If someone in the NFL stabs or say……..gets stabbed, if their production on the field in NFL worthy, you dont “trade” them to another team.  I know, I’ve come full circle, and for that I apologize.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Back to the point….sucking at your job isn’t a crime….unless you have the livlyhood of others depending on you. And Freeman didn’t just suck at being a football player, Ponder sucks as a player, but missing meetings, skipping the team photo, partying the night before games, drugs, and then leaking your own medical records and pointing the finger at your coach is more than just being a bad QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ross Tucker ?@RossTuckerNFL  29mClearly impressed by his epic MNF performance against them. MT: @RVacchianoNYDN: Josh Freeman may workout for Giants

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So……did they sign him? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Report: Bears think freeman is retarded.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Poor Freeman….cant believe Schiano ruined him….#bluefont

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ross Tucker ?@RossTuckerNFL  29mClearly impressed by his epic MNF performance against them. MT: @RVacchianoNYDN: Josh Freeman may workout for Giants

#picksixcity

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

Have the best ever had a more worthless player?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Foster for replacing Ruud and Barron for being picked instead of Kuechly. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Foster for replacing Ruud and Barron for being picked instead of Kuechly.

Hot damn!  The Bucs need to hire you as GM.  You know football.

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

Idk how anyone can defend Barron over Kuechly, but thats an argument for anther day. This day is about Johnny Football

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kuechly is another cute figment of the medias imagination.  Precious.

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

Kuechly is already better than Urlacher ever was.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Urlacher???  Why dont you compare him to Barrett Ruud next?  All very average LBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy shit, this kid made a tertiary account......

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Urlacher???  Why dont you compare him to Barrett Ruud next?  All very average LBs.

If those are average, you must consider Foster to be dog shit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and here it is Saturday the 12th of April and Josh still hasn’t signed with another team. Truly sad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy shit! Java must be multitasking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If those are average, you must consider Foster to be dog **CENSORED**.

who doesn’t think he’s dog shit?  Even Mason knows!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOo!!!mason.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If those are average, you must consider Foster to be dog **CENSORED**.

who doesn't think he's dog **CENSORED**?  Even Mason knows!

There is early Ray Lewis and Derrick Brooks at LB and then there's Keith Brooking and Barrett Ruud at LB.  Kuechly is more of the soft tackling outside of the box type like Brooking.  Dude is soft personified. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/01/24/4638014/kuechly-pro-bowl-panthers.html#.U0lWWlW-1vI

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lavonte David.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I gave you the link to Kuechly in the Pro Bowl.    Can you give me the link to David being elected to the Pro Bowl?    David is a good linebacker, but he's not the leader that Kuechly is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I gave you the link to Kuechly in the Pro Bowl.    Can you give me the link to David being elected to the Pro Bowl?    David is a good linebacker, but he's not the leader that Kuechly is.

Now you are out of your ever loving mind.  David is as good a linebacker as there has been in the league in a long time.  David was elected to the all-pro team, which, if you dont know, is a bigger honor.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You may not know this, but Luke Kuechly was a first team All Pro as well.    I didn’t ask about All Pro, I asked about Pro Bowl.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You may not know this, but Luke Kuechly was a first team All Pro as well.    I didn't ask about All Pro, I asked about Pro Bowl.

Pro bowl aside, do you really think Kuechly had a better season than David?? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

David is a linebacker.  Kuechly is a linebacker and a leader.    That’s the difference.  I like David.  But Barron sucks.  They should have picked Kuechly instead of Barron.  If the Bucs had Kuechly leading their D with David by his side, they would be awesome.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Java vs Java….who wins?

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Barron is going to thrive under Lovie.  He’ll mean a lot more to our franchise after this season I believe.  I just looked at David vs. Kuehcly’s stats. Very close.  David is a ball hawk in addition to getting after the QB. I realize I am bias but much prefer David over Kuechly and the stats bear that out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stats don’t bear out leadership ability.  Ask any Panther who the leader of their defense is.  They will all say Kuechly.  Ask any Buc who the leader of their defense is.  It’s not likely they will say David. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stats don't bear out leadership ability.  Ask any Panther who the leader of their defense is.  They will all say Kuechly.  Ask any Buc who the leader of their defense is.  It's not likely they will say David.

Link?

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Stats don't bear out leadership ability.  Ask any Panther who the leader of their defense is.  They will all say Kuechly.  Ask any Buc who the leader of their defense is.  It's not likely they will say David.

I'm not sure about the whole leadership thing, I just know David is a better overall player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s been the problem with this team the last 5 years.    They brought in some talent, but no leadership.  You can’t win if you don’t have leaders.  The comparison here is not between David and Kuechly.  I like David.  The comparison is between Barron and Kuechly.  Barron is the guy they took instead of Kuechly.  Barron is mediocre.  Kuechly would have been a FAR better pick.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

I think Barron proves his worth this season under Lovie. We have had really poor coaching on the defensive side of the ball for a while now (since Kiffin).  We will finally get to see what a real defense plays like this year. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Barron will be better (can’t be too much worse), but Kuechly would have been great.

Please wait…

Viewing 93 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.