Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 46 reply threads

• Author

• Trevor Sikkema

Keymaster

• Anonymous

Inactive

And failed… close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Licht fails once again. Can we fire this bozo already?

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

Have to save our picks for one special kicker.

• FLBoy84

Participant

Not doubting the team is actively trying to add guys like Quinn or Bennett, but starting to doubt their valuations on players. So a team who finished the year with 38 sacks values Bennett higher than the team that finished with 22 and near the bottom of the league in basically every defensive category.

• jerseybucsfan

Participant

The Lichts are on but nobody’s home. Jason must go! It’s like he’s allergic to pass rushers.

• Michael Wells

Participant

What a load of crap so between Bennett and Quinn we’re out bid by a 5th and 6th rounder it’s like Licht is barely even trying he’s runs right out of these trade talks the second he doesn’t get it the exact way he wants what an epic fail that we didn’t get either of these guys over a couple picks on players that might not even be on the team by the last preseason game what a joke

• The Big Shooter

Participant

If Bennett is so great why is Denver drafting ahead of the buc’s. He’s a loser.

• GMACsBlankey

Participant

I’m taking this with a grain of salt because these reports are always iffy and come from someone with an agenda…

… with that said, where the hell do they expect to generate a pass rush next year?

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

@TheBigShooter
      uh….?

• Schewpps

Participant

I really hope they have a good plan for the draft because this offseason starts awfully

• Knucknbuc

Participant

Congrats! Bucs win the yearly we tried trophy! Yesssss you should all be grateful seems like we have been winning this every year. Are you guys sick of all these participation trophies yet?

• jerseybucsfan

Participant

There once was a GM named Licht,
      Who tried but couldn’t get it right.
      Pass rush? No, abort;
      I’m a day late and a dollar short.
      No playoffs for the Bucs, a’ight?

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

Maybe they are waiting for the saints to cut George Johnson. No reason he can’t be brought back for the 4th time.

• ufcguy32

Participant

I knew it. Fck u Jason. You suck. Most incompetent gm ive ever seen. How…i mean literally how do u mess two trades in 2 weeks. You’re an idiot. Gtfo …sincerely pissed off season ticket holder

• Live4BUCS

Participant

The problem with missing out on Quinn and Bennett was that they provided a patch at DE because the draft lacks any impact DEs outside of Chubb, who could have helped us this year. We could have added Quinn/Bennett and drafted one of these project DEs and hope for better options next year. Simply put, we are screwed at DE this year because there just isn’t anyone out there to help us…

• ufcguy32

Participant

Shocking….these clowns cant be fired fast enough. We have a higher pick than the eagles…..how do u lose out.. offer freaking bobo Wilson with it. Jesus jason its like you want to be fired.

• ufcguy32

Participant

Unfuckingexcusable

• BP1

Participant

Let’s stop all the crying. We are going to need those picks to trade up to get Chubb.

• Ava’Jeno

Participant

I was being called a troll a couple months ago…. now everyone sounds like me!!!! Can’t blame you guys for the optimism …. but this year will be hard to watch…. I was right about Licht, Koetter, and McCoy…. we should’ve traded him when we had the chance… but most of all… I’m rite about Jameis as well!!! This year the world will see him for what he is…a class clown … a turnover waiting to happen …. this year is going to be abysmal….

• Erick

Participant

I see a lot of people complain that the GM picks up a lot of older guys. And I could see us for sure grabbing Bennet if he lasted to free agency and paying him a decent dime. But throwing away our future picks would be stupid if we had to waist more than one. Build through draft and free agency not through trades. Unless it’s to trade down and not for a kicker

• Mike

Participant

At gatherings like the combine, pro days and owner’s meetings, do the other GM’s point and laugh at Licht? Maybe tell Aguayo or Hargreaves jokes behind his back? Or ask him about how close the Bucs are in Licht’s FIFTH year?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I heard that Licht offered an 8th rounder but forgot the draft stopped in the 7th

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Bucs are sooo #yawn.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Yo Jason….go home you drank too much coffee today. Restart tomorrow with a different mindset.

Build the trenches!

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

Bennett is about to pull a Robert Ayers….

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

Robert Ayers? The guy who made money after being a backup on the giants Dline. That guy?

• ufcguy32

Participant

Yep the super bowl champs, and the patriots , and falcons….yaaaaa we dont need him hes too old. Lol. Every year i hear the same morons cry about 30 yr old players being too old. Only to watch play off teams get them. Probably should learn a thing or two from them….nahhh im so freaking smart….i cant give up a 5th round pick…we have a future practice squad player there. Why would i get a pro bowl defender when i can out think myself in the draft. You’re an idiot Jason

• SO CAL BUC FAN

Participant

I heard that the Seachickens asked for Godwin in the trade for Bennett! Would you still do that deal?…. I WOULD NOT!

Also, With all of this smack and the writing of these posts. It makes me wonder if it’s just one troll with 10 screen names.

1. The off season hasn’t even started yet!
      2. Not all of the salary cap strapped teams have made cuts yet!
      A. BALTIMORE RAVENS: $9,009,589
      B. PITTSBURGH STEELERS: $5,394,632
      C. DALLAS COWBOYS: $1,578,082
      D. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: -9,133,036
      E. MIAMI DOLPHINS: $-18,529,645

3. Free Agency hasn’t started yet!
      4. The Draft hasn’t happened yet!
      5. The second wave of cuts hasn’t happened yet!
      6. The preseason cuts haven’t happened yet!

Obviously, the Front Office has to be prudent and look at every opportunity! So, let the process happen if they fail. They will all be outside looking next year!

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’re asking me to trust in a FO that consistently whiffs in FA, won’t improve the d-line, drafts kickers in the 2nd, and makes excuse after excuse as to why we suck?

Please… I ain’t trusting shiiiiit

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@SO CAL BUC FAN

Mar 7, 18 at 11:51 pm #1065778
      I heard that the Seachickens asked for Godwin in the trade for Bennett! Would you still do that deal?…. I WOULD NOT!

Exactly. Funny how everyone is conveniently leaving this part out.

• freddy

Participant

SO CAL BUC FAN
      Mar 7, 18 at 11:51 pm #1065778
      I heard that the Seachickens asked for Godwin in the trade for Bennett!

=======================
      Where did you hear they asked for Godwin? I haven’t found that anywhere.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where did you hear they asked for Godwin? I haven’t found that anywhere.

Only place I’ve seen this is various message boards. Probably Licht apologists trying to give him a ‘pass’ for screwing up these DE trades so badly in the last week.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think they asked for Godwin, who was a 3rd round pick… that doesn’t make sense to ask for a 3rd round pick, then except a 7th round pick.

That disparity to too large to believe. If it IS true, then someone must have it out for Licht to ask that much of him – of course he should turn that down.

However, I don’t buy it… seems made-up to me. Might as well have asked for Mike Evans while they’re at it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even if the report is true that Godwin was initially asked for, Licht has to be able to negotiate. Look at what the eagles got Bennett for. They were obviously will g to accept less. 30 years old or not the dude produced almost half the sacks our entire team did last year. Licht better have some shit up his sleeve after this.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly. The Hawks, if they were smart woild say “eagles are offering this, can you beat it?” Well of course we can because we won less games than Seattle so it’s a higher 7th round pick.

Is Licht really this bad at negotiating?

Could have had a couple stop-gap DE to help us contend while also developing our younger ends.

Instead we have an injury-prone Spence and who else? Will Clark? Ayers?

Does Licht know that this also pigeon holes us at 7? Now everyone and their uncle knows we want Chubb so even if we wanted to trade up it would be a king’s randsom. Ugh…

• freddy

Participant

Agreed, if we had snagged one of these guys, I would feel better about drafting a Davenport or similar guy because they wouldn’t have to be a full time starter from day one. They could be used situationaly and learn from the guy in front of them. With Ayers almost sure to be cut, who is going to show the DE’s how its done?

• SO CAL BUC FAN

Participant

There is only a negotiation if the original team replies to your response!

If the Seahawks said they want this you have 5 minutes to get back to us. The reply was No, Godwin can’t be had…What else are you interested in? Or, we will offer you this….

Then the Hawks went back to the Eagles and can say anything the Bucs are offering us BOBO will you give us Marcus?….

Done!

We had a guy on our Baseball team was actually traded for a scrub, bats and balls….. It happens! That shit isn’t told! That’s why people then respond why would we only take that scrub for said player!…. I’ve heard even worse stuff.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we just stop making excuses for Licht’s inability to GET IT DONE?

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

No one wants 2018 Michael Bennett on their team. Please stop.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

I have no problem with not beating that price for Bennett. Heck, the Patriots didn’t want to beat that price and neither did Atlanta. Why is Licht an idiot? Since I already thought Licht was not a good GM, this actually makes me feel a bit better about him. Not much though, because I still think he stinks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The real question is, what do you think we will get with our 5th round pick this year?

Jeremy McNichols?
      Caleb Benenoch?
      Kenny Bell?
      Kadeem Edwards
      Kevin Pamphile?
      Steve Means?

I’ll take Bennett over all of those players

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

I don’t trust Licht to get the right players and Smith running off coverage is frustrating. Only way to fix our problem is to trade up for Chubb it is time to win now.

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

Bucs failed to get the best DE on the market. Bennett would at least improve our passrush. I expect more of the same this year, yet I’m not one to give up on my favorite team so I will wait until camp start. Bright side if they don’t show up this year everybody should be fired.

• BucsBay

Participant

Haha @GottaJaboo

You’re starting to make an art of it.

• RudeGuy

Participant

It appears to me the thinking at OBP is no more old dudes. They will build through the draft. The question is do the current GM and HC have the time? Maybe they have an agreement with the Glazers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There have been a handful of “old dudes” that would have helped us… the goal is to win, right?

Peppers
      Freeney
      Bennett
      Harrison
      Ware
      Quinn

None of those players will help us win but Baker, Ayers, et al. will?

• Biggs3535

Participant

Robert Quinn isn’t old, he’s 27. I’m much more disappointed in missing out on him than Bennett – who is 32.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Schianoismyhero
      Mar 8, 18 at 9:35 pm #1065999

None of those players will help us win but Baker, Ayers, et al. will?

I’m talking about no old dudes this season. The players above might be the reason for no old dudes going forward. They left a bad taste.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So again, they can’t evaluate talent. Age isn’t the concern it seems. They just can’t figure out which veterans have something left in the tank.

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.