Viewing 36 reply threads

• Author

• Trevor Sikkema

Keymaster

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/972236344671031297

Please wait…

• Michael Wells

Participant

Thank God when healthy that guy can straight up lock people down him and Evans have had some battles with that guy working one of the outside corner spots and Hargreaves working the slot that’s 2 spots handled still need one more though

Please wait…

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Decent signing if the deal finalizes on FA opening.

Please wait…

• BucsWin31

Participant

Yawn

Please wait…

• bucboi813

Participant

8-9 mill not worth it

Please wait…

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

Solid ascending player just reaching his prime.. These are the type of players that you should target in FA. Lol at those that whine about this because he isn’t a name like Sherman or Talib who are getting paid way too much for their current value

Please wait…

• Nobody

Participant

26 years old

#13 ranked PFF Corner

Good at what we do.

Bank not broken.

Not sure what is not to like.

Please wait…

• BucsWin31

Participant

Ft Myers Buc Fan
      Mar 9, 18 at 6:21 pm #1066234
      Solid ascending player just reaching his prime.. These are the type of players that you should target in FA. Lol at those that whine about this because he isn’t a name like Sherman or Talib who are getting paid way too much for their current value

Just like George Johnson? How many times have we signed a good deal for a young “up and coming guy” and he actually reached his potential? Nobody was talking about this kid 2 years ago. I just want proven guys and not guys that have a good year or two on a talented team then fizzles out when we ask him to become “the guy”. Give me Trumaine Johnson over this Gaines guy

Please wait…

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

Exactly Nobody

Please wait…

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

All Bucs fans do is fucking complain.

Please wait…

• bucball1

Participant

When you been losing for the last 10 12 years you get the losing mentality get excited when another man get paid for what he will be laughing all the way to the bank team still go be sorry unreal

Please wait…

• Ken Grant

Participant

Werd. No matter what the news all our “fans” do now is bitch, bitch, bitch…

Please wait…

• bucboi813

Participant

Y’all getting happy bout a bum where’s the heavy Intrest in norwell 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Please wait…

• Erick

Participant

Good deal. I still think we should try to bring in Trumaine Johnson for a decent 2 or 3 year contract if grimes doesn’t sign with us. He could teach VH3 a couple things.

Please wait…

• bucsandseminoles

Participant

Love it!
      EJ Gaines is essentially the polar opposite of EJ Biggers.
      If he stays healthy, (I believe he’s mostly had minor injuries/plain bad luck) I think he is a top 10 CB in the league.

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

This would excite me. Would still like to re-sign Grimes.

Please wait…

• CyberDilemma

Participant

BucsWin31
      Mar 9, 18 at 6:30 pm #1066238

Nobody was talking about this kid 2 years ago.

Umm, yeah they were. The kid was named to the Pro Football Writers Association All Rookie Team his rookie year and he started 15 games as a 6th round pick. His career got sidetracked his second year when he ended up on injured reserve in preseason. The kid’s a baller.

This team is not one player away from a Lombardi. It makes absolutely no sense adding 30-something overpriced players on the downsides of their careers who are being dumped by their present teams. This team needs some potential up-and-comers who can grow with the young core of talent on the team, so it all comes together at the same time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This will thoroughly remind me of the Alterraun Verner signing. Guy was coming off a great season, ascending, and then became lost in the shuffle.

Both are smallish, and run similar times (4.4 to 4.5)

It’s a 50:50 signing because he may flame out after getting his money.

Fingers crossed.

Please wait…

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

From Walter:

E.J. Gaines was terrific for the Bills as a Pro Bowl-caliber cover corner this past season. He’d be rated much higher than this if it weren’t for his poor durability; he’s missed 26 games in the past three seasons, including five in

Let’s hope he signs and his injuries are history.

Bucs sure could use a corner like a healthy Gaines.

Drawback: 5′ 10″

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ATV was a pro bowler. I have a feeling he (Gaines) will be JAG (just an overpaid guy) for the Bucs. Similar to ATV.

Please wait…

• CyberDilemma

Participant

Boid
        Mar 9, 18 at 9:32 pm #1066298

ATV was a pro bowler. I have a feeling he (Gaines) will be JAG (just an overpaid guy) for the Bucs. Similar to ATV.

Difference is that Gaines has excelled on two different teams in two different schemes. Moving Verner out of Tennessee was like taking a fish out of water.

Please wait…

• Spartan01

Participant

Wouldn’t mind in addition to Gaines (#13 CB PFF) some other young UFA talent coming up:

Ross Cockrell (#39 CB PFF)
      Aaron Colvin (#47 CB PFF)

Very good players that would be starting if they weren’t playing behind Janoris Jenkins, Eli Apple, Jalen Ramsey, and AJ Bouye.

Please wait…

• Detrimental

Participant

Would be a solid addition. Even better if we sign Grimes back for the same price. I don’t think this kid can be a true #1 CB but as #2CB he could be a top 10 guy. Grimes Gaines Vern in the slot would suffice till we get a #1. Or one of those two prove they can handle it this upcoming season. Wouldn’t bank on it though.

Please wait…

• GoldsonAges

Participant

EJ was one of my favorite players coming out. The Rams drafted him in the 4th round, I believe. He has always played lights out, but he was injured his first few years and the Rams foolishly traded him for like a 6th round pick, or something along those lines.

He would be a great addition, but durability has to be a concern. The best part about EJ being a Buc is hopefully Ryan Smith and VH3 wont be forced to play any outside corner. We still need another outside corner though even if we do sogn him.

Please wait…

• mgchat76

Participant

He’s a good player, but the pass rush needs to improve or he’ll look like crap. On a side note, I’m pretty sure I remember that Schiano sent a contingent to Missouri’s bowl game to watch EJ Gaines before he got fired. Could be wrong about that, but I remember making a mental note when STL drafted him.

Please wait…

• CyberDilemma

Participant

He was part of the Sammy Watkins trade, Goldson.

Please wait…

• GoldsonAges

Participant

EJ was one of my favorite players coming out. The Rams drafted him in the 4th round, I believe. He has always played lights out, but he was injured his first few years and the Rams foolishly traded him for like a 6th round pick, or something along those lines.

He would be a great addition, but durability has to be a concern. That will likely keep him from earning top FA corner $$$,

The best part about EJ being a Buc is hopefully Ryan Smith and VH3 wont be forced to play any outside corner. We still need another outside corner though even if we do sign him.

Please wait…

• FLBoy84

Participant

Gaines, Reid, Poe, Okafor, Attaochu, Berger, Kline and Sturgis and free agency is a lock.

Please wait…

• FLBoy84

Participant

Actually throw Junior Galette into the DE conversation as well.

Please wait…

• jcaulfield8

Participant

If we play our cbs 8 yards off the line on third and two don’t bother with 8-9 mil per year. Get 2 undrafted rookies, it would be just as effective with our coaches

Please wait…

• Ja’crispy

Participant

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if they are already talking dollars (8-9mil a year) wouldn’t that be considered tampering?

Please wait…

• FLBoy84

Participant

It’s tampering if the teams are even talking to the FA’s agents, but the whole league is doing it so it just gets ignored evidently.

Please wait…

• seanbassak

Participant

It seems like everyone is tampering this year. Norwell to NYG is a “done deal”. Trumaine Johnson will be a 49er or a Raider. EJ Gaines to the Bucs is supposedly going to happen. Whatever.
        I like him. Hopefully he stays healthy and hopefully we don’t stop there. Either bring Grimes back or grab another CB in FA or the draft.

Please wait…

• Ja’crispy

Participant

Got it. I thought it was weird how the tweet said “nothing signed”… like seriously? Obviously nothing is signed.

Please wait…

• Erick

Participant

Some of you people call yourself bucs fans ?? Smh . No wonder good players don’t want to play for us. Support your team.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

If we pay him 4-6 million, I am good with giving him a chance to compete as a #2 CB. BUT, there is absolutely no way he is worth 8-9 million. Once again, Licht thinks that he is smarter than everyone else. Nobody has him ranked as one of the 5-8 best CB’s on the market, and yet we are going to pay him like he is. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much like the Sweezy signing, it’s crazy.

Cornerbacks Rankings (that pretty much every analyst agrees with):

Level One (sure-fire starting outside CB’s):

Malcolm Butler, Patriots
      Rashaan Melvin, Colts
      Trumaine Johnson, Rams
      Nickell Robey-Coleman, Rams

Level Two (Can start somewhere, either in the slot or outside):

Brent Grimes, Buccaneers
      Bashaud Breeland, Redskins
      Patrick Peterson, Eagles
      E.J. Gaines, Bills

Level Three (Might or might not be able to start on a good team)

T.J. Carrie, Raiders
      Aaron Colvin, Jaguars
      Prince Amukamara, Bears
      Morris Claiborne, Jets
      Tramon Williams, Cardinals

Please wait…

• CyberDilemma

Participant

casren
        Mar 9, 18 at 11:37 pm #1066324

Nobody has him ranked as one of the 5-8 best CB’s on the market, and yet we are going to pay him like he is.

Level One (sure-fire starting outside CB’s):

Malcolm Butler, Patriots
        Rashaan Melvin, Colts
        Trumaine Johnson, Rams
        Nickell Robey-Coleman, Rams

Level Two (Can start somewhere, either in the slot or outside):

Brent Grimes, Buccaneers
        Bashaud Breeland, Redskins
        Patrick Peterson, Eagles
        E.J. Gaines, Bills

Then why was he one of the top 8 names you listed?……just checkin’.

Please wait…

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

@ISLAND

He’s missed 11 games in 3 years, not 26!

Please wait…

• mgchat76

Participant

EJ Gaines market value according to Spotrac.com is 9.3 million. In comparison Trumaine Johnson’s is >13 million. Some people around here may want to change their expectations to match reality.

Please wait…

• idliketoproposeatoast

Participant

would definitely be happy with gaines, as a bucs fan out here in LA, didn’t get to see many bills games but my understanding is he played well and he was definitely a player when he was with the rams

Please wait…

• Mark Alsott

Participant

Yes to Gaines, especially if #24 doesn’t return, and anyway, #28 has a long way to go, imo.

We need CB talent. Period.

Please wait…

• T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Participant

Hell yes to EJ but don’t stop there. Go get 2 new CBs. Our secondary was abysmal last year.

Also to those wanting Trumaine, I’m sorry but it won’t happen. I want him too but it appears a priority is going to be put on zone corners instead of a press man corner because of scheme fit. Let’s go ahead and collectively get this disappointment out of the way.

Please wait…

• Easythe great

Participant

If this does happen I give Licht kudos for not breaking the bank once again and still getting a quality corner who is just entering his prime.

Please wait…

• Charlie

Participant

Good signing, try to resign grimes I guess as well cause it looks like they’re gonna stick to this off coverage thing and draft amother db relatively early.

Please wait…

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.