Viewing 410 reply threads

• Author

• bucs449

Participant

@ProFootballTalk: Rumors fly that the Bucs are trying to move up to No. 2 http://t.co/FunNvAudyOThere aren’t all that many juicy rumors flying as the draft approaches.  But here’s a good one.There’s chatter in league circles that the Buccaneers could end up being the team that moves up to No. 2 from No. 7.It’s unclear what it would take to make the leap by five spots.  It’s also unclear who/whom/whatever the Bucs would target with the second pick.After the trade of receiver Mike Williams and the age (31) of Vincent Jackson, the Bucs could use a receiver like Sammy Watkins.  But then there’s Johnny Manziel, who with a stout Lovie Smith defense would be fascinating in Tampa.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/06/rumors-fly-that-bucs-are-trying-to-move-up-to-no-2/Obviously 3/4 of the stuff that is reported in the days leading up to the draft is nonsense ans smokescreens.  If this is true, who do you think this would be for?  Sammy Watkins?  And would you want to do it, knowing it would likely be at least 1 and 2, plus probably at least one more pick?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly I think it’s the Rams leaking false info to force a Browns trade up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly I think it's the Rams leaking false info to force a Browns trade up.

Same stuff happened with Trent Richardson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since Florio and DUI Dog are good friends this probably came from him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we do this, we’re taking Manziel. I am almost positive we won’t, but there’s too much smoke around #JFF for there not to be fire

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bull stuff flies this time of year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t be happy with any pick if we traded up to #2. That would be giving up our entire draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am being dead serious about this. Last night I had a dream that the Bucs picked Johnny Manziel and moved up to get him and I was pretty sure it was with St Louis. Not kidding AT all. Was going to say something but I’m sure it would get laughed at about it, rightfully so. But still thought it was weird, now it’s being reported this

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe they are kicking tires in case Mack goes #1. Clowney is the only guy you consider moving up to #2 for, IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe they like Bortles?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't be happy with any pick if we traded up to #2. That would be giving up our entire draft.

Yeah, would probably cost our first three picks. Not worth it, even for Clowney.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe they like Bortles?

They could trade back and get Bortles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bortles of what?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't be happy with any pick if we traded up to #2. That would be giving up our entire draft.

100% agree...there is NOBODY in this draft that is worth it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For who? Sammy?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really hope any trade ups are off the table.  Stay at 7 or trade back for a ransom.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only way I would stand behind this pick is if it is a QB. That would mean that both L&L are behind the pick and I can trust/respect them wanting their guy. If it’s for a guy like Watkins though, my remote is going through the TV.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they are trading up to no.2 that means they are in love with 2 guys. My guess?Bortles and Clowney.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we do this, we're taking Manziel.

That would be a genius move.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If anything would make me throw my remote through my TV, trading up to #2 would do so. I don’t care who they would end up with, the cost is more than what that one player could do for us. And I’d be especially upset if it was for a quarterback that was expected to sit the entire year.In a draft this deep, I'd rather trade down not up!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’re gonna get trade-raped if this happens.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is roughly a 5% chance this happens but if it does, it’s for Clowney or Manziel

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What if the cost was only a third?  Might be a buyers market. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am being dead serious about this. Last night I had a dream that the Bucs picked Johnny Manziel and moved up to get him and I was pretty sure it was with St Louis. Not kidding AT all. Was going to say something but I'm sure it would get laughed at about it, rightfully so. But still thought it was weird, now it's being reported this

Bish whaaa? ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rams using us to get Cleveland to move up. Has to be it. Maybe we are letting ourselves be used and will get a Glennon trade in return if the deal goes down?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am being dead serious about this. Last night I had a dream that the Bucs picked Johnny Manziel and moved up to get him and I was pretty sure it was with St Louis. Not kidding AT all. Was going to say something but I'm sure it would get laughed at about it, rightfully so. But still thought it was weird, now it's being reported this

when you start dreaming about the Bucs draft and Johnny Manziel, it’s time to take a break from everything related to football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s say the Rams want Robinson and they know they can get him at 7.  Maybe a reasonable price is all it takes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What if the cost was only a third?  Might be a buyers market.

No chance of this, if for no other reason than if that's the cost, the Falcons would gladly pay it.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

What would it cost to move from #7 to #2?Watkins is a stud, and he would be a hell of a player to line up opposite Jackson, but if the cost is high we might as well stick at #7 and target Evans or use a pick on a second round receiver. If it's a trade up for Manziel. I'm not sure how I'd react on that one...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe Glennon could be part of the deal? Swap of picks and Glennon to the Rams? Maybe throw in a 6th? Rams are rumored to be looking for a backup quarterback – I can’t believe that L&L would be talking giving up much in the way of draft picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These smoke screens are so easy to read.  Cmon people.  We surely don’t need another garbage player from Clemson.This one is from someone in St. Louis trying to draw the idiot Browns out for a trade.And it'll probably work.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not sure what we even have to offer to move up to #2. I don’t think this is real. I think we stay put. You never know though…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What would it cost to move from #7 to #2?Watkins is a stud, and he would be a hell of a player to line up opposite Jackson, but if the cost is high we might as well stick at #7 and target Evans or use a pick on a second round receiver. If it's a trade up for Manziel. I'm not sure how I'd react on that one...

Probably our 2nd rounder, no.7 and next years 1st at the least.I am assuming they are targeting 1. Clowney or 2. Bortles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's say the Rams want Robinson and they know they can get him at 7.  Maybe a reasonable price is all it takes.

If Robinson were available at #7, the Bucs would snag him. My guess is that Robinson, Matthews, and Lewan will all be gone before the Bucs pick at 7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably our 2nd rounder, no.7 and next years 1st at the least.I am assuming they are targeting 1. Clowney or 2. Bortles.

Bortles? Bucs will pass on him at #7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WOW@FoxSportsRadio: BREAKING NEWS: "The Cleveland Browns will not draft Johnny Manziel" - @JayGlazer on air with @JTTheBrick

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bortles? Bucs will pass on him at #7.

He wont be there IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WOW@FoxSportsRadio: BREAKING NEWS: "The Cleveland Browns will not draft Johnny Manziel" - @JayGlazer on air with @JTTheBrick

Is that with the #4... or not at all?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is going to have a long wait. Hopefully he isnt going to be there waiting in the green room. He may have to have Drakey sing him a happy song. lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’re not trying to trade up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is going to have a long wait. Hopefully he isnt going to be there waiting in the green room. He may have to have Drakey sing him a happy song. lol.

I can say with 100% confidence, Manziel will not be waiting very long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

c'mon man, sack up!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly I think it's the Rams leaking false info to force a Browns trade up.

Ding Ding Ding! /endthread

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thinking Bucs or somebody else?I got 2/1 odds on the over for Manziel (set at 4.5), so this would be double sweet if he fell to TB (and they took him).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’re not trading up for a wr.bwahhaha. this is for a qb if it happens would be this year’s one glennon and a 3rd most likely this or next year get Ur jff jerseys ready

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think we have enough ammo to trade up and fill the holes we need to fill.If we do trade up to the #2 it has to be for Watkins IMO. There is a fair chance Clowney goes #1 so if we were in love with him we would have to go all the way. If we are in love with Manziel there is a reasonable chance he drops to us anyway, so in my books it has to be Watkins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thinking Bucs or somebody else?I got 2/1 odds on the over for Manziel (set at 4.5), so this would be double sweet if he fell to TB (and they took him).

He is easily the biggest reward QB in this draft with Bridgewater not instilling confidence lately. Too many top teams need a QB, Manziel will be gone in first 10 picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we are in love with Manziel there is a reasonable chance he drops to us anyway

I doubt it.  He will be gone before #7

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well then let’s hope we aren’t in love with Doug Flutie 2 and don’t get dumb enough to trade for anyone in the top of this draft. We are much close to needing to trade back and not up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Michael Johnson is going to be really pissed off. He wants to play RDE. We only would trade up for Clowney. He would become our RDE.Defense is close we need Simeon Rice type player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jeez.. i want them to do it and take JFF just to watch the unreal meltdown here.. Awesomeness.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jeez.. i want them to do it and take JFF just to watch the unreal meltdown here.. Awesomeness.

You probably won't think it's so awesome when the Bucs playoff chances meltdown when he is finally crowned as the starter.. ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You probably won't think it's so awesome when the Bucs playoff chances meltdown when he is finally crowned as the starter.. ;)

There is zero chance the Bucs are trading up to get Manziel.  Not in the cards.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except neither you nor I have any idea how its going to turn out if they do take him.. Its a crap shoot with all of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah because we definitely wouldn’t be moving up for Mack. it can only be Manziel, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would also be hilarious for them to do it and then take Sammy Watkins instead.The Manzrosexuals would flip :"Waaaaaaaaaahhh !!! What !! You don't trade up for a WR !!! You don't trade up for a WR!! How dare they !!! Waaaaaaahhhh!! Waaaaahhhhh!!!""

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would be for  Clowney or Mack.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except neither you nor I have any idea how its going to turn out if they do take him.. Its a crap shoot with all of them.

Mostly yanking your chain, mostly. Though, I still have very little confidence that Manziel will have very much success as a NFL QB...nor a very lengthy career.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

we’d probably still have a 3rd

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I doubt they have him high enough on their board to take him even at #7...but none of us truly know.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I doubt they have him high enough on their board to take him even at #7...but none of us truly know.

He's high enough alright...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also had a dream about us trading up to #2 :o however in my weird ass dream it was for Teddy haha. The only player I can see us moving that far up for is Clowney. If Watkins fell to say…. Cleveland, I can see us swapping picks with them and tossing in a 3rd to keep Oakland from grabbing him. I don’t see Licht’s first draft move as an nfl GM being a trade up for a wr or Manziel. I can see us taking Manziel if he falls to us but we can’t trade up for him. Heck, I don’t think we should trade up period.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

did-O.....it would be must see tv for sure!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mostly yanking your chain, mostly. Though, I still have very little confidence that Manziel will have very much success as a NFL QB...nor a very lengthy career.

Besides, you have NOTHING to worry about since Hate wants him and in that case... There is NO WAY IN HELL they are getting him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would also be hilarious for them to do it and then take Sammy Watkins instead.The Manzrosexuals would flip :"Waaaaaaaaaahhh !!! What !! You don't trade up for a WR !!! You don't trade up for a WR!! How dare they !!! Waaaaaaahhhh!! Waaaaahhhhh!!!""

Those bitching about not trading up for a WR are probably the same ones who bitch that the Bucs didn't trade up for Calvin Johnson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If when i go to bed thursday nite, either Manziel or Watkins is wearing the digitial font, i'm a happy guy!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If when i go to bed thursday nite, either Manziel or Watkins is wearing the digitial font, i'm a happy guy!!

Falcons jersey , hate:nfl_manziel19_jv_600x600.jpgStill want him ?? LOlz

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Besides, you have NOTHING to worry about since Hate wants him and in that case... There is NO WAY IN HELL they are getting him.

That indeed has been the case for over 10 years that I have known Hatedaeagles….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It really ought to be Manzealots or something.  Trying to force the *sexuals dig just isn't working.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want us to draft Manziel just to see how quickly his groupies turn on him. It would be swift and merciless. Seriously though, if this were true.....which I think it is completely bogus BTW....I think the target is either Mack or Manziel. Mack would be Lovie's version of Urlacher for this defense except I'd expect to see him used to rush the passer a bit more. If not Mack, then it has to be Manziel. He's the only guy that the Bucs would believe would be long gone before their pick at 7. I don't agree with it, but if L&L are serious enough to trade up for the guy, then..........Rams make sense as a trade partner. I think they are looking for a QB in this draft to push Bradford but aren't willing to spend a high pick doing it. They're also looking for insurance, as Bradford doesn't have a solid reputation for staying healthy. That said, I think a trade package that includes Glennon and next year's 1st rounder might get it done. Glennon has many of the same physical attributes as Bradford, is smart with the football and has shown some skill at the NFL level. He is probably better than any QB that the Rams could draft after the 2nd round. Again, I think this is a BS smokescreen. The Rams have a "clandestine" meeting with Manziel...now, the Bucs are looking to trade with them. Sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It really ought to be Manzealots or something.  Trying to force the *sexuals dig just isn't working.

Oh but it is , several have taken it up.Besides , it's red board tradition , started by Boid Stink , to put "sexual" at the end of random words. It's part of the joke.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

worse things could happen

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember the song “Cop-Killer” by Ice T. Well, he needs to write a follow up called “Coach-Killer” in honor of Johnny Dirty Money because that is what he will be for the idiot coach that drafts him. I like Lovie so I do not want that to be him. Let one of the other 31 coaches sign their own pink slip. Go in another direction. Dirty Money will be a bust in the NFL. DO NOT DRAFT HIM, TAMPA BAY.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not even close to believable.4 alarm fires worth of smoke now...48 hrs prior.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weren't you the one calling manziel a dragon slayer during the college fb season this year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs are going to be on the clock, Manziel on TV with the phone to his ear, people around him screaming and you idiots will still be posting “smokescreen”or “it’s Watkins or Mack”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way this team trash's this draft for one player            L&L = Value picks  try to get more  IMHO  Thanks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is so obviously a rumor started by the Rams to try and get the Jags or Browns to trade up. Can’t believe anyone buys this for a second. Plus it’s freaking PFT reporting….so yeah.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m ready to put my Manziel jersey order in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell I’ll put on a Scooby Doo costume.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you idiots

True irony.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr.

I raise your Carr with a Johnny Flag Football.  Worst thing to happen IMO by far...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d assume that any Buc’s trade up offers would involve 2015 draft pick and not this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jay Glazer reports that the Browns won’t take Manziel at 4.  Why would the Bucs trade for Manziel now?  I think the Rams’ interest was a smokescreen to get Cleveland to move up.  Otherwise, I don’t get the impression that Jacksonville is interested, and will take either Mack or Watkins.  Oakland has already been reported as not taking a QB.  We’ll see, it’s going to be very interesting in 48 hours.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why would any GM, 2 days before the draft, tell anyone who they are or aren’t taking? Geezus Christ, people!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup.The bucs are going to jump Cleveland and draft manziel. Lovie loves him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schefter and Glazer don’t throw sh!t at the wall. When they report stuff it is true 99% of the time. I’m not saying their word is law, but I wouldn’t bet against them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr.

I raise your Carr with a Johnny Flag Football.  Worst thing to happen IMO by far...

The hype with Manziel has ballooned to rediculous levels....but even still, I'd much rather select him Carr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weren't you the one calling manziel a dragon slayer during the college fb season this year?

He lost quite a few big games last year. Title revoked.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs get Manziel, I’ll be doing cartwheels in my backyard.Manzielophiles be rejoicing!However, if the BUcs get Evans, or Donald, I will be just as pleased.  Robinson is a guy I think might slip to Tampa.  And might be our guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schefter and Glazer don't throw sh!t at the wall. When they report stuff it is true 99% of the time. I'm not saying their word is law, but I wouldn't bet against them.

The only way either of the talking heads know what a front office is planning is if the powers that be told them. I can't see any executive telling them anything of importance and then watch them get on TV and spill it....unless those execs are planting seeds.But that's just me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He lost quite a few big games last year. Title revoked.

Not if Tedford deems him worthy.  Whatever Tedford wants, right Mrs. Flip?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JFF or Clowney are the only players worth a move to 2. Could happen! I’d do cartwheels if either one ends up in pewter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I already said I’d be ok with Manziel although he’s not my 1st choice,  Boid Stink.We know u mad and losing , but try and keep up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JFF or Clowney are the only players worth a move to 2. Could happen! I'd do cartwheels if either one ends up in pewter.

Exactly.  And Jacksonville will take Manziel.  Book that.This is a deep WR class, they will snatch up a WR in round two or three, after they grab their stadium busting QB of the future.  If nothing else, he will sell that empty can out...for a few years anyway.Someone is going tohave to move to Jacksonvilles spot to get him.  And St. Louis is drooling to dump their pick off to anyone who will bite that crappy lure.  Unless the Bucs give up very little, say swap the picks, give them Glennon, and maybe a second next year.  Something so chincy as to make it palatable FOR BUCS FANS.  Otherwise, sit yo azz down, and wait til we get what is going to be a solid prospect.  Whose name hopefully doesn't end in Barr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless the Bucs give up very little, say swap the picks, give them Glennon, and maybe a second next year. 

we could NEVER be that fortunate

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless the Bucs give up very little, say swap the picks, give them Glennon, and maybe a second next year. 

we could NEVER be that fortunate

EVER.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s because Boid loses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll admit it, I’m a Manzealot. I want to see Johnny f@!king Football in a Bucs uniform.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they move up to two, I’d guess it’s because they love both Mack and Clowney.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/06/if-bucs-move-to-no-2-its-for-manziel/JOHNNYHAPPYHAPPY.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not do able.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs can’t give up the amount of picks that would be required to move up. It’s just not going to happen.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Bucs can't give up the amount of picks that would be required to move up. It's just not going to happen.

Agreed. Only way I see it happening is if for some reason we give up picks down the road and not this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs can't give up the amount of picks that would be required to move up. It's just not going to happen.

Agreed. Only way I see it happening is if for some reason we give up picks down the road and not this year.

Or maybe packaging Glennon as part of the deal to reduce the picks we'd have to give up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Frankly, if the trade did happen, I would expect it to involve this year's first, next year's first AND a second or third round pick from this year.  At a bare minimum.  Recall the haul the Rams got in the Griffin trade.  (And then recall that the pick in question actually came from that trade and was originally Washington's, demonstrated the danger of trading away future picks.)As far as it goes, the only way I could see this trade happening is if they really are enamored with one of the quarterbacks, most likely Manziel.  Franchise QBs are the only players worth paying that price for.  I wouldn't be thrilled with the move, but would certainly hope that Manziel proved his doubters wrong and would cheer him on. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ASDFAZSDGRHBGVCRGVD!.............FCV GDTGRVGVBV$RTGVDC%TREFDV^TGV!!!!*spazzing out all over the floor*PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would take at minimum, 2 premium picks. Most likely they would be able to squeeze a 3 out of us for that move. A 2nd or 3rd this year, along with both the 2nd and 3rd next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disagree. Everyone wants to trade back this year. It's a total buyers market. If there was a year to get value moving up, it's this year. Glennon and a 2nd. Take the top rated guard in the 3rd and Huff in the 5th. We can survive with VJax, Murphy, Hawkins, and Huff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1st next year, 3rd this year and Glennon

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell NAW!!Bucs need to keep their firsts.Swapping those spots has to be very favorable for the Bucs.  Otherwise, DON'T pull that trigger.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So much for building thru the draft… Revis all over again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schefter and Glazer don't throw sh!t at the wall. When they report stuff it is true 99% of the time. I'm not saying their word is law, but I wouldn't bet against them.

x2

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Neither Texans or Rams want their pick. Bucs have the advantage. If Rams want to too much we can just say “ok, we’ll call Houston”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So much for building thru the draft... Revis all over again.

Swinging for the fences on a potential franchise QB who's "it" factor is off the charts...vs. injured CB.Yep Revis all over again....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Casserly is convinced no one in the top ten views Manziel as worthy of a top 10 pick. I’m a Manziel lover, just putting this out there

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This isnt happening. Bucs fans dream well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs want clowney although I don’t agree with giving up that much but to keep him away from Atl I’d do it in a heart beat

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell NAW!!Bucs need to keep their firsts.Swapping those spots has to be very favorable for the Bucs.  Otherwise, DON'T pull that trigger.

I am tired of NOT taking a risk. I WANT A FRANCHISE QB!!If manziel is even half as good in the NFL, I take that bet!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Half as good? I’m hoping if we get him he improves and learns from his mistakes earlier. He’s exciting sure but needs to brighten up a bit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

EVERY player is a gamble!You don't reap the rewards of a HOFer unless you DRAFT HIM FIRST!!!We have to try! God damn, people!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But his YouTubez were amazing!!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am tired of NOT taking a risk. I WANT A FRANCHISE QB!!If manziel is even half as good in the NFL, I take that bet!

No sir.If Manziel slips, or the Bucs can do a real Buc friendly swappage down into the #2 spot...Mike Williams would have been a nice offer, as well as swapping the picks, and giving them a second rounder next year...THAT would have been friendly.  Or replace Williams with Glennon.  Something akin to that.Otherwise, Ted Freaking Football WILL be there, and he is a nice option.  I grew enamoured of his heart (even though he is built like a coat rack and is going to get blowed up from time to time..it WILL happen and we WILL cringe), but his knowledge of scheme and defenses, and how to manipulate a field is absolutely stellar.  His mid range arm is very very good, and far stronger than given credit for.  His deep ball is mediocre, below average, IMO, and that will be a huge disadvantage if the Bucs want to keep teams honest.He is a project on the physical level, IMO, not the mental.  He has the brainpan of a vet already...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Casserly is convinced no one in the top ten views Manziel as worthy of a top 10 pick. I'm a Manziel lover, just putting this out there

I agree, Charley! I still think Bridgewater is the first QB taken.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

New tidbit in pft…Texans and Rans desperately trying to trade down….Mack and Matthews respectively.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude, No one will be entirelt happy even if we pass on him. *I* don’t care! *I’LL* be giddy as a schoolgirl!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Half as good isnt nearly good enough to spend a top 10 pick on him...let alone giving up 2 extra premium picks.2. The Bucs can grab a "franchise QB" for a lot less. It doesn't have to be the glamour pick. We still have a lot of holes to fill and are already short a pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

EVERY player is a gamble!You don't reap the rewards of a HOFer unless you DRAFT HIM FIRST!!!We have to try! God damn, people!

You're betting that he is better than three or four very good, high round draft picks. Settle down, bro. I know you like him and all but trading high picks in multiple drafts for a risky player like Manziel is extremely dangerous. MLBs top home run hitters are often among the league leaders in strike outs. Just sayin.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No sir.If Manziel slips, or the Bucs can do a real Buc friendly swappage down into the #2 spot...Mike Williams would have been a nice offer, as well as swapping the picks, and giving them a second rounder next year...THAT would have been friendly.  Or replace Williams with Glennon.  Something akin to that.Otherwise, Ted Freaking Football WILL be there, and he is a nice option.  I grew enamoured of his heart (even though he is built like a coat rack and is going to get blowed up from time to time..it WILL happen and we WILL cringe), but his knowledge of scheme and defenses, and how to manipulate a field is absolutely stellar.  His mid range arm is very very good, and far stronger than given credit for.  His deep ball is mediocre, below average, IMO, and that will be a huge disadvantage if the Bucs want to keep teams honest.He is a project on the physical level, IMO, not the mental.  He has the brainpan of a vet already...

I feel ya Boid. However, if JFF is on this team, it’s still going to be a risk…sometimes you have to go in hard and play hardball. I think if we trade, it will be controversial even IF its buc friendly…But even doing that takes balls.I think Licht will be ok with whatever makes sense.If JFF is on this team, its a win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Casserly is convinced no one in the top ten views Manziel as worthy of a top 10 pick. I'm a Manziel lover, just putting this out there

I agree, Charley! I still think Bridgewater is the first QB taken.

Cass may be correct.There is an incredible amount of media aimed at him, so whatever team drafts himis going to have to put up with the camera.  A LOT.  Even if he is groomed, it will be a fiasco.  But if he wins, it will all be positive.  When you win games, suddenly all that media focus becomes STAR power, something the Bucs lack.  His skillset is very good.  His edge is his edge.  He can play football like a man with his hair on fire.  But that is a lot to deal with.  THat and his size.  It is an obvious issue, but to me, it isn't as big an issue as most think it is.  He has taken shots, and he is smart enough to admit he needs to learn to take care of his body.  And I believe him when he said that.  Sure, there will be times when he does something ridiculous.  But this is football, entertain me!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love JFF but wouldn’t trade much at all to move up for him. I’d stay put and take him or Teddy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys, people will bitch no matter what we do. I want Licht to do WHATEVER the hell he wants and make it happen.You will be raging either way. Just a matter of over what.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys, people will **CENSORED** no matter what we do. I want Licht to do WHATEVER the hell he wants and make it happen.You will be raging either way. Just a matter of over what.

Raging?Who will be?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht has the biggest balls in the biz if he makes a move up to get JFF. That would be the ultimate death bell for his job if he didn’t pan out haha

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want Licht to do WHATEVER the hell he wants and make it happen.

Just as long as "whatever" includes grabbing Manziel, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys, people will **CENSORED** no matter what we do. I want Licht to do WHATEVER the hell he wants and make it happen.You will be raging either way. Just a matter of over what.

Raging?Who will be?

Its either “BOO! We lost Manziel” or “BOO! We got Manziel!” Just a question of which.Licht needs to do what he feels improves this team. Not what we think. Not what I think.Just let it roll and let haters hate, because there will be. No Matter what..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's always your attitude.  Anything at all the bucs do is good in your book.  Come on man, voice an opinion on what you'd like to see them do and stick with it.  I want them to pick Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

gawd, I want Manziel as a Buc as bad as the next Manzielophile does, but no damned way are they risking their necks by giving up firsts for a very risky prospect...who MAY absolutely tear up the NFL if his game translates.  Which I believe it will...but I'm not foolhardy enough to deny that he can bust like Doloris after a JDouble post...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Raging?Who will be?

Its either "BOO! We lost Manziel" or "BOO! We got Manziel!" Just a question of which.Licht needs to do what he feels improves this team. Not what we think. Not what I think.Just let it roll and let haters hate, because there will be. No Matter what..

Disagree with you.If we get him there will be a lot of booing from a lot of posters we have never heard from before...and a few from here like 10lbAss, etc...But quite a few of us will be excited to see what he can do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

but thats the risk EVERY drafted played takes.Don't play scurred, Licht! You want JFF, you get em!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Raging?Who will be?

Its either "BOO! We lost Manziel" or "BOO! We got Manziel!" Just a question of which.Licht needs to do what he feels improves this team. Not what we think. Not what I think.Just let it roll and let haters hate, because there will be. No Matter what..

Disagree with you.If we get him there will be a lot of booing from a lot of posters we have never heard from before...and a few from here like 10lbAss, etc...But quite a few of us will be excited to see what he can do.

Exactly boid, thats my point. Some are going to hate what we do so why hesitate? just DO IT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beetles, I’m telling ya brah, no way in hades is that happening.  If the cost is exorbitant, scuh as giving up another first, it absolutely will not happen.  Not in a billion years.  These are new guys here, and they aren’t going to put their necks on the line for a risky prospect.  If Manziel busts, it will be one of the most EPIC busts of all time.  The hype is unreal.  So heads WILL fall freely from the shoulders of those who made him a Buc.  That is the way that scenario works.  But if he turns into what we think he can…dear Lord we will have missed out yet again.Sigh.But Lovie isn't going to beat you with offense anyway.  We will see a feisty defense, bending but not breaking, and the team will play field position nail biters all season long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

gawd, I want Manziel as a Buc as bad as the next Manzielophile does, but no damned way are they risking their necks by giving up firsts for a very risky prospect...who MAY absolutely tear up the NFL if his game translates.  Which I believe it will...but I'm not foolhardy enough to deny that he can bust like Doloris after a JDouble post...

I love Bridgewater just as much as some of these Manzealots....but no way in hell would I want them to give up anything substantial other than #7 overall to get him. An RG3 type trade just isn't going to workout for the team that is giving up all the picks for a singular player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gawd it would make Buc football so much more fun to watch haha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love Bridgewater just as much as some of these Manzealots....but no way in hell would I want them to give up anything substantial other than #7 overall to get him. An RG3 type trade just isn't going to workout for the team that is giving up all the picks for a singular player.

+1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...until DCs watch how LSU and Florida shut him down...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beetles, I'm telling ya brah, no way in hades is that happening.  If the cost is exorbitant, scuh as giving up another first, it absolutely will not happen.  Not in a billion years.  These are new guys here, and they aren't going to put their necks on the line for a risky prospect.  If Manziel busts, it will be one of the most EPIC busts of all time.  The hype is unreal.  So heads WILL fall freely from the shoulders of those who made him a Buc.  That is the way that scenario works.  But if he turns into what we think he can...dear Lord we will have missed out yet again.Sigh.But Lovie isn't going to beat you with offense anyway.  We will see a feisty defense, bending but not breaking, and the team will play field position nail biters all season long.

Boid. Bruh.Aaron RodgersDo you REALLY want that to happen again?There is risk with EVERY pick, and we will be kicking ourselves more that we missed out. If he pans out, no way in hel in hindsight you wont take that trade looking back.Just ONCE I want us not to be afraid and trust ourselves!!!I don't want to spend another draft memory 5 years from now saying "WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN US?!"Forgive me if I actually want us to have the stones to reach for the stars and have it pay off....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Something tells me this has to do with Watkins or Clowney….. And no one else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Happens all the time.TRENT RICHARDSON.Ask Doloris about that one.  THat fuggin clown faced donkey nut wanted to trade away premium picks to get a RB!Stupid.  It was a stupid idea then, and it was obviously stupid.Giving away a first for Manziel would be very stupid.  The risk is there with him.  He isn't a lock.  I do not see any locks in this draft.  All these guys are solid prospects, but any of them can bust.Like most drafts, it is devoid of surefire hits.  Like Joe Thomas.  That dude was surefire.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For good or bad he will at least keep me in my seat when we have the ball in offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless they hit on the QB.Franchise QB is worth 4 opportunities at starters

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They can hit on a QB by standing PAT at 7.Ted, Bortles, Carr most likely will be there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Happens all the time.TRENT RICHARDSON.Ask Doloris about that one.  THat fuggin clown faced donkey nut wanted to trade away premium picks to get a RB!Stupid.  It was a stupid idea then, and it was obviously stupid.Giving away a first for Manziel would be very stupid.  The risk is there with him.  He isn't a lock.  I do not see any locks in this draft.  All these guys are solid prospects, but any of them can bust.Like most drafts, it is devoid of surefire hits.  Like Joe Thomas.  That dude was surefire.

Whatever we do I have confidence Licht wil think LOOOOOOOOOOONG and hard about it.If Manziel pans out, it's worth it. Thats a fact.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beetles, I'm telling ya brah, no way in hades is that happening.  If the cost is exorbitant, scuh as giving up another first, it absolutely will not happen.  Not in a billion years.  These are new guys here, and they aren't going to put their necks on the line for a risky prospect.  If Manziel busts, it will be one of the most EPIC busts of all time.  The hype is unreal.  So heads WILL fall freely from the shoulders of those who made him a Buc.  That is the way that scenario works.  But if he turns into what we think he can...dear Lord we will have missed out yet again.Sigh.But Lovie isn't going to beat you with offense anyway.  We will see a feisty defense, bending but not breaking, and the team will play field position nail biters all season long.

Boid. Bruh.Aaron RodgersDo you REALLY want that to happen again?There is risk with EVERY pick, and we will be kicking ourselves more that we missed out. If he pans out, no way in hel in hindsight you wont take that trade looking back.Just ONCE I want us not to be afraid and trust ourselves!!!I don't want to spend another draft memory 5 years from now saying "WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN US?!"Forgive me if I actually want us to have the stones to reach for the stars and have it pay off....

Hopefully the Bucs personnel will leave the overwhelming emotions at the door of the War Room.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personally I want Bridgewater. I don’t believe the hype that is his fall. Not for one second. He did nothing to warrant this except have a not so good pro day throwing against air. I say get out of here with that nonsense. If the Bucs trade up I want it to be for either Bridgewater or Donald.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridge is a good candidate to sit for a season, TO PHYSICALLY catch up.  He probably would digest the Bucs playbook in three weeks flat.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully the Bucs personnel will leave the overwhelming emotions at the door of the War Room.

Exactly.Hell, even if we DON'T get Manziel, I just want Licht to ACT and do what HE wants for us. If people hate it, let em hate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whatever we do I have confidence Licht wil think LOOOOOOOOOOONG and hard about it.If Manziel pans out, it's worth it. Thats a fact.

Why are you saying long and hard like that when refering to Licht?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s a MAN’S man. 8)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uhhh…Licht IS going to “ACT” like he cares because it’s his job to.  Not one GM in the league doesn’t care about the pick.And no matter who he picks, peeps will hate.Reality bro. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's a MAN'S man. 8)

We got a penis peeker here folks...penis peeker...^

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uhhh...Licht IS going to "ACT" like he cares because it's his job to.  Not one GM in the league doesn't care about the pick.And no matter who he picks, peeps will hate.Reality bro.

The Browns didn’t :D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridge is a good candidate to sit for a season, TO PHYSICALLY catch up.  He probably would digest the Bucs playbook in three weeks flat.

Yeah this... ideally in a trade back into the 1st. When I look at Teddy to me it's just a physical thing. Dudes scrawny. Besides that you gotta like what he brings to the table.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Browns got cute with themselves.That team is a bumbling bunch of idiots.I mean, Trent Richardson and a 45 year old rookie QB in round 1?  and you traded up to get a running back?Talk about idiocy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uhhh...Licht IS going to "ACT" like he cares because it's his job to.  Not one GM in the league doesn't care about the pick.And no matter who he picks, peeps will hate.Reality bro.

Yup. GMs and HCs dont make picks with the thought of "wait a sec...how will the fan base feel about this??"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly.Hell, even if we DON'T get Manziel, I just want Licht to ACT and do what HE wants for us. If people hate it, let em hate.

Huh?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Skins gave up three firsts and a second to make this deal a few years ago. And people want the Bucs to do the same? SMH.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All I’m saying is, i’m sure Licht would only pull of a trade like that if it damn well was gonna work.He aint no Dom.Manziel works? He comes out of this a Wizard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To be fair…we have no idea what Licht is just yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could there be a connection between the earlier report about shopping glennon, and this report?Weird that those two reports, within close proximity of draft day, came to light like they have. Could they be interested in glennon too?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All I'm saying is, i'm sure Licht would only pull of a trade like that if it damn well was gonna work.He aint no Dom.Manziel works? He comes out of this a Wizard.

Not if the hc and/or glazers put their foot down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personally I want Bridgewater. I don't believe the hype that is his fall. Not for one second. He did nothing to warrant this except have a not so good pro day throwing against air. I say get out of here with that nonsense. If the Bucs trade up I want it to be for either Bridgewater or Donald.

I like Bridgewater a lot... If we trade up for Donald.... I can't be held responsible for my actions. I will rage harder than anyone has ever raged.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It could be that other teams saw what happened with Revis, and they think they can play L’n’L…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If JFF iis on this team it’s because we want to be playoff contenders this year. We get that, it won’t matter if our 1st is gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I definitely don’t see them interested in Glennon. He isn’t any better than Bradford. If the Rams are interested in moving on from Bradford,  they will be in  position to grab either Bridge/Carr/Jimmy G. at the top of the 2nd. I dont see the Rams as a good fit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If JFF iis on this team it's because we want to be playoff contenders this year. We get that, it won't matter if our 1st is gone.

You could take "JFF" out of that sentence and replace it with multiple names.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, that is your opinion. If JFF is the QB we want him to be, I want him on this team above any QB. NO player would do wonders for us like a successful JFF.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did anyone here see Steve Young play in the ol’ Sombrero?Ugly football isn't exciting...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, that is your opinion. If JFF is the QB we want him to be, I want him on this team above any QB. NO player would do wonders for us like a successful JFF.

Its more than opinion. Let's put it into practice."If Blake Bortles is the QB we (the Bucs) want him to be, I want him on this team above any QB. NO player would do wonders for us like a successful Blake Bortles.Now, how do you define "successful"? Does it mean that they realize their potential?  Does Manziel really have higher potential than Bortles? If Bortles realizes his potential, he could easily be Roethlisberger-esque.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did anyone here see Steve Young play in the ol' Sombrero?Ugly football isn't exciting...

I also know he got junior high level coaching in Tampa.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Steve Young sucked because we didn’t cater to him.Chace: I think although it has a greater risk if it fails, Manziel has more of chance of being a true great. Just me.All I know is, *I* will be elated if JFF is a buc. Y'all might not. I will. I hope if he is, he proves doubters wrong and we can all enjoy him together.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If JFF iis on this team it's because we want to be playoff contenders this year. We get that, it won't matter if our 1st is gone.

Enough of the bullshit. The goal every season is to contend for a championship. Championship teams don't trade away premium draft picks.Furthermore, look at the Redskins. They could be picking second this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You Manziel fan boys are too much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Steve Young sucked because we didn't cater to him.Chace: I think although it has a greater risk if it fails, Manziel has more of chance of being a true great. Just me.All I know is, *I* will be elated if JFF is a buc. Y'all might not. I will. I hope if he is, he proves doubters wrong and we can all enjoy him together.

That's the thing...the words "true great". I just have a feeling that the fans that are almost rabid about wanting Manziel, have a much stronger feeling about Manziel becoming great than actual GMs/HCs do...including L&L. So sure, most here would agree that if Lovie and Licht truly feel that a player will be a "true great", then they should try what they must to get him. I seriously doubt they view any player in this draft in that regard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beatles is having a full-on Manzielgasim. Step away from the light, bro. Don’t take the blue pill!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is not the only option in the draft. Far from it. However, IF it happens…you all will be hardpressed to get me down from the high i’ll feel :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is not the only option in the draft. Far from it. However, IF it happens...you all will be hardpressed to get me down from the hugh i'll feel :)

If bridgewater can emulate what he did in college for the pros then he'd be black Peyton manning who just needs some work on deep ball accuracy. If manziel can translate his game to the pros than he will probably be spending half his time on the PUP list

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then it isn’t translated.If he MAKES IT, he'll be a HOFer. I believe that.Look, Teddy is also an option...but Manziel would make me smile ear to ear.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did anyone here see Steve Young play in the ol' Sombrero?

Yes.  Exciting as hell to watch him.  The rest of the team sucked.Young was by far my favorite player on the team in 1986 and he ended up being team MVP that year.    I actually shed a tear the day they traded him for a damn 2nd round pick.  That really sucked.Steve Young was the most exciting QB we have EVER had here.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets be real…if Manziel “MAKES IT” he might be a little better than Michael Vick..pre-dogfighting scandal. He will be exciting, he will make plays, he will win a few division titles and a few playoff games….but HOF? Put down the pipe...The "if he makes it" argument could be used for any of the top 5-6 QBs to justify picking them....that means Manziel is no different from them from that aspect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you can’t see that Manziel can do things that mske his potential greater than any player in a long time, I don’t know what to say to convince you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets be real...if Manziel "MAKES IT" he might be a little better than Michael Vick..pre-dogfighting scandal. He will be exciting, he will make plays, he will win a few division titles and a few playoff games....but HOF? Put down the pipe...The "if he makes it" argument could be used for any of the top 5-6 QBs to justify picking them....that means Manziel is no different from them from that aspect.

Idk if hof remarks should be made for any rookie.And, as you know chace, that's coming from a manziel fan.And slightly above vick pre dogfight days would be an improvement over what we've seen for awhile. Pffft...at this point, I would LOVE just winning the division.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Alright, say HOF is premature, which it is.Special player unlike the rest?Absolutely.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here I am, just saying manziel will be a good nfl qb, then here comes beatles with his “manziel is great!” speech...and people biotch at me for going overboard about manziel. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, I’m saying the kid will be FRANCHISE level and one of the greats, IF he pans out. I am NOT saying others won’t. I’m saying Manziel has a better chance of that happening. He just is that special.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Will Manziel be “special”…maybe…but at the end of the day if say all three of Manziel, Bridgewater, and Bortles max out their potential…they will all three be ranked about equal. Sure, each one will have strengths that then other two may not have…but Manziel’s ceiling really isn’t much higher than the other two, if at all....and his potential is greater than any player in a long time?..So you feel that Manziel's ceiling or potential is higher than that of Andrew Luck??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs were to trade up for Manziel I would lose faith relatively quickly. The more I watch Manziel the more he drops down my board. I have 3 OG's rated higher. Manziel would not be BPA for me until at least round three. The truth is that if you lift away all the hype, he just isn't that good. And he's a freaking midget too!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what a year a difference makes! a year ago people were talking about how this was a QB rich draft class. Now people are unsure about the top Qb’s. This is what happens when there is plenty of time to analyze and knitpick and a players game

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Will Manziel be "special"...maybe...but at the end of the day if say all three of Manziel, Bridgewater, and Bortles max out their potential...they will all three be ranked about equal. Sure, each one will have strengths that then other two may not have...but Manziel's ceiling really isn't much higher than the other two, if at all....and his potential is greater than any player in a long time?..So you feel that Manziel's ceiling or potential is higher than that of Andrew Luck??

Andrew Luck is probably one of top 3 greatest QB prospects ever coming out of Stanford

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A midget.After Russel WilsonA midget is your knock?Besides that, losing faith before a single game--or marking out like me, even--is premature. 'Truth is we know nothing about anything until it happens. At the end of the day it isn't about what WE want or think will happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see how Manziel’s ceiling is high. To me, his ceiling is an exciting QB that loses games as often as he wins games. I think in an optimistic scenario, he’s a middle of the pack starter, and that’s very optimistic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm saying Manziel has a better chance of that happening. He just is that special.

I'm gonna finally have to play my 'BS" card. Here's why. When QBs are coming into the league and trying to adjust and be "the guy", most of the time the biggest hurdle that these young QB have to jump is the mental aspect of the game. If a QB is drafted in the first few rounds, they usually have the physical tools to get it done in the league. So where the elite and good QBs separate themselves is in their game prep, their ability to mentally adjust to the speed, the ability to go through progressions quickly, an excellent grasp of the playbook, ability to read and fool defenses..etc, etc. So yes, while he is able to do some special things with his legs and he doesn't mind taking chances, he still doesn't have an overwhelming advantage over the other top QBs on the mental aspect of the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Will Manziel be "special"...maybe...but at the end of the day if say all three of Manziel, Bridgewater, and Bortles max out their potential...they will all three be ranked about equal. Sure, each one will have strengths that then other two may not have...but Manziel's ceiling really isn't much higher than the other two, if at all....and his potential is greater than any player in a long time?..So you feel that Manziel's ceiling or potential is higher than that of Andrew Luck??

Andrew Luck is probably one of top 3 greatest QB prospects ever coming out of Stanford

Your point?...Beatles' quote was...

If you can't see that Manziel can do things that mske his potential greater than any player in a long time, I don't know what to say to convince you.

Sorry, but his potential is not greater than Luck's, so Manziel's potential is not greater than any player in a long time...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnny will be exciting, but he will not be successful, long-term, in the NFL as a starter unless he learns how to step up into the pocket and throw with pressure in his face. That’s what separates the Great, Good and Bad QBs. If you watch his game tape, he attempts to scramble away from pressure. That can work in some situations, but not against guys like Quinn, Ware, Watt, etc. Defenses in the NFL stay in their gaps and set an edge. Johnny is not an athletically superior person who can avoid that. I'm not saying he's un-athletic, but he doesn't possess elite athleticism.He doesn't have a super strong arm, elite athleticism, high level speed, prototypical size or amazing pocket awareness. So how in the fuck can he be considered a Top Ten pick?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just wanted to point out that Luck coming out of Stanford virtually had no flaws. You put him in any draft the last couple of years he is the no brainer #1 pick. Can’t say the same for manziel

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will concede that your opinion is different than mine, Chace. I don’t think I’ll convince you. I think Manziel has the heart. Something you just can't teach. Something undefinable. The great QB's had it and I think his whole personality is filled with that of a franchise leader. He just has magic in him. The others might, but Manziel has it even more apparently. What I want is to have the ability to say "See guys, i'm glad we have him. We're set for year!" Not "I told you we should have picked this guy!" Manziel, if he works, will be that kind of player. If he works, I want him with US. Others might, but I feel Manziel has the best reward potential in addition to busting . Is he risky? Yeah...nut if he pays off...that team is golden all over.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hear ya, Beat, but the same could be said of any player picked in the draft, ever. If they work out, we’ll be happy we had them. I just don’t see it happening with JFF.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…and im not trying to convince you that your are wrong in thinking that he will be a good QB. That’s fine, and you certainly aren’t alone there. The point im trying to make is that the statements like "if he works or makes it then he will be good"..well that isn't something that can be said exclusively about Manziel. All three of the top QBs have the potential to be great QBs. That is not something that is exclusive for Manziel. Also, just Manziel is more demonstrative on the field, that doesn't mean that he has more heart than any of the other prospects. You could probably talk to coaches from all of the prospects schools, and they would say things like "he is all about football and his team" or "he has that thing that you just can't teach..that "it" factor". A lot of these QBs showed a good amount of leadership as well. I doubt any one of them would have had much success if they weren't leaders of their college teams. I think that the hype and celebrity of Manziel has led people to believe that he is heads and shoulders ahead of the other prospects when it comes to heart or leadership. I don't buy that for a second.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we trade up, I think it’d be for Clowney

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs were to trade up for Manziel I would lose faith relatively quickly. The more I watch Manziel the more he drops down my board. I have 3 OG's rated higher. Manziel would not be BPA for me until at least round three. The truth is that if you lift away all the hype, he just isn't that good. And he's a freaking midget too!!!

wait!  You actually have an actual board?  NERD!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beatles, you’re banking so hard on “if he pans out”. But what if he doesn't? What if he really is too small? Gets destroyed? Has poor mechanics? Can't step up in the pocket? Is a media distraction? Has off field issues?Would that trade still be worth it? Is the team still golden all over?I'd be ok-ish with Manziel at 7. If we give up picks to move up, I don't think it's smart.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beatles, you're banking so hard on "if he pans out". But what if he doesn't? What if he really is too small? Gets destroyed? Has poor mechanics? Can't step up in the pocket? Is a media distraction? Has off field issues?Would that trade still be worth it? Is the team still golden all over?I'd be ok-ish with Manziel at 7. If we give up picks to move up, I don't think it's smart.

I agree with all of this, this team can't afford to trade up. The roster still has too many holes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No duh the team has too many holes.  But the main position is QB and Manziel is the best one to come out since John Elway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s better than Elway. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's better than Elway.

At least now he is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...and im not trying to convince you that your are wrong in thinking that he will be a good QB. That's fine, and you certainly aren't alone there. The point im trying to make is that the statements like "if he works or makes it then he will be good"..well that isn't something that can be said exclusively about Manziel. All three of the top QBs have the potential to be great QBs. That is not something that is exclusive for Manziel. Also, just Manziel is more demonstrative on the field, that doesn't mean that he has more heart than any of the other prospects. You could probably talk to coaches from all of the prospects schools, and they would say things like "he is all about football and his team" or "he has that thing that you just can't teach..that "it" factor". A lot of these QBs showed a good amount of leadership as well. I doubt any one of them would have had much success if they weren't leaders of their college teams. I think that the hype and celebrity of Manziel has led people to believe that he is heads and shoulders ahead of the other prospects when it comes to heart or leadership. I don't buy that for a second.

But he's got swag Chace...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No duh the team has too many holes.  But the main position is QB and Manziel is the best one to come out since John Elway.

Jesus Christ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jesus Christ...

Yup. And Ray Perkins was the next Bear Bryant.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel looks like a midget next to Elway. Terrible comparison. He compares much better to Eric Crouch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His real comparisons are Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even though I’m an admitted Manzealot, I can’t endorse this move. The only way I’d even consider this is to flip flop first round picks, trade them Mike Glennon and maybe a 2nd and 4th round picks in 2015.I damn sure wouldn’t mortgage the future Falcons/Redskins style for a guy who has as many questions as he does answers.Stay at 7, hope Jay Glazer is right and he gets beyond Cleveland and Oakland. If he doesn’t, you still have Carr.Three things could make me throw the remote. Trading up and using multiple first round picks to get there. Drafting Mike Evans. Drafting a defensive player at 7.I’m not an Evans fan – I’d rather have Beckham, Jr or Cooks. I’d be fine with Jake Matthews and moving AC inside. I wouldn’t be fine with any defensive player not named Clowney – the Bucs offense needs some love, Lovie.I wouldn’t trade up for Clowney, either…because you’ll be stripped of picks to help the offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Np6jmBlK1MA[/img]Look familiar dorks??He is Eric Crouch who can score any chick and half of this board is hanging off his nizzut sak. Actually noobs is the better term.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know why I’m responding to you fools.But best prospect since Elway? Better than Elway? LmfaoGtfo!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's better than Elway.

At least now he is.

He going to be straight up garbage in the NFL.  I'm frightened by those that dont see it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Midget Elway …that has a ring to it ….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I get the feeling the Rams have gotten an offer from someone else and they’re spreading this rumor around to entice a better deal from the other team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They forgot to mention the year. This is for the 2015 draft!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/06/if-bucs-move-to-no-2-its-for-manziel/JOHNNYHAPPYHAPPY.gif

hahahaha YESSSSS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For anybody saying it would take an arm and leg to move from 7 to 2, the Dolphins moved from 13 to 3 last year by giving up a 2nd round pick.The Rams getting a kings ransom for RGIII was the exception not the rule because Luck/RGIII were the crowned jewels of that draft.

Please wait…

• kenminio

Participant

IMO, the only person worth moving up for in this draft is Clowney. If the Bucs move up, it is because the Texans have either decided on Mack or JFF with their first pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For anybody saying it would take an arm and leg to move from 7 to 2, the Dolphins moved from 13 to 3 last year by giving up a 2nd round pick.The Rams getting a kings ransom for RGIII was the exception not the rule because Luck/RGIII were the crowned jewels of that draft.

They actually moved from 12 to 3...but regardless, the Rams aren't just going to settle for a 2nd rounder. The difference between what the Dolphins did last year and this years potential move to # 2 is that there is the perception that many teams could be interested in Manziel. Manziel is also a QB, and both of these factors will drive the cost up. That move Washington made had nothing to do with Luck. It was about taking RG3. Luck was not getting past #1 overall. The same rings here. The Rams know that if a team is trading up for #2, it's gonna be for Manziel. It's definitely gonna cost more than just a 2nd. This isn't Dion Jordan we are talking about, and this isn't the lowly Raiders on the other side of the deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They actually moved from 12 to 3...but regardless, the Rams aren't just going to settle for a 2nd rounder. The difference between what the Dolphins did last year and this years potential move to # 2 is that there is the perception that many teams could be interested in Manziel. Manziel is also a QB, and both of these factors will drive the cost up. That move Washington made had nothing to do with Luck. It was about taking RG3. Luck was not getting past #1 overall. The same rings here. The Rams know that if a team is trading up for #2, it's gonna be for Manziel. It's definitely gonna cost more than just a 2nd. This isn't Dion Jordan we are talking about, and this isn't the lowly Raiders on the other side of the deal.

What's funny is the result would be exactly the same.  The team that trades would get Manziel, he would be fine for about 10 games, then he'd get close to killed and would be close to out of the league in three years.  Meanwhile, those dooooooche bags in St.Loo would be competing for championships with the picks they have received in return. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My point was, Luck/RGIII were pretty much 2 ELITE level QB talents that year and everyone knew they were going to be 1-2. You don’t have that this year. I think it’ll take more than a 2 to move up as well, but I also don’t think it’s going to cost as much as some people make it sound here.I think 7, 38, and Glennon gets you real close. Might have to throw in a 4 next year or something like that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's funny is the result would be exactly the same.  The team that trades would get Manziel, he would be fine for about 10 games, then he'd get close to killed and would be close to out of the league in three years.  Meanwhile, those dooooooche bags in St.Loo would be competing for championships with the picks they have received in return.

Because the Rams are competing for championships with the picks they got from the Redskins? Yeah....no. RGIII blowing out his knee had as much to do with terrible turf/dumb coaching than it did how he plays. He didn't get hurt from running around.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Call me crazy but I think, if the Bucs were to trade up to #2 it would be for Sammy Watkins. McCown is Lovie’s guy and I’m sure he wants Josh to succeed with the Bucs. You don’t draft Manziel to carry a clip board, he has to start day one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Call me crazy but I think, if the Bucs were to trade up to #2 it would be for Sammy Watkins. McCown is Lovie's guy and I'm sure he wants Josh to succeed with the Bucs. You don't draft Manziel to carry a clip board, he has to start day one.

So damn true. People that think we brought in McCown to mentor the #7 pick overall are delusional.  They are letting their desire for a specific QB get in the way of reality.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because the Rams are competing for championships with the picks they got from the Redskins? Yeah....no. RGIII blowing out his knee had as much to do with terrible turf/dumb coaching than it did how he plays. He didn't get hurt from running around.

Nope, it had to do with him running around.  Period.  And RGIII has..........had ELITE speed.  Manziel will get killed in the league. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade up for a WR when you don’t have a QB, brilliant plan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade up for a WR when you don't have a QB, brilliant plan.

Better plan.  Draft a QB with no one to throw to. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade up for a WR when you don't have a QB, brilliant plan.

Better plan.  Draft a QB with no one to throw to.

Is Vincent Jackson dead?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's not let the Manziel love cloud things....RG3 took a beating. He originally tweaked that knee vs the Ravens. He was constantly taking shots from defenders because he didn't protect himself.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So because RG3 had Mike Vick syndrome and doesn’t know how to slide or run out of bounds…..Manziel will suck?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kapernick and Wilson haven’t seemed to have too much trouble staying healthy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kapernick and Wilson haven't seemed to have too much trouble staying healthy.

No even close to the same players.  Manziel will have to change too much to succeed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No even close to the same players.  Manziel will have to change too much to succeed.

Then don't compare him to RGIII either, because they're not even close to the same players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beatles is having a full-on Manzielgasim.

i lol'd

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then don't compare him to RGIII either, because they're not even close to the same players.

But one comparison helps his delusional arguments!

Please wait…