Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 40 reply threads

• Author

• fanofkit

Participant

I thought this might be of interest to some, and since this is a slow time I figured I’d share…http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/03/23/michael-sam-rams-hard-knocks/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Michael Sam is great. He really brings out the Red Board’s best minds.

Please wait…

• jeebz116

Participant

The NFL is getting shadier all the time.They need to stay out of politics. Same with the situation about them threatening to take the super bowl away from Atlanta because of some religious liberty law in the state of Georgia.Just stick to football NFL. damn.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that is just a nasty precedence that has been set now. Forcibly draft a gay player…….lose your team

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

as a bucs fan if sam could play football id take him in a heartbeat. hell id take a grey alien with one leg if he could get to the QB better than the bums we have now.

Please wait…

• DanTurksGhost

Participant

It seems the NFL will stop at nothing to attract more people.  Why?  So they can see more revenue at the bottom of their income statement.  While true football fans like me suffer.  All I care about is the product on the field. 

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Michael Sam is great. He really brings out the Red Board's best minds.

You better not be talking about 10lbAmericasJonesToastRodQuarterbackBassy's boyfriend. He'll get mad and go "RAAAAAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRR!!!!!!".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

as a bucs fan if sam could play football id take him in a heartbeat. hell id take a grey alien with one leg if he could get to the QB better than the bums we have now.

pssst - all elite athletes on this planet are at least 1/4 grey alien blood#wakeupsheeple

Please wait…

• DanTurksGhost

Participant

I can’t stop thinking about this.  A lot of this is on the player.  He was well respected in the SEC and then he came out of the closet, started doing a lot of press and dancing shirtless in gay bars.  If he just would of committed himself to the game he probably could have competed. 

Please wait…

• jeebz116

Participant

Figured I’d just go ahead and add this here. This is regarding the NFL potentially blocking ATL from hosting a Super Bowl due to a state law in Georgia being proposed that would allow individuals with religious convictions to be able to refuse service to someone that is in conflict with their views. I.e. a Christian baker can refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding, etc.http://dailysignal.com/2016/03/23/the-nfls-bullying-of-believers/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Figured I'd just go ahead and add this here. This is regarding the NFL potentially blocking ATL from hosting a Super Bowl due to a state law in Georgia being proposed that would allow individuals with religious convictions to be able to refuse service to someone that is in conflict with their views. I.e. a Christian baker can refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding, etc.http://dailysignal.com/2016/03/23/the-nfls-bullying-of-believers/

How can the NFL block something that they award?  Does the city of Atlanta have some claim to hosting a Super Bowl I am unaware of?Speaking as a Christian, why would anyone ever want use your faith to discriminate against another person?  What is our greatest commandment, above all others?  Any who believe their deep seated Christian beliefs command them to deny service, or in any way demean another person (because of who/what they are) is not a practicing Christianity imo.I need to hear the argument for how being forced not to discriminate based on sexual orientation infringes on one's religious freedom.  Would we accept racial discrimination based on moral grounds?

Please wait…

• water130u128

I would never discriminate against another person.  I would suggest people keeping their personal life private.    If he wants to sleep with another man, that is his business… until he wants to tell everyone about it.  Then he made it everyone’s business and some people are not ok with that.  Once he makes it everyone’s business, people are going to feel the way they feel. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So they should marry in secret?  Without the trappings of a ceremony the rest of us enjoy (unless they can find like minded service providers)?Also, not being "OK with it" is fine. No one is saying you or anyone else has to be. I'm saying you shouldn't have the right to deny the product/service you provide everyone else simply because they are gay. There has to be a better reason to deny service. Religious/moral appeals to not make a cake with two grooms on the top fall on deaf ears to this Christian.

Please wait…

• wesleyc

I can't stop thinking about this.  A lot of this is on the player.  He was well respected in the SEC and then he came out of the closet, started doing a lot of press and dancing shirtless in gay bars.  If he just would of committed himself to the game he probably could have competed.

I don't know if he could've been succesful no matter how committed he was. He was a guy who could play well against lesser competition but didn't have the skillset to find a spot in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The NFL is getting shadier all the time.They need to stay out of politics. Same with the situation about them threatening to take the super bowl away from Atlanta because of some religious liberty law in the state of Georgia.Just stick to football NFL. damn.

Stay out of politics? You wanna ban LGBT fans from going to games? What’s next, white and colored sections of the stands? Smh.

Please wait…

• water130u128

So they should marry in secret?  Without the trappings of a ceremony the rest of us enjoy (unless they can find like minded service providers)?Also, not being "OK with it" is fine. No one is saying you or anyone else has to be. I'm saying you shouldn't have the right to deny the product/service you provide everyone else simply because they are gay. There has to be a better reason to deny service. Religious/moral appeals to not make a cake with two grooms on the top fall on deaf ears to this Christian.

You missed the first sentence... "I wouldn't discriminate... as in, I wouldn't deny someone service.  If I sold cake, I wouldn't discriminate on who bought said cake.. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Figured I'd just go ahead and add this here. This is regarding the NFL potentially blocking ATL from hosting a Super Bowl due to a state law in Georgia being proposed that would allow individuals with religious convictions to be able to refuse service to someone that is in conflict with their views. I.e. a Christian baker can refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding, etc.http://dailysignal.com/2016/03/23/the-nfls-bullying-of-believers/

How can the NFL block something that they award?  Does the city of Atlanta have some claim to hosting a Super Bowl I am unaware of?Speaking as a Christian, why would anyone ever want use your faith to discriminate against another person?  What is our greatest commandment, above all others?  Any who believe their deep seated Christian beliefs command them to deny service, or in any way demean another person (because of who/what they are) is not a practicing Christianity imo.I need to hear the argument for how being forced not to discriminate based on sexual orientation infringes on one's religious freedom.  Would we accept racial discrimination based on moral grounds?

Many would. Racism by any other name is racism.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You missed the first sentence... "I wouldn't discriminate... as in, I wouldn't deny someone service.  If I sold cake, I wouldn't discriminate on who bought said cake..

OK, so you would not personally discriminate against homosexuals, but you are sympathetic towards those who do? After all, the gays are out there being all gay where everybody can see them.  Those darn rabble rousers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Makes sense to me why they cut me and not Ethan Westbrooks even though I outperformed him in our production,” he said. “Makes sense why Coach Fisher was very vague the day he cut me from the team.”-Michael Sam (from today)Orrrr, you just aren't that good at football and had very little upside.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that is just a nasty precedence that has been set now. Forcibly draft a gay player.......lose your team

I'm just glad we didn't draft It!Does It still play for one of those Canadian teams?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To those questioning the choice of the bakery, religion and homosexual patronage as it relates to refusal of service. The core of the issue has nothing to do w/ the aforementioned, despite the backwards thinking of the above examples, what is at the heart of the matter resides the honoring of property rights and free market determinants.

Please wait…

• jeebz116

Participant

Stay out of politics? You wanna ban LGBT fans from going to games? What's next, white and colored sections of the stands? Smh.

Dude, what in tarnation are you talking about?Who is banning lgbtrwq's from going to a game?This is about the state of Georgia allowing individuals to not participate in a ceremony that conflicts with their religious convictions.This has nothing to do with who can go to an NFL football game. Did you even read the article? Holy Shit man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want my 17 opening minutes of SportsCenter back.What a waste to spend it on this Hack!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The potential refusal to allow Atlanta a SB (in this case relating to a homosexual matter) is a good example of free market determinant at work.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The potential refusal to allow Atlanta a SB (in this case relating to a homosexual matter) is a good example of free market determinant at work.

So the NFL is refusing service to a client for their beliefs.How ironic.When a little baker refuses service to a client because of their beliefs, they get a HUGE FINE.How much should the NFL get fined if a little baker gets fined $135,000?#fingIrony!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To those questioning the choice of the bakery, religion and homosexual patronage as it relates to refusal of service. The core of the issue has nothing to do w/ the aforementioned, despite the backwards thinking of the above examples, what is at the heart of the matter resides the honoring of property rights and free market determinants.

Yes, very similar to how our Civil War was fought over state's rights.............

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So the NFL is refusing service to a client for their beliefs.

No. In fact not at all. That's just the stupid in you talking again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought this might be of interest to some, and since this is a slow time I figured I'd share...http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/03/23/michael-sam-rams-hard-knocks/

Meanwhile in other news83807578.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would never discriminate against another person.  I would suggest people keeping their personal life private.    If he wants to sleep with another man, that is his business... until he wants to tell everyone about it.  Then he made it everyone's business and some people are not ok with that.  Once he makes it everyone's business, people are going to feel the way they feel.

This is a bunch of bull.  This country was founded on the basis of Freedom of Speech.  And religious freedom.  He can do whatever the hell he wants in our country without you having to worry about it. It's only your business if YOU make it your business. Ignore it if you want, but don't tell someone to sit in a corner if they have views that are not in agreement with yours. You obviously don't care how he feels so why the hell should he have to care about how you feel and not talk about it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, very similar to how our Civil War was fought over state's rights.............

You see similarities to this with the Civil War states rights issue? Well that must be interesting for you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You see similarities to this with the Civil War states rights issue? Well that must be interesting for you.

Yes.  Calling this a "property rights and free market determinants" issue is like calling the Civil War a "state's rights" issue. It takes the same mindset.  To call blatant discrimination a free market determinant is the same intillectual sleaze imo.  The mob doesn't get to trample the minority in my America.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes.  Calling this a "property rights and free market determinants" issue is like calling the Civil War a "state's rights" issue. It takes the same mindset.  To call blatant discrimination a free market determinant is the same intillectual sleaze imo.  The mob doesn't get to trample the minority in my America.

Oh boy. Claiming your analogy to be my mindset seems a bit dishonest don't you think? I mean this your analogy, not mine. In the world of reality, that argument makes you look like a fool.

Please wait…

• rpratto

Participant

I would never discriminate against another person.  I would suggest people keeping their personal life private.    If he wants to sleep with another man, that is his business... until he wants to tell everyone about it.  Then he made it everyone's business and some people are not ok with that.  Once he makes it everyone's business, people are going to feel the way they feel.

This is exactly it.  I don't go around waving my banner and proclaim "straight pride".  I don't get on podiums and announce "Hey, I'm openly straight.  That's my wife over there."  Sexual preferences should be kept in the bedroom.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have to laugh. Even when the altruistic grievance mongers get the benefit of the free market they still want to find something to grind their axe about. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly it.  I don't go around waving my banner and proclaim "straight pride".  I don't get on podiums and announce "Hey, I'm openly straight.  That's my wife over there."  Sexual preferences should be kept in the bedroom.

I am surprised you don't want to go around yelling "straight pride."  I mean, didn't you get upset when they told you and your girlfriend you couldn't get married or adopt? How about that time you got beat up for bring straight? Better yet, what about when you didn't get that job? How about when you were told by your boss that he didn't like your lifestyle choice of having a girlfriend? Yeah, didn't he say if he treated you fairly he'd have to treat pedophiles fairly? Yeah, that was funny!(If the sarcasm isn't coming through its a bit absurd for someone in the majority to say about minorities that suffer discrimination, "hey, I don't run around saying 'hey, majority pride!")

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m pretty sure teams have a choice to be on the show. This is BS.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm pretty sure teams have a choice to be on the show. This is BS.

Unless no one volunteers, then they strong arm someone. Fisher is Goodell's lap dog.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL is the Evil Empirehttp://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/georgia-governor-veto-religious-freedom-law-n-c-sued-lgbt-n546636Oh wait . . . GA Governor is Darth Vader

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh boy. Claiming your analogy to be my mindset seems a bit dishonest don't you think? I mean this your analogy, not mine. In the world of reality, that argument makes you look like a fool.

I agree its a little crazy for TK to say he knows your mindset and you might very well see it as a "property rights and free market determinants" issue now, but it absolutely was a religious issue for the bakery back then. The owners were aware of the potential conflict before the couple shopped at their store because of a WA law passed previously and, IIRC, an issue with a bakery in WA.  With that issue in their mind, the owners of the OR bakery made a knowing and informed choice to violate a public accommodation law (presumably passed with the support of voters, or at least their representatives) on religious grounds. In fact, they sort of road the cause celebre a bit.  Here's one of the actual rulings, definitely religion v. homosexuality, not property rights:http://www.oregon.gov/boli/SiteAssets/pages/press/BOLI%20Sweet%20Cakes%20Interim%20Order.pdfthe GA law is a not-so-distant cousin to the OR bakers' effort . . . and Jim Crow laws.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i find it weird he busted out because youd think a big strong fired up man whos job is to grab other dudes and lay on them would be gung ho to be the best ever. especially when he gets paid to do what he really loves.jk jk dont get all mad

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is why you don’t draft the “first” openly homosexual player.Not because he can't play football, or because he is gay, ..it's because HE, or the people around him/media will do and say almost anything to turn it into some sort of pitty-me party or charity (which keeps 90%).This crap doesnt go on if people actually wanted gay football players playing. It hurts them more than helps.

Please wait…

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.