Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 34 reply threads

• Author

• TampaBucks05

Participant

TigerNet.com ?@ClemsonTigerNet  5m5 minutes agoReport: Lawson's shoulder flagged at NFL combine (@shaq_lawson90): http://bit.ly/1SVSHG9  #Clemson

I will be furious if we take this guy in any of the first FOUR rounds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude’s not even on my board… for a litany of reasons.What is it with Clemson strength and conditioning issues?This is way too common a thread/theme for quite some time for there not to be a root cause.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.buccaneers.com/videos/videos/Lawson-Im-Passionate-About-the-Game/d4f2d156-1b9a-4070-85c3-578e2d462d88

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im fine with him falling to us in the 2nd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im fine with him falling to us in the 2nd.

Amen.Pick up Bosa, buckner, or jack in the first, and shaq in the second.Woooooooo![Takes off shirt, runs around swinging it over head]Then again, i just want the first two picks to be DL related.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i would def take a flier on him and Jaylon Smith just not with our first pick.. It makes it that much more important to trade Glennon for a second that way we can snag both of these guys. i would call this the steal of the century if this happens.go bucs!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dang I was one of the few that liked Lawson but not at 9 now with this news.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's bad news for him, for sure.But, the guy will eventually heal. And, IF he's super-talented, it might be alright to play the waiting game.It's one of the good ways to create loyalties to a team as well.I'm not thrilled with it, and i think they would be better off going elsewhere with their picks, but I'm also not talking, sitting with him, or looking closely at the injury, so idk. If they feel its worth it, it might be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone needs to fire the strength and conditioning guy at Clemson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's bad news for him, for sure.But, the guy will eventually heal. And, IF he's super-talented, it might be alright to play the waiting game.It's one of the good ways to create loyalties to a team as well.I'm not thrilled with it, and i think they would be better off going elsewhere with their picks, but I'm also not talking, sitting with him, or looking closely at the injury, so idk. If they feel its worth it, it might be.

1. We don’t know it’ll heal.2. While so many are scared of another Bowers or Adams, I'm scared of another Clayborn.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tough news. He is the most complete 4-3 DE in the draft.  Maybe we can get him in the 2nd

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No when a guy like this drops, you bypass him period. See Bowers, Price, et al.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Noted Doc but we don't know anything about the "flagging." I don't pretend to have any idea what the issue is.  It certainly didn't affect his play this year.  Good thing every team passed on Gronk cuz of concerns with his back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Noted Doc but we don't know anything about the "flagging." I don't pretend to have any idea what the issue is.  It certainly didn't affect his play this year.  Good thing every team passed on Gronk cuz of concerns with his back.

Ironically Doc is one of my family nicknames. But I digress; perhaps this is why Dodd is rated higher than Lawson in a lot of places. Dodd looks more physically fit. Very concerned.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ironically Doc is one of my family nicknames. But I digress; perhaps this is why Dodd is rated higher than Lawson in a lot of places. Dodd looks more physically fit. Very concerned.

I'm aware that I'm a lot higher on Lawson than many on here are. Anybody who rates Dodd higher than Lawson is fairly clueless IMO. Lawson plays a better power game, is more agile and is a more advanced pass rusher.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys have to be out of your damn minds talking about drafting this guy now… Did some of yall just start following this team last year or what

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tough news. He is the most complete 4-3 DE in the draft.  Maybe we can get him in the 2nd

I think you could get him later than that. Not sure I would touch him till atleast the 5th or at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys have to be out of your damn minds talking about drafting this guy now... Did some of yall just start following this team last year or what

You draft players not jerseys.  Evaluate the player and put him on the board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys have to be out of your damn minds talking about drafting this guy now... Did some of yall just start following this team last year or what

Agreed. As for Lawson, let’s see what happens with six weeks of rehab DR. Spurzo. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think Lawson is worth the #9 even perfectly healthy, but let’s wait until we get a bit more info than ‘flagged’ before we scratch him off the board entirely.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think Lawson is worth the #9 even perfectly healthy, but let's wait until we get a bit more info than 'flagged' before we scratch him off the board entirely.

Fair enough. Six weeks. A lot can happen in six weeks, good or bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. As for Lawson, let's see what happens with six weeks of rehab DR. Spurzo. Lol.

Haha agreed.  Who knows maybe it's some awful shoulder condition and he is indeed undraftable. Just saying I liked him healthy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. As for Lawson, let's see what happens with six weeks of rehab DR. Spurzo. Lol.

Haha agreed.  Who knows maybe it's some awful shoulder condition and he is indeed undraftable. Just saying I liked him healthy

Also fair enough. On one hand I agree; Lawson is more polished. He’s put more good stuff on tape. Otoh I’m more certain Dodd hasn’t peaked yet. But who knows. We may go DT and make this moot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also fair enough. On one hand I agree; Lawson is more polished. He's put more good stuff on tape. Otoh I'm more certain Dodd hasn't peaked yet. But who knows. We may go DT and make this moot.

PFF has Dodd rated as one of their most over rated draft prospects. For what its worth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Shaq interview tonight. He said he’s good to go. Hmm. Dr. Spurzo you may be correct!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also fair enough. On one hand I agree; Lawson is more polished. He's put more good stuff on tape. Otoh I'm more certain Dodd hasn't peaked yet. But who knows. We may go DT and make this moot.

PFF has Dodd rated as one of their most over rated draft prospects. For what its worth.

Dodd will be 24 when the season starts.  He had 0 sacks in his first 24 games with Clemson.  He did finish his career strong.  He ran slow (4.86 with a 1.70 split) and at his pro day jumped 30.5 and 9.2 broad with a 4.44 short shuttle and 7.31 3-cone.Lawson ran 4.70 with a 1.64 split, jumped 33 with a 10.0 broad. He ran a very impressive 4.21 short shuttle and 7.16 3-cone.  Shaq is the better athlete, the more polished product and he's two years younger.Also just saw this from Matt Miller Matt MillerVerified account?@nfldraftscoutShaq Lawson correction: That's at least a dozen teams PASSED him on physical. Sounds like 1-2 teams flagged him on shoulder.https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/710496466096283648

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Flagged is vague. It may also be that they saw him at a different time. Earlier perhaps?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Flagged is vague. It may also be that they saw him at a different time. Earlier perhaps?

Could be.  Hopefully it means the issue is subsiding.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dodd will be 24 when the season starts. 

Myles Jack is only 20, will be 21 in Sept. That is quite a difference.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dodd will be 24 when the season starts. 

Myles Jack is only 20, will be 21 in Sept. That is quite a difference.

No doubt a great player, but it would a wasted pick considering that there is a greater need for  DL upgrades, bolstering the Secondary, the OL needing bodies, and even possibly a WR...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saw on Twitter, from Josh Norris (Rotoworld), that it was the Jags who flagged his shoulder and was due to a dislocated shoulder his freshman year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another Clemson DE… with an injury?! Hell no, not in round 1,2, or 3. No way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saw on Twitter, from Josh Norris (Rotoworld), that it was the Jags who flagged his shoulder and was due to a dislocated shoulder his freshman year.

So basically it’s bogus. Sounds like they want him to drop to Round 2.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see both sides here.  I had a dislocated shoulder years ago myself and I can say with 100% certainty that they never fully heal.  You just have to learn to deal with it.On the flip side, if it happened his freshman year he has apparently learned to deal with it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see both sides here.  I had a dislocated shoulder years ago myself and I can say with 100% certainty that they never fully heal.  You just have to learn to deal with it.On the flip side, if it happened his freshman year he has apparently learned to deal with it.

3 years later yes.

Please wait…

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.