Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• buccaneer4ever

Participant

Just days after Tom Brady’s Deflategate suspension was overturned, new attention is being given on the earlier Patriots cheating scandal, known as Spygate.An ESPN Outside the Lines report, citing interviews with more than 90 sources around the NFL, says that the Spygate cheating lasted “at least 40 games over a period of several seasons from 2000 to 2007,” and that the league never fully investigated all the accusations against the team.According to the report, the taping of opponents’ signals reached the point where the Patriots had diagrams of the stolen signals that they could use during games.The report also says that other teams were much more upset about the Patriots’ cheating than they let on, because NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell convinced the rest of the league not to press the issue. Former Rams coach Mike Martz, whose team lost to the Patriots in Belichick’s first Super Bowl, said he was pressured by a “panicked” Goodell to issue a statement saying he was satisfied by the league’s investigation of the Patriots. Martz said he agreed to go along with Goodell’s request to issue a statement backing the league not because he was completely satisfied by the investigation, but because Goodell convinced Martz that a prolonged scandal could badly damage the league.Anyone who thought the Deflategate ruling was going to end any talk of the Patriots cheating is sorely mistaken. Both Deflategate and Spygate are stories that will have legs.

I highly suggest everyone read the ESPN report. It's pretty damning against Goodell and the Patriots.Link: http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“The Patriots knew 75‰of the Bucs defensive plays before the snap.” You really had to steal hand signals against that much cover 2?

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Sick of that whole crowd. I hope they go 0-16.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My favorite part is the story about the low level patriots employee who would sneak in and steal the opponent’s offensive play sheet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everybody does this stuff.  #witchhunt

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everybody does this stuff.  #witchhunt

When 90+ sources come out and say that "everybody does this stuff", it might carry more weight. However, I'm more inclined to believe that there is a culture of cheating in New England.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"The Patriots knew 75‰of the Bucs defensive plays before the snap." You really had to steal hand signals against that much cover 2?

Yes...it maybe Cover 2, but there are a number of defensive plays involved...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"The Patriots knew 75‰of the Bucs defensive plays before the snap." You really had to steal hand signals against that much cover 2?

Yes...it maybe Cover 2, but there are a number of defensive plays involved...

I know. I was joking kind of. Spygate still pisses me off. I remember the Patriots used to go 5 wide with impunity back in the day, something no other team could do consistently without getting their QB killed. When you know what coverage or pass rush scheme your facing not such a concern though...

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

That’s a great article. New England definitely cheated better than everyone. The fact that it goes back to 2000 & Goodell destroyed the tapes pisses me off. They built a dynasty on talent & cheating.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sports Illustrated is now joining the fray with its own report:

When it rains, it pours.The Patriots are finding that out the hard way this morning, as for the second time a major investigative piece has accused the team of widespread cheating. First there was ESPN’s investigation revisiting Spygate. And now comes a Sports Illustrated report that also says there’s a perception in the NFL that the Patriots routinely break the rules to gather information about the opposition.According to the report, at least 19 NFL teams — most of the league — have confirmed that they took precautions against the Patriots that they didn’t take against any other opponent, because they were more concerned about spying when they faced the Patriots than they were when they faced any other opponent. Steps teams have taken against the Patriots include running fake plays during walk-through practices in case the Patriots were spying, not leaving anything sensitive in the trash at their hotels in New England, declining the Patriots’ offer to use their facilities, blocking off the visitors’ locker room at Gillette Stadium to keep Patriots employees out, sweeping for bugs, and telling the Patriots’ visiting locker room manager to leave because they didn’t trust him not to spy.One team told Sports Illustrated that it butted heads with the Patriots over locking the doors to the visitors’ locker room, with the Patriots telling them they couldn’t because it’s a fire code violation, and the team telling the Patriots to go ahead and report them to the fire chief if they wanted, but that the visitors’ locker room doors would be locked. (Patriots spokesman Stacey James denies that ever happened.)Both the ESPN report and the Sports Illustrated report suggest that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was determined to crack down on the Patriots for Deflategate in part because many teams think Goodell failed to come down hard enough on the Patriots for Spygate. Goodell denies that. But there’s no denying the perception around the league that the Patriots are cheaters.

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/08/report-most-teams-take-extra-precautions-to-combat-patriots-spying/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d sell my soul for the Bucs to win as much as the Pats. Who cares about the tactics as long as they are getting results. They aren't killing anyone, this isn't the Hunger Games. Hope the Pats win the Super Bowl again this year (since the Bucs have no chance) just to see Goodell hand the trophy over to Kraft. The awkwardness would be hilarious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who wants to bet me that our team was one of the 12 taking no special precautions when playing NE?Fuck if we didn't just belly up and joint practice with them.  Not that BB would likely waste time trying to steal shit from us.  Maybe that was like preseason warm up for the thieves?  At least it got Schiano paid a little bit after we ran him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd sell my soul for the Bucs to win as much as the Pats. Who cares about the tactics as long as they are getting results. They aren't killing anyone, this isn't the Hunger Games. Hope the Pats win the Super Bowl again this year (since the Bucs have no chance) just to see Goodell hand the trophy over to Kraft. The awkwardness would be hilarious.

I could never hope for any Boston, NY, or Philly team to win at any sport. Sorry.....not in me.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I'd sell my soul for the Bucs to win as much as the Pats. Who cares about the tactics as long as they are getting results. They aren't killing anyone, this isn't the Hunger Games. Hope the Pats win the Super Bowl again this year (since the Bucs have no chance) just to see Goodell hand the trophy over to Kraft. The awkwardness would be hilarious.

I could never hope for any Boston, NY, or Philly team to win at any sport. Sorry.....not in me.

Why because they've murdered Tampa in almost every sports over the years?

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

but you went to college in North Carolina so "GO Panthers!"I could never hope for any Boston, NY, or Philly team to win at any sport. Sorry.....not in me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“If you ain’t cheating, you ain’t the patriots.”I've been saying that they have been cheaters the whole time bill has been running the show.Its complete bullsh1t that those aholes can literally PAY their way to a superbowl. Hell, id give up a first round pick and 500k each year to go to superbowl, thats nothing. And then, to just place it on the shoulders of the next guy, so that way, its not continuously the same guy getting caught. Brilliant.I say suspend the whole damn team. Whoever plays them gets an automatic win for that week, and a extra bye week.Those a holes need to be taught a real lesson, or they're just going to keep doing it.Btw, ...who said there wasn't favouritism in football? Jthomas just mentioned it being the wwe, and now, he's pretty much right.Fire goodell, suspend the patriots.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Fire goodell, suspend the patriots.

Let's just lock out all the teams and be done with it. That's the only way to 100% prevent cheating.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve defended Goodell for a while.  No more.  I don’t know how John Q Public can trust him after all this?  The Pats cheating definitely affected the outcome of games and the integrity.  He covered it up.  Either for Kraft or for the shield. 

Please wait…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.