Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• NYC Bucs Fan

Participant

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/04/report-raiders-rule-out-a-quarterback-at-no-5/Don't think this is a smokescreen...but may not bode well foort Bucs chances at Watkins or Evans.

• Anonymous

Inactive

if its on the internet, it’s gotta be true!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smokescreen.

• Anonymous

Inactive

if its on the internet, it's gotta be true!!

Talk all the sh*t you want, Vic Tafur knows his stuff when it comes to the Raiders.  And he's not the type to publish something for the sake of getting hits.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see Oakland taking Watkins, Evans or Lewan. After trading for Schaub there’s a better chance they go QB in the 2nd round.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be surprised if they took a QB. I bet they trade down with somebody trying to jump Atlanta for an OT.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Talk all the sh*t you want, Vic Tafur knows his stuff when it comes to the Raiders.  And he's not the type to publish something for the sake of getting hits.

As much as Roy and Rick know the Bucs...

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder how many GMs share their draft plans with the local hacks?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Raiders are in win now mode with the moves they made. I could see them taking a WR in round 1 and drafting a QB later on

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who knows what is true or not but “team sources” only leak info they want to be publically known the week of the draft to the beat writers. If this is true and they do covet Watkins for example, why let teams know that they won’t take a QB at #5 and give them a chance to trade up before them

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please let them take Evans… he will be just another Raiders bust.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is ours for sure now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Raiders will trade for Glennon and the Bucs will pick Manziel.

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW (not much?), Charlie Campbell posted the same thing two days ago on WalterFootball.com.  And the way he gushes about Greg Olson makes me wonder if he’s his source.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I always lived by the mantra “believe half of what you see and NONE of what you hear”…..and that’s BEFORE I started using the internet!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone in Oakland’s building has their job on the line this year, they just traded for Schaub to be the starter and went after several veterans in free agency. They are not drafting a QB at 5, in fact I don’t think they take any QB at all. They need a winning season this year and an immediate impact player, not someone to sit behind Schaub right now.

• shanesnyder

Participant

Why would they come out with this report now? You think they just finished evaluating the top of the draft? Likely a smokescreen, but time will tell.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone in Oakland's building has their job on the line this year, they just traded for Schaub to be the starter and went after several veterans in free agency. They are not drafting a QB at 5, in fact I don't think they take any QB at all. They need a winning season this year and an immediate impact player, not someone to sit behind Schaub right now.

I don't believe anyone who's job is on the line would feel comfortable handing the job over to Schaub on a silver platter. LOLThere's a reason they traded Pryor a few weeks ago . Making room for the new guy. If it's not at 5 it will be with their 2nd pick.

• Anonymous

Inactive

While we’re on the topic of bulletproof media reports:http://nfltraderumors.co/report-texans-not-100-percent-sold-on-jadeveon-clowney/Report: Texans Not 100 Percent Sold On Jadeveon ClowneyIan Rapoport reports that after discussing the idea of the Texans drafting Jadeveon Clowney with the No. 1 overall pick with people close to GM Rick Smith, it’s “no longer a certainty” that he is the first pick.Rapoport adds that the team isn’t “100 percent sold” on Clowney and are willing to trade out of the top spot.This coincides with what Peter King mentioned last week. Both King and Rapoport specifically mentioned Buffalo LB Khalil Mack as a name to watch in regards to Houston.Of course, the Texans could still take a quarterback with their first-round pick, but King still expects them to come away with more of a “sure thing.”Interestingly enough, Auburn OT Greg Robinson could still be in the mix for them, but some have suggested that he would most likely be an option only if they were to move back.At the very least, this sets up some serious intrigue in the days leading up to Thursday’s draft.We have Clowney going No. 1 overall for now in our recently updated 2014 NFL Mock Draft, but that could change in our final mock draft that will be posted on Wednesday.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i fully believe that the Texans want Mack

• Anonymous

Inactive

I cant breathe thru all of this smoke…….Browns could be plotting to snag a tacklePosted by Mike Florio on May 4, 2014, 8:45 PM EDTWhen Browns G.M. Ray Farmer openly gushed about receiver Sammy Watkins, it became clear that Farmer hopes someone takes Watkins before the Browns pick at No. 4 — unless Farmer has gone next level with his smokescreening.Assuming Farmer was engaging in a more basic misdirection, the question becomes who do the Browns want, if they don’t want a wideout?Despite a glaring need at quarterback, the Browns could be planning to take a tackle.  Even with Joe Thomas anchored on the left side and center Alex Mack in place at big money for the next two years, Super Bowl XLVIII established conclusively the importance of having quality pass blockers on each side of the line.  The idea of the right tackle being more of a road-grading run blocker than an athletic bookend to the blind-side protector could be on the verge of becoming obsolete.So that puts the Browns in play for Greg Robinson (pictured), Jake Matthews, or Taylor Lewan.  And it could mean that two or three tackles could be gone by the time the Raiders pick at No. 5, just like last year when three of the first four picks were tackles.Then, the Browns can draft their next quarterback with the 26th pick in round one — or perhaps trade back up into the teens to get him.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/04/browns-could-be-plotting-to-snag-a-tackle/

• Anonymous

Inactive

This has more smoke in the air than a N.W.A. concert in 1988.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two teams in this thread alone now clearly posturing for a QB .Good news on the Sammy Watkins front.

• Anonymous

Inactive

While we're on the topic of bulletproof media reports:http://nfltraderumors.co/report-texans-not-100-percent-sold-on-jadeveon-clowney/Report: Texans Not 100 Percent Sold On Jadeveon ClowneyIan Rapoport reports that after discussing the idea of the Texans drafting Jadeveon Clowney with the No. 1 overall pick with people close to GM Rick Smith, it’s “no longer a certainty” that he is the first pick.Rapoport adds that the team isn’t “100 percent sold” on Clowney and are willing to trade out of the top spot.This coincides with what Peter King mentioned last week. Both King and Rapoport specifically mentioned Buffalo LB Khalil Mack as a name to watch in regards to Houston.Of course, the Texans could still take a quarterback with their first-round pick, but King still expects them to come away with more of a “sure thing.”Interestingly enough, Auburn OT Greg Robinson could still be in the mix for them, but some have suggested that he would most likely be an option only if they were to move back.At the very least, this sets up some serious intrigue in the days leading up to Thursday’s draft.We have Clowney going No. 1 overall for now in our recently updated 2014 NFL Mock Draft, but that could change in our final mock draft that will be posted on Wednesday.

Translated.  The Texans are already working behind the scenes to get Clowney signed prior to the draft.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two teams in this thread alone now clearly posturing for a QB .Good news on the Sammy Watkins front.

hmmm......

• Anonymous

Inactive

There still might be a chance. VJax, Watkins, and ASJ. That would be a sick core for McCown.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s like I’ve been saying, they’ll pick a wr. They're the raiders, it's what they do.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's like I've been saying, they'll pick a wr. They're the raiders, it's what they do.

Al's dead....and they gave James Jones a nice piece of change. There's still hope!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

While we're on the topic of bulletproof media reports:http://nfltraderumors.co/report-texans-not-100-percent-sold-on-jadeveon-clowney/Report: Texans Not 100 Percent Sold On Jadeveon ClowneyIan Rapoport reports that after discussing the idea of the Texans drafting Jadeveon Clowney with the No. 1 overall pick with people close to GM Rick Smith, it’s “no longer a certainty” that he is the first pick.Rapoport adds that the team isn’t “100 percent sold” on Clowney and are willing to trade out of the top spot.This coincides with what Peter King mentioned last week. Both King and Rapoport specifically mentioned Buffalo LB Khalil Mack as a name to watch in regards to Houston.Of course, the Texans could still take a quarterback with their first-round pick, but King still expects them to come away with more of a “sure thing.”Interestingly enough, Auburn OT Greg Robinson could still be in the mix for them, but some have suggested that he would most likely be an option only if they were to move back.At the very least, this sets up some serious intrigue in the days leading up to Thursday’s draft.We have Clowney going No. 1 overall for now in our recently updated 2014 NFL Mock Draft, but that could change in our final mock draft that will be posted on Wednesday.

Translated.  The Texans are already working behind the scenes to get Clowney signed prior to the draft.

How would signing him before the draft help, rookie salaries are slotted?

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's like I've been saying, they'll pick a wr. They're the raiders, it's what they do.

Al's dead....and they gave James Jones a nice piece of change. There's still hope!!

I could also see them surprising and going with Evans instead. They have quick smallish wr's now with Denarious Moore and Jones. A big strong #1 like Evans may be the better compliment to those guys.

• Anonymous

Inactive

How would signing him before the draft help, rookie salaries are slotted?

There's still some negotiation that takes place. 

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.