Viewing 33 reply threads

• Author

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Greg Auman

Verified account

@gregauman

18m
      The hope/expectation with Kwon was that he would be healthy for start of the season. Working hard toward that. Beckwith should be fine — he’ll be 18 months removed from injury by season’s start. Cichy another potential return as well. Bucs still easily could address LB in draft.

How positive are we that the Bucs bring Kwon back? He’s got to be a fan favorite and obviously a leader on defense
      7:03 PM – 28 Jan 2019

@gregauman

17m
      Greg Auman Retweeted matt
      Not positive at all. It’s up to Kwon. Team has said they want him back, but no way of knowing how much they’ll commit to a player still returning from surgery. If another team is willing to guarantee more money, he could easily sign elsewhere.

@gregauman

9m
      Alexander is an unrestricted free agent, so it’s completely up to him. I’d think he wants to stay in Tampa as well, but he’s waited four years to be able to raise his value on the open market, too. Interested to see …

Please wait…

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

His play and leadership really contributed a lot to this defense being one of the leagues worst for years, so how do we replace that? With pretty much anybody.

Please wait…

• The Anomaly

Participant

He was too slow before the injury.

Sorry.  Gotta go.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

He was too slow before the injury.

Sorry. Gotta go.

Agree they should let him walk for big money, but not for that reason.
      He plays recklessly and is all over the place, frequently out of position. But I wouldnt say he is slow.
      It will be interestig to see if Bowles thinks he can work with him, and they want to invest big dollars.

Please wait…

• bucboi813

Participant

Spend that money on cj Mosley  hands down he can play 3-4 or 4-3 or bucannon  as a last result

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Spend that money on cj Mosley hands down he can play 3-4 or 4-3 or bucannon as a last result

Agree and Barr is available also.

Please wait…

• Buc on the Move

Participant

C YA, cause I don’t think he’ll be as cheap as he should be.

Please wait…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Why keep him when you can upgrade…

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

He’s already “walked”.  He is now on the open market and the Bucs have no advantage over any other team.  We have a new coaching staff with no familiarity with him. He’s the same as any other free agent out there.  He will go to the highest bidder of 32 teams.  Do you think the Bucs will be the highest bidder?

Its all on Kwon whether he wants to come back by taking less money or less guarantees.  I don’t see why with his injury history that he shouldn’t take the best offer he gets while he still can.  He’s a free agent and he should take advantage of it.  This is the best opportunity he will have in his life to make some money.  He shouldn’t take a lesser contract just to stay around here.

Please wait…

• GermCanBuc

Participant

I’m alright with bringing him back at the right price for depth and voted as such. I don’t see him accepting that kind of a deal though (nor do I think he should), in which case I say let him walk and use that money to get an upgrade (or draft somebody). I’ve seen a couple names already in this thread that I wasn’t aware were free agents.

Please wait…

• Ja’crispy

Participant

I wouldnt mind bringing him back on a one year prove it deal. Dont think thats what hes going to want to do. So we should go get C.J. Mosley.

Please wait…

• chace1986

Participant

Walk.

I don’t care for what price, “friendly” or not. Dude is a liability when on the field. The splash play every 3-4 games is overshadowed by the below average overall play for the rest of the season.

Bye.

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

Am I voting yes to sign him or let him walk? LOL

Please wait…

• Detrimental

Participant

Cj Mosley is an upgrade. Bye Kwon

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

He’s not that good at ILB.

Please wait…

• Bootz2004

Blocked

1. Re-sign him of course. Bucs fans have long had the mindset that if a player isn’t an All-Pro that he’s no good. Somehow guys aren’t good enough to play for the Bucs yet they are good enough to contribute to other teams and help them make playoffs and win championships. The list is very long and keeps getting longer. Look at an elite level team. If you have 5 All-Pros on your 53 man roster that’s seen as great. Even if you have 7 or 8 guys making top money. Kwon is not an All-Pro but he’s productive and helps us more than he’d hurt. If the solution to letting him walk is finding a player some other team developed then we’re the same old Bucs. Unable to make our own dinner with our own groceries. Gotta get drive-thru.

Please wait…

• tog

Participant

Love how spot on everyone is.

He’s a bad MLB who carries the worst sin in the modern NFL: he’s clueless in coverage. Let him walk.

Please wait…

• Jed

Participant

Am I voting yes to sign him or let him walk? LOL

I think the poll needs to be reworded to pick one of those options. I say walk.

Please wait…

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Can’t see him in a 3-4, so doubt if he stays…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love how spot on everyone is.

He’s a bad MLB who carries the worst sin in the modern NFL: he’s clueless in coverage. Let him walk.

wait, I thought it was Mike Smith’s bad defense….so it was bad players?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He won’t be able to anchor in a 3-4. He is a liability in coverage.
      He is an average tackler.
      He will contribute like Mason Foster. We can live with or without that.

Please wait…

• David Frost

Participant

Draft Devin White!!!!!

Please wait…

• Knucknbuc

Participant

problem is with kwon imo is that he is about the antithesis of what the bucs have been the past 15 years or so. all flash in the pan with partial mediocre to bad results and inconsistency. you never know what your gonna get from week to week with him just like this franchise barring mike evans as the only mostly relable thing on this franchise. granted if you let him go i could see him do quite well on another team so damned if you do damned if you dont

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

Please wait…

• RudeGuy

Participant

I think he stays for the right amount of $$$$$. The Bucs will most likely let him shop around first.

Please wait…

• acacius

Participant

Rather than “letting him walk”, I’d prefer to say that I’m ok with the team “letting him test the market”.  I don’t hate the idea of his being on the team next year.  I DO hate the idea of the team paying him top dollar to ensure that that happens.

Please wait…

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

I hate the idea of playing him as a starter so special teams captain sounds right, we need to upgrade the LB position and there’s plenty of guys who are better than him around. He never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Please wait…

• BucBalla85

Participant

He makes plays once in a while but he gets burned a lot. I say let him walk.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

ProFootballFocus ranks the Top 10 Free Agent LB’s this offseason

5. Kwon Alexander
      The former LSU product is just 24 heading into free agency, making him worth a look despite limited production. Alexander missed time in 2018 due to injury, so what he can bring to a team will likely be judged on prior production. His past has plenty of positives, including 11 combined pass breakups in 2015 and 2016, three interceptions and no touchdowns allowed in 2017, and double-digit pressures in his first three years in the league. He clearly has the tools to succeed at the NFL level, it’s just a matter of putting them all together to form one solid season.

For the complete list…
      https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-10-free-agent-linebackers-in-2019

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

@Anti-Java

Choices 1-4 are clearly upgrades.

Please wait…

• CyberDilemma

Participant

Wasn’t it said during the season when he was healthy that he refused to come off the field on passing downs? Wonder how that will fly with Arians and Bowles?

Please wait…

• Ramonb

Participant

Kwon isn’t going anywhere.  The “mainstream” perception is that Kwon is one of Licht’s draft successes.  Even if Licht knows that Kwon isn’t what he’s made out to be, keeping up the pretense that Kwon is “good” is good for Licht’s job security.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

David and Lynch at the Super Bowl radio row.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kwon isn’t going anywhere. The “mainstream” perception is that Kwon is one of Licht’s draft successes. Even if Licht knows that Kwon isn’t what he’s made out to be, keeping up the pretense that Kwon is “good” is good for Licht’s job security.

If the Bucs keep making decisions based on your theory, they’re doomed to continue in being a sub-mediocre franchise. I doubt Licht makes decisions like that. I’m sure your new DC will look at tape and let Arians know whether Alexander will work for him.

Please wait…

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.