Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• Bucman

Participant

Hes gotten a lot of shit from all of us on this board. He played a helluva game tonight and made Young a non factor.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Agreed.

I’m his biggest hater.

Played well tonight.

Credit where it is due

• buc_boi

Participant

All I’ve ever asked for, be fair towards the man.

He played one heck of a game tonight

• Mic

Participant

He made it a point to bully chase young big ass. Hope he does the same to cam Jordan next week

• 3rd String Kicker

Player of the Game!

• RW

Participant

The offense had over 500 yards against the WFT tonight. The most yards the WFT have given up all year. Smith and the rest of the line played fine.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

Offensive line did great, especially considering Larsen played most of the game. But D. Smith definitely deserves his props for handling Young.

• dalbuc

Participant

Smith played well. Larsen on the other hand……ugh.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

He’s been below-average the majority of his career. He’s deserved all the criticism he’s received.

That being said, he played the best game of his career today.

Kudos to him.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I’ve gotta hand it to him. He held Chase Young in check. That’s no small feat

• dexmonkey

Participant

Credit where credits due he played well

I’m glad Chase Young got his for running his fucking mouth. Bum

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Yes huge credit to Smith and the entire offensive line tonight! Said Smith would be the key to the game and he played huge tonight. I also have criticized him for all of the bad play, so I will congratulate him as well on a big game tonight.

• seekpar

Participant

Someone must have had a come to Jesus meeting with DSmith. Good game Sir!

• BeachBumBuc

Participant

Hearing Cappa fractured ankle. We must find another guard immediately. This was awful. Losing Cappa took out our backup center also. We can’t even move Jensen to guard now.

We need to find a solution

• Mic

Participant

Larsen played center

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Larsen played center

This

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Chase Young will be a great player.

He did his damage vs 3rd and 4th string LTs this year.

He had a lot to say, but was one of the few WFT players that didn’t show up.

I’ve been saying for awhile if Smith isnt committing penalties hes above average.

Showed that last night. Kudos.

• m_j

Participant

yepp! unbelievable, one of our worst players pulls such a great performance, both in protection and blocking

we can only hope that stays that way!

• buc_boi

Participant

This is how smiths played all year long, sorry some are too set in their own ways to accept the reality he’s a good left tackle.

Shame on you

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

to accept the reality he’s a good left tackle.

I have to admit, I’ve fallen for your shtick all season.

Well played, and way better than GottaJaboo’s.

• JC5100

Participant

Did Dungy or Tirico even acknowledge Smith? I know it was hard considering how many times they said how great Chase Young. On a 4 yard screen to Fournette on his side, Dungy said it was “amazing” that Young ran after it.

• buc-in-out

Participant

He had a great game, was pleasantly surprised with how well he handled Chase Young. Losing Cappa sucks though.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Dungy is a Buc hater. Fug that guy.

• garfield

Participant

Chase Young is the most overrated rookie in the league right now by a long shot. Dude had 7.5 sacks this season, a respectable number especially for a rookie, but hardly game changing. You’d think he was the next Reggie White the way these idiots blow him up. Tristan Wirfs, on the other hand, actually has been dominant and should have been an all pro as a rookie.

• dexmonkey

Participant

Chase Young is the most overrated rookie in the league right now by a long shot. Dude had 7.5 sacks this season, a respectable number especially for a rookie, but hardly game changing. You’d think he was the next Reggie White the way these idiots blow him up. Tristan Wirfs, on the other hand, actually has been dominant and should have been an all pro as a rookie.

agreed. he had a good rookie year but nothing transcendant like everyone keeps talking

lets look at a couple recent rookie years
      Chase Young
      44 tackles 7.5 sacks 4 FF 3 FR

Josh Allen DE Jags – 44 tackles 10.5 sacks 2 FF
      Brian Burns DE Panthers – 25 tackles 7.5 sacks 1 FF 1 FR
      Max Crosby DE Oakland – 47 tackles 10 sacks 4 FF

Bradley Chubb – 60 tackles 12 sacks 2 FF 1 FR

Crosby, Allen, and Chubb all had better stats and Burns is right there. Young plays alongside a DL comprised of 1st rounders. i just dont get it. dude is overrated

• BucBalla85

Participant

Great game by Smith! Now do it next week too!

• nybuccguy

Participant

Donovan Smith has always been wildly inconsistent. He will have stretches where he plays great, then he has games where he completely implodes. Now that hes played a good game he will revert back to his lazy self and play like a slug next week.

• Kermit56

Participant

I’m hoping Cam Jordan talks some smack before the next game. Seems that motivates Smith…

• Biggs3535

Participant

I’m hoping Cam Jordan talks some smack before the next game. Seems that motivates Smith…

Cam Jordan talked shit about Smith when he signed his deal. Jordan still kicked his ass on the reg.

• knucknbuc

Participant

donovan is fine like ive been saying for years. hes donald penn 2.0. when its bad it looks really bad and generall gets overblown. I knew smith would have a good game. He usually struggles with no name ends. the guys you see and are like who the hell is that! donovan wtf. but against name guys he mainly plays above average hes a mountain of a man and im fine with keeping him next year. First of all it keeps wirfs on his side to keep continuity Second it lets us hold off on creating a whole that would then have to be filled with another rt who may or may not be good.. (see joe haeg this year). third if we do need money to resign lavonte and chris id much prefer to find a center and release jensen. As when marpet was hurt jensen showed hes probably a better guard and aq shipley filled in seamlessly. centers are just easier to find then tackles. Good job donnie.

• buc_boi

Participant

donovan is fine like ive been saying for years. hes donald penn 2.0. when its bad it looks really bad and generall gets overblown

You’re 100% right, is he going to be in the hall of fame?
      No, but he’s good enough for us to have a top 5 offense 3 years in a row… 2 of those years with jameis freaking Winston, and that in itself should speak volumes.

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.