Viewing 169 reply threads

• Author

• BucMyLife

Participant

What the hell happened?!Bad luck? Injuries? Poor scouting? Poor coaching? Players just weren't "Youngry" enough?How would you rank the reasons for only having one remaining draftee from said class? Did I leave anything out? What could've been done differently?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GM swung hard for the fences… but the ball was way outside of the strike zone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I absolitely hated the trifecta of Brian Price ABenn and Myron Lewis right from the get go. You cant ever recover from THAT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy – studPrice - injury prone, questionable motivationBenn - what happens when poor scouting meets bad luckLewis - almost as bad as a 2nd on Dexter JacksonWilliams - a good pick from a talent/value perspective...Bowden - meh, punterGrimm - meh, midget safetyWatson - solid special team and depth in the 7thLorig - solid FB and special teams in the 7th3 starters, 1 star.  The 3 busts in the 2nd/3rd rounders hurt.  2008 and 2009 were worse in my opinion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2008 and 2009 were not worse because if you look at the players selected after round 1 in those drafts there are not many names you are going to recognize as good nfl players.  2010 is different,  tons of talent from top to bottom and we missed on 3 consecutive high value picks. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked the Price and Lewis picks at the time but didn’t like Benn. In hindsight, the scouts should have done more research on Price to better determine his injury situation and off the field issues. Benn is a simple failure of on field scouting. A professional scout should be able to realize when a player with great size and speed simply can’t play football very well. As for Lewis, someone should have been talking to the Vandy trainer, weight room guy, or someone to figure out he was soft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can anyone think of a team that had a good class that year? Cincinnati perhaps?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We all knew who Price was and many thought he was mid first round talent and loved the pick.  I didn’t.  Did not like taking two consecutive under tackles.  Didn’t hate him as a player though.  Myron kind of came out of nowhere though.  No one had even mentioned him as a potential prospect and he was definitely not on my radar.  After we took him I looked him up and most sites had him going later than the early 3rd.  Still, the reports on him sounded somewhat promising.  Benn I knew of and didn’t not like.  Not too many guys underachieve in college and then go on to great success in the pros.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seattle

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We all knew who Price was and many thought he was mid first round talent and loved the pick.  I didn't.  Did not like taking two consecutive under tackles.  Didn't hate him as a player though.  Myron kind of came out of nowhere though.  No one had even mentioned him as a potential prospect and he was definitely not on my radar.  After we took him I looked him up and most sites had him going later than the early 3rd.  Still, the reports on him sounded somewhat promising.  Benn I knew of and didn't not like.  Not too many guys underachieve in college and then go on to great success in the pros.

Price was fine for a penetrating NT. He's bigger than the guy we just signed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2008 and 2009 were not worse because if you look at the players selected after round 1 in those drafts there are not many names you are going to recognize as good nfl players.  2010 is different,  tons of talent from top to bottom and we missed on 3 consecutive high value picks.

Didnt think about it that way.  Would have to look at who was available.  I was simply looking at what we walked away with...in that light 2010 looks better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy - studPrice - injury prone, questionable motivationBenn - what happens when poor scouting meets bad luckLewis - almost as bad as a 2nd on Dexter JacksonWilliams - a good pick from a talent/value perspective...Bowden - meh, punterGrimm - meh, midget safetyWatson - solid special team and depth in the 7thLorig - solid FB and special teams in the 7th3 starters, 1 star.  The 3 busts in the 2nd/3rd rounders hurt.  2008 and 2009 were worse in my opinion.

Yea I mean that was honestly a fantastic draft by Dom that just bombed out. we need DTs bad, and he doubled up on them. I thought Price was going to be great and was so happy about that pick. We needed  WRs bad and he got one with big time potential and a very good receiver who slid because he missed half the season. Benn was an injury bust. He was criticized coming out of college for his hands which were never a problem for him when he played here. Had he been healthy he'd a good receiver in the NFL right now

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Truthfully, what happened is what most drafts are. Really as any number of folks have pointed out the average is around 12% of draftee ever being a multi-year starter. Three of 9 is 33% so this is a really good draft. Sad to say it.McCoy - Clearly a massive win, not only a starter but looks to have multi-year pro bowl potential.Price - Bad idea from a positional value also ignored medical and character.Benn - Stupid pick, WR's with bad routes and bad hands are radioactive and should never be drafted so matter what physical tools they have.Lewis - Wow, just so flippin' bad. Had high hopes but he had zero ball awareness.Williams - Still in the league, likely a starter from an R4 pick. We ignored character.Bowden - Never draft punters, this is always a bad idea.Grimm - Looked to be useful as a depth type player, again later rounds finding anyone is a win.Watson - Great pick for R7 when getting anyone who ever plays is rare.Lorig -R7 pick who is still in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy is not a massive win. He’s a good player at a unimportant position making QB money.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy is not a massive win. He's a good player at a unimportant position making QB money.

Pro bowlers are never massive wins.  Drafting QBs who dont win and develop drug problems...huge win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not youngry enough

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Green Bay, Kansas City, and San Francisco...as well as the already mentioned Seattle

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy is not a massive win. He's a good player at a unimportant position making QB money.

Pro bowlers are never massive wins.  Drafting QBs who don't win and develop drug problems...huge win.

Would have won alot more games if McCoy did what he was drafted and paid to do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did I just see you say that “McCoy is a good player at an unimportant position“??... you're... you're joking right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pro bowlers are never massive wins.  Drafting QBs who don't win and develop drug problems...huge win.

Could have won a lot more games if we didn't draft a giant, drug-using turd from Kansas State to play QB. But, there's still one clown posting on here thinking he's worth a huge contract.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is a lot closer to fulfilling expectations than your druggie man crush of a QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could have won a lot more games if we didn't draft a giant, drug-using turd from Kansas State to play QB. But, there's still one clown posting on here thinking he's worth a huge contract.

Maybe in the long term, but in the short term the team would have been even worse without Freeman. The Bucs didn't have access to a QB better than Freeman in the draft until Colin Kaepernick in 2011 and he didn't even start until 2012. If the Bucs went 2009, 2010, and 2011 with Leftwich, McCown, and Josh Johnson, they would have probably only won 9-10 total games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did I just see you say that "McCoy is a good player at an unimportant position"??... you're... you're joking right?

He HAS to joking...nobody is that clueless? Right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe in the long term, but in the short term the team would have been even worse without Freeman. The Bucs didn't have access to a QB better than Freeman in the draft until Colin Kaepernick in 2011 and he didn't even start until 2012. If the Bucs went 2009, 2010, and 2011 with Leftwich, McCown, and Josh Johnson, they would have probably only won 9-10 total games.

That's pretty hard to determine.  While there may not have been many options in the draft for a couple years, there are other ways of obtaining a QB even though costly.  Explaining away the failure doesnt make it any less of a failure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was higher than Pill Popper Freeman with this particular class. I thought we crushed it and I was a big fan of Watson. Didn’t Price punch Barron in training camp?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did I just see you say that "McCoy is a good player at an unimportant position"??... you're... you're joking right?

League is all about QB, WR, TE, outside pass rushers and cover guys. Everything else is just about meaningless.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

League is all about QB, WR, TE, outside pass rushers and cover guys. Everything else is just about meaningless.

Just when I think you cant say something dumber you double down.  Talent on the line is never meaningless.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep believing our RB, DT and 4-3 LB are going to take us places.I'll admit this would be a pretty good team 15 years ago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep believing our RB, DT and 4-3 LB are going to take us places.I'll admit this would be a pretty good team 15 years ago.

Who said anything about RB?  Name me the last super bowl winner who didnt have at least 1 stud on the DL...go ahead...Ill wait.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

oh I see, you need straw men to comprehend moderately complex ideascan you count to 53?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

HAHAHAHA...the game is NOT won in the trenches...you can have crap O Lines and D Lines, but if you have good skill positions you win....CLUELESSWarren Sapp was correct...Football is the ultimate TEAM sport...no position is meaningless

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who said anything about RB?  Name me the last super bowl winner who didnt have at least 1 stud on the DL...go ahead...Ill wait.

I never said you didn't need DL. I said outside pass rushers, that means defensive ends and 3-4 OLBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

HAHAHAHA...the game is NOT won in the trenches...you can have crap O Lines and D Lines, but if you have good skill positions you win....CLUELESS

Guess the Broncos are doing it all wrong then.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I never said you didn't need DL. I said outside pass rushers, that means defensive ends and 3-4 OLBs.

Maybe you should become a Falcons fan then.  All your amazing insight would fit pretty well with their QB, WR, TE...and little else.  Guess in your view they are only a DE away. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

HAHAHAHA...the game is NOT won in the trenches...you can have crap O Lines and D Lines, but if you have good skill positions you win....CLUELESS

Well damn...guess all we need to do is find us a HoF QB and a couple WRs and we are set.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can I add the Falcons to the list of teams that are doing it all wrong? They’ve made the playoffs what, 4 out of 6 years?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can I add the Falcons to the list of teams that are doing it all wrong? They've made the playoffs what, 4 out of 6 years?

You can add them to the list of teams who have a top QB and only 1 playoff win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs are on the list of teams who haven’t made the playoffs in the last 6 years. With the Jags, Raiders, Bills, Browns, Rams.But we have an All-pro DT and 4-3 LB!!!!! The other teams are doing it wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs are on the list of teams who haven't made the playoffs in the last 6 years. With the Jags, Raiders, Bills, Browns, Rams.But we have an All-pro DT and 4-3 LB!!!!! The other teams are doing it wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting on my list of super bowl winners who didnt have a stud lines...you win games by winning the LOS. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you watch the Super Bowl? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Me thinks he doesn't watch ANY football...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Me thinks he doesn't watch ANY football...

He watches football. He clearly thinks Freeman is a franchise QB.  ::) ::) ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Draft picks used on OL/DL/TE (excluding 3-4 OLBs) over the last 5 years (not including 2014):SF - 17SEA - 20NE - 19DEN - 18PIT - 20BAL - 18NYG - 16GB - 22I guess these teams don't know what they are doing, JC. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs are on the list of teams who haven't made the playoffs in the last 6 years. With the Jags, Raiders, Bills, Browns, Rams.But we have an All-pro DT and 4-3 LB!!!!! The other teams are doing it wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting on my list of super bowl winners who didnt have a stud lines...you win games by winning the LOS.

What part of outside pass rushers do you not understand?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Draft picks used on OL/DL/TE (excluding 3-4 OLBs) over the last 5 years (not including 2014):SF - 17SEA - 20NE - 19DEN - 18PIT - 20BAL - 18NYG - 16GB - 22I guess these teams don't know what they are doing, JC.

List a bunch of 3-4 teams. Excludes 3-4 OLBs. Makes sense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How did they get there?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If I included the OLB's that would strengthen my argument moron.  Line play is pretty important to everyone who knows football...thus explaining why you dont think it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You get to the playoffs by having a good QB. You win in the playoffs by having a good defense because all the teams have good QBs. Why do we keep having to go over this?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You get to the playoffs by having a good QB. You win in the playoffs by having a good defense because all the teams have good QBs. Why do we keep having to go over this?

Nobody is discrediting the need for a good QB.  Would love to have a top 10 QB, but we dont.  The topic at hand is...oh how did JC put it...our "meaningless" studs at DT and LB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If I included the OLB's that would strengthen my argument moron.  Line play is pretty important to everyone who knows football...thus explaining why you dont think it is.

SF- Kaepernick, Aldon Smith, Vernon Davis, Justin Smith, Ahmad BrooksSEA- Wilson, Sherman, ThomasNE- Brady, GronkDEN- Manning, WRs, MillerPIT- RoethlisbergerBAL- Flacco went ape chit in the playoffsNYG- Manning, Tuck, Cruz, JPPGB- Rodgers, WRs, MatthewsYea you're really tearing down my argument that the NFL is all about QB, passing game, outside pass rush and DBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

SF- Kaepernick, Aldon Smith, Vernon Davis, Justin Smith, Ahmad BrooksSEA- Wilson, Sherman, ThomasNE- Brady, GronkDEN- Manning, WRs, MillerPIT- RoethlisbergerBAL- Flacco went ape chit in the playoffsNYG- Manning, Tuck, Cruz, JPPGB- Rodgers, WRs, MatthewsYea you're really tearing down my argument that the NFL is all about QB, passing game, outside pass rush and DBs.

Its not an argument...arguments have points of merit and yours has none which is why youre the only one standing by your stupid statements.  Nobody ever said QB was unimportant.  YOU said DT/LB is meaningless...and you're wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they weren’t you would be listing all of the 4-3 DTs and  4-3 OLBs on elite teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they weren't you would be listing all of the 4-3 DTs and  4-3 OLBs on elite teams.

Would you like it in crayon too so you can understand it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s what I thought.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's what I thought.

Still waiting on my list of super bowl winners who didnt have stud lines....thats what I thought.  All your drivel in the last couple pages and still have yet to answer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You assume I dismiss DL because I think DTs are irrelevant. I put DE/3-4 OLB right behind QB and WR as most important positions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You assume I dismiss DL because I think DTs are irrelevant. I put DE/3-4 OLB right behind QB and WR as most important positions.

Hard to stop the run with a team full of DEs.  WRs are luxury picks that go on a sliding scale of the QB, the better the QB the less stellar the WRs need to be.  Calling any position group "irrelevant" or "meaningless" when it makes up 8-9 (depending on scheme) starting positions is just ignorant.I would even settle for a list of super bowl winners who didnt have a good offensive line...Ill wait.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Start with Seattle and Baltimore, their offensive lines weren’t that good. Calling positions irrelevant and meaningless isn't ignorant. You just can't make the connection between how the NFL is becoming and pass happy league and how it's shifting the importance away from the line of scrimmage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Start with Seattle and Baltimore, their offensive lines weren't that good. Calling positions irrelevant and meaningless isn't ignorant. You just can't make the connection between how the NFL is becoming and pass happy league and how it's shifting the importance away from the line of scrimmage.

Yes they were...yes it is.  Baltimore's OL is just as deserving for that playoff run as Flacco was.  Seattle is a power running team who won the super bowl in dominating fashion...saying their OL wasnt that good is just plain silly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seattle has had a great offensive line when healthy. Top 10 pick Russell Okung has made a Pro Bowl, 2nd round pick Max Unger has made two, and Breno Giacomini just signed an $18 million free agent contract with the Jets. Baltimore's offensive line played great during the Super Bowl run, allowing 6 sacks over 4 playoff games. Marshall Yanda is considered one of the top 2-3 guards in football, Matt Birk made a million Pro Bowls over his career, and the best GM in football used 1st round picks on Ben Grubbs and Michael Oher.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seattle’s line is garbage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seattle's line is garbage.

Then why have two of them, both from the 2010 class, made the Pro Bowl and a third just signed an $18 million contract with another team?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then why have two of them, both from the 2010 class, made the Pro Bowl and a third just signed an $18 million contract with another team?

This should be a good answer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unger is legit. Okung made the pro-bowl because he was a high pick and plays for a powerhouse team. The guy who signed with the Jets is a bum and cashed in because teams make stupid signings in free agency.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So two of the players have made Pro Bowls, one landed a mid level free agent contract, they’ve been top 10 in yards per play the last two seasons, and just won the Super Bowl, but you say they’re not good. OK you’ve convinced me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seattle won the Super Bowl because they have maybe the greatest secondary in history.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seattle won the Super Bowl because they have maybe the greatest secondary in history.

LOL first off, you're wrongsecond off....that means...Mike Glennon, in his rookie year, completed 74% of his passes, had 2 TD passes, 0 ints, and a 123 QB rating.against the GREATEST SECONDARY IN HISTORYcrown our ass

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's it huh?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How were they top 10 in yards per play the last two years?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's it huh?

"Germans?  Forget it, he's on a roll."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see 4 teams there that run the 4-3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we somehow put JC on hiatus and get JDouble back?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Sage advice I always seem to forget when it comes to JC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL first off, you're wrongsecond off....that means...Mike Glennon, in his rookie year, completed 74% of his passes, had 2 TD passes, 0 ints, and a 123 QB rating.against the GREATEST SECONDARY IN HISTORYcrown our ass

Second half he threw for 44 yards. Only time we scored was when we ran for 52 yards and kicked a FG.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Marshawn Lynch is maybe the toughest RB to tackle and they have a running QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did anyone think he was the toughest RB to tackle the 4 years he played in Buffalo? How was Seattle able to acquire such a player for merely a 4th round pick?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s one of the reasons Buffalo is Buffalo and Seattle is Seattle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because Seattle has an offensive line that can make a running back shine? I agree!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That "running QB" averages 32 yards rushing a game.  Try again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's it huh?

Pure. Gold. ROFLMAOOOOO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wilson was also #4 in yards par attempt. Let me guess, that’s because of the guards?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wilson was also #4 in yards par attempt. Let me guess, that's because of the guards?

Good blocking equals more time for WRs to get open.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wilson was also #4 in yards par attempt. Let me guess, that's because of the guards?

Ever see what happens if those guys dont block?  This isnt flag football despite what Goodell would lead you to believe.  You dont win in the playoffs without good line play.  Ask the Falcons.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's it huh?

Pure. Gold. ROFLMAOOOOO

Thank you sir.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Considering the talent that came out that year, 2010 was perhaps the worst draft in team history.    McCoy was a no brainer, anyone would have taken him at 3, so throw that pick out.  The rest of the high picks were horrible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Considering the talent that came out that year, 2010 was perhaps the worst draft in team history.    McCoy was a no brainer, anyone would have taken him at 3, so throw that pick out.  The rest of the high picks were horrible.

If there were anyone who could mess up a no-brainer...Just thankful we hit on that one.  It sure didnt look like we made the right decision his first two years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ever see what happens if those guys dont block?  This isnt flag football despite what Goodell would lead you to believe.  You dont win in the playoffs without good line play.  Ask the Falcons.

They averaged 27 points per game in the 2012 playoffs, against Seattle and San Francisco.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They averaged 27 points per game in the 2012 playoffs, against Seattle and San Francisco.

How about the other years sparky?  And in 2012 their OL played well and was fairly healthy. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So when your argument doesn’t have any merit, all of the sudden their line went from bad to good. Got it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So when your argument doesn't have any merit, all of the sudden their line went from bad to good. Got it.

When your argument doesnt have any merit, you pick two games to base your argument off of while ignoring the others.  Got it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So when your argument doesn't have any merit, all of the sudden their line went from bad to good. Got it.

When your argument doesnt have any merit, you pick two games to base your argument off of while ignoring the others.  Got it.

That's JC.He watched McCoy wreck shop all year to an ALL PRO season but wants to say how he doesn't make sacks with 5:34 minutes left in the game, standing on one leg, while bottle feeding sick puppies with one arm.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As for Lewis, someone should have been talking to the Vandy trainer, weight room guy, or someone to figure out he was soft.

I've probably seen more of Myron Lewis at Vandy than the rest of the board combined. He wasn't soft. He was not afraid to mix it up. He played all 4 years, and I think he maybe missed a single game.  If you had told me when he was drafted he'd fail to make a mark in the NFL, I'd say it was because he was a bit of a stiff player and would struggle to keep up on the outside (some scouting reports thought he might end up at S).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Myron Lewis pick illustrates that there is risk in trying to analyze humans as if they were machines . . .I am not sure where “soft” comes from, but I can see saying the guy lacked the confidence, perhaps.  His coaches with the Bucs would know best.different sport, but I played with guys who were "stars" at our level but would likely struggle at the next level and guys that would be overlooked by most, but that would probably succeed at the next level . .  .hard to know that about those players though unless you were with them everyday

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In hindsight, the scouts should have done more research on Price to better determine his injury situation

A good question would be if they’re able to? With all the HIPA laws, its not hard to imagine all the barriers encountered in that area. After a player’s freshmen season, they should have to sign a medical release for all injuries sustained on the field if they want to be draft eligible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's JC.He watched McCoy wreck shop all year to an ALL PRO season but wants to say how he doesn't make sacks with 5:34 minutes left in the game, standing on one leg, while bottle feeding sick puppies with one arm.

Don't forget how he like to cherry pick stats and games for Freeman. Let's see, Freeman's last full season (2012), he threw 9 picks in the last 3 games alone (8 in 2 games). See, JC, we can do it too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why are you all engaging with this idiot? This thread sucks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't forget how he like to cherry pick stats and games for Freeman. Let's see, Freeman's last full season (2012), he threw 9 picks in the last 3 games alone (8 in 2 games). See, JC, we can do it too.

25 TDs, 8 INTs in the 13 games the team was in playoff contention. Blame the QB. Buc fan logic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

25 TDs, 8 INTs in the 13 games the team was in playoff contention. Blame the QB. Buc fan logic.

How was he against playoff teams whose coaches for former Big 10 college players, in the month of November? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you may be the stupidest fan on the planet...you are even worse than Milton Mack...and that is saying somethingNINE picks in the THREE games and you just ignore that...BRILLIANT...blinded butt hurt fandom logic

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You make an idiot comment about McCoy and David being unimportant and bridge it to you defending that it is a qb driven league.1- nobody disagrees with you about the QB being important.2- you say Edge rushers are the most important, but anyone that knows or has coached football knows the most sure way to ruin plays or mess up timing is inside pressure.  Football is the ultimate team sport.  That is why Bree's, Rodgers, Manning, Brady don't win every year.  To me Brady was the MVP last year because the team around him was poor, but he still got them in the playoffs.  I think FRG had it right when he said great QBs get you to the playoffs, but you need your defense to play well when you get there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you may be the stupidest fan on the planet...you are even worse than Milton Mack...and that is saying somethingNINE picks in the THREE games and you just ignore that...BRILLIANT...blinded butt hurt fandom logic

I ignore it because1. The season was over2. QB coach and WR coach took college jobs3. WRs were running routes4. Mike Williams fell down on a bench route5. Another ball was tipped and picked.Buc fans cannot differentiate meaningful games from non meaningful games and meaningful moments from non meaningful moments. So what ends up happening is McCoy gets treated like a god even though he disappears on big downs and big moments (ie 4th qtr with the lead while E. Manning, RG3, Ryan, etc are marching down the field on us). And Freeman gets run out of town even though he routinely put on a cape in the 4th qtr and in December while in playoff contention he had a 99.1 rating in 7 games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. The season was over

Then I guess Freeman must have picked up and started off playing well at the beginning of the 2013 season when the games were meaningful again, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I ignore it because1. The season was over2. QB coach and WR coach took college jobs3. WRs were running routes4. Mike Williams fell down on a bench route5. Another ball was tipped and picked.Buc fans cannot differentiate meaningful games from non meaningful games and meaningful moments from non meaningful moments. So what ends up happening is McCoy gets treated like a god even though he disappears on big downs and big moments (ie 4th qtr with the lead while E. Manning, RG3, Ryan, etc are marching down the field on us). And Freeman gets run out of town even though he routinely put on a cape in the 4th qtr and in December while in playoff contention he had a 99.1 rating in 7 games.

What kind of oil do you use for that Freeman excuse machine?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What kind of oil do you use for that Freeman excuse machine?

Come on man, dont you know?  Freeman had a QBR of 113 against Pac12 DBs playing in a press-man scheme on the road.  Jeez!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. The season was over

Then I guess Freeman must have picked up and started off playing well at the beginning of the 2013 season when the games were meaningful again, right?

Saint stats look bad because he threw a pick right after a 75 yard TD was taken off the board. Late in the 4th up 1 he got us to FG range with 3rd down conversions then Schiano took the ball out his hands and trusted Lindell and the crappy defense. Fail and fail. Again in Jet game, gets us to FG range, Schiano takes the ball out his hand and trusts the defense. Fail.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Come on man, dont you know?  Freeman had a QBR of 113 against Pac12 DBs playing in a press-man scheme on the road.  Jeez!

McCoy worked some backup linemen for the Cardinals, Dolphins and Falcons....ALL PRO !!!! QB Money!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. The season was over

Saint stats look bad because he threw a pick right after a 75 yard TD was taken off the board. Late in the 4th up 1 he got us to FG range with 3rd down conversions then Schiano took the ball out his hands and trusted Lindell and the crappy defense. Fail and fail. Again in Jet game, gets us to FG range, Schiano takes the ball out his hand and trusts the defense. Fail.

The Bucs averaged 11 points per game in the 3 games Freeman started. He completed 46% of his passes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy worked some backup linemen for the Cardinals, Dolphins and Falcons....ALL PRO !!!! QB Money!!!!!

Our QB makes $5M a year...so there's probably 5+ players on every team making QB money.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are right man...EVERYBODY else is off their rocker.McCoy is generally considered by everyone...t.v. pundits, sportswriters, other players, coaches, scouts, and anybody else with any kind of football knowledge to be arguably the best DL in the league...we should get rid of him and bring Freebase back...then all will right in your world

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are right man...EVERYBODY else is off their rocker.McCoy is generally considered by everyone...t.v. pundits, sportswriters, other players, coaches, scouts, and anybody else with any kind of football knowledge to be arguably the best DL in the league...we should get rid of him and bring Freebase back...then all will right in your world

Nobody considers McCoy the best defensive lineman in the league. Considered the best DT, maybe. But that doesn't get you anywhere in 2014. Obviously.People are off their rocker when it comes to how games are won. It's all about individual matchups in the passing game. People praising the Rams draft are stuck in 1975.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nobody considers McCoy the best defensive lineman in the league. Considered the best DT, maybe. But that doesn't get you anywhere in 2014. Obviously.People are off their rocker when it comes to how games are won. It's all about individual matchups in the passing game. People praising the Rams draft are stuck in 1975.

Thats right bro...EVERYONE else is wrong.  All the GMs, Coaches, Pundits, Players, and people who get paid to do it for a living have no idea what they are doing.  You should tell them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

HAHAHA....it just keeps getting better.The Rams have what appears to be the best Defensive Line in the league and everybody is wrong....BRILLIANTThe reason the Rams suck...they have no offense!!! They have a pretty damn good QB, but the OL can't protect him...he gets his ass beat year in and year outFootball = 3 phases of the game: Offense, Defense, and Special Teams...if one of them sucks...your team sucks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rams suck because their WRs do not win match ups. So they draft two linemen, pass on Watkins and Beckham. Yea, great draft. Now they’ll lose games 24-6 instead of 27-6

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rams suck because their WRs do not win match ups. So they draft two linemen, pass on Watkins and Beckham. Yea, great draft. Now they'll lose games 24-6 instead of 27-6

Not true, their WRs were stellar when playing with a lead in the 2nd quarter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

plz-stop-post.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People dont want to hear the truth, especially when it still applies. Drafting a DT at #3 was a devastating mistake.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it…. Pure comedy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People dont want to hear the truth, especially when it still applies. Drafting a DT at #3 was a devastating mistake.

I hate it when we make the mistake of drafting pro bowlers. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hate it when we make the mistake of drafting pro bowlers.

And All ProsThe irony of this coming from a fan with his head up Freebase's ass is pure gold!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

lol +1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy – great pickPrice - bustBenn - his first two years were good considering he was a number 3 receiver, too many injuries thoughLewis - bustWilliams - good pick, shame about off the field troublesBowden - meh, punterGrimm - decent valueWatson - good value, no idea why we let him goLorig - good value, no idea why we let him goHonestly Williams off the field troubles hurt the class most. If he had panned out better and you throw him in with McCoy and the last three picks which were all good values then its not a terrible class.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I swear to God, has anyone ever seen someone more butthurt over the release of a drug addicted, garbage QB like Freeman?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I swear to God, has anyone ever seen someone more butthurt over the release of a drug addicted, garbage QB like Freeman?

Freeman himself wasnt even butt hurt.  His agent did it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People dont want to hear the truth, especially when it still applies.

Yea... Like how you mad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So who exactly would it *not* have been a devastating mistake to draft at #3? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless you're drafting a franchise QB or Calvin Johnson, the most correct move in the old rookie wage system would have been to pass on the pick and pick somewhere between 10-15. But if forced to make a pick the best options in retrospect were Jimmy Graham, Earl Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, Rob Gronkowski (depending if you think he's injury prone or just had bad luck). Players that have a direct influence on the passing game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless you're drafting a franchise QB or Calvin Johnson, the most correct move in the old rookie wage system would have been to pass on the pick and pick somewhere between 10-15. But if forced to make a pick the best options in retrospect were Jimmy Graham, Earl Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, Rob Gronkowski (depending if you think he's injury prone or just had bad luck). Players that have a direct influence on the passing game.

Players who pressure the QB dont have a direct influence on the passing game...got it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your reasoning has three flaws1) You have to have a willing trade partner...you don't just get to "give away" the draft position...DUH2) Hindsight is 20/20...most TE's are not worth a #3 pick according to conventional draft wisdom, Earl Thomas @ 3 is laughable and so is Demaryius Thomas...they were not ranked anywhere near deserving of a #3 draft pick3) Just as spider pointed out...the DT has a direct impact on the passing game...again...DUHIt sure is easy to sit back and what if a draft after three years...maybe you should call Jason Licht...hook him up with your football acumen

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your reasoning has three flaws1) You have to have a willing trade partner...you don't just get to "give away" the draft position...DUH2) Hindsight is 20/20...most TE's are not worth a #3 pick according to conventional draft wisdom, Earl Thomas @ 3 is laughable and so is Demaryius Thomas...they were not ranked anywhere near deserving of a #3 draft pick3) Just as spider pointed out...the DT has a direct impact on the passing game...again...DUHIt sure is easy to sit back and what if a draft after three years...maybe you should call Jason Licht...hook him up with your football acumen

You're butting into a conversation about who should have been the pick in retrospect. Yes you are allowed to pass on your pick and make it anytime you want later on. No, defensive tackles do not have a direct impact on the passing game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jimmy had one season of college football under his belt, IIRC. Cmon meow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're butting into a conversation about who should have been the pick in retrospect. Yes you are allowed to pass on your pick and make it anytime you want later on. No, defensive tackles do not have a direct impact on the passing game.

So your plan would be to let the clock run out until you feel comfortable picking someone in the right slot.  Let me guess, you were the kid in school who would let people cut in the lunch line trying to get the fresh slice of pizza?Brilliant plan!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If given the ability to go back to that draft with retrospect, anyone who would stay at #3 and take McCoy is lying to themselves or has no concept of how the game is currently being played.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

HOLY CRAP...now that is PURE GOLD, JERRY!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If given the ability to go back to that draft with retrospect, anyone who would stay at #3 and take McCoy is lying to themselves or has no concept of how the game is currently being played.

The more you post, the more its evident that YOU have no idea how the game is played. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC, I haven’t seen anyone take a beating like this since JayZ climbed into and elevator with Solange Knowles. Plz stahp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC, I haven't seen anyone take a beating like this since JayZ climbed into and elevator with Solange Knowles. Plz stahp.

+1 ZING!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Strange how we could have the #32 pass defense with an All-Pro directly involved in the passing game.Or maybe he doesn't have that much influence? Nahhhhh can't be that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Strange how we could have the #32 pass defense with an All-Pro directly involved in the passing game.Or maybe he doesn't have that much influence? Nahhhhh can't be that.

Is there any limit to the stupid things you say?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This could be the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this board. Why am I not surprised that it comes from JC?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This could be the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this board. Why am I not surprised that it comes from JC?

Pure comedy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WTF are you talking about...not even close to #32...you are truly cluelesshttp://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&season=2013&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers  16  24.3 389  352  547  64.4  34.2  3,806  7.4  237.9  30  21  190  34.7  80T  46  10  35  88.9 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WTF are you talking about...not even close to #32...you are truly cluelesshttp://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&season=2013&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers  16  24.3 389  352  547  64.4  34.2  3,806  7.4  237.9  30  21  190  34.7  80T  46  10  35  88.9 

I was referencing 2012. We needed an elite CB just to be average.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you see who played in that secondary?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was pretty sure that was what you were referencing...living in the past (before your boy Freebase became a addicted nutcase)...that's how transparent you are...so a shitty secondary falls on the DT now? Aside from Ronde Barber and a rookie named Mark Barron...name one starter from that year and would have started for any other team in the NFL??? I guess a DT also has zero affect on the #1 rushing D ?Oh...and here is a fun fact...McCoy was an All-Pro THIS year when the passing D went from 32nd to 16th

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BTW JC, how does it feel to know the entire Red Board is laughing at you?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, that’s why secondary is more important than DT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, that's why secondary is more important than DT.

You do realize the less time a QB has to setup and throw, it only makes the job that much easier for the secondary?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was pretty sure that was what you were referencing...living in the past (before your boy Freebase became a addicted nutcase)...that's how transparent you are...so a **CENSORED**ty secondary falls on the DT now? Aside from Ronde Barber and a rookie named Mark Barron...name one starter from that year and would have started for any other team in the NFL??? I guess a DT also has zero affect on the #1 rushing D ?Oh...and here is a fun fact...McCoy was an All-Pro THIS year when the passing D went from 32nd to 16th

You're proving why secondary is more important than DT. And don't get it twisted, pass defense shot up because of Revis.McCoy was also part of horrific run defenses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy was part of horrific run defenses in his rookie year. That’s it. When he’s been on the field since then our run defense has been pretty good

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Happy to come back from lunch and see this thread is still going strong…LOL.Holy Face Palm Batman!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Happy to come back from lunch and see this thread is still going strong...LOL.Holy Face Palm Batman!!!!!

JC's jackassery has no end.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Happy to come back from lunch and see this thread is still going strong...LOL.Holy Face Palm Batman!!!!!

I think JC is just trolling to keep it going...there can't be a real fan of the Bucs that is that moronic...for real?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think JC is just trolling to keep it going...there can't be a real fan of the Bucs that is that moronic...for real?

We are talking about a guy that thinks Freeman is STILL a franchise QB. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy was part of horrific run defenses in his rookie year. That's it. When he's been on the field since then our run defense has been pretty good

The run defense was playing bad before McCoy got hurt in 2011. Him getting injured is a convenient excuse to free him from blame.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy was part of horrific run defenses in his rookie year. That's it. When he's been on the field since then our run defense has been pretty good

The run defense was playing bad before McCoy got hurt in 2011. Him getting injured is a convenient excuse to free him from blame.

You mean that run D that held Micheal turner and the falcons to something like 20 yards rushing?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Run defense that gave up 400 yards and 5.8 ypc vs Vikings and 49ers. Let me guess, it doesn’t count?Another game when Freeman went hero status and put the team on his back. Down 10 in middle of the 4th, goes 9/12, 101 yards, TD... two TD drives. Get him out!!!!!!!!! Free base!!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Run defense that gave up 400 yards and 5.8 ypc vs Vikings and 49ers. Let me guess, it doesn't count?

You're the master of stats and games that don't count, so you tell me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Run defense that gave up 400 yards and 5.8 ypc vs Vikings and 49ers. Let me guess, it doesn't count?Another game when Freeman went hero status and put the team on his back. Down 10 in middle of the 4th, goes 9/12, 101 yards, TD... two TD drives. Get him out!!!!!!!!! Free base!!!!!!!

Good lawd...I think someone needs a napkin and a cigarette...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Run defense that gave up 400 yards and 5.8 ypc vs Vikings and 49ers. Let me guess, it doesn't count?Another game when Freeman went hero status and put the team on his back. Down 10 in middle of the 4th, goes 9/12, 101 yards, TD... two TD drives. Get him out!!!!!!!!! Free base!!!!!!!

Good lawd...I think someone needs a napkin and a cigarette...

This is getting good.  LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have to love how JC cherry picks the hell out of stats!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gerald McCoy lemon picks the hell out of sacks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gerald McCoy lemon picks the hell out his sacks.

And Josh Freeman only picks the best Molly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Buccaneers only pick the best QBs to run out of town.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL! If that's in reference to Freeman, perhaps he's not the only one with a drug problem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, so damn good, that's he's not even on an NFL roster. HoF material there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's on the Giants, genius.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's on the Giants, genius.

Oh yeah. Completely forgot. Can't remember if I read it on here or Page 4 of the ESPN.Com newsfeed. Either way, I don't have the time to follow up on other team's practice squad guys or 3rd stringers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBR19NAE_Cc

Please wait…

Viewing 169 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.