Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

Pewter Reporters Scott Reynolds and Mark Cook each drafted their own Ultimate Bucs Team this summer. Find out where some of the Bucs legends were drafted and which Pewter Reporter drafted the best Ultimate Bucs Team. Who did the best? And make sure to comment and also vote on the front page poll.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9881

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No comments?  I'll say Kenny Gant was too high.  And are we including all guy who wore a Bucs jersey?  I mean Revis spent one year here.  If that is the case, where is Steve Young or Munoz?  Disagree with Cook, I'd take Reynolds over Kelly.  Also would rather have Grimes and maybe Wilson over Faine.  I'd also take Selmon first overall, and Rice before Lynch or Revis.  Just my very humble opinion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Revis is entirely too high.  He was a horrible Buc but no player with a 4-12 overall record should be on this list.  It’s like he wasn’t a Buc at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, I thought this might merit at least a few more comments.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No comments?  I'll say Kenny Gant was too high.  And are we including all guy who wore a Bucs jersey?  I mean Revis spent one year here.  If that is the case, where is Steve Young or Munoz?  Disagree with Cook, I'd take Reynolds over Kelly.  Also would rather have Grimes and maybe Wilson over Faine.  I'd also take Selmon first overall, and Rice before Lynch or Revis.  Just my very humble opinion.

Fair enough, although I did take Ricky Reynolds. Scott took BK.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Number 18 is a joke?  Right? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. If you’re going to credit players like Revis for one year and Nicks for a handful of games, why not a little more respect for Dan Buenning and Arron Sears? A lot of people on here think they were two of the best linemen of the last ten years. 2. How come so little love for Frank Middleton? He has to be one of the top four guards in team history. He played on one of the best lines in team history and could actually still play when he left.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. If you're going to credit players like Revis for one year and Nicks for a handful of games, why not a little more respect for Dan Buenning and Arron Sears? A lot of people on here think they were two of the best linemen of the last ten years. 2. How come so little love for Frank Middleton? He has to be one of the top four guards in team history. He played on one of the best lines in team history and could actually still play when he left.

Solid point.  Revis should not be on anybody's "Greatest Bucs of all time or ultimate team lists" dude was a non-event in Tampa.

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

Yawn. Bring on training camp. Or at least some unique insider stuff. Didn't learn anything new here. Nice try trying to fill the boring days leading up to camp. How about a write up on the real story with josh Freeman's issues. Or go to Denver and talk to jake Plummer and ask him why he was willing to pay $2.5 million to not play for us.  Maybe a Dominick piece that lays out how long he might have set back our franchise by being such a terrible gm (not holding my breath on that one).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yawn. Bring on training camp. Or at least some unique insider stuff. Didn't learn anything new here. Nice try trying to fill the boring days leading up to camp. How about a write up on the real story with josh Freeman's issues. Or go to Denver and talk to jake Plummer and ask him why he was willing to pay $2.5 million to not play for us.  Maybe a Dominick piece that lays out how long he might have set back our franchise by being such a terrible gm (not holding my breath on that one).

Your voice has been heard Dickens, or java, or whoever you are.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some people might suggest that you try...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. If you're going to credit players like Revis for one year and Nicks for a handful of games, why not a little more respect for Dan Buenning and Arron Sears? A lot of people on here think they were two of the best linemen of the last ten years. 2. How come so little love for Frank Middleton? He has to be one of the top four guards in team history. He played on one of the best lines in team history and could actually still play when he left.

Agree with both points, although a little less so on Buenning.  As far as Frank Middleton, I liked him as a player and as a guy-always seemed pretty affable and grounded.  I was led to understand that his undoing with the team had more to do with a bad relationship with Warren Sapp, than anything else; perhaps someone here could expand...

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

Your voice has been heard **CENSORED**ens, or java, or whoever you are.

Glad my constructive criticism was well received and then immediately met with a snide remark. Hope pr listens man. Lots of the loyal regulars around here have jumped ship. I'm sure you have noticed.  And you guys have taken a back seat to most websites for bucs insider stuff. This place has turned into Scott and marks opinion pieces reacting to others stuff or ranking best players in bucs history (seen this before). Not discounting your opinions, but I hear opinions and can read them elsewhere all day long.  Even joebucsfan has trumped pr for Pete's sake. I remember when pr used to have the inside perspective stuff like the one bucs.com did on Lovie smith first 100 days on the job. Not sure what happened, but i haven't seen anything like that here in a while. So maybe instead of trying to accuse me of being someone I'm not, try taking the feedback seriously and providing us with better and more unique (and more accurate) perspective and stories. Halting the mark Dominick praise parade was a good start. Gracias.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very disappointed to see the Gimpy Cheeseburger was not selected . What could be the cause of this oversight ?

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

What is the plan to finance these journalistic junkets? Are you planning on making a donation?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glad my constructive criticism was well received and then immediately met with a snide remark. Hope pr listens man. Lots of the loyal regulars around here have jumped ship. I'm sure you have noticed.  And you guys have taken a back seat to most websites for bucs insider stuff. This place has turned into Scott and marks opinion pieces reacting to others stuff or ranking best players in bucs history (seen this before). Not discounting your opinions, but I hear opinions and can read them elsewhere all day long.  Even joebucsfan has trumped pr for Pete's sake. I remember when pr used to have the inside perspective stuff like the one bucs.com did on Lovie smith first 100 days on the job. Not sure what happened, but i haven't seen anything like that here in a while. So maybe instead of trying to accuse me of being someone I'm not, try taking the feedback seriously and providing us with better and more unique (and more accurate) perspective and stories. Halting the mark Dominick praise parade was a good start. Gracias.

I wrote half of page in response to this then deleted it. I have ZERO problem with constructive criticism, just don't feel your initial response was constructive. More like a former member, who ended up getting banned, who is just complaining with a different name. And for the record, seriously you want us to fly to Denver to talk about something that happened two GMs ago? Plus he lives in Idaho now anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dlckens can’t be too upset with the product. He’s still here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dlckens can't be too upset with the product. He's still here.

correct, which illustrates why MC's response is dead on.

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

What is the plan to finance these journalistic junkets? Are you planning on making a donation?

Don't know and don't care. That's not my problem/job. It's PR's. Point is we used to get what I'm asking for/expect here. Now we don't. Not even close. Why would I re-subscribe? What am I going to get with my subscription, which went downhill and caused me to drop it?

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

And you used to pay a lot more for it. Seeing the connection yet?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't know and don't care. That's not my problem/job. It's PR's. Point is we used to get what I'm asking for/expect here. Now we don't. Not even close. Why would I re-subscribe? What am I going to get with my subscription, which went downhill and caused me to drop it?

lol

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

I wrote half of page in response to this then deleted it. I have ZERO problem with constructive criticism, just don't feel your initial response was constructive. More like a former member, who ended up getting banned, who is just complaining with a different name. And for the record, seriously you want us to fly to Denver to talk about something that happened two GMs ago? Plus he lives in Idaho now anyway.

Again your way off base. I used to be a paid subscriber. Not anymore. I have never been suspended or banned from the boards so please stop trying turn the focus to this bogus claim and focus on the feedback I'm trying to give PR to help you guys. Not saying your bad. I'm saying you can be much better. PR was very good a while back but it's nowhere near the same here. Plummer was an example of something unique. I guarantee you if you talked to Plummer and he disclosed why he didn't want to play for us to the point where he was willing to pay $2.5 million (or whatever it was) to not play for us, it would be an interesting read regardless of how long ago it happened. So forget Plummer. How about the real story behind Freeman? That was conveniently ignored. Let me guess. You know but you can't tell us. I don't care what it is specifically. You guys are the expert reporters. Just saying that we used to get unique and behind the scenes stories and I haven't seen anything close to that in a few years or so it seems. But go ahead and keep insisting that I'm disgruntled, or formerly banned member, not a Bucs fan, or whatever else you and others want to accuse me of being even though I'm not. Blow my feedback off. That's fine. Yes, I'm still here, but not as often as I used to be. Even if you don't care about that, I'm sure your advertisers do. And I'm sure your subscription dept. cares that I no longer subscribe. I care about PR. I want you to recapture what brought a lot of us here years ago. I drive and analyze web traffic for a living and it makes me sick that you guys have been essentially buried by JBF. Not trying to offend you guys. Just speaking bluntly. I responded to this thread, particularly the person that questioned why there were no responses to the thread and story. I was offering my opinion on it. If it weren't for my post and the responses to it inside this thread, the poster's question still is relevant. Not a lot of people are responding because it's not that compelling a piece. I thought you guys did this article a few years ago? Good effort to fill the gaps in the off-season but nothing I or a whole lot of others are getting terribly excited about. You can try to run me out of here because you don't like what I'm saying. And I'm sure everyone that remains will have a good laugh about it. But I guarantee you this. PR won't be laughing all the way to the bank.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can try to run me out of here because you don't like what I'm saying.

yeah . .  that's it . .  you're a victim. ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dickins.  That reminds me of the best brand of  apple cider I’ve ever had.  Dickins Cider.  Nothing like a hard Dickins Cider. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MC wins by 10…..  I’m feeling 24-14.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MC wins by 10.....  I'm feeling 24-14.

I don't know that either of those teams could score 24 on the other's defense.  there would have to be so e defensive scoring...

Please wait…

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.