Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10745128/washington-redskins-qb-robert-griffin-iii-now-own-logoI'm all for capitalism and appreciate RGIII striking, but it feels to me like the iron is luke warm.  How about you get through an entire season without getting your leg "Theismaned" and then put out your own logo.  Once again, using the off-season to focus on the important stuff as it relates to him helping his team.  Fat Gruden has his hands full.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Well if RG3 wasn’t focusing on important stuff like getting his team to the playoffs his first year, there would be no knee issue. If Adidas was giving any endorsement like this why would they turn it down? His logo looks pretty cool btw.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well if RG3 wasn't focusing on important stuff like getting his team to the playoffs his first year, there would be no knee issue. If Adidas was giving any endorsement like this why would they turn it down? His logo looks pretty cool btw.

I honestly am not sure I have seen anyone that ran like he did his first year.  It was one thing to see it at Baylor but once he got to the league and was still breezing by people I was couldn't believe it. While I appreciate the sentiment.  A point could be made about RGIII.  Even with world class speed, you are going to get caught in the NFL because the side to side speed is ridiculous.  SO if you are a QB you had better learn to sit back and carve up a defense or your career will be a quick one.  Like I'm afraid we will see with RGIII.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only logo he should be concerned with is the one on the helmet. That is the logo which says he is on a “team”. Everyone plays together for the one logo in order to win a championship.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10745128/washington-redskins-qb-robert-griffin-iii-now-own-logoI'm all for capitalism and appreciate RGIII striking, but it feels to me like the iron is luke warm.  How about you get through an entire season without getting your leg "Theismaned" and then put out your own logo.  Once again, using the off-season to focus on the important stuff as it relates to him helping his team.  Fat Gruden has his hands full.

Jay Gruden: RG3 works out more than anyone I’ve ever seenPosted by Michael David Smith on April 7, 2014, 8:06 PM EDTNew Washington coach Jay Gruden has already seen enough to say he has something special in quarterback Robert Griffin III.Asked today whether Griffin’s off-field activities like unveiling a much-hyped personal logo distract from the task at hand, Gruden said there are no concerns at all about how hard Griffin works.“He works out more than anybody I’ve ever seen,” Gruden said on SiriusXM NFL Radio, via Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post. “If I ever felt like that was an issue, or if he was spending more time trying to create logos than he was working out and getting himself ready to play, then there’d be an issue. But there’s no issue in my mind. I think nowadays, these quarterbacks and these players in general, they have people do a lot of work for them. They have these mangers, these agents, and these commercial people working for them, and they’re doing all the work. I don’t think Robert’s doing any. He’s just signing off on it. Adidas is doing all the logo things for him. So if it’s extra money for him, have at it. As far as dedication and his desire to win and his work ethic, that is not to be questioned. He’s unlike anybody I’ve ever seen as far as that’s concerned.”Gruden also said Griffin will continue running the ball, and that although there are concerns about injuries, he can’t be so concerned about Griffin getting hurt that he takes away what makes Griffin special.“I think when you have the ability that he has, I think we’d be foolish not to have some kind of option as far as running the football with him,” Gruden said.And Gruden is sure that Griffin will be in good enough shape to run hard this season.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/07/jay-gruden-rg3-works-out-more-than-anyone-ive-ever-seen/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jay Gruden: RG3 works out more than anyone I’ve ever seenPosted by Michael David Smith on April 7, 2014, 8:06 PM EDTNew Washington coach Jay Gruden has already seen enough to say he has something special in quarterback Robert Griffin III.Asked today whether Griffin’s off-field activities like unveiling a much-hyped personal logo distract from the task at hand, Gruden said there are no concerns at all about how hard Griffin works.“He works out more than anybody I’ve ever seen,” Gruden said on SiriusXM NFL Radio, via Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post. “If I ever felt like that was an issue, or if he was spending more time trying to create logos than he was working out and getting himself ready to play, then there’d be an issue. But there’s no issue in my mind. I think nowadays, these quarterbacks and these players in general, they have people do a lot of work for them. They have these mangers, these agents, and these commercial people working for them, and they’re doing all the work. I don’t think Robert’s doing any. He’s just signing off on it. Adidas is doing all the logo things for him. So if it’s extra money for him, have at it. As far as dedication and his desire to win and his work ethic, that is not to be questioned. He’s unlike anybody I’ve ever seen as far as that’s concerned.”Gruden also said Griffin will continue running the ball, and that although there are concerns about injuries, he can’t be so concerned about Griffin getting hurt that he takes away what makes Griffin special.“I think when you have the ability that he has, I think we’d be foolish not to have some kind of option as far as running the football with him,” Gruden said.And Gruden is sure that Griffin will be in good enough shape to run hard this season.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/07/jay-gruden-rg3-works-out-more-than-anyone-ive-ever-seen/

Wow, it looks like they still haven't learned their lesson.  Thanks for sharing hate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well if RG3 wasn't focusing on important stuff like getting his team to the playoffs his first year, there would be no knee issue. If Adidas was giving any endorsement like this why would they turn it down? His logo looks pretty cool btw.

I honestly am not sure I have seen anyone that ran like he did his first year.  It was one thing to see it at Baylor but once he got to the league and was still breezing by people I was couldn't believe it. While I appreciate the sentiment.  A point could be made about RGIII.  Even with world class speed, you are going to get caught in the NFL because the side to side speed is ridiculous.  SO if you are a QB you had better learn to sit back and carve up a defense or your career will be a quick one.  Like I'm afraid we will see with RGIII.

Lol what? It's all about your own genetics and health. Just because a guy plays QB doesn't mean he's going to get injured. RBs last til age 30.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol what? It's all about your own genetics and health. Just because a guy plays QB doesn't mean he's going to get injured. RBs last til age 30.

Did you see his leg two years ago and what direction it went in??  My point is, you can't play the QB spot with reckless abandoned and expect to play very long. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you see his leg two years ago and what direction it went in??  My point is, you can't play the QB spot with reckless abandoned and expect to play very long.

Griffin is made of glas, cool beans. You got any actual data on mobile QBs and injuries or are you just making things up?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you see his leg two years ago and what direction it went in??  My point is, you can't play the QB spot with reckless abandoned and expect to play very long. Griffin is made of glas, cool beans. You got any actual data on mobile QBs and injuries or are you just making things up?Actual data???  There have been two QB's in the past 15 years that have relied on their speed for success over their arms.  Vick and RGIII - both of them have yet to see a full season without injury.  No more data needed. If sitting back in the pocket and picking apart a defense with your arm isn't part of your arsenal, then you are not going to be a reliable part of your teams success.  Kaepernick and Wilson rely more on their arms than their legs. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reminds me of Tebow working out. All fine and dandy but Griffens problem isn’t that he wasn’t in good enough shape. Griffen’s problem is his ability to stand in the pocket, read a defense and pass the ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not an exact up to date article but it seems like RG3 isn’t going to change his game for any coach.    RG3 believes he has to run to be as effective as he can bePosted by Darin Gantt on October 17, 2013, 9:31 AM EDTRobert Griffin III, Bruce CarterAPRedskins quarterback Robert Griffin III said it was about getting back to being himself, not a shot at his coaches, when he said his focus was on “not letting anybody else tell me how to play this game.”That’s why he was running more against the Cowboys Sunday night, trying to open some things up for a Redskins offense which wasn’t built for a pure drop-back passer to begin with.“I felt that’s what I have to do,” Griffin said, via Mike Jones of the Washington Post. “That’s what I’ve always had to do. You’ve got to use every ability that you have. Broke the pocket a couple of times, broke the pocket and hit some guys downfield as the defense was closing in on me, and then there were times when you just take off and go, and a healthy mix of that and a healthy mix of just executing the plays that are called.”The part about not listening to anyone came up during his postgame interview on the team’s radio network, but he said Wednesday it wasn’t intended as a dig at coach Mike Shanahan, offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, or anyone else.“It just means, you can’t lose faith in who you are,” Griffin said. “You can’t lose confidence in what you’ve done to get you to the level where you’re at. Kyle will say on a number of plays, ‘You never forget what got you to where you are,’ and that’s all I’m saying. It wasn’t a shot at anything else, or at the coaches or anybody. It was just saying, ‘I’ve got to be the guy that I know that I am.’ ”Griffin said he’s heard all the concerns about his safety, but trying for extra yardage rather than tip-toeing out of bounds was part of what made him a weapon last year, and part of what he wants to get back to.“The league does evolve, but at the same time, I have to be that guy. There’s no pressure. None whatsoever,” he said. “You’ve just got to go out and play football, and that’s what I was talking about after the game: just getting back to being me. I know how to play the game. Listen to your coaches, go through that whole thing, and just go out there and play and have fun. And that’s what it’s about.“It’s not that there’s pressure to be a certain guy, have a certain amount of numbers. I couldn’t care less about the numbers as long as we win. If we win games, all is good.”At the moment, the Redskins aren’t doing that, so all is not good. That leads to putting his performances under the microscope, and wondering when he’s going to once again look like the quarterback who was so effective a year ago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m glad I’m not  a Redskins fan.  Wow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No problem with a guy having his own logo.  To each his own.  But if you’re a football player, maybe you shouldn’t have a logo that’s shaped like home plate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No problem with a guy having his own logo.  To each his own.  But if you're a football player, maybe you shouldn't have a logo that's shaped like home plate.

Maybe they did that to teach him how to slide.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No problem with a guy having his own logo.  To each his own.  But if you're a football player, maybe you shouldn't have a logo that's shaped like home plate.

Maybe they did that to teach him how to slide.

Zzzzing

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.