Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 reply threads

• Author

• chad1336

Participant

With the salary cap decreasing, there will be many salary cap casualties who will be looking to chase a ring before their careers end.

1. Patrick Peterson
      2. JJ Watt

Who else?

It looks like we are going to have to be extremely creative just to keep our own free agents, but should we lose any players, it seems like we can pick up some vet minimum types like AB and Fournette again next year.

• chad1336

Participant

In addition, we are sure to be competing with the likes of Kansas City, Buffalo, Baltimore, etc. for such services.

• Mic

Participant

JJ Watt would be an incredible pickup for our 3-4 defense if he can be had for 8M-9M we could run a rotation of Vea, Suh, Watt, Davis, Gholston. But he’d first need to be able to mesh with the team and as long as he’s ok with his role on defense. Gotta make sure there aren’t too many chefs in the kitchen

• TURBO

Participant

There may not be any players like AB or Fournette that just fall into our laps again next year.

Those guys were gifts, I wouldn’t count on that happening again.

• m_j

Participant

with brady on board you can count on anything

• Natural Selection

Participant

Watt would be a clear upgrade on the field from what Suh has given us (and I’m a bigger fan of his play than others). I’m not sure what JJ would accept in $, but I would absolutely trade those two out for each other. Better question for me is if I would let Ghoslton and Suh go in exchange for JJ. Probably still a “yes”, but “selling out” Will would hurt my heart some.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.