Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• Bucman

Participant

Terrible news. Vincent was not only a great player but person. He will be deeply missed.

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

please tell me this is a joke

• buc_boi

Participant

WHAT!!!

Tell me this isn’t true!????

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

Damn, RIP

• Pennywise

Participant

Auman

@gregauman

·
      18s
      According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, Vincent Jackson had been staying since Jan. 11 at the Brandon hotel where his body was found Monday. A missing persons report was filed by family members last Wednesday, but he was found and the missing persons case canceled

• Lynch47forHOF

Participant

OMG! So sad to hear it! VJ was a great man, football player, and member of our community! My thoughts and prayers are with his family!

• Richie Cartman

Participant

WTF. This is terrible. RIP.

• Lawdy

Participant

just awful. RIP

• flashgordon

Participant

38? I’m tired of tragedy.

My initial thought is this is due to some kind of murder. It’s a little hard to believe that he’d be murdered in a Hotel room. Weird things happen. This certainly sucks.

– I consider myself a fan of Vincent Jackson(as I am most Bucs players and even players all over the NFL). I had just commented on Tyler Johnson’s catch being like something Vincent Jackson did. Chris Godwin has done those types of catches as well. Vincent Jackson was a military brat, and so am I.

I just remember him talking about his growing up with a Military family, and what it’s like to grow up on military bases. I’m not a military fanatic; but, I do feel like growing up in the military is a bit of a different experience.

And of course, I know what a great football player he was.

Bobby Blue Bland I Pity The Fool (1961)

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Isn’t it crazy that when his former team in his current city was having it’s greatest success, he was (possibly) going thru the roughest stuff in his life.

Sad.

• BucBalla85

Participant

That really sucks. He was one of my favorite bucs during his time here. Rip!

• nybuccguy

Participant

It sounds like he was dealing with some issues. His family reported him missing last Wednesday, but it was later rescinded. I realize its uncouth to speculate, but it sounds like an overdose or suicide.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Met him once. One of the nicest persons I’ve ever met.

This is a devastating loss.

Tragic…

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Holy cow I just heard about this! How incredibly sad.

• Donkey

Participant

So why was he staying at a hotel? I assume he lived in the Tampa area.

• 203Pat

Participant

This one hurts. He was such a nice guy the few times I met him when I lived down there and he did so much in the community. Based on the very early reports around his death it seems like things may not have been great for him at the end. It’s sad to see the league discard guys when they’re done playing.

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

RIP VJax.

• BucsFan83

Participant

If I didn’t know who Jackson was at all I’d assume it was an over dose or some mental issue was at play we didn’t know about.

I honestly saw that and my first reaction to the headline was a big WHAT THE $#$%!? Could be many things, hell, he could of just died from a heart attack. Uncommon for younger people but not out of the question.

I’m honestly still quite in shock.

• Bucman

Participant

Sad people are already speculating overdose. Not the time for that.

• BucsFan83

Participant

It’s just our society, found dead in a hotel room with no signs of trauma is usually the indicator of an over dose. Does not mean it was though.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Rest in peace, Vjax!

Great team player and great person. I recall watching one of Casey’s side videos on Buccaneers(dot)com where she interviewed Vjax on his restaurant in the bay area. It shows he was investing into the local community.

It’s just sad news to hear about Vjax. My condolences to his family and friends.

grrrr… sucks this happens!

• Roy

Participant

Only 38 years old.

According to HCSO, Jackson had been living in the Homewood Suites hotel since Jan. 11. His family called to report him missing on Feb. 10.

Police located him alive at the hotel and spoke with him on Feb. 12. A housekeeper found him dead in his hotel room at 11:30 a.m. on Monday.

A cause of death has not been determined. There were no immediate signs of trauma, according police.

• Bucs_Rule

Participant

RIP V-Jax. You’ll be missed.

• seekpar

Participant

Very bummed to hear this. My favorite Buc when we moved here, his #83 jersey hangs in my closet. Wore it to two games during the 2019 season. So sad.

• BP1

Participant

OMG not Vincent! My heart is broken. He was such a good person. He was right there to help those in need. I remember him always visiting the military at McDill AFB. He will forever be one of my fav Bucs. May God bless him and his hurting family. :(

• SaskBucs

Participant

So sad. RIP V-Jax.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I’m shocked to hear of this. My prayers go out to his family

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

What a massive loss for the TB area. I’m crushed & devastated for his wife & 4 children. My man was only 38 & truly loved the people of Tampa, he was always helping others…& now he’s gone?? Ugh I’m wrecked.

• m_j

Participant

very sad!
      it must have been something going on in his head, left home, reported as missing person, living in a hotel room ….
      it is always sad to see something like that happening to someone who earned 70 mil during his carreer and should be enjoying retirement life, great weather etc… sometimes life turns out completely different way!

RIP VJax

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I have a few v jax auto bucs cards.

Loved him when he was here.

Very sad. At least he’s no longer in pain.

• Kermit56

Participant

Damn it!!!!

• Garv

Participant

RIP Vincent. Terribly sad news. Doesn’t make sense now but more will be revealed. No matter the how and whys, VJ was a great player but far more importantly an even better person and that’s how he will be remembered most.

“We’re all here because we’re not all there.”
      as always, GO BUCS!!!

• Bucman

Participant

It’s been determined that Jackson had an alcohol problem and is believed to have CTE.

• Wutt

Participant

• RudeGuy

Participant

CTE has taken way too many former players and military at a young age. Needs much more research to help prevent such loss. Prayers to Vincent and his family.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Ryan Leaf went off on a tirade about the NFL not taking care of its own and the need to have it set up for former players that will need help. I totally agree with Leaf. It’s just sad that the NFL doesn’t look after its own, considering what the players do give into the NFL.

I pray that Vjax will for the NFL to start having programs set up to take of its players after football.

If you have seen the Leaf rant, then you’d feel for him. He survived his episodes, but he feels crushed seeing so many of his brothers pass away.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Such a sad and tragic end for someone who contributed so much to the Tampa community. Goes to show no one ever knows what demons someone is fighting behind closed doors. Don’t know what services or programs are available to retired players who are battling addictions or mental health issues, but certainly hope there are some and maybe needs to be even more. RIP VJax and hope you rest easy.

• TBChucky

Participant

Very sad indeed.. #83 will always be remembered around the Bay Area!

• BucsFan83

Participant

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/troubling-new-details-released-in-death-of-vincent-jackson/ar-BB1dQ4zC?ocid=msedgntp

“There were no signs of trauma or injury. The medical examiner’s report stated that Jackson used alcohol and smokeless tobacco but there was no indication of drug use. There is currently no timeline for the full completion of the autopsy report.”

Now I’m curious, would be sad if he drinked himself to death :(

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.