Rivers moves to Florida

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Live4BUCS
    Participant

If I were him I’d want to be a Buc…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

TheChronicHotAir
    Participant

UFC “chatter”… Tom Brady playing for Las Vegas Raiders??

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Greattimes
    Participant

I don’t read too much into this, he may just be escaping the high taxes of California.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Roy
    Participant

This is huge.

The Jags and Falcons already have QB. Carolina and New Orleans are not really options. Carolina and Miami are rebuilding and Drew Brees hasn’t retired. If Rivers wants to play near home at all it has to be in Tampa Bay. We have written off the Rivers possibility because of the whole storyline about how he is so attached to where he is, and how he will either keep playing in California or retire. That whole storyline is blown out of the water. I and others have been emphasizing that if you don’t resign Winston, there are no good options. Well now there is a good option. So this is a game-changer. In the end maybe they still sign Winston, and maybe Rivers retires. But this definitely gives the Bucs something to think about and Bucs fans something to talk about.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Roy
    Participant

Chew on this, doubters….

Bruce Arians 2018 on Philip Rivers:

“Yeah, I mean he’s at the top of the list. He’s in the top five for sure. (I) loved him when he came out. I liked him when he came out of high school, and he’s just a winner. There are a lot of ways to play the position. He is a classic, drop-back quarterback and, I mean, those are the guys I love coaching.”

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Roy
    Participant

Here’s what Luke Easterling of Draftwire had to say:

“If Bucs head coach Bruce Arians wants a replacement that will take the least time to acclimate to his offense, getting one of the league’s most experience and productive passers could be the best solution. Rivers is a future Hall of Famer who has an expiring contract, and the Chargers could be looking to start a new era. Rivers has had his own struggles with turnovers in recent years, thanks to a gunslinging style similar to Winston’s. Some Bucs fans might feel Rivers wouldn’t be much of an improvement in many ways, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see Arians bring him in if they do decide to move on from Winston.”

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Ramonb
    Participant

How many years does he have left?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t read too much into this, he may just be escaping the high taxes of California.

That’s not how taxes work. You aren’t taxed on income based on where you live, it’s where you work. He intends to keep playing, he keeps saying that, so there is some reason to think it’s relevant to his decision on where to play next year to be near his ‘new home’. Aren’t too many teams in the southeast looking for a QB.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Pennywise
    Participant

Luke is a tool ,knows   no more about ba, than the milk  man

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

If Rivers signs with the Bucs, it’s guaranteed that the income from at least 8 games would not be taxed by the state.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If Rivers signs with the Bucs, it’s guaranteed that the income from at least 8 games would not be taxed by the state.

Right because you get taxed based on where each game occurs. So Bucs players are sure getting half their salary without a state income tax. Sometimes more if they play road games in untaxed states.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TBayXXXVII
    Participant

How many years does he have left?

Probably more than Winston… I’ll say 3 years.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TheChronicHotAir
    Participant

No thanks on Rivers.

Dude is an old turnover machine. He’s OldWhiteJameisOKBoomer with no upside.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Roy
    Participant

The guy has tens of millions of dollars, and he is going to move his whole crew to save a few bucks in state taxes? You are ignoring one very important thing: Income taxes are only paid if you have a job, and he wouldn’t be moving if he was going to be employed by the Chargers next year. Come on. You should probably leave the speculating to me.

Speculations (not in order of probability):

1) There is already a verbal agreement with the Bucs. They can’t announce it because they aren’t allowed to, but its done. I won’t put my house on this one, but its one very real possibility. If this was actually true then you will here some much louder rumblings that Winston is looking around as well. Again, I’m just saying this is one of the possible scenarios. You know that Arians said they would evaluate and make a decision and we wouldn’t find out until later. Well its been three weeks, and job #1 in the off-season was evaluating Winston.

2) Rivers just wants to go home and is probably going to retire.

3) Rivers just wants to be a free agent and doesn’t want teams to think he is geographically limited. He doesn’t want to stay in California, so why not move home.

4) This family man is moving his entire family across the country to save a million or two in state taxes on his next $20 million dollar contract. Yeah right.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TBayXXXVII
    Participant

No thanks on Rivers.

Dude is an old turnover machine. He’s WhiteJameis.

He’ll give us a better chance to win while we search for our QB of the future… than Winston will.  Considering the cost may be similar, I’d put my lot in Rivers over Winston.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.