Rivers moves to Florida

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Ava’Jeno
    Participant

I don’t no that rivers is an upgrade … for a good 2-4 year span Rivers was supplanted firmly at the top of that 2nd tear of QBs that you could win with if you had the prerequisite parts around him… but that was years ago and there’s no where to go but down from there… best case scenario he’s a 3rd tier guy now and probably 4th…. I’m all for moving on from Winston but fact is if we can’t sign a free agent who’s clearly better we might as well keep him …. while I don’t believe in him as a player I do believe if you give anybody with his arm ability enough years of starting  , eventually he’ll luck into a good year just by shear chance… can you imagine if a couple more defenders drop ints, a couple more circus catches… if Winston continues to start rather he actually improves as a player or not he can produce a 40 plus TD season with maybe 13-16 turnovers…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

cvillebucfan
    Participant

Rivers is done but he is better than Jameis for sure

———

youre DQ’d and self announced imbecile.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Biggs3535
    Participant

Guess it didn’t take you long to figure that one out.

The unhealthy obsession with two-time first-team All-Pro Quenton Nelson was a dead-giveaway.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Spectator
    The unhealthy obsession with two-time first-team All-Pro Quenton Nelson was a dead-giveaway.

Yup.

Clearly “gets paid the big bucks to make big football decisions”.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Roy
    Participant

Rivers an upgrade?  I don’t think that’s really how to look at it.  He would be a stopgap option if the decision was made to move on from Winston.   But at least he’s a better stopgap than the other choices (other than Brady if he was actually a choice).   He would probably command a two year contract with the first year basically guaranteed and the second year with maybe some guarantee but nothing prohibitive to get out of it.  Signing Rivers would certainly make drafting a QB early on very likely.

Whatever is going on in behind the scenes is likely going on full steam right now and as Arians said stuff is going to be decided and we aren’t going to find out about it until later. They’ve had plenty of time to study the film and make their determination about what they want to do.   Deciding about the QB is Job #1 this offseason, and Arians is a guy who doesn’t hem and haw about stuff.  He doesn’t mess around, and  I’d guess that he has done his evaluating and told Licht and the Glazers what he wants to do.  Then its up to Licht to deal with the contract side.

Its entirely possible, even probable, that decisions have already been made.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TBayXXXVII
    Participant

Rivers would sign a 3 year/$75M deal with limited guarantees… Winston would not.  I would much rather see Rivers here on that deal than Winston on any other, even if it’s a 1 year prove-it deal (for the 3rd year in a row).  Rivers being here would allow us to be respectable and a playoff potential team while thoroughly trying to find and develop a QB over the next 3 years.  Certainly better than throwing 1 or more years away with Winston.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

Rivers won’t be looking for a long-term deal like Winston will be.
    ____
    You’re River’s agent now Clownshoes?

Rating: -1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
    Biggs3535
    Participant

Rivers won’t be looking for a long-term deal like Winston will be.

____

You’re River’s agent now Clownshoes?

Sure, either that or I have a modicum of common sense – which you apparently lack.  The 38-year-old, 16-year veteran won’t be looking to cash-in on a long-term deal like the 26-year-old who is a free-agent for the first time.

This shouldn’t be controversial, but I’ve put your clueless ass on tilt and it’s showing.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

Sure, either that or I have a modicum of common sense – which you apparently lack. The 38-year-old, 16-year veteran won’t be looking to cash-in on a long-term deal like the 26-year-old who is a free-agent for the first time.

This shouldn’t be controversial, but I’ve put your clueless ass on tilt and it’s showing.
    ____
    Dude you never had common sense.

That’s your problem.

Only a clown brain like yours could develop that wild ass fantasy and flesh it out.

Stick to Madden Mr. Clownshoes.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Biggs3535
    Participant

It’s hard to believe this nitwit is making the argument that Philip Rivers is looking for a long-term deal.  Maybe Rivers, Eli Manning, and Tom Brady are all looking for long term deals in Captain Clueless’ world.

You’re too stupid to insult.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BradyTakeTheWheel
    Participant
    CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora reports there’s “a lot of buzz” about Tampa Bay being a possible landing spot for Philip Rivers.
    Rivers recently packed up his home in San Diego and moved cross country to Florida to be closer to his family (in Alabama). That doesn’t necessarily make the Bucs his first choice, but the declining 38-year-old impending free agent will undoubtedly have fewer options than past years following his fewest touchdowns thrown (23) since 2007. Rivers isn’t the worst one-year stopgap if Tampa Bay fails to iron out a deal with Jameis Winston. Tom Brady, Ryan Tannehill, Marcus Mariota and Teddy Bridgewater will also likely crop up at some point as potential fill-ins under center.
    No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You can’t make this stuff up. Bucs fans contemplating bringing in a past-his-prime turnover-machine Rivers to replace its face of the franchise QB turnover machine Winston because of a discount in salary/contract. Unbelievable.  Clown act franchise. Clowns for fans. Smh.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TBayXXXVII
    Participant

You can’t make this stuff up. Bucs fans contemplating bringing in a past-his-prime turnover-machine Rivers to replace its face of the franchise QB turnover machine Winston because of a discount in salary/contract. Unbelievable. Clown act franchise. Clowns for fans. Smh.

A few differences of note…

#1: Rivers has had multiple seasons with an Int rate at 2.0 and below.

#2: Rivers is a more accurate passer.

#3: Rivers (and his agent), won’t be looking for a big contract, i.e. 5+ years at $30M+ AAV.

#4: Rivers won’t be expected to be a “franchise QB”, just a stop gap who would improve the Bucs’ chances to make the playoffs while the rest of the team is built for the future QB.

#5: Rivers doesn’t actually suck as a QB.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A few differences of note…

#1: Rivers has had multiple seasons with an Int rate at 2.0 and below.

#2: Rivers is a more accurate passer.

#3: Rivers (and his agent), won’t be looking for a big contract, i.e. 5+ years at $30M+ AAV.

#4: Rivers won’t be expected to be a “franchise QB”, just a stop gap who would improve the Bucs’ chances to make the playoffs while the rest of the team is built for the future QB.

#5: Rivers doesn’t actually suck as a QB.

—-

Sensible reply. I don’t think Rivers is any good anymore. And I don’t think Arians is going  for any stop gap plans – he’s too ripe on the vine and has a short amount of time in this gig.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Roy
    Participant

Arians age has nothing to do with it.   This will be the second year of his contract and he wants results.  Whether that’s with Winston or Rivers or somebody else.   Any coach young or old would rather have the quarterback position solidified for a good five years.  But wishing doesn’t make it happen, and wishing Winston is the guy, needing him to be the guy, doesn’t mean he is the guy.  You have it backwards.  You don’t say “Well we don’t want a stopgap guy, so lets just let it ride with Winston.”    The decision about Winston comes first.  Then if that decision is “no” you go with the stopgap guy.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.