Viewing 47 reply threads

• Author

• The Buddy Hobbs

Participant

Called it!!! So long ago!!! Great pick!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Luke and / or Glennon will throw for 7,000 yards this year. OK maybe not but these weapons are ridiculous!!! Whoever doesn’t like this draft is crazy!!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixs0NQNIu6E

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good call, OP.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice call, nice pick...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good call on making ASJ the rounded building, Chace

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Poor man’s Wes Welker or Percy Harvin?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably could have an Amendola type impact…sans the injuries.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Poor man's Wes Welker or Percy Harvin?

No, he's scared of the middle of the field so oddly while people see him as a slot he doesn't much like the parts of the field that go with the slot. More almost an Emmanuel Sanders type.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, he's scared of the middle of the field so oddly while people see him as a slot he doesn't much like the parts of the field that go with the slot. More almost an Emmanuel Sanders type.

Hmmm... Every highlight I've seen, he looked just fine in traffic, and as a Longhorn fan, I can tell you he was frustrating to deal with. I would like to believe that if our WR coach worked with him in college that he would know whether or not he can handle the middle of the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I admittedly didn’t watch any games of his but all the videos I’ve watched he’s been over the middle a lot and has taken/dished out some good hits.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very excited by this pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was pulling for him with our first 5th round pick big time so when we nabbed him that late I fist pumped. :D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no idea, don’t think I’ve seen a Wyoming game ever.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So anybody else have any interest in seeing a foot race between Herron and Demps? Herron (pro-day) ran a 4.25 and Demps ran a 4.26. I don’t think we lack for speed anymore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So anybody else have any interest in seeing a foot race between Herron and Demps? Herron (pro-day) ran a 4.25 and Demps ran a 4.26. I don't think we lack for speed anymore.

Herron wasn't nearly that fast at a neutral field - at the combine he was just a touch under 4.5.  Demps is the much faster man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So anybody else have any interest in seeing a foot race between Herron and Demps? Herron (pro-day) ran a 4.25 and Demps ran a 4.26. I don't think we lack for speed anymore.

Herron wasn't nearly that fast at a neutral field - at the combine he was just a touch under 4.5.  Demps is the much faster man.

I saw that, but I was going with their best times recorded. I would still like to see it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hmmm... Every highlight I've seen, he looked just fine in traffic, and as a Longhorn fan, I can tell you he was frustrating to deal with. I would like to believe that if our WR coach worked with him in college that he would know whether or not he can handle the middle of the field.

I saw 3 WY games for some odd reason this year and he didn't look excited about the middle of the field. Good pick for R6, lots of ability but he's not a Welker type guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some more about his senior bowl effort which got me, frankly, a lot more excited about him than did his games:http://www.mwcconnection.com/2014-nfl-draft/2014/1/25/5342664/2014-senior-bowl-robert-herronThis review gives him better marks for bravery than I was seeing him,

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Show me 1 receiver that is excited to go over the middle. Suicidal tendencies.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Show me 1 receiver that is excited to go over the middle. Suicidal tendencies.

There are plenty of guys who aren't shying away from it the way Herron looked to be doing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW dal, the CBS scout report says hes fearless to go to the middle, so there is contradicting info/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW dal, the CBS scout report says hes fearless to go to the middle, so there is contradicting info/

Might be the games I saw because the nfl report seems to jibe with what I saw. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I know. there are two conflicting reports.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love this pick!! Type of guys we need!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watch Herron put the moves on Jean-Baptiste (NO’s 2nd round pick) for a TD at the SeinorBowl Practices at the end of the following video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io-p8u6GJvs

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Jean-Baptiste got slayed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kid is going to be a stud!!! Use him like a Sproles

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/robert-herron?id=2543777WeaknessesDoes not play fast. Marginal toughness -- does not like crossing the middle or extending across his frame. Drifts in his routes. Short-arms the ball. Does not adjust to or track the deep ball well. Lacks physical strength and is jarred on contact after the catch. Carries the ball loosely. Disinterested blocker, especially on the backside. Regularly matched up vs. inferior competition. Has been dinged a lot and long-term durability is a concern. I will admit right now I am bised, but a better selection would have been Albert Wilson from Ga State. He was a tremendous blocker at GSU and was definitely not afraid of contact. Also has actual return experience, as opposed to Herron. Wilson was just overall much more productive. He ran faster than Herron at the combine as well. I don't trust that 4.25 number from his pro day at all. Having said that, rooting for the guy now because he's a Buc. Was hoping for Wilson from my school and got excited when they brought him in for a visit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was at Macy’s getting a Mom’s day gift when I checked the phone and saw we drafted him…I said “oh sh*t!!” a bit too loud. Loved this pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lmao @ Chace

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lmao @ Chace

Lmao at the whole board; there is so much comedic material here, sometimes I think it is a meeting place for SNL writers and not a board to discuss the best football franchise ever!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was pretty crazy not 1 Texas player was drafted this year. Poor recruiting?  Poor development?  Seems as though the better prospects are flocking to A&M, for whatever reason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Demps going to the Olympics says it all, but Herron was a track guy in HS in California. Finished right behind De'Anthony Thomas in the 200 meters in 2009 (Thomas set the national HS record the following year).

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Herron is cat quick though in and out of his cuts .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was pretty crazy not 1 Texas player was drafted this year. Poor recruiting?  Poor development?  Seems as though the better prospects are flocking to A&M, for whatever reason.

And now we know why Mack Brown was relieved of his coaching position. I'm really excited about the new coach Charlie Strong!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am sooooooo glad we didnt draft OBJ or Cooks in the 1st round when the exact same type of player is available in the 6th round. Great pickup. Give them an A. If they had picked one of the others in the 1st round I would have given them a solid F.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And now we know why Mack Brown was relieved of his coaching position. I'm really excited about the new coach Charlie Strong!!!

No where to go but up. But he is taking over a team with a bare cupboard.  It will take a few years, hopefully he gets the time to rebuild.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@gregaumanFew rookie jersey numbers for Bucs: TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins gets 87 (does he change @Aesj88?), WR Robert Herron 14, RB Charles Sims 34.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Micheal smith got released. He was #34 right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Micheal smith got released. He was #34 right?

Yeah...@NFLSTROUD:#Bucs sign Texas A&M LB Steven Jenkins and release RB Michael Smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Smith getting cut should reminds us that speed alone does not make you a good football player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Herron and how he runs his routes but one thing you don’t see him do is extend for the football and try to go out and get it. If he starts to do more of that he can become a pretty nice weapon for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@gregaumanFew rookie jersey numbers for Bucs: TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins gets 87 (does he change @Aesj88?), WR Robert Herron 14, RB Charles Sims 34.

Isnt Stocker 88? That probably wont be occupied for long.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Yes , Puke has his #88

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he waits out until August he can get 88 back.

Please wait…

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.