Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

This report from National Football Post:Size - 5087 - 193 - 4.48Strong Points - Athlete, speed, hands, adjust to ball, pass routes, run after catch, compete in traffic, had a strong senior bowl weekWeak Points - Size, can only be a slot at the next level2013 Stats: 72 catches for 937 yards and nine touchdownsSummation - Herron is a fourth-year senior and a three-year starter. As a freshman, he played both wide receiver and running back. He has only recently become a receiver (2011 season). In high school, Herron was not only a very good football player, but was also a top track athlete with personal bests of 10.5 in the 100 meters and 20.99 in the 200 meters.Herron plays both inside and out at Wyoming. He is used on a variety of routes including bubble screens, outs, slants, and crossing routes. With his speed, he is also used deep.Herron may be short, but he is not small, he has a solid build to go along with very good strength (18 reps of 225 at the Combine). He is quick off the ball and does a very good job of both working through and avoiding jams. He is quick into his routes and has the flexibility to drop his hips and get in and out of a cut quickly. With his body control and quick feet, he is effective with multi-cut routes. He consistently gets open on both short and deep routes.He has good hands and can track the ball and make the difficult catch. He shows the courage to compete for the ball in traffic. After the catch, he is an instinctive and strong runner who has the ability to make people miss in space. His run skills allow him to turn a short pass into a long gain.If Herron were two inches taller, we would be talking about him as a premium round draft pick. His height will likely limit him to being a slot receiver, but he can be very effective in that role. I can see him being used as a club's primary slot very early in his career. While he has not been a returner in college, he has the traits to be a good NFL return man. Herron should be a solid third round pick, fourth round at worst.[empty][empty]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, exciting. The offense has weapons and depth

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love the pick. We have a slot WR finally. Hopefully he can bring something to our shitty return game too. See ya later Page.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds like exactly what we needed. Awesome way to finish the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

CBS gives the Bucs an A- for HarronLink: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/drafttracker

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans JacksonHerronMurphyDawsonHawkinsOwusuStreetersPage....Should be able to get a decent 5 or 6 wideouts from that...  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

CBS gives the Bucs an A- for HarronLink: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/drafttracker

See that says fearless across the middle. But NFL.com says he is scared lol. Which one is right  ???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw that contradiction also.Guess we will have to wait

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What worries me is the injury history and small frame but aside from that he sounds very promising and like good value in the 6th.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are so many players to evaluate i think some of these guys watch 1 game and start writing copy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@gregauman  4mBucs connection on rookie WR Robert Herron -- QBs coach Marcus Arroyo was his offensive coordinator in 2010 ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What worries me is the injury history and small frame but aside from that he sounds very promising and like good value in the 6th.

He started every game the past 2 years. Did have some injury problems before that though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s the KR with home run speed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s actually only returned 3 kicks his entire college career, so who knows if he will be used that way or not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love this pick. See his nice moves on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io-p8u6GJvs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah just read he’ll  be a slot guy. Guess we can count on Demps for KR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah just read he'll  be a slot guy. Guess we can count on Demps for KR.

But we need and have always lacked a PUNT returner. Maybe one of these guys can do it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie said Herron will be learning the return duties.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m glad to hear that, he certainly looks like he’d be a good return man but he just hasnt done it much. I’m curious to see if he can step right in and be our main slot guy, if he can beat out Murphy for #3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The know-it-alls on ESPN said he ws one of their favorite picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think Demps…or anyone else…will make the team simply to return kicks. With the selection of Sims and Herron and even having Eric Page still around, I’m not sure the Bucs are giving us a positive vibe on what they may really think of Jeff Demps.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

L&L killed this draft…not like St. Louis but definitely a great draft! Herron was the home run we’ve been missing for a while

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m so excited about this kid!!! Him and Sims!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah Demps and Page definitely seem expendable if Herron becomes a decent return man. I’d love to see Demps’ speed on the field more, but they must see someone in that RB group as expendable.Rainey/James/Martin are such similar backs though that maybe one of those first two becomes the odd man out. Lovie certainly sounded ecstatic about Rainey after the mini camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

James is toast because he doesn’t have the special teams prowess of Herron or Demps and he isn’t better than Martin or Sims.  And yeah Lovie liked what he saw from Rainey.

Please wait…

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.