Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• Pennywise

Participant

#Bucs are re-signing DT Rakeem Nunez-Roches to a 2-year, $5M deal

• BucsSavant

Participant

Would have rather spent that money towards AB or Suh(unless they both still resign,in which case disregard. Roches was solid but far from spectacular. Very replaceable

• Pennywise

Participant

I think they draft Suh replacement, AB real possibility, and James white rb addition

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by Pennywise.

• cb

Participant

need backups obviously. he did well for us last year. needed him or someone like him. so that’s done. it has no bearing on ab and suh who i think both need to be back (unless suh makes crazy demands which i doubt)

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by cb.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Ugh, I have a feeling this means Suh’s too expensive.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Ugh, I have a feeling this means Suh’s too expensive.

My fear as well

• buc run

Participant

This is depth. I believe Suh WILL be back!

• Barnz1

Participant

I don’t get our obsession with this guy. Average run stopper at best with no pass rush moves. He gets pancaked a ton at the LOS. 45 PFF grade which is one of the worst grades in the NFL.

Wayyyyy better options out there on the market for similar money. And if that means he’s replacing Suh then….lol

• BucsSavant

Participant

This is depth. I believe Suh WILL be back!

I hope you’re right, and they don’t play the same position so this certainly doesn’t eliminate the possibility. I just find it odd this was prioritized over Suh. But could also just mean it was a much easier negotiation.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Needed another DT so this might be all they can afford, just because the front office has exceeded expectations for resigning guys so far it’s like people assume they can get everybody, I’m totally happy with what they’ve done if the moneys gone.

• ratiffshabang

Participant

Solid depth/rotational player, but would MUCH rather have used that towards re-signing Suh. Suh was the key to the dline, he brings that nasty intensity that we haven’t had sense Sapp. I realize he is past his prime and age is creeping up on him, but his fierce attitude (on the field) and leadership are incredibly hard to replace. Correct me if im wrong (as I’m much more familiar with traditional 4-3 and Tampa 2 positions) but doesn’t Nacho back up Vita and not Suh? Nacho was super important bc we haven’t gotten a full season from Vea yet, so experience behind him is def needed. Suh would incredibly difficult to replace at this point, esp when you are going all in again on a Super Bowl run. If it came down to potentially losing Nacho due to a lower contract offer in order to bring back Suh, or Nachos new contract and then crossing our fingers to get Suh on a small 1 year deal or even possibly having to draft a starting DT/NT….then hands down you risk losing Nacho in order to secure Suh for at least one more season. All the intangibles,ability, experience, intensity, and leadership he brings can’t be replaced by a rookie on a team trying to repeat a Super Bowl

• obuc

Participant

If suh signs and i expect he will, i think its coming soon now. Maybe he wanted to see this contract first?

• BucsSavant

Participant

Solid depth/rotational player, but would MUCH rather have used that towards re-signing Suh. Suh was the key to the dline, he brings that nasty intensity that we haven’t had sense Sapp. I realize he is past his prime and age is creeping up on him, but his fierce attitude (on the field) and leadership are incredibly hard to replace. Correct me if im wrong (as I’m much more familiar with traditional 4-3 and Tampa 2 positions) but doesn’t Nacho back up Vita and not Suh? Nacho was super important bc we haven’t gotten a full season from Vea yet, so experience behind him is def needed. Suh would incredibly difficult to replace at this point, esp when you are going all in again on a Super Bowl run. If it came down to potentially losing Nacho due to a lower contract offer in order to bring back Suh, or Nachos new contract and then crossing our fingers to get Suh on a small 1 year deal or even possibly having to draft a starting DT/NT….then hands down you risk losing Nacho in order to secure Suh for at least one more season. All the intangibles,ability, experience, intensity, and leadership he brings can’t be replaced by a rookie on a team trying to repeat a Super Bowl

Correct, roches is a nose guard like Vea, which gives me hope they still might re up suh. Spot on post, people underestimate how hard it will be to replace Suh. He is a tone setter, much like Jensen on offense. That isn’t replaced merely by similar stats.

• BucsSavant

Participant

need backups obviously. he did well for us last year. needed him or someone like him. so that’s done. it has no bearing on ab and suh who i think both need to be back (unless suh makes crazy demands which i doubt)

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by cb.

Cap space, kid. It all has bearing. But it certainly doesn’t exclude.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Very good depth and I like that it is for two years. Gives the Bucs some continuity in that front seven with Shaq, D. White, and Lavonte David.

Build the trenches!

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

I still don’t get that this is getting missed so badly. If Suh was so important knowing what the front office knows about his negotiation, he would have been cap counted before not only nacho, but godwin, and Barrett, and gronk, and David, and succop….but I’m going to assume the reason Suh and Fournette and AB are not signed is because they want more than the team values them (if at all) comparatively. Straight logic.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

They can want more all they want but DT, RB and WR are all flooded out there in FA right now.

Perriman is going to the Lions, Fuller is going to Miami and the rumors are that JuJu is going to sign soon.

Build the trenches!

• Swash

Participant

Seems like we overpaid a bit on this one.

• BucsSavant

Participant

I still don’t get that this is getting missed so badly. If Suh was so important knowing what the front office knows about his negotiation, he would have been cap counted before not only nacho, but godwin, and Barrett, and gronk, and David, and succop….but I’m going to assume the reason Suh and Fournette and AB are not signed is because they want more than the team values them (if at all) comparatively. Straight logic.

Thanks for the straight logic, chief. Appreciative that you are here to let us peasants know exactly what’s going on in the front offices mind 🙄

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Thanks for the straight logic, chief. Appreciative that you are here to let us peasants know exactly what’s going on in the front offices mind 🙄

Yeah it’s not my logic, I’m just making the basic assumption that the front office is not working in reverse order of importance. Suh is the key to this defense, so let’s spend all the cap on Barrett and David? Yeah right.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Yeah it’s not my logic, I’m just making the basic assumption that the front office is not working in reverse order of importance. Suh is the key to this defense, so let’s spend all the cap on Barrett and David? Yeah right.

I don’t think anyone claimed Suh was *the* key to the defense, or more of a priority than David or Shaq, just that he should be more of one than nacho. I can assure you, offers have been made. As someone else stated, he’s probably biding his time to get as much as he can get get from Tampa before signing.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

I hear you, and I also don’t think nacho is nearly as important as Suh, but it appears the front office might think cost wise getting nacho back is a better value or simply all they can afford. I just try to read their moves and best guess what might be going on, but that’s all we can do really right now.

• Pennywise

Participant

Obviously the Bucs are willing to lose Suh , which tells me he is asking for too much , there are some good dL in this draft to replace him , McNeil being my favorite.

• Pennywise

Participant

• JC5100

Participant

Don’t sleep on Jurrell Casey as a Suh replacement.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Suh is next. Front office has yet to show us that they can’t get it done. Have some faith.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.