Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• TCB2W!

Participant

So all these people on the board love Rojo. A running back that is a detriment in the pass game after 3 years. He is also not as good blocker on passing downs. He is going into his final year of his rookie contract. Everyone says dont give a big contact to a RB off his rookie contract. Okay you love him so much but it’s most likely his last year as RBs have the lowest shelflife in the NFL and his horrible production in the passing game. Why is everyone so up on him. He is cringeworthy in the passing game. Only Tanner Hudson catches worse than he does. So what is the upside past his last year on his rookie contract. Why do people act like he is a top running back. He was top 10 in yards per run last year, but what’s the point if he can’t catch or block? Help me understand. Is it the insane blind people who had faith in Winston after year 4 and even after 30 ints in year 5? After awhile you have to accept what you have is a turd and move on.

• delgreco

Participant

Dude ran well. Ran hard. Ran hurt. Showed juice. Hey he doesn’t have great hands, and I wouldn’t call him elite. But he is a legit NFL back.

Bring back Lenny. They played well together.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Are you accusing other running backs of being lazy? They all running hard trying to make that money but it doesnt change he has not shown any ability to be a 3 down back and the other team knows 90 pct of the time he is running up the gut. This is his last time on a rookie deal. would you pay him. I certainly wouldnt. I would 100 pct replace this one dimensional back in the draft. The fact in the playoffs Fournette had 448 yards in 4 games compared to RoJo having 139 says everything to me.

• Mic

Participant

Im most likely not resigning him unless he shows improvement in his hands to be a reliable passcatcher.

One guy I really like is Marlon Mack USF guy who i thought wouldn’t be as successful in the pros proved me wrong and has looked exactly as he did at USF as he does now in the pros. Same speed and burst that gets him in the open field. Willing to say he’s a similar Rojo with a little less power but better hands. Probably only can fetch about 2-3M a year

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Short memories, like fournette being a lead back when almost all season he wasn’t, until rojo got hurt. Rojo improved his running, but neither is very good and can be replaced by almost anybody out there on the market. The ONLY special thing about either right now is a year in the offense.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

“I would 100 pct replace this one dimensional back in the draft. The fact in the playoffs Fournette had 448 yards in 4 games compared to RoJo having 139 says everything to me.”

Rojo didn’t play in the Washington game because of a quad injury and he was still hurting from it in the Saints & GB game. He didn’t look like himself until the SB. Did you forget all that? So of course he had less yards than Fournette in the postseason. In the regular season when both were healthy RoJo was clearly the more dynamic rushing back. I want a RB in round 1 as well but stop acting like RoJo didn’t have a pretty damn good year running the ball.

And yeah he’s one dimensional, but that isn’t news to anyone.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Most people pivot to a straw man after they start losing an argument. This dude just started there. Yikes…

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

RoJo has shown improvement year to year but no way has he shown enough to earn a second contract with the Bucs. Bucs will sign a vet RB, continue developing Vaughn and also draft another RB this year.

If the Bucs can sign a veteran RB on a 2-3 year deal the Bucs will have along with 2021 draftee and Vaughn three RB’s under contract for this year and 2022.

That is sound cap and roster management IMO.

Build the trenches!

• buc_boi

Participant

99 yard touchdown runs don’t just grow on trees.

• kenntak

Participant

I know RoJo is not the perfect back, but I enjoy watching him run, and his drive to get extra yards. I have a feeling that he will explode next season if given the opportunity and stays healthy.

• RW

Participant

Rojo is a better runner than Fournette but Lenny is a better receiver and blocker. But neither one is a complete back.( e.g. Kamara) I doubt RoJo becomes even a half decent receiver because besides his “iffy” hands his route running is questionable at best. Also his pass blocking is below average as well. Fournette had a very good playoff run but if signed do you get that guy or the regular season underperformer? If other teams throw lots of money at LF and he leaves then the Bucs will go all out for a guy like James White. Also expect a guy like Vaughn will get a lot more touches this year as he has shown glimpses of being a solid runner and receiver.

• RW

Participant

neither do dropped passes and missed blocks.

• buc_boi

Participant

neither do dropped passes and missed blocks.

Neither are good pass catchers.
      Ill give ya the dropped passes doe, but Rojo was the better blocker last year.

There was reasons why playoff Lenny was a healthy scratch so often during the regular season.

• buccnation

Participant

I wouldn’t give RoJo big money at all. But he’s a better back than Fournette is so I’d rather the Bucs not throw money towards Fournette and instead go after another 3rd down back. Fournette was horrible as a blocker and very poor as a receiver. Rojo is a very good runner but is also a poor blocker and receiver. He can be replaced through the draft or free agency. Running back is the least of my concerns.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I fully expect the Bucs to go RB at #32.

So, whoever that ends up being, will most likely make Lenny and RoJo afterthoughts.

• ryan24

Participant

OP leads with the chin and the straw man.

Well done!

• RW

Participant

I fully expect the Bucs to go RB at #32.

So, whoever that ends up being, will most likely make Lenny and RoJo afterthoughts.

nope D line. running backs are always available.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I’m hoping it’s not a RB either. Absolutely horrible value.

But, considering we’re still in “all-in” mode, I can see it happening.

Personally, I’m going DL/OL.

• seekpar

Participant

Rojo had two cracks at the end zone from the 1 yd line in the Super Bowl and couldn’t punch it in. James White couldn’t be stopped in a similar situation a few Super Bowls before and scored the winning TD in OT to sink the Falcons.

If I had to choose, White is the easy choice. Equal runner, better blocker, much better pass catcher.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Rojo had two cracks at the end zone from the 1 yd line in the Super Bowl and couldn’t punch it in. James White couldn’t be stopped in a similar situation a few Super Bowls before and scored the winning TD in OT to sink the Falcons.

If I had to choose, White is the easy choice. Equal runner, better blocker, much better pass catcher.

Equal as a runner? Come on man. No one believes that, not even you. Rojo has his weaknesses to be sure, but you can’t shit on his entire game over them.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

White is underrated as a runner. People see his work as a receiver but as a runner he is legit.

White is 5’10” 205 lbs RB so he isn’t a tiny back.

Build the trenches!

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Rojo is definitely one dimensional and he isn’t that good at that one dimension either. I’ve said this in other threads and will say it here. He can’t pass block, he can’t catch passes out of the backfield (or if he does, he fumbles them). And he can’t run between the tackles.

He got stuffed TWICE in the Super Bowl on the 1 yard line when Fournette having more power would’ve punched it in easily. Notice that he got benched immediately after turning it over on downs on the 1 yard line. It’s time to move on from him.

And for those who insist on drafting another back, this draft is deep with them. Trey Sermon (Ohio St) or Chubba Hubbard (OK St) would be a steal in the later rounds.

• buccnation

Participant

Haha yet you want to sign Fournette? A guy that is a very poor blocker, below average receiver, and a worse runner than RoJo. Jones atleast was one of the best in the league at yards after contact. Fournette wasn’t even average.

I’m fine with bringing RoJo back but on a team friendly deal. He’s a very good runner but that’s about it at this stage in his career. But atleast give him his props for what he’s good at.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.