Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• theknees

Participant

All of these players shit their pants a couple of times last night. Why in God’s name is Jones being punished and the other two (both have had recent hiccups dating back to late last season), are not. Is Jones a bad guy? We needed him last night and Arian’s way of punishing him early needs to stop.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yeah, if you’re can forgive others for their blatant miscues, you have to extend that same level of respect to RoJo who got popped.

4net can’t catch in games. For whatever reasons, as soon as the bullets fly for real he turns into a small girl trying to catch a football. Just cringey the way he catches. RoJo needs someone to place the ball delicately into his hands or it’s a drop.

Godwin is having issues with his hands as well. I know he doesn’t have the best hands Brady has ever seen, as 12 has stated. Not even close. I still like Godwin a ton, but he needs to be consistently dependable. His anomalous drops are becoming a thing for him. The fumble was an absolute heartbreaker for me. They could have buried that team right there. And he could have easily been called for a push off at the end (whew)…Bucs got very very lucky to pull out that W.

Better lucky than good. Always said that and it applies again. Has anyone seen a Vegas line like that in a while?

• BadabingBucs

Participant

All of these players shit their pants a couple of times last night. Why in God’s name is Jones being punished and the other two (both have had recent hiccups dating back to late last season), are not. Is Jones a bad guy? We needed him last night and Arian’s way of punishing him early needs to stop.

Fournette is better than Jones. Fournette is a running back so hands aren’t expected to be great and his hands are still better than Jones albeit frustrating tip interception on his part. Jone’s fumble was inexcusable. Bruce said Jones was struggling to get over the fumble but to be honest i didnt want him out there after that pathetic carry.

as for Godwin, the guy is a beast. His fumble was very frustrating and could of been the reason we lost but he is also one of the reasons we won the game.

Fournette should start the game again next week and you throw Jones back in there if Fournette doesnt get any tracation but they should give Lenny the first few drives

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Yeah, if you’re can forgive others for their blatant miscues, you have to extend that same level of respect to RoJo who got popped.

4net can’t catch in games. For whatever reasons, as soon as the bullets fly for real he turns into a small girl trying to catch a football. Just cringey the way he catches. RoJo needs someone to place the ball delicately into his hands or it’s a drop.

Godwin is having issues with his hands as well. I know he doesn’t have the best hands Brady has ever seen, as 12 has stated. Not even close. I still like Godwin a ton, but he needs to be consistently dependable. His anomalous drops are becoming a thing for him. The fumble was an absolute heartbreaker for me. They could have buried that team right there. And he could have easily been called for a push off at the end (whew)…Bucs got very very lucky to pull out that W.

Better lucky than good. Always said that and it applies again. Has anyone seen a Vegas line like that in a while?

Lenny saved the game with that one catch where Brady threw with his eyes closed lol

• Boid Fink

Participant

I almost shit myself when he came down with that ball, and almost pissed myself when Brady threw it.

That play really was a minor miracle for many reasons.

Notably because Brady made a very athletic albeit I’ll advised toss, and 4net while being smothered high pointed that shot put and came down with it…plaster of Paris chips flying everywhere from his hands…

Very lucky game for the Bucs in many regards. I had a bad feeling about it, and it almost came to fruition, except for some iffy plays and situations that could have gone either way. Better lucky than good. Bucs better be good next week, or it’s back to what they did last year…which is to play very inconsistent football. They should be better but last night was bad as a result of turnovers and lack of defense.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Saw some stat that we are the 3rd team ever to win despite:

4+ turnovers
      450 yards given up on defense
      100 yards of penalties

We tried to give this game away… luckily we didn’t have Aimless Jameis at the helm

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

when Fournett goes hard like he played at Atlanta last year, or like he did in the playoff run we’ll take that all day, he’s not special but we just need someone reliable. But sometimes he just doesn’t have that urgency and he can really stink up the joint. RoJo has way more juice and is so fun to watch (when not messing up) so our eyes want to see him play more.

Both guys are just really flawed in important areas, just look at Fournette and that horrible drop that led to an INT last night…but Rojo probably fails to catch that too and it going into the hands of the defense the same exact way.

• Swash

Participant

Godwin’s fumble was just an example of trying to do too much. He’s the least of my worries.

It’s easy for us to sit back and say Arians is being unfair to RoJo but we really don’t know the dynamic and what is being said behind the scenes.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Saw some stat that we are the 3rd team ever to win despite:

4+ turnovers
      450 yards given up on defense
      100 yards of penalties

We tried to give this game away… luckily we didn’t have Aimless Jameis at the helm

i said this in another thread…the Brady factor is huge.

Let’s just say by chance last night we had Jameis and he was balling out like Brady with 4 TDs and the game was 29-28…

that Godwin catch which was not pass interference but could be called either way; 9 times out of 10 with Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers; that isn’t called..

when you have mediocre guys like Winston or like we saw in our history in Tampa; 9 times out of 10 they are calling that a penalty on us and out of field goal range.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

Godwin had a crazy catch percentage even when he had to catch Winston wild balls that were misty behind him.

He has struggled at times with the tougher catches ever since he broke his finger last year.

I hope he bounces back.

Both runningback can’t catch… I felt bad for Jones but he has a way of fumbling at the worst time.

He looked so sad on the sideline

• Vance

Participant

Not sure why Evans was not mentioned in this. That guy turns into a ghost when big games come around. Atleast Godwin is producing. My issue with Godwin is this . He is always diving for balls. No reason to leave your feet on 80% of your deep passes.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Not sure why Evans was not mentioned in this. That guy turns into a ghost when big games come around. Atleast Godwin is producing. My issue with Godwin is this . He is always diving for balls. No reason to leave your feet on 80% of your deep passes.

Evans gets the opposing teams best corner. He had Diggs for like 80% of his snaps.

Evans has always been boom or bust. Like same when he’s matched up against Marshon Lattimore who has his number.

i see Godwin, Evans, and Brown all eclipsing 1000 yards this year and all close to, if not exceeding the double digit TD mark.

Brady goes for 50 TDs this year and over 5000 yards

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

I get the sentiment about Rojo. However in a room looking for touches that’s gonna be expected. Unfortunate because he is the most explosive runner.

Fournette giving away the pick ? Idk WHY we are enduring these when we got Gio Bernard for those EXACT plays?!?!

Godwin is where my anger lies most. He was is arguably my fav Buc but these drops ?!?! You can’t drop bread basket , easy lay ups. Ones with some difficulty, I can justify. Easy in your hands drops, that’s another story. I question the mental stability in some of our guys with pressure on to be SB level.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Evans gets the opposing teams best corner. He had Diggs for like 80% of his snaps.

Evans has always been boom or bust. Like same when he’s matched up against Marshon Lattimore who has his number.

i see Godwin, Evans, and Brown all eclipsing 1000 yards this year and all close to, if not exceeding the double digit TD mark.

Brady goes for 50 TDs this year and over 5000 yards

^
      Evans draws coverage away from everyone else, and Brady is always going to take what’s available as opposed to forcing anything. It’s a matter of pick your poison, and Dallas decided Evans was the poison they didn’t want. Not worried about mike, he will have his games

• Runole

Participant

Jones was too affected by his fumble.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Lenny saved the game with that one catch where Brady threw with his eyes closed lol

It was a classic Winnie pass. I guess even the GOAT makes a bad throw now and then. Winnie makes a couple of those WTF passes per game.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Jones was too affected by his fumble.

You might be right. They kept showing him on the bench after the fumble and he had this lost look on his face.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Rojo will be fine, we will need all those guys through a 17 game regular season and then playoffs as well.

• Donkey

Participant

Rojo will be fine, we will need all those guys through a 17 game regular season and then playoffs as well.

We might need him but he’s a very mediocre RB. Another questionable draft pick for whatever he was, a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I’m open to upgrading the position when the opportunity arises.

• BucBalla85

Participant

We might need him but he’s a very mediocre RB. Another questionable draft pick for whatever he was, a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I’m open to upgrading the position when the opportunity arises.

I dont think he is mediocre at all. Can’t remember which week it stopped but was later in the season, he was like 3 or 4 in the league in rushing until at least our bye week. Remember seeing it and being kinda surprised by it then he gets hurt. I’d give Fournette the rock for now but Rojo will be back in.

• Charles

Participant

Rojo is unreliable. Inconsistent. And not worthy of anything better than 3rd string.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

Lol Donkey…

I’d love to here what makes him a mediocre runningback.

His 2020 stats even while missing 2 games are pretty decent.

If he wouldn’t have gotten benched because of his 2 lost fumbles and his injury he would have good numbers.

Gordon, Zeke, Jacobs all had fumble issues and numbers close or worse than Rojo

Zeke 6 fumbles 5 lost
      979 yards 244 carries 4.0 avg

Gordon 4 fumbles 4 lost
      986 yards 215 carries 4.6 avg

Jacobs 2 fumbles 2 lost
      1,065 yards 273 carries 3.9 avg

Rojo 2 fumbles 2 lost
      978 yards 192 carries 5.1 avg

Not exactly mediocre company…

Arians needs to manage ROJO better

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

If we didn’t have Fournette, would Rojo be on such a short leash?

• BucsFan83

Participant

Read an article that Arians kept him out because he took the fumble to hard. He couldn’t get past it mentally. It’s a good thing he isn’t a corner back and we have fournette.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Rojo is the best pure runner on the team, and I don’t think it’s particularly close. The problem his, he is essentially worthless in all other phases of the game

• kenntak

Participant

I understand taking it hard, but mentally, you have to put it behind you and make up for it. I am disappointed that RoJo could not make it back, that’s not what the best do. He has to change his attitude, not become dead weight after a mistake.

It looked to me like Evans’ reactions were a little slow tonight on the deflected passes. I know those passes are difficult to catch, but he seemed a little lethargic. Did anyone else think that?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by kenntak.

• buccnation

Participant

Fournette is extremely overrated. Rojo is by far our best runner and Bernard is our best receiver out of the backfield. Rojo will bounce back and hopefully take over the majority of running duties.

He just has to get over this fumbling hurdle.

• dalbuc

Participant

The problem for RoJo is he is good at the least valuable part of the game and a flat liability everywhere else. His season, statistically was made in CAR with one run that accounted for over 10% of his season yards so he wasn’t a huge value add the rest of the year even as a rusher. Unlike a guy like Godwin who is an elite player RoJo is basically a backup RB that starts because we don’t have any better options.

• Ja’crispy

Participant

Rojo’s confidence was messed up too much to come back into that game. Cant really blame anyone but him for not getting back into the game. HOLD ON TO THAT BALL BOY!!!

• Boid Fink

Participant

He was very good in the playoffs. Some of his plays were very special, and 4net isn’t JAG. If he catches that screen he is going for some huge yardage. I have trust in Fournette and RoJo. I would not have benched RoJo for the entire game though…he made a mistake, maybe he was mentally crushed after that. He is a sensitive sort: he didn’t want to play in Tampa at first, had to adjust to living in the east coast. He couldn’t take the negative talk so he deleted his social media for a while. He was out of sorts looking after his benching…I doubt RoJo would have bounced back after a healthy scratch. He seems to soft. 4net was pissy about it but unfugged himself and got his stuff together, used it as motivation. RoJo just gets down, mentally.

RoJo has hands that are arguably worse, and his blocking is worse (4net picked up a lot of nice blocks during his hot run).

when Fournett goes hard like he played at Atlanta last year, or like he did in the playoff run we’ll take that all day, he’s not special but we just need someone reliable. But sometimes he just doesn’t have that urgency and he can really stink up the joint. RoJo has way more juice and is so fun to watch (when not messing up) so our eyes want to see him play more.

Both guys are just really flawed in important areas, just look at Fournette and that horrible drop that led to an INT last night…but Rojo probably fails to catch that too and it going into the hands of the defense the same exact way.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

I did notice Evans being lethargic as well.

But more so his reaction time seemed slow at times.

Maybe he was having vision issues, like a migraine or something.

Or he was still drunk from the boat parade!

• Boid Fink

Participant

He looked lethargic? I didn’t see that. I think they planned for him, and let the dice roll with the shitty coverage of the rest of the secondary. Have to pick and choose your wins and losses in their event. And apparently in the Bucs, because half the field is a sieve.

I did notice Evans being lethargic as well.

But more so his reaction time seemed slow at times.

Maybe he was having vision issues, like a migraine or something.

Or he was still drunk from the boat parade!

• seekpar

Participant

Ball security = Wins

The Bucs were very fortunate to win that game with 4 turnovers vs 1 for the Cowpukes.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.