Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author

• TCB2W!

Participant

I was reading on PFF that Ronnie was the only edge in the draft that boasted a run defense and pass rush grade over 90. The ranked him their 43rd best player. Looking at his college stats, he improved each year. We all know how Arians wants to stop the run first.

Year School Class Pos G Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk
      2018 Oklahoma FR DE 14 17 20 37 8.0 5.0
      2019 Oklahoma SO DL 12 28 10 38 13.5 6.0
      2020 Oklahoma JR DE 6 16 7 23 10.5 5.5
      Career Oklahoma 61 37 98 32.0 16.5

His highlights look good, but I am not able to break down tape like some on here can. Does he look like a good fit at 32?

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

The problem is, Oklahoma isn’t known for producing great defensive ends. That whole conference is an offensive powerhouse and a defensive wasteland.

• TCB2W!

Participant

If they are an offensive powerhouse that implies good OLines too. Wouldn’t an edge rusher flourishing being a good sign?

• Greattimes

Participant

The problem is, Oklahoma isn’t known for producing great defensive ends. That whole conference is an offensive powerhouse and a defensive wasteland.

Lee Roy Selmon.

• Pennywise

Participant

Some pretty good defensive players have come out of big 12 , TCU puts them out

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Yup.

I was thinking about this the other day. And I was studying what the Patriots and BB were doing this off season…and they too were loading up on defensive players with high run stopping grades via free agency.

NFL teams in general are loading up on DBs and run stopping defenders to stop the run and force third and long situations where coverage sacks/pressures can happen due to NFL rule changes over the years.

Perkins is probably much higher on the Bucs board than anyone wants to admit. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Patriots scoop him up.

Build the trenches!

• adkindo

Participant

The Big12 has been more balanced over the last couple years and far less offensive explosion as was once the narrative. WVU was the #1 pass defense in the country last year which is an example of something that would not have and could not have happened in the Big12 a few years ago. Just an example of the changes taking place….Alabama gave up more yards per game than WVU, Iowa State, Oklahoma and TCU.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.