Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• Madman

Participant

Stanley could be there at 9. Our own Steve White says he’d take Ronnie Stanley over Larry Tunsil ‘seven days a week and twice on Sunday.’ Here's his breakdown.http://www.sbnation.com/2016/3/28/11184656/2016-nfl-draft-breakdown-ronnie-stanley-notre-dame-laremy-tunsil

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Steve White once preached on how great Greg Robinson from Auburn would be… IIRCWe don't need soft offensive linemen IMO.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Young:What the Bucs need are OL that can protect Winston. That is primary.It is a passing league.  Nasty, run-blocking, fire belching, are all secondary to keeping DL men away from Winston.Lose Winston and a very promising future disappears.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very true. Stanley and Conklin are good value at 9. I could see the Bucs going that way or trading to a team (like the Titans) who want one of those stud OTs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t mind drafting a OT but it should be Conklin. He and Marpet would be wrecking shit on the right for years. We have a developing LT already.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't mind drafting a OT but it should be Conklin. He and Marpet would be wrecking (censored) on the right for years. We have a developing LT already.

100% agree with this. Conklin over Stanley please.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Steve White once preached on how great Greg Robinson from Auburn would be... IIRCWe don't need soft offensive linemen IMO.

He actually talks about robinson in his breakdown and it's why he doesn't like tunsil. Robinson was a mauler in the run game but was never asked to do nfl pass pro. Apparently has hasn't learned how to yet.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't mind drafting a OT but it should be Conklin. He and Marpet would be wrecking (censored) on the right for years. We have a developing LT already.

I second this! Conklin reminds me of JJ watt but on the O-line. Was a walk on that busted his butt to get were he is today. Guy knows what hard work is.

• dafif

Participant

I second this! Conklin reminds me of JJ watt but on the O-line. Was a walk on that busted his butt to get were he is today. Guy knows what hard work is.

Conklin's work ethic reminds me of Brandon Scherff's from Iowa last year (who was taken #5 overall).  Hard worker and has already played, and won, against the top DE guys like Bosa, Buckner, and Spence.  We need a RT.  Smith is going to be a great LT IMO so why draft Stanley when Conklin would make the best RT?  People say #9 is too early for Conklin but is a steal for Stanley.  I disagree highly.  Just because LTs are more sought after doesn't necessarily mean the best RT (which is what we need) isn't worth a top 10 pick.  These so called experts have most of these top DEs way overrated and most of them aren't worthy of a 1st rounder at all.  The draft could still look great with us drafting OL in the first whether it's at #9 or traded back to a possible #15 if Jon Robinson wants Stanley at #9

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.