Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author

• Welsh Buc

Participant

Glad he’s back, good veteran who played well when he came in last year.

Surprised it’s a 2 year deal.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Low key this is an under the radar great re-signing. Depth at CB and with Herb Miller developing the Bucs actually have a CB room from 1-5.

Just need to add another CB from the draft to replace R. Smith on special teams and also eventually develop as a boundary CB.

Build the trenches!

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Yes!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Great signing. He outplayed some starters at times.

• Barnz1

Participant

It’s funny how some moves come and go without little fanfare then you compare it to a move like Fournette which is discussed so much amongst fans, media.

Cockrell definitely is one of our best signings this offseason. I have been saying for weeks…why isn’t this guy signed back yet? He gives you SMB insurance. He outplayed him a number of games last year. Credit to SMB he stepped up in the playoffs but he wasn’t good for most of the season.

Cockrell can step in and play well, not make mistakes. He won’t wow you with his athletic ability but he’s exactly what you want from your 4th CB. Another move that also doesn’t back us into a corner of having to draft a specific position.

The 2 year deal is likely not fully guaranteed and he’s probably on determine min wage. But shows the faith they have in him. Love it.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I have to agree. Having a legit nickel on the roster is very important. I also feel the Bucs need a legit NT backup to Vea and also a #3 pass rusher to rotate between JPP and Shaq. That will help with the Bucs making a second title run.

Build the trenches!

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I have to agree. Having a legit nickel on the roster is very important. I also feel the Bucs need a legit NT backup to Vea and also a #3 pass rusher to rotate between JPP and Shaq. That will help with the Bucs making a second title run.

Something tells me Licht is going to address those needs in the draft with the first two picks.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.