Viewing 75 reply threads

• Author

• JDouble

Participant

Josh Norris’ new mock shows that not everyone’s board is the same. I’m not crazy about the Bucs pick…but I do think this mock is more realistic than what we have been seeing. Very different for sure.http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46892/344/norris-mock-draft-april-14 - Article versionhttp://www.rotoworld.com/slide/cfb/344 - Slide Show version.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t like

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope.  Nope, nope, nope.[insert Do Not Want gif here]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

garbage mock

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From past experiences, two types of picks the team should avoid:  Defensive ends from Clemson and wide receivers from LSU. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im betting that this mock is the closest to reality. I don’t believe that teams are enamored with any of these QBs and believe there are 10-15 premium players that are better. Problem is, that the remaining QBs (mainly G-Rop and Carr) will not make it past Houston, Jax, Oakland, in the 2nd round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lmao this mock is garbage. There is no way we take Beckham in the first with those choic of QBs on the board and all around it’s just a garbage mock all together.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn, Donald is gone before we pick. I don’t like. :(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn, Donald is gone before we pick. I don't like. :(

I don't like this mock either and I wouldn't take OBJ at #7.....but overall I think it is a pretty realistic mock.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lmao this mock is garbage. There is no way we take Beckham in the first with those choic of QBs on the board and all around it's just a garbage mock all together.

We do if we have other players rated higher. All the top QBs have potential but there are other players in this draft that are much closer to locks. Remember, with the reward of drafting a potential franchise QB, also comes an extreme risk. Would you have passed on Freeman years ago knowing what you know now? Of course. Well, these QBs have just as many questions as Freeman did, albeit in different areas. I don't necessarily agree with the Bucs pick in that mock, but it doesn't mean that the author is completely off-base.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

I honestly wouldn’t be mad if we took Beckham there if we don’t plan on taking a QB in the first round. Trading back would be the best scenario but who knows how likely that is to actually happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don’t see all the bad teams bypassing QBs. You’re basically betting that every single QB will suck, which only happens every 4-5 years and might have just happened last year. If just one of the QBs turns out to be good and you pass on him, you’re stuck with Matt Cassell, Josh McCown, Sage Rosenfels, or whoever for an entire year and then have to compete with all the bad teams for the QBs next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lmao this mock is garbage. There is no way we take Beckham in the first with those choic of QBs on the board and all around it's just a garbage mock all together.

We do if we have other players rated higher. All the top QBs have potential but there are other players in this draft that are much closer to locks. Remember, with the reward of drafting a potential franchise QB, also comes an extreme risk. Would you have passed on Freeman years ago knowing what you know now? Of course. Well, these QBs have just as many questions as Freeman did, albeit in different areas. I don't necessarily agree with the Bucs pick in that mock, but it doesn't mean that the author is completely off-base.

No, Freeman was a bad choice and project from the beginning and had accuracy issues all through college. These quarterbacks have already showed more than what Freeman ever did. There are way too many teams that need a QB for a QB not to go in the top 12.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All 1st round QBs from 2007 to 2011. [img width=600 height=201]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlXZlQxCYAAD7uC.jpg:large[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wowwwww, this mock is garbage!  Not realistic at all

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I absolutely see the Falcons trading w/ the Rams for Mack if Clowney’s the #1 pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

QBs falling hard in that one.  I like it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To clarify, I like the QBs falling part of the mock, not the part where we take the 3rd WR off the board with the #7 pick.  I think we could do better at another position.  While I would be pissed to pick an OL over Evans(who I see as the next special WR), I would be equally pissed to take the 3rd WR before a top player at QB or OL, or hell, even TE or CB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

holy god that is the worst mock ive seen yet. wow……………………..i thought id seen it all but that was a new low

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. I think some people are gonna be very surprised by how things play out on draft day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really like Beckham, but dam at 7? Since no one would trade up for Matthews maybe someone will for a QB, if not take the 3rd best recieving option after Evans and Watkins and take Ebron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BS mock. All you have to watch is OBJ against Alabama and Florida. Just watch those two games and then tell me he is an NFL prospect. Ridiculous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JDub this mock woyld be awful. If Evans and Donald are off the board I will trip!!My top 2 players damn it!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s an NFL prospect, but I have a really hard time seeing him as a top 10 prospect.  Maybe he blows things up in the NFL, but for now, he looks like a terrible first round return for a 4-12 team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's an NFL prospect, but I have a really hard time seeing him as a top 10 prospect.  Maybe he blows things up in the NFL, but for now, he looks like a terrible first round return for a 4-12 team.

If we pass on all 3 QB's for a midget WR I will simply meltdown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

PR retweeted this todayShawn Zobel ?@ShawnZobel  1hHeard of a potential landing spot for Aaron Donald today that is far higher than people expect. Would be a big surprise on draft dayI was hoping he was referring to the Bucs, but maybe he was talking about the Raiders?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^ I’ve seen two mocks now with Donald going to Oakland.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

PR retweeted this todayShawn Zobel ?@ShawnZobel  1hHeard of a potential landing spot for Aaron Donald today that is far higher than people expect. Would be a big surprise on draft dayI was hoping he was referring to the Bucs, but maybe he was talking about the Raiders?

I like Donald, but it would be good for the Bucs if he went ahead of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. I think some people are gonna be very surprised by how things play out on draft day.

Especially JDub

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Especially JDub

We'll see. 3 weeks to go.

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

God enough with the WR already!  Why is everyone so head strong about us taking a WR at 7?  Yes we do need one, badly actually, but this is starting to turn into some kind of obsession.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My money is on a bunch of people being ecstatic and a bunch of people being butthurt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My money is on a bunch of people being ecstatic and a bunch of people being butthurt.

So business as usual on the red board!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I called this possibility before this dude in my “crazy idea” thread.He'd be an awescome fit for us and he's going to be just as good as Sammy in the NFL. Mark it down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What the Hell was this dude Smokin, Injecting or Huffing when he wrote this article?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garbage mock not because no QB was drafted in the top five.  But the drafting of three WR’s in the top ten is stupid.WR's and RB's are a dime a dozen in the NFL.  At least he graded out the pass rushers correctly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garbage mock not because no QB was drafted in the top five.  But the drafting of three WR's in the top ten is stupid.WR's and RB's are a dime a dozen in the NFL.  At least he graded out the pass rushers correctly.

Props to the foreshadowing of this by Dolorous Jason, but I can’t wrap my head around taking the third WR off the board with the 7th pick (in a draft that has been commonly said to be deep at WR). Obviously, I’m not as high on OBJ as some are here. Time will tell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I called this possibility before this dude in my "crazy idea" thread.He'd be an awescome fit for us and he's going to be just as good as Sammy in the NFL. Mark it down.

#screenshot

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also think that mock is pretty realistic, I would just hope for a different pick for us.  If LnL have decided against a QB and the draft unfolds like that and you cannot trade down I think you have to take Jake Matthews.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also think that mock is pretty realistic, I would just hope for a different pick for us.  If LnL have decided against a QB and the draft unfolds like that and you cannot trade down I think you have to take Jake Matthews.

+1 Outside of our pick, this draft seems spot on for me. The only other part that seems a bit unrealistic is that nobody trades up for a QB. I think if all the QBs are there outside of the top 10....some teams are gonna start trading up. Teams that are desperate for a QB tend to get impatient. The Browns for example, if they pass on a QB at #4, I would bet money they get nervous and trade up from #26. Overall though, I think this draft is a lot more realistic than people realize.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My thoughts exactly. Receivers come and go. Franchise LTs OTOH.......

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This mock has 3 safeties getting drafted before Teddy Bridgewater. Riiiiiiight

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I called this possibility before this dude in my "crazy idea" thread.He'd be an awescome fit for us and he's going to be just as good as Sammy in the NFL. Mark it down.

#screenshot

LOLBut seriously , everyone says Sammy is TOTALLY worth a top 7 pick but OBJ isn't . Explain why ?? Name a part of Sammy's game that is sooooo superior to OBJ that it puts him in another stratosphere. Name one measurable . You can't . They are basically the same player. Same size and speed and play very similar  - explosive, fast YAC style wr's who play bigger than they are . They are both beasts .  Only slight differences is Sammy is a little more physical after the catch , but OBJ has better moves and is a badass kick returner - which Sammy is not.It's a wash. It's only a reach in people's trained mind from all these mock drafts, and because of the hype of Sammy. At the end of the day they are both going to be dynamic players in the pros.Disclaimer: I'd prefer a trade back of course .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCwKdJUVrno

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This mock has 3 safeties getting drafted before Teddy Bridgewater. Riiiiiiight

Well I'm not so sure Bridgewater is gonna slip that far, but the three safeties part isn't a stretch. Not because the top three safeties are out of this world prospects, but because after those top three the safety class falls off a cliff in talent. That makes the top three guys more valuable and I think all three could easily go on day one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

God enough with the WR already!  Why is everyone so head strong about us taking a WR at 7?  Yes we do need one, badly actually, but this is starting to turn into some kind of obsession.

Basically some people would draft a WR every year based on the comments. They're a easy, sexy pick that has very little actual ROI.  At least people have stopped with RBs. That the the Smurf of the Year remains the constant.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Little ROI ?? Julio Jones on line 1 . Atlanta was a different team without that dude.Want to talk little ROI ? How about the Nose Guard people clamor for each year . Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Basically some people would draft a WR every year based on the comments. They're a easy, sexy pick that has very little actual ROI.  At least people have stopped with RBs. That the the Smurf of the Year remains the constant.

I don't disagree with your general sentiment, but it's also possible Watkins and Evans are really good. Numerous draft people have said Watkins is better than everyone since AJ Green and Julio Jones in 2011. They're both monumentally better than Tavon Austin, Michael Floyd, Darrius Heyward-Bey, and Michael Crabtree. You can only pick from the players you have available to you and both Watkins and Evans look really good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People forget its the Bucs and their draft board that matters. If OBJ is their  BPA at that spot then thats it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Little ROI ?? Julio Jones on line 1 . Atlanta was a different team without that dude.

In 2010 the Falcons went 13-3.  In 2011 they drafted Julio and went 10-6. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we all agree there’s no ROI on any position but QB and get past that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Little ROI ?? Julio Jones on line 1 . Atlanta was a different team without that dude.Want to talk little ROI ? How about the Nose Guard people clamor for each year . Lol

Nose guard is stupid but Jones going out caused Ryan to drop 204 total yards in production...and and wait White also lost 3 games so 14 games of top WRs being out costs all of 204 lost yards in production year over year - or about 14 yards per lost game. So it wasn't all about just Jones and their OL went to hades in a hand basket because Ryan's sack rate rose 50% year over year which has to factor in there as well to some extent. No, WR isn't a big ROI spot and your example just shows how not big it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i love this mock for the simple reason the falcons trade up…again. Now as far as the Bucs picking Odell, I dont like. If we pick a wr not named Watkins or Evans, it better be the kid from FSU

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't disagree with your general sentiment, but it's also possible Watkins and Evans are really good. Numerous draft people have said Watkins is better than everyone since AJ Green and Julio Jones in 2011. They're both monumentally better than Tavon Austin, Michael Floyd, Darrius Heyward-Bey, and Michael Crabtree. You can only pick from the players you have available to you and both Watkins and Evans look really good.

They appear to be good prospects and if you use the usually everyone but the player I like sucks logic most of the board uses to justify their selection then they are good picks. If you prefer to assume there will be multiple "tier 1" candidates at our spot at least justify them against that rather than using the "we have no choice" logic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you prefer to assume there will be multiple "tier 1" candidates at our spot at least justify them against that rather than using the "we have no choice" logic.

I prefer to assume half the players picked in the top 15 are going to end up sucking, because that's what actually happens every year. So the first goal is getting a player who doesn't suck. Then the next goal is getting a player who turns out to be really good. After that the goal is getting a really good player who can make a difference for your team. As soon as you start getting those backward, you get busts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you prefer to assume there will be multiple "tier 1" candidates at our spot at least justify them against that rather than using the "we have no choice" logic.

I prefer to assume half the players picked in the top 15 are going to end up sucking, because that's what actually happens every year. So the first goal is getting a player who doesn't suck. Then the next goal is getting a player who turns out to be really good. After that the goal is getting a really good player who can make a difference for your team. As soon as you start getting those backward, you get busts.

this logic is crippling. Half the players picked in the top 15 dont suck as much as the teams who pick in the top 15 dont know what the fuck they’re doing. I hate it when players are criticized for not performing up the level of expectations when these loser teams get a pass. Its not Justin Blackmons fault he’s on a joke of team catching passes from a joke a of qb yet I just read an article saying the Jags should pick Watkins and give up hope on Blackmon,?,?WTF? Give it another season and he’ll be released only for a team like the Patriots or Broncos to nab him up and turn him into an all pro future hall of fame wr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, because the latter assumes both the former  they aren't exclusive categories. Not sure what your approach recommends or how it changes thinking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Half the players picked in the top 15 dont suck as much as the teams who pick in the top 15 dont know what the **CENSORED** they're doing.

Here's 2009: 1 Matthew Stafford 2 Jason Smith 3 Tyson Jackson 4 Aaron Curry 5 Mark Sanchez 6 Andre Smith 7 Darrius Heyward-Bey 8 Eugene Monroe 9 B. J. Raji10 Michael Crabtree 11 Aaron Maybin 12 Knowshon Moreno 13 Brian Orakpo14 Malcolm Jenkins 15 Brian CushingThat's a lot of suck.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Half the players picked in the top 15 dont suck as much as the teams who pick in the top 15 dont know what the **CENSORED** they're doing.

Here's 2009: 1 Matthew Stafford 2 Jason Smith 3 Tyson Jackson 4 Aaron Curry 5 Mark Sanchez 6 Andre Smith 7 Darrius Heyward-Bey 8 Eugene Monroe 9 B. J. Raji10 Michael Crabtree 11 Aaron Maybin 12 Knowshon Moreno 13 Brian Orakpo14 Malcolm Jenkins 15 Brian CushingThat's a lot of suck.

Dude more than half those players contributed at a high level since then and even still, half those teams still suck at fielding quality teams. How many of those teams have changed they’re HC and qb since then?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, because the latter assumes both the former  they aren't exclusive categories. Not sure what your approach recommends or how it changes thinking.

My approach recommends not completely discarding any two potentially really good players provided 1.) a QB isn't under serious consideration and 2.) they don't play running back, guard, nose tackle or strong safety.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude more than half those players contributed at a high level since then and even still, half those teams still suck at fielding quality teams. How many of those teams have changed they're HC and qb since then?

Only two of those players received significant extensions from the team that drafted them (Stafford, Cushing), only one other received a good contract from another team (Monroe), and only one was good enough to get franchised (Orakpo). The rest are between mediocre and horrible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wasn’t his point that usually half the top 15 is going to end up sucking?  You saying that half of that list is good isn’t contradicting FRG’s point.  It’s confirming it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wasn't his point that usually half the top 15 is going to end up sucking?  You saying that half if that list is good isn't contradicting FRG's point.  It's confirming it.

Why are you refering to FRG like he isn’t your second computer. We all know your a fraud. What Your saying is half the players in the top 15 suck as players. What I'm saying is a players success or failure(regardless f where they are picked but lets go with your top 15 logic) is more so a factor of their environment, not athletic ability, or lack of

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know.  You can probably say the same thing about the bottom 15 of the first round.  Half are going to be disappointments.  In most cases, good players are going to rise to the top whether they are on bad teams or not.  Larry Fitzgerald never needed the excuse you were using for Blackmon. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When it comes to your strategy at WR I think you can go two routes. A. You can either try to put together a great group of guys of average size and speed, but excellent hands, routes, and work ethic...like the the Packers or Saints. Then there is no focus. You spread the ball around evenly and it is hard for a defense to gameplan for any certain guy. It also makes it relatively easy to compensate if there is an injury. With this set up you usually try to add a great TE so you have that big safety valve and somewhat offset the lack of an elite freak #1 WR.B. The other philosophy is to try and have an elite #1 that everything is based around. He is a freakish mixture of size and ability and the focus of your offense. Everything revolves around him. This is the Lions and Cardinals model. Downside is it is very hard to find that type of #1 and if he gets injured you are fugged. If you can find this guy and he stays healthy, it is obviously a good thing to have. So if you are going for option B, it makes sense to take a great elite WR in the top 10. However, that guy usually is going to need to be at least 6'3" and very special. Watkins is special imo, but he measured in at 1/8" under 6'1" and although he is a great prospect, he is not your typical elite #1 guy and the odds are stacked against him to be that guy in the NFL. He fits into option A imo. Evans has the height at 6'5" but he is not special. He doesn't have the freak athleticism or talent of an AJ Green or Julio Jones or Fitzgerald or Brandon Marshall or Megatron. I don't think either guy will end up being an elite top 5 receiver in the NFL, so in my opinion it is a reach to take either guy in the top 10 whether you like option A or B.With option B, you don't have to meet any size or freakish athletic requirements. You just need great dependable receivers. You can fill your roster with the Jarvis Landrys of the world and you can do it in the middle rounds of the draft. Zero reason to take a WR top 10 with option B. Either way you need to have an excellent QB. For me, that needs to be the focus.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know.  You can probably say the same thing about the bottom 15 of the first round.  Half are going to be disappointments.  In most cases, good players are going to rise to the top whether they are on bad teams or not.  Larry Fitzgerald never needed the excuse you were using for Blackmon.

A few things: football is a team game and the Jags have no business being in the NFL other than to fill quotas for other teams. Fitz had decent qb’s throwing him passes included hall of fame qb Warner. Blackmon is waay better than his numbers suggest and he still couldnt carry Fitz’s jock strap(it’s possible). Comparing the two shows you haven’t played a day of organized football in your life(which is fine as long as you’re not arguing with ppl who have.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we could trade way back in the 1st and pick up another 3rd round pick and then take TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins later in the first round, a great OG like Gabe Jackson in the 2nd, and then Landry and a QB in the 3rd…..followed by several more WRs to finish out the draft, I think our offense would be much better off than simply taking a WR at #7. That’s just me though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fitz only had Warner for 4.5 of his ten years.  Half his career has been with some of the worst QBs in the league.  And funny you put the jags down like that when the Bucs haven’t been much better. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know.  You can probably say the same thing about the bottom 15 of the first round.  Half are going to be disappointments.  In most cases, good players are going to rise to the top whether they are on bad teams or not.  Larry Fitzgerald never needed the excuse you were using for Blackmon.

A few things: football is a team game and the Jags have no business being in the NFL other than to fill quotas for other teams. Fitz had decent qb's throwing him passes included hall of fame qb Warner. Blackmon is waay better than his numbers suggest and he still couldnt carry Fitz's jock strap(it's possible). Comparing the two shows you haven't played a day of organized football in your life(which is fine as long as you're not arguing with ppl who have.)

Blackmon is just one player and I didn't even say if he's a bust or not. He doesn't make or break the big picture. If you look at the rest of the 2012 draft, which ended up being pretty good and yielded better than 50% good players at the top, you still have outright bust Trent Richardson at #3, the pedestrian Morris Claiborne at #6, the pedestrian Mark Barron at #7, the pedestrian Ryan Tannehill at #8, up and down Bruce Irvin at #15, and then a lot of lousy players right after that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we could trade way back in the 1st and pick up another 3rd round pick and then take TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins later in the first round, a great OG like Gabe Jackson in the 2nd, and then Landry and a QB in the 3rd.....followed by several more WRs to finish out the draft, I think our offense would be much better off than simply taking a WR at #7. That's just me though.

if we trade out of the #7 pick it better be for a 2nd and if we pick a TE in the first I’m going to go to the Bucs draft room that day and open up a can of whoop ass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fitz only had Warner for 4.5 of his ten years.  Half his career has been with some of the worst QBs in the league.  And funny you put the jags down like that when the Bucs haven't been much better.

if you wanna compare franchises, the Bucs are a 10 and the Jags are a -10

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t we have the same record as them? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As that not a big enough window?  How about over the last 20 years.  Jags had 6 playoff appearances and the Bucs 7. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree...no way in hell Watkins and Evans go back to back...and all the QBs are still on the boardI am sick of mocks in general...fooking NFL and the decision to slide the draft later...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Leaving out some seasons there s&b . Including the most telling : 2013.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree...no way in hell Watkins and Evans go back to back...and all the QBs are still on the boardI am sick of mocks in general...fooking NFL and the decision to slide the draft later...

Yeah, the May draft is a terrible idea.  I am sure that the NFL folks will be patting themselves on the back and jerking each other off for coming up with such a great idea to spread NFL news around the whole year, but I have to think most fans have had enough draft talk, and are ready to get this thing on already.  And yet we still have three frustrating weeks to nitpick the prospects. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When it comes to your strategy at WR I think you can go two routes. A. You can either try to put together a great group of guys of average size and speed, but excellent hands, routes, and work ethic...like the the Packers or Saints. Then there is no focus. You spread the ball around evenly and it is hard for a defense to gameplan for any certain guy. It also makes it relatively easy to compensate if there is an injury. With this set up you usually try to add a great TE so you have that big safety valve and somewhat offset the lack of an elite freak #1 WR.B. The other philosophy is to try and have an elite #1 that everything is based around. He is a freakish mixture of size and ability and the focus of your offense. Everything revolves around him. This is the Lions and Cardinals model. Downside is it is very hard to find that type of #1 and if he gets injured you are fugged. If you can find this guy and he stays healthy, it is obviously a good thing to have. So if you are going for option B, it makes sense to take a great elite WR in the top 10. However, that guy usually is going to need to be at least 6'3" and very special. Watkins is special imo, but he measured in at 1/8" under 6'1" and although he is a great prospect, he is not your typical elite #1 guy and the odds are stacked against him to be that guy in the NFL. He fits into option A imo. Evans has the height at 6'5" but he is not special. He doesn't have the freak athleticism or talent of an AJ Green or Julio Jones or Fitzgerald or Brandon Marshall or Megatron. I don't think either guy will end up being an elite top 5 receiver in the NFL, so in my opinion it is a reach to take either guy in the top 10 whether you like option A or B.With option B, you don't have to meet any size or freakish athletic requirements. You just need great dependable receivers. You can fill your roster with the Jarvis Landrys of the world and you can do it in the middle rounds of the draft. Zero reason to take a WR top 10 with option B. Either way you need to have an excellent QB. For me, that needs to be the focus.

Teams like the Packers and Saints run those vertical spread offenses. If you dont spread the field and you have a bunch of average WR's then you are not very likely to find any success with that strategy. So teams with a more traditional offense really do need a no.1 WR.

Please wait…

Viewing 75 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.