Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 55 reply threads

• Author

• Maxtrix

Participant

:)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who the BUC are you?!  :o

• Maxtrix

Participant

A proud Buc

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

A whole bunch of them…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

A whole bunch of them…

Ha! Exactly. I do think Fournette falls to us. The question is, do we want him?

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• Hate

Participant

A whole bunch of them…

Hell NO!!

• BP1

Participant

I really don’t have a taste for drafting a RB that early. I don’t think I’m the only one.

• Garv

Participant

A whole bunch of them…

Hell NO!!

I’ll bite, why not? Injury concerns? If so I’m with you. The way things seem to be setting up it does appear there will be good RB’s available in the second and third rounds. FA…… what WILL the Bucs do? IMO that’s the key to our draft, how the Buccaneers handle FA to set it up.

“We’re all here because we’re not all there.”
      as always, GO BUCS!!!

• Naismith

Participant

I don’t think Fournette falls to the Bucs and if he did, I’d hope the Bucs didn’t take him due to positional value, but I have a hard time seeing them pass him up. He provides everything they want out of a running back and is the type of player that can really dictate the power game to the defense. Additionally, Sims would be an excellent change of pace to Fournette.

If they did draft him, I’d bet Doug Martin would get released before the start of the second round, assuming they hadn’t already done so.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

A whole bunch of them…

Hell NO!!

I’ll bite, why not? Injury concerns? If so I’m with you. The way things seem to be setting up it does appear there will be good RB’s available in the second and third rounds. FA…… what WILL the Bucs do? IMO that’s the key to our draft, how the Buccaneers handle FA to set it up.

Injuries are a big part of my hesitation, I just don’t see him as a breakout star like a lot do. I also think he’s going to be gone by the time we draft.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

I also think he’s going to be gone by the time we draft.

Lol.

I do think Fournette falls to us.

Which is it, man?

Honestly, I hope he falls to us. I’m willing to bet that we’ll get the phone call that someone want to move up to grab him. Assuming Davis is off the board, I’d pull the trigger.

• CoachEricTaylor

Participant

Really hope he doesn’t end up with Saints or Panthers. If he did, he’d end up being healthy and a problem for us twice a year.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Two rbs I would like if they are there in the second: hunt from Toledo and kamara from Tennessee. Both are explosive, Can return, home run threats, and have good hands.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Cook is the only RB I would consider in the first round. He is the only complete RB with elite speed that is worth it

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

I also think he’s going to be gone by the time we draft.

Lol.

I do think Fournette falls to us.

Which is it, man?

Honestly, I hope he falls to us. I’m willing to bet that we’ll get the phone call that someone want to move up to grab him. Assuming Davis is off the board, I’d pull the trigger.

Sorry, typo. I don’t think he falls to us. Would be all about a trade partner for sure.

• thebucs24

Participant

Call me crazy but I really like foremon, or dare I say…Joe Mixon kid is a phenomenal talent, we took a shot on jameis, why not Mixon if he falls to 2/3rd. Kid has just as much talent as cooks. Don’t believe me? Go study some of the guys film. There’s a good chance Mixon will sleep pretty deep in the draft from his off field incident.

• Havok904

Participant

I would much rather draft a DL or OL in this slot. They are a higher priority than RB. With a good OL, a 3rd or later round back will be sufficient.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why are we still debating RBs taken earlier than the third round? Holy mother…

RB is the 5th highest need for this team:

offensive line

defensive line

safety

WR

RB

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Why are we still debating RBs taken earlier than the third round? Holy mother… RB is the 5th highest need for this team: offensive line defensive line safety WR RB

Only reason we should even toy with the notion of drafting a RB within the first three rounds, is if Cook slips in the 1st.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why are we still debating RBs taken earlier than the third round? Holy mother… RB is the 5th highest need for this team: offensive line defensive line safety WR RB

Only reason we should even toy with the notion of drafting a RB within the first three rounds, is if Cook slips in the 1st.

He won’t, but if he does we could get a king’s ransom for the pick! I’d rather trade back and let someone unload for him (that isn’t in our division.)

• Biggs3535

Participant

Cook is the only RB I would consider in the first round. He is the only complete RB with elite speed that is worth it

Agreed.  Fournette is physically gifted, no doubt.  But I’m not sure he has the vision/patience (like Cook) you want your RB to have.  I also don’t think Fournette is the pass protector and pass catcher that Cook is.

• Pepsi

Participant

The only RBs really being talked about before the 3rd are Cook in the first, or Mixon in the second. Both are talented enough to justify the picks. Other than that, most of us realize its gonna be rounds 3 or 4 for RB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only RBs really being talked about before the 3rd are Cook in the first, or Mixon in the second. Both are talented enough to justify the picks. Other than that, most of us realize its gonna be rounds 3 or 4 for RB.

or none… sign AP, re-sign Martin for the min, UDFA, or get a RB next season. Too many other glaring holes UNLESS a stud falls to us and the value is too good to pass up.

Again, we could draft 2 offensive lineman, 2 WRs, a safety, a DE, and basically be out of picks… we don’t NEED a RB like we need those other positions.

• Naismith

Participant

I wouldn’t take any RB in the first round but I strongly believe Fournette is the best RB by a considerable margin. I think Cook is more exciting and will be great in the right offense but Fournette will demoralize defenses and be one of the best in the league almost immediately.

• Hate

Participant

A whole bunch of them…

Hell NO!!

Dude is always ding’d and for me he doesn’t come across as a guy that wants to be great. I get the same vibe from him that i got from ASJ……just happy to be here.

• spurzo

Participant

Call me crazy but I really like foremon, or dare I say…Joe Mixon kid is a phenomenal talent, we took a shot on jameis, why not Mixon if he falls to 2/3rd. Kid has just as much talent as cooks. Don’t believe me? Go study some of the guys film. There’s a good chance Mixon will sleep pretty deep in the draft from his off field incident.

Mixon is phenomenal, if he’s there in the 2nd it’d be a homerun pick. He’s Lev Bell 2.0  Would absolutely transform the offense.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Mixon is phenomenal, if he’s there in the 2nd it’d be a homerun pick. He’s Lev Bell 2.0 Would absolutely transform the offense.

I’m starting to warm up to this idea. He’s a really good player. Plus Musberger has his back….

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would much rather draft a DL or OL in this slot. They are a higher priority than RB. With a good OL, a 3rd or later round back will be sufficient.

+1.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mixon is phenomenal, if he’s there in the 2nd it’d be a homerun pick. He’s Lev Bell 2.0 Would absolutely transform the offense.

He would get slammed in the backfield.

• Havok904

Participant

It’s very rare that a RB transform an offense nowadays, it’s especially to a team whose OL grades out to C+ at best.

To invest in a RB that high means your offensive line is at least above average.

A 2nd round pick for the offense would best used on a OL (Center or OT).

The average shelf life of a NFL RB is about 4 years therefore better value can be found in the later rounds or UDFA.

Team needs supersede drafting a RB that high.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s all about value… as other posters and I have mentioned, the shelf life of a RB is 4-5 years.

An offensive lineman or defensive lineman can easily play for 8-10 years.

A QB can play for 15 years.

The only way you can justify taking a RB is if the talent and value far exceed your positioning OR your have a luxury pick (mostly meaning your offensive line is set.)

RB is a luxury pick… You can find an Arian Foster UDFA no freaking problem. We need to stop panicking and build from within. We need gurth. We are missing 5-7 legit starters.

Let our young RBs like Barber who are hungry go out and prove something.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

It’s all about value… as other posters and I have mentioned, the shelf life of a RB is 4-5 years. An offensive lineman or defensive lineman can easily play for 8-10 years. A QB can play for 15 years. The only way you can justify taking a RB is if the talent and value far exceed your positioning OR your have a luxury pick (mostly meaning your offensive line is set.) RB is a luxury pick… You can find an Arian Foster UDFA no freaking problem. We need to stop panicking and build from within. We need gurth. We are missing 5-7 legit starters. Let our young RBs like Barber who are hungry go out and prove something.

So dont draft Cook because we already have Peyton Barber?

Were you the ‘dont draft a WR’ because we have Kenny Bell guy from last year?

GottaJaboo wrote:

• spurzo

Participant

It’s very rare that a RB transform an offense nowadays, it’s especially to a team whose OL grades out to C+ at best. To invest in a RB that high means your offensive line is at least above average. A 2nd round pick for the offense would best used on a OL (Center or OT). The average shelf life of a NFL RB is about 4 years therefore better value can be found in the later rounds or UDFA. Team needs supersede drafting a RB that high.

I’m a big proponent of building the lines, but this is a weak OL draft. Mixon is an outstanding talent and is especially dangerous as a versatile moving chess piece. Split him out wide and watch him burn LBs or safeties. He’s talented enough as a pass catcher that he could actually play WR. He can still run inside and out as well. I also don’t believe that the OL is that far away from being good. One Ricky Wagner signing or Kevin Zeitler and we’d see a marked improvement. We could also take Dorian Johnson in the 3rd to further fortify the line. Mixon is going to be a superstar, he is a perfect back for the new pass happy league.

• Naismith

Participant

I’ll bet a dollar Mixon makes it to the third round. I don’t think he’ll go before day three.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

I’ll bet a dollar Mixon makes it to the third round. I don’t think he’ll go before day three.

This I agree with. The Patriots will pick him up in the third and he’ll have 1500 yards from the line of scrimmage. I think we should consider him in second.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s all about value… as other posters and I have mentioned, the shelf life of a RB is 4-5 years. An offensive lineman or defensive lineman can easily play for 8-10 years. A QB can play for 15 years. The only way you can justify taking a RB is if the talent and value far exceed your positioning OR your have a luxury pick (mostly meaning your offensive line is set.) RB is a luxury pick… You can find an Arian Foster UDFA no freaking problem. We need to stop panicking and build from within. We need gurth. We are missing 5-7 legit starters. Let our young RBs like Barber who are hungry go out and prove something.

So dont draft Cook because we already have Peyton Barber? Were you the ‘dont draft a WR’ because we have Kenny Bell guy from last year?

That’s what you got from all of that? Holy fucking hell…

I’m saying stall on RB unless a crazy value pick comes to fruition.

We all know you and GottaJaboo are FSU nut humpers, but try and have a semblance of objectivity.

• Havok904

Participant

So dont draft Cook because we already have Peyton Barber? Were you the ‘dont draft a WR’ because we have Kenny Bell guy from last year?

You can upgrade the RB position without using premium picks.

Take Jordan Howard for instance, a 5th round pick.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can upgrade the RB position without using premium picks. Take Jordan Howard for instance, a 5th round pick.

Yup, Howard Jones is a perfect example. The RB position is unique… RBs rely on their line to even have a chance. AP, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Zeke, Bell etc, these guys can’t do anything if they are getting hit as they touch the ball.

Martin has poor vision, but he was also getting hit the backfield A LOT! Quizz was squirmed his way back to the LOS a lot! Our line isn’t great, so why are we trying to put the cart before the horse?

• GoldsonAges

Participant

That’s what you got from all of that? Holy fucking hell… I’m saying stall on RB unless a crazy value pick comes to fruition. We all know you and GottaJaboo are FSU nut humpers, but try and have a semblance of objectivity.

Just messin with you mate. Anyone who bad mouths Jameis will feel the wrath of my sarcasm lol

GottaJaboo wrote:

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guess I should change my name to “KennyBellismyHero”

• Havok904

Participant

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Any RB drafted after the 2nd round would be an upgrade for the Bucs.  If the Bucs are smart they can nab a falling RB in the bottom of the 2nd round.

Build the trenches!

• GoldsonAges

Participant

In this draft I like 4-5th round prospects James Conner and Jamaal Williams. Maybe Kamara a bit earlier..

GottaJaboo wrote:

• yuccaneers

Participant

Like interceptions for QBs – fumbles from running backs are almost a death sentence.

Dalvin Cook fumbles once roughly every 64 carries – which is horrendous  – Leonard Fournette fumbles once roughly every 82 carries – which is below average.

And while most dont like Kareem Hunt – due to his non-explosiveness – he is by far the surest of the RB prospects when it comes to ball security, fumbling once every 856 carries.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Like interceptions for QBs – fumbles from running backs are almost a death sentence. Dalvin Cook fumbles once roughly every 64 carries – which is horrendous – Leonard Fournette fumbles once roughly every 82 carries – which is below average. And while most dont like Kareem Hunt – due to his non-explosiveness – he is by far the surest of the RB prospects when it comes to ball security, fumbling once every 856 carries.

Thats why i cooled a bit on Cook. Fournette was never one of my favorites.

GottaJaboo wrote:

• Garv

Participant

Like interceptions for QBs – fumbles from running backs are almost a death sentence. Dalvin Cook fumbles once roughly every 64 carries – which is horrendous – Leonard Fournette fumbles once roughly every 82 carries – which is below average. And while most dont like Kareem Hunt – due to his non-explosiveness – he is by far the surest of the RB prospects when it comes to ball security, fumbling once every 856 carries.

Aren’t there also injury concerns? Not at all sure about going RB in the first round. Of course so much still depends on FA.

“We’re all here because we’re not all there.”
      as always, GO BUCS!!!

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Aren’t there also injury concerns? Not at all sure about going RB in the first round. Of course so much still depends on FA.

I think both RBs could fall to No.19, but I am a bit sour on both of them. If they are determined to get Jameis weapons, I could see them going with Cook. Without the fumble concerns he would be a top 10 player possibly

GottaJaboo wrote:

• Anonymous

Inactive

RB IS NOT A FIRST DAY DRAFT NEED

/endthread

• red816

Participant

+1

• Wausa

Participant

A running back is going to touch the ball more than anyone else on the team outside of the QB and Center and right now we do not have a feature back.

If Dalvin is available at pick 19 we would be nuts not to select him, but for you guys that don’t want us to draft a RB at 19 I am confident you will get your wish because I expect him to be long gone by the time we pick.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Lets not forget we have no RB at all.

Ezekiel Elliot – not worthy of being selected until round 3?

I doubt we would draft a RB early but for the love of God we traded up in the 2nd for a kicker last year. Anything is possible.

GottaJaboo wrote:

• tog

Participant

And the reason is its very hard to fix.

• Crazy Legs

Participant

I have never even entertained the idea of drafting Fournette, because there is no way in hell he’ll drop to us. If he does I would certainly take him. I’d rather have Cook or Corey Davis, but I would take Fournette in a heartbeat.

Go back and watch his film.

Certified Redboard GM
      Mediocrity is the sincerest form of Imitation that greatness can pay to flattery

• GoldsonAges

Participant

I have never even entertained the idea of drafting Fournette, because there is no way in hell he’ll drop to us. If he does I would certainly take him. I’d rather have Cook or Corey Davis, but I would take Fournette in a heartbeat. Go back and watch his film.

I think he could drop a bit. If you notice he has steadily been moving the wrong direction on draft boards because he has injury and fumbling issues. He also wasn’t asked to block, or catch the ball much.

All those thing could give him less value to NFL scouts and on top of all that he runs upright and is listed as 6 ft 1 in. Good player but might not be a 1st round talent by nfl standards.

GottaJaboo wrote:

• Easythe great

Participant

I still say if Mixon is there when we draft in the second round we take him.

Bucs fan from Texas.. FIRE THE CANNONS!!!

• Havok904

Participant

Lets not forget we have no RB at all. Ezekiel Elliot – not worthy of being selected until round 3? I doubt we would draft a RB early but for the love of God we traded up in the 2nd for a kicker last year. Anything is possible.

There are RBs to be found in the later rounds and UDFAs if the FO do their jobs properly.

The Falcs and Pats did just fine with second tier RBs

Viewing 55 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.