Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• BucsBay

Participant

Who did we cut this guy for again?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uhm the great tj fatinikun of course or the bust formerly knownn as Larry English

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude whipped Smith’s ass today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The ship is sinking fast McCoy is soft love doesn’t know talent sad day to be a fan

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht and lovie dont know talent and O dea our special teams coach sucks *** too ruining kickers

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the 4th when Delaire forced an intentional grounding attempting to get his 3rd sack of the day, Deckerhoff says “where did they get this guy?!?!”  Well, Gene, he was on our roster 4 weeks ago. Of course, DE is such a deep position of strength for this team, we could afford to dump young talent in favor of injured “never has beens.”  Absolute travesty.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the 4th when Delaire forced an intentional grounding attempting to get his 3rd sack of the day, Deckerhoff says "where did they get this guy?!?!"  Well, Gene, he was on our roster 4 weeks ago. Of course, DE is such a deep position of strength for this team, we could afford to dump young talent in favor of injured "never has beens."  Absolute travesty.

LOl. I'm laughing through the tears. Delaire was killing it today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IM STILL A FAN I HAVE NO CHOICE BIG ASS BUCS FLAG TATTED ON MY NECK BUT I SIR AM READY TO WALK THE PLANK SERIOUSLY ARE WE REALLY THIS BAD

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In my viewpoint, yesThe coaching doesn't help  (literally)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly want gruden back have for along time as the head coach with no power over the defense we need to run a blitzing 4-3 trade Verner get mcdougald the hell outta here and a few others

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not bad for a rookie.He had 5 tackles, 2 sacks against our hapless Bucs.George Johnson through 4 games? 3 tackles 3 assists ZERO sacks.This is embarrassing. Are we that clueless?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow. Just had a closer look at Delaire. He is better than any edge rusher on our roster by heaps. Not even close. He beat Cherilus on a spin move for a sack and repeatedly beat DSmith when he was lined up against him including his second sack.He also got robbed of another sack when Winston intentionally grounded the ball to avoid the sack. The guy was unblockable most of the game. How did Licht/Robinson let this kid walk away? Jaq Smith is a nice pass rusher but teams are running it straight at him. He is a one trick pony and a liability against the run. Delaire was the complete package yesterday from either side of the formation. It looks like we let a really good one get away.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude whipped Smith's ass today.

PFF score: - 4.4

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Delaire not being a Buc and Brinzda being one,  are 2 bad personnel moves that could well be the difference in this team being 3-1 or 2-2 right now. It would be a shame to lose Koeter, who is a good OC, but Lovie is making bad personnel moves and as of now looks washed up as a D coordinator. We’ll see how he finishes the year, but after yesterday I’m for change next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Delaire spent the afternoon kicking sand in Lovie’s face.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow. Just had a closer look at Delaire. He is better than any edge rusher on our roster by heaps. Not even close. He beat Cherilus on a spin move for a sack and repeatedly beat DSmith when he was lined up against him including his second sack.He also got robbed of another sack when Winston intentionally grounded the ball to avoid the sack. The guy was unblockable most of the game. How did Licht/Robinson let this kid walk away? Jaq Smith is a nice pass rusher but teams are running it straight at him. He is a one trick pony and a liability against the run. Delaire was the complete package yesterday from either side of the formation. It looks like we let a really good one get away.

Delaire reminds me of the one armed bandit (AC).  Violent with his hands.Meanwhile the rest of the Bucs DE's have decided to show Cam Newton a knitting session they have planned for Friday night.  Sigh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Delaire not being a Buc and Brinzda being one,  are 2 bad personnel moves that could well be the difference in this team being 3-1 or 2-2 right now. It would be a shame to lose Koeter, who is a good OC, but Lovie is making bad personnel moves and as of now looks washed up as a D coordinator. We'll see how he finishes the year, but after yesterday I'm for change next year.

True. Before the season I would have been happy with Murray or Baarth Vader. But they inexplicably traded away Tim Wright, who we sure could use right now for a kicker with........accuracy issues? They are over thinking things. As far as how they let Delaire go, I sure would like to hear that explanation. He owned Donovan Smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“I actually never really got a shot,” Delaire said. “I was in practice. I didn’t get as much reps. I couldn’t really perform the way I wanted to.”  -Delaire, on his off-season stint with the Bucshttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/05/panthers-find-a-pass-rusher-not-the-one-they-expected/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“I actually never really got a shot,” Delaire said. “I was in practice. I didn’t get as much reps. I couldn’t really perform the way I wanted to.”  -Delaire, on his off-season stint with the Bucshttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/05/panthers-find-a-pass-rusher-not-the-one-they-expected/

That is disappointing. Apparently George Johnson was penciled in as the starter because we gave up a 7th for him? ??? Who can you blame? The scouts and front office got the kid here. Its up to the coaches to discover who has the most talent once they all get here. Its bad enough we lost out on a stud but to a division rival? That stings a bit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is disappointing. Apparently George Johnson was penciled in as the starter because we gave up a 7th for him? ??? Who can you blame? The scouts and front office got the kid here. Its up to the coaches to discover who has the most talent once they all get here. Its bad enough we lost out on a stud but to a division rival? That stings a bit.

Carolina is stacked at DE now. Meanwhile. the Bucs have Smith and a bag of rocks. Gholston is probably the only other DE that is playing hungry right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t worry guys, we have Mr. Nice Guy McCoy. Sick of seeing this guy helping opponents off the ground, patting them on the back, and smiling.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carolina is stacked at DE now. Meanwhile. the Bucs have Smith and a bag of rocks. Gholston is probably the only other DE that is playing hungry right now.

Gholston is balling.  Really him, Kwon, smith, and I can't believe I am going to say this Conte have been the most impressive.  The biggest frustration is that I think we have the right personnel, but aren't using them correctly to maximize their talents. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the 4th when Delaire forced an intentional grounding attempting to get his 3rd sack of the day, Deckerhoff says "where did they get this guy?!?!" 

lol.  That takes the cake.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

J Smith is the only speed rusher we have. Having a nice DT rotation is great, but as hard as defense is now days, you better have DE’s who can rush the passer and CB’s who can cover. Carolina’s Defense is so much better than ours right now, and Delaire is just one more piece to tip the scale. After J Smith being one of the few saving graces from last year, it’s inexplicable that they would let basically the same player slip through their fingers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This thread makes me monumentally sad  :-[

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the red board didnt care too much when he got cut.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's true, GT, but the Red Board didn't get the chance to fairly evaluate this guy since he arrived in Tampa.  Lovie did.  Evaluating players and finding gems is not easy, but some organizations/GM's/HC's  are clearly better than others.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a team that almost top to bottom does not get how to evaluate talent – be it college or pro – and roster management, so its no surprise a DE with his ability was cut. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It doesn’t make a ton of sense that they gave him that big signing bonus and then didn’t play him much unless he just showed nothing in practice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was on record saying I wanted to keep he and Sidburry rather than turning to the cut scrap heap. An opinion I got blasted for at the time. Worse part is the Bucs cut Delaire and Sidburry and didn't even pick up any DE's. If this D had a bit more edge rush presence or any corners other than Banks (who may not even be that good, everyone else is so bad that teams just leave him alone) it could be respectable

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude whipped Smith's ass today.

PFF score: - 4.4

+3.6Arguing for years and still have no idea what the hell you're talking about, which surprises nobody.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not bad for a rookie.He had 5 tackles, 2 sacks against our hapless Bucs.George Johnson through 4 games? 3 tackles 3 assists ZERO sacks.This is embarrassing. Are we that clueless?

We aren't. St Lovie obviously IS!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gholston is balling.  Really him, Kwon, smith, and I can't believe I am going to say this Conte have been the most impressive.  The biggest frustration is that I think we have the right personnel, but aren't using them correctly to maximize their talents.

Gholston is a bad fit at RDE, but at least he hustles to the ball.  Rotating in at LDE with Smith is working out well.  But RDE is a big sore spot right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t believe they didn’t even sign this guy to the practice squad

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah it stings badly that this guy we picked up then let go, goes out and has a career day against us. And we needed a RDE in the worst way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah – disappointing. Especially since we recognized that there was at least something there when we brought him in. That said, as BucNation points out - he had 47 snaps v. the Dolphins without doing much at all. Personally I thought Sidbury looked a lot better than him during the preseason.Still - could use what he brought.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we be honest for a moment here….now I know its the coaches job to judge them but can anyone here say they were questioning it when he was released?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we be honest for a moment here....now I know its the coaches job to judge them but can anyone here say they were questioning it when he was released?

PR staff thought Delaire would make the roster.  I don't see the hype that PR report staff or the coaching staff has for Fatinkun however. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we be honest for a moment here....now I know its the coaches job to judge them but can anyone here say they were questioning it when he was released?

Agreed - I think a lot of people on this board looked for him in preseason and he was fairly quiet. I thought he might be a PS squad guy based on Licht's comments in some of the PR articles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As I understand it, he signed with the Redskins PS when he left here. Maybe they offered him a bonus, or a better shot at working his way onto the regular roster…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He didn’t feel that he got enough reps here to show what he could do. He was basically overlooked it sounds like. He was probably happy to get outta here and go somewhere where he would actually get a chance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The one habit of Lovie’s that bothers me more than any other is his tendency to pencil in his roster- especially his starters- before any ball has been played.Not only does that lead to not having the best 22 on the field, but it leads to people like Delaire being allowed to walk and becoming an asset to a division rival.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The one habit of Lovie's that bothers me more than any other is his tendency to pencil in his roster- especially his starters- before any ball has been played.Not only does that lead to not having the best 22 on the field, but it leads to people like Delaire being allowed to walk and becoming an asset to a division rival.

Kwon Alexander won a starting spot.  Lansanah also beat out Bruce Carter.And Lovie has shown he is willing to bench a starter (Verner) if they are loafing and taking plays off.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The one habit of Lovie's that bothers me more than any other is his tendency to pencil in his roster- especially his starters- before any ball has been played.Not only does that lead to not having the best 22 on the field, but it leads to people like Delaire being allowed to walk and becoming an asset to a division rival.

Kwon Alexander won a starting spot.  Lansanah also beat out Bruce Carter.And Lovie has shown he is willing to bench a starter (Verner) if they are loafing and taking plays off.

Has anyone seen Verner loaf or take plays off though? To me that dude always seems like he's working his off, and is just a little less physically talented than what you want at the position. You can work with that, just don't man him up against the best guys. I don't really like how Lovie appears to be reacting looking at that situation either.

Please wait…

• rrosemarie8

Participant

I was on record saying I wanted to keep he and Sidburry rather than turning to the cut scrap heap. An opinion I got blasted for at the time. Worse part is the Bucs cut Delaire and Sidburry and didn't even pick up any DE's. If this D had a bit more edge rush presence or any corners other than Banks (who may not even be that good, everyone else is so bad that teams just leave him alone) it could be respectable

My sentiments exactly. Sidbury or Delaire or even Cash Lyons (think he was a DT tho) would be absolutely better than Georgie. My hope is that he turns it on, but he seems to have a slow motor and gives up alot. Makes me miss Clayborn, now that man had a motor...he was just injury prone...here atleast.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has anyone seen Verner loaf or take plays off though? To me that dude always seems like he's working his off, and is just a little less physically talented than what you want at the position. You can work with that, just don't man him up against the best guys. I don't really like how Lovie appears to be reacting looking at that situation either.

Jenkins has 4 comb tackles, Verner has 9, Jennings has 14, and Banks has 8. Banks has missed playing time and Verner only has 1 more tackle than him.  Jenkins has half as many tackles as Verner but at the fraction of the playing time. 

Please wait…

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.