Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• BucsSavant

Participant

Ryan Griffin has re-signed, if he makes the roster it will be his 7th season with the team, a franchise record for QBs, despite only having having thrown 4 career passes. Is he a great locker room guy, or does he have compromising photos of the glazers?

• Roy

Participant

Well as SR was saying on WDAE, with Brady out the Bucs have zero quarterbacks available for the offseason. You need someone who knows the plays to play quarterback. Don’t know why Gabbert hasn’t been signed. This signing may be more of an indicator that Gabbert isn’t such a lock to come back for whatever reason.

• obuc

Participant

What was the $$$ ?

• The Freeman

Participant

imo see Minter, Wells, Gio and McLendon’s deal…
        $1,075,000 base salary + $137,500 signing bonus = $987,500 cap value
        -$217,500 in cap space

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Gabbert will be re-signed.

Griffin will make the team unless Bucs draft QB

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Griff has more upside compared to Gabbert. Gabbert has an edge with this arm over Griff. But beyond that Griff can play in spot duty with this offensive talent on offense.

Hard to win NFL games when Gabbert or Griff are starting.

Build the trenches!

• jcaulfield8

Participant

LOL at griffen has upside….dude has been in the league for7 years and is a 3rd string qb. But his upside will show up year 8….haha, thats rich

• kegan

Participant

The number of perfect armchair GMs is amazing. Even after the Super Bowl victor…fans want to claim they know more than our uniformed coaches and staff. Apparently, they are unable to see that Griffin is not a “starting QB.”

Brady might not be able to throw early in workouts this season. Having a couple QBs that know the system…so they team can run workouts? This idea, seems to upset the experts… as just stupid and foolish thinking. Who cares if the QBs throwing to our receivers know anything about the offense. If they won’t be starting in a year or two…. don’t those idiots know they shouldn’t be on the team. Just let the team rest until June or July until we are sure that Brady is ok…then we can practice. Oh, I forgot you can have the future HOF QB that we get in the draft know the playbook in a week. I’m sure he is much smarter than Brady…who took until November-December to learn the offense.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Congratulations to Ryan Griffin. Seven years of collecting an NFL paycheck for basically spectating. Not hating because I surely would take this gig if I could get it.

• FsstNfurios

Participant

Don’t see the big deal in signing a career back up to be one of our back up’s. Most teams do this.

• Barnz1

Participant

This guy is like a cockroach. Just hangs around and hard to get rid of.

Have to laugh if Gabbert is pricing himself out of the Bucs backup QB job. I would guess if he was happy to accept the same vet min deal he would’ve already been signed and not chancing his lack after the draft.

No one in the league is offering Gabbert money. Even so I would prefer him to Griffin.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I don’t get this signing but it’s also a totally pointless debate.

If Brady goes down for a significant time we are probably fucked.

Griffin ain’t winning us shit BUT he could run a few series and hold the line… there are enough weapons to utilize small ball if we needed to…

But for those hating in Gabbert, I disagree and see him as far superior to Griffin… not even close. Still a 1st round talent when drafted. I hope we keep him.

The problem is there are loads of mediocre QBs in the league. Most teams seemingly have a backup that used to start.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I don’t get this signing but it’s also a totally pointless debate.

If Brady goes down for a significant time we are probably fucked.

Griffin ain’t winning us shit BUT he could run a few series and hold the line… there are enough weapons to utilize small ball if we needed to…

But for those hating in Gabbert, I disagree and see him as far superior to Griffin… not even close. Still a 1st round talent when drafted. I hope we keep him.

The problem is there are loads of mediocre QBs in the league. Most teams seemingly have a backup that used to start.

Griffin, depending on the draft, isn’t guaranteed to make the roster. Bucs will probably carry 4 QBs throughout pre-season; especially with Brady recovering from surgery and not really needing reps. Final roster will once again be 3.

I expect Gabbert to be re-signed. If we draft a QB before round 6, you’d have to think that guy will make the team over Griffin.

That being said, if Brady misses time, we are not in a good spot. Obviously have the most confidence in Gabbert but that is clouded by the Detroit lions contest last year.

a half decent back-up QB would cost money and i dont see Bucs willing to spend $8-$10M on an insurance policy for Brady when Gabbert may be able to get us by a few games.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.