Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

ESPN: Tampa Bay’s Ryan Jensen is the game’s best center — and one of its most relentless players.
      https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30760432/tampa-bay-ryan-jensen-game-best-center-one-most-relentless-players

• theknees

Participant

Wirfs and Marpet allow all of our OL to be their best self. Incredible the transformation that has occurred there. Kudos to Licht for getting Wirfs. Glad he didn’t have to give away this year’s draft to do this, which is what he tried to do.

Leatherwood in the first in 2021.

• fanofdabucs

Participant

The Bucs need an edge rusher, CB and maybe a DT to replace Suh.

I think they go PBA at one of those 3 spots.

I love Barmore from Bama to put next to Vita. He’s probably long gone by the time the Bucs pick however.

Another Bama stud, Surtain would change this defense playing opposite Davis.

Again, probably a pipe dream later in the first.

So edge rusher may be the pick.

I think Fournette moves on and a player that would make this offense unstoppable would be Harris. Unreal hands, quick, strong and would take this offense to another level.

Full disclosure, I’m not a Bama homer at all, but any one of those guys would look great in a Bucs uni next year.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Surtain will go go top 10, unfortunately.

Harris id take if fournette leaves.

• JBSouthpaw

Participant

Got to go Edge or Tackle.
        I think our DBs can survive with what we have invested.

Improving/keeping the front pressuring the QB will make them DBs better.

• TBChucky

Participant

Jensen has had a great season. Love watching the angry ginger play!!

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Kwitty Paye in the first as an edge rusher.

Grab Leatherwood in the top half of the second. See if you can unload D. Smith and your second to do it.

• buc_boi

Participant

Thanks licht

• RW

Participant

I love Jensen’s attitude but there is no football expert in the world who thinks he is the best center in the NFL. Actually the top graded center in the NFL, Corey Linsley, plays for the Packer. Jensen is a middle of the pack guy.

• m_j

Participant

he is not the best but he was really good this year. wirfs was great and marpet surprised us all! above all expectations this season!

I know we need to fix our secondary in the offseason first but if we could fix LT as well noone would complain about our OL any more!

• Watchman

Participant

I hate when coverage like this pops up before a big game.

I prefer media picking against the Bucs, and to spend the week telling us all how great the Packers are.

• BChaves8

Participant

Not the best, but he brings an attitude to the Bucs o line.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Lol… the honks out in full force.

Now Jensen is the best center in football?

Good lord… it’s OK to be subjective guys

• buc_boi

Participant

Why does that man thinking Jenson’s the best center in football bother you for?

Does his opinion really get to you that much?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Silly argument… why respond to anything then? It’s just message board filled with compete strangers.

Just more fun to be objective… makes the conversation more meaningful

• TBChucky

Participant

Hopefully Jensen and Co. smack around Green Bay’s OL today so Rojo and Fournette can GASH them on the ground! GB’s LBs aren’t a strength for that team..

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Jensen isn’t the best. AQ Shipley produced similarly to Jensen when Shipley played center and Jensen shifted to LG. This is important that many other people need to accept.

Jensen is okay, but his salary is not. He is not worth the $10 mil per season when a veteran backup can do the same thing he can. If Jensen was paid $4 mil a season, then I wouldn’t be looking to move on from him.

Licht fell in love with ferocity over talent with Jensen and Cappa. We had Marpet at center and he was better than Jensen in Marpet’s only year at center.

Last year, we sucked at running the ball up the gut. We produced fewer yards last year than we did under Koetter’s last year, where Koetter had no starting RG. Fast forward to this year, we discovered that Marpet had hip surgery. That helped him with mobility + and his play is what improved our run game up the gut.

What funny is Licht’s other FA center was Evan Smith. He was replaced by off-the-street center Joe Hawley and then we moved Marpet to center. Crazy, right?

• Mic

Participant

He does put up some “fun” film

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Jensens worth every penny.

All of a sudden we have an elite oline unit. Even down cappa.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.