Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 155 reply threads

• Author

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Ravens Center and UFA Ryan Jensen has plans to make two different free agent visits this week: Tampa Bay and Indianapolis.

@nflnetwork
      @NFL @gmfb

How good is this guy? I’m sorta meh on giving him a bunch of money.

Please wait…

• Jr.3

Participant

Does this mean they want Marpet back at Guard?

Please wait…

• ktownbuc47

Participant

Don’t let this guy out of Tampa without a contract!!!!

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

J.A.S.H.E.R.
      Mar 14, 18 at 10:23 am #1067814

He’s an average Center. I definitely don’t think he’s worth a big contract, nor do I think they should move Marpet from Center – but Jensen @ Center and Marpet @ OG is a clear upgrade from Marpet @ Center and either Sweezy/Pamphile @ OG.

I would prefer the team leaving Marpet alone and signing Josh Sitton.

Please wait…

• cvillebucfan

Participant

J.A.S.H.E.R.
      Mar 14, 18 at 10:23 am #1067814
      Ravens Center and UFA Ryan Jensen has plans to make two different free agent visits this week: Tampa Bay and Indianapolis.

@nflnetwork
      @NFL @gmfb

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At this point I don’t give a shit if we over pay. We’ve done jack shit to this point. Its a MAJOR position of need, we can afford to overpay and we need to because we’ve done a terrible job of managing this roster along both OL and DL…

Please wait…

• TBChucky

Participant

Sign him please!

Please wait…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Licht just has to bite the bullet and submit to the fact that Marpet’s new deal is going to be in top guard territory…because Marpet plays guard as good if not better than he does at center. No way do I see Ali signing a top center deal which is like 2 million less per year.

Please wait…

• TBChucky

Participant

Marpet is a guard in my book..

Please wait…

• wolfet

Participant

I’d put Ali at LG next to smith

Please wait…

• cvillebucfan

Participant

So damn annoying 4th most cap in the NFL and our stupid ass GM acts like he has one of the top rosters in the NFL. Its FA, EVERYONE gets overpaid! Sitting around on his ass like he’s gonna make some frugal moves, fill the roster thats already stacked. We are picking 7th overall for a reason its because the team and your philosophy you have implemented SUCKS!!!

Please wait…

• Knucknbuc

Participant

So if we’re gonna move ali from his rg position 2 center last year (a position he’s never played) only to sign a center the next year and move ali to lg(also a position hes never played b4) might be the most bucs thing ever.

Please wait…

• wolfet

Participant

He played on left tackle in college and only moved to right side because mankins was already there. To me, it’s about where he is more comfortable.

Please wait…

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Sign him whatever it takes. He’s the top guy at his position this year. Move Marpet back to guard which he plays well. Line gets way better.

Please wait…

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

Colts have a ton of money to spend too. I am interested to see which visit is first. If it’s the Bucs, they need to get him signed and not leave the bldg. if he does, then he will be a Colt

Please wait…

• TBChucky

Participant

Can’t let him leave..

Please wait…

• TBChucky

Participant

PR said he grades out close to the top centers, Mack etc. I’d love him on board, personally.

Please wait…

• freddy

Participant

I think Marpet is a very good center, but I also think he could be elite at guard. I would love an interior line of Nelson, Jensen Marpet.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

TBChucky
      Mar 14, 18 at 11:11 am #1067871

PR said he grades out close to the top centers, Mack etc. I’d love him on board, personally.

Jensen was nowhere near Mack. Jensen was the 13th highest rated Center, with barely a positive grade. He’s an average player.

Please wait…

• TBChucky

Participant

@Freddy
      Kinda gives me butterflies..

Please wait…

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

Bucs get 1st visit per Jenna Lane

Please wait…

• Detrimental

Participant

Only been a starter in the league for 1 year. Last time we signed a year starter it blew up in our face in Anthony Collins. Very skeptical on this guy so i’ll just wait and see. Anything that keeps Pamphile off the field should help because he was awful.

Please wait…

• SunnyD

Participant

He is a player for a different team that I have heard of so we must sign him and we must pay him handsomely.

In all seriousness, he would be an upgrade on Pamphile like Detrimental said so I’d be on board.

Please wait…

• mgchat76

Participant

It’s a good first step. They need another G like Sitton. I think Norwell will go before our pick, and that Hernandez and Wynn could be gone by our 2nd rounder.

Please wait…

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

If they can keep it under 6 million a year I don’t give a crap if he is the number 4 guy backing up both guards and the center or the starting center with Ali going back to his natural position. I want him in the building either way!!

Please wait…

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

No way $6 mil gets this done

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

Hopefully the weather today helps! Has to be way nicer here today than it is in Indy.

Please wait…

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

Jensen is not average. He’s a VERY good center. Sign him please!

Nelson
      Jensen
      Marpet

Please wait…

• Detrimental

Participant

I think I’d still draft a guard in the second or third round depending on who’s on board. Sweezy is C- player and if we cut him in June aren’t we off the books with his contract?

Please wait…

• Detrimental

Participant

@Brooks Dunn-Winston

What makes you think that?

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Brooks Dunn-Winston
      Mar 14, 18 at 11:48 am #1067931

Jensen is not average. He’s a VERY good center.

Based on what, exactly?

Please wait…

• BuccaneersMagic1282

Participant

I like Jensen just because he allows Marpet to go back to guard, which will improve the line top to bottom. Unfortunately, him having a visit with the Colts lined up gives him more leverage in talks.

Please wait…

• aarex

Participant

This article places him #8, I don’t know how accurate said article is….its just what i found with a quick google.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2754255-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-centers-of-2017-season

Please wait…

• seanbassak

Participant

This is one Licht needs to get done. I think it would reflect poorly on him if it doesn’t, theyve already spent so much effort saying they want Ali at
      Center and now they’re bringing in the top FA Center for a visit. Better make it happen.
      Besides that he can play. He’s a good center and Ali moving back to Guard really solidifies one of those positions. Then getting Nelson? Yes please.

Please wait…

• Buc Bauce

Participant

Looks like this guy absolutely despises middle linebackers…
      https://youtu.be/ni1foxMpV6M

Please wait…

• tiapanda

Participant

According to that Bleacher Report article Marpet is already a top 10 center.

Please wait…

• Nobody

Participant

Marpet is already a top 10 Center. I don’t understand this angst about him playing center. Consider:

A) He was to 4 in the league for the majority of the year and ended 7 (PFF).

B) Our pass protection and blitz pick-up was excellent (line calls) for the first 11-12 games of the season).

C) This was his FIRST year playing the position.

D) Quality of Center play intersects in part with the quality of the OG play to the left and right of the Center. So consider A and B given how absolutely awful our LG and RG play was.

I don’t understand this urge to move him back. It feels like people didn’t like a move and were committed to that position despite what happened on the field.

Put quality OG play to his left and right, give him another year, and you’ll likely see top 3 Center play.

Please wait…

• Cerious

Participant

Marpet is a top 10 center but could be a top 5 guard. So get the #8 C in Jensen and move Marpet back to OG and think about how that would improve our interior OL play. Then possibly add Nelson and you could easily have three players who are top 10 or better at their position on our OL. That design spells success fellas!

Please wait…

• Cerious

Participant

@Nobody

Or plug Jensen there and let Marpet play his natural position which is top 5 level play and watch Jensen’s play also rise.

Two things, we need to either add Sutton and Nelson to help Marpet get to top 5 at center. Or move Marpet back to guard and still have a top 5 guard and a top 10 center with Jensen.

Please wait…

• Detrimental

Participant

Jensen can play guard too. He has played both positions so its really up to the coaching staff on where they wanna place each player. Either way it keeps Pamphile off the field so I’m cool with having options.

Please wait…

• BuccaneersMagic1282

Participant

I don’t think Marpet is a bad C at all, I just think the entire line improves if Marpet takes over one of the guard positions. Which most would agree was our weakest link on the OL last year.

Please wait…

• Buc Bauce

Participant

It seems like it’s easier to find a center (Jensen) and a LG (Sutton) than to find two Guards…

I’m thinking NYG might be taking Nelson, and trying for one more SB run with Eli.

Lots of teams looking for Guards too. Hernandez and Wynn likely going in the first round.

I am in the keep Marpet at Center camp, but it looks like this regime is just trying to do the best with what they’ve got or at least what they anticipate on having.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Cerious
      Mar 14, 18 at 1:02 pm #1067986

@nobody

Or plug Jensen there and let Marpet play his natural position

His “natural position” is OT.

I don’t think everybody realizes what goes into playing Center. Marpet does it all very, very well – and he’s only played there for 11 games.

Please wait…

• Cerious

Participant

His natural position in college was OT, but this is not Hobart College and whatever FBS league they play in.

Marpet as an elite guard, that was true before we moved him to center. He could also be an elite center, the problem is there aren’t a whole lot of elite guards available and Nelson might not make it to 7. If Jensen can play guard at an elite level then it’s all a very good problem for our team to have.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

There were 29 OC’s that played at least 60% of their team’s snaps, with 5 having a positive grade of 10.0+ – that’s 17.2%
      There were 52 OG’s that played at least 60% of their team’s snaps, with 10 having a positive grade of 10.0+ – that’s 19.2%

Point being, it’s even more difficult to find a top Center than a top Guard. And I agree it’s difficult to find a top OG.

Please wait…

• Cerious

Participant

I get what you are saying Biggs, but there are twice as many starting OGs than Cs, that number is going to be skewed based on the fact that each team starts two guards and one center.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Cerious
      Mar 14, 18 at 2:16 pm #1068042

I get what you are saying Biggs, but there are twice as many starting OGs than Cs, that number is going to be skewed based on the fact that each team starts two guards and one center.

That’s why I also showed the percentage, 17.2% vs. 19.2%.

Please wait…

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

I think Marpet could be an excellent center. My wanting to sign Jennings has nothing to do with Marpet. We just need another interior lineman.

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

Jenna Laine reporting Pamphile has drawn interested from 8-10 teams. He would be a bad loss. Doesn’t make sense, just leave him and Marpet at guard.

Releasing Sweezy saves $5.3M

LT- Smith
      LG- Pamphile
      C- Jensen
      RG- Marpet
      RT- Dotson

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

I am 100% against signing this guy. He is considered good… and we should never sign anyone who is good. According to Donkey and others, it is a terrible idea to sign good FA’s, because they are always busts. Jason, stick to your strategy. If this guy really is the best FA center, then we need to look elsewhere. Perhaps we can find a back-up center somewhere, overpay him slightly, and expect him to become good. Or, perhaps we can sign more WR’s or TE’s. Ebron was just released! We haven’t spent enough money in those positions. There are still some good WR’s out there. It is absolutely the wrong move to sign the best FA at any position. It never works out. Just ask the Jaguars.

Please wait…

• Cerious

Participant

@Biggs

Percentages don’t work, it’s comparing apples to oranges. You have 29 Cs to choose from and 52 OGs, 5 Cs with a score of 10+ and 10 OGs. The percentages are almost identical, 17 versus 19, in terms of numbers its relative considering the sample numbers and the disparity between samples (in this case almost double to evaluate).

Anyway. Either way we approach it, upgrading our line is going to be hard. Moving Marpet if necessary while still adding top 10 players around him should be considered an upgrade.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Cerious
      Mar 14, 18 at 3:50 pm #1068127

Percentages don’t work, it’s comparing apples to oranges. You have 29 Cs to choose from and 52 OGs, 5 Cs with a score of 10+ and 10 OGs

That’s exactly why percentages do work, as opposed to the raw numbers of 5-to-10. The raw numbers make it look like there are twice as many top OG’s, which isn’t accurate.

Anyway, it seems we agree that both positions are scarce of top-level players.

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

My die hard ravens friend says Jensen is awesome. Fans love him apparentally

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

Jensen will be the first player the Bucs have been rumored to be interested in that would make me disappointed if he did not sign with Tampa.

Please wait…

• SO CAL BUC FAN

Participant

@Pepsi

My die hard ravens friend says Jensen is awesome. Fans love him apparently

Cause dude is an Angry Ginger with a Mullet!!!!

Please wait…

• SappAttack

Participant

how can you not love this guy?

Please wait…

• Easythe great

Participant

Imagine signing Jensen and kicking Marpet back to RG then drafting Nelson to play LG. This line could be a top 5 in the league

Please wait…

Bucs fan from Texas.. FIRE THE CANNONS!!!

• SappAttack

Participant

I think this is what the Bucs office sees as well. I think Jensen is about to get paid and the dominos will start falling in the trenches for the Bucs.

Please wait…

• bucboi813

Participant

Wtf is the Jensen signing at Licht and dirk please don’t F this up

Please wait…

• Tjax03

Participant

Grab pugh as well

Please wait…

• T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Participant

The colts have a good center already and will be offering Jensen as a guard. My concern is that Licht and friends will offer Jensen as a center and as a result put less money on the table. I don’t like overspending for free agents but someone this good and young cannot be let out the door. Overpay if you must but it is critical that this run game gets on track and we keep our franchise healthy in the pocket.

Please wait…

• Gareth

Participant

Jensen reminds me of hawley’s dog mentality but in a more stout body.

Please wait…

• SappAttack

Participant

we need more bite in this team, everywhere, but especially upfront – dead center.

Please wait…

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

This from Walter Football:

Ryan Jensen, C, Ravens. Age: 27.

Ryan Jensen did a decent job as Baltimore’s starting center in 2017, but he could stand to be upgraded.

Walter rated Jensen at 2 star and did not have Jensen in the top 100 free agents.

Please wait…

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• Jr.3

Participant

@Island Bucs To be fair he gave the Bengals an A for signing Chris Baker so how much football knowledge does he really have?

Please wait…

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

The Bucs could draft James Daniels in the 2nd.

NFL Profiles has Daniels as the #1 center (above Price)

At the combine he was 6’3 and weighed 306. The thing is he won’t be 21 till Sept or so. He is still growing.

What he has is real quickness which all teams value in a center.

The NFL profiles report:

STRENGTHS Elite movement talent for the position. Smooth, fluid and flexible. Good snap to step quickness. Initial contact is balanced and well-timed. Outpaces defenders laterally and reaches three-techniques all day long. Slides feet into position and swivels hips to secure the block. Easy second-level climber with agility for high connection rate. Takes smart angles. Can beat inside linebackers to the spot and get them sealed. Has reactive athleticism to open hips and redirect against slants on his backside. Snatches and mirrors for block centering and sustaining on work-up blocks. Finishes. Technically sound and works well with his guards. Pass sets with wide base and plus balance. Rarely caught lunging or over-extending against athletic rushers. Has foot quickness to stay mirrored and handle counters. Rolls hips under him for quality anchor.
      WEAKNESSES Played lighter than he needs to be as a pro. Has to continue to add functional mass to his frame. Power at the point of attack is average. Bull-rushers make him work overtime to maintain his anchor. Will struggle to recover if nose guards get hands on him first. Target points can be too high in pass sets causing hands to slide up and off opponent. Gets in a hurry to climb on top of second level linebacker and will leave initial block unsecured for guard next to him. Scheme didn’t allow for much drive blocking.
      DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2
      SOURCES TELL US “The Iowa guys are always going to be quick and proficient, but you have to see them tested against power because they are usually going to be a little smaller, too. This guy has decent size and I think he’s got pretty good functional power. He would come in and challenge for best center in our division right away.” — NFC team college scouting director
      NFL COMPARISON Chris Chester
      BOTTOM LINE Daniels is a fluid mover with tremendous initial quickness to win positioning on most every zone block he’s asked to make — both on the first and second levels. His height, weight and arm length numbers at the Combine will be critical in either solidifying his draft slot or potentially dropping him a round. Some teams might see him as a zone-only center, but he may be strong enough to fit in with other blocking schemes. He needs to get stronger, but he’s a plus run blocker and pass protector with a chance to become a Pro Bowl starter.

Please wait…

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Jr.3:

A lot of Walters grade involves the money involved.

Baker signed for 3 mil.

Walter had Baker ranked well below average. To see rankings go to Walter’s Free Agent Tracker

Another example is Mike Evans. Everyone knows he is a real talent.

Walter gave the signing only a C+ because of the money involved

Please wait…

• Jr.3

Participant

@Island Bucs Did not know he had money factored in it also. Thanks for the info.

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

I hadn’t taken a look at James Daniels. I really like his shotgun snaps.

Please wait…

• Northside

Participant

I like the Hawley mentality with more stout body comparison. Sounds like he’d be a great addition.

Please wait…

• TBChucky

Participant

Per Ian Rapoport

#Ravens free agent center Ryan Jensen spent yesterday visiting the #Bucs and today is slated to head to the #Colts for a visit. He could command double digits.

Damn.. Hope they did not let him leave without a contract..

Please wait…

• Gareth

Participant

I hope this is a “just need to sleep on it” deal and we will be receiving news of the signing soon.

Please wait…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Glad Licht snatched up Alex Mack a couple years ago when he became available! Oh wait…

Please wait…

• TBChucky

Participant

Per Incarcerated Bob:

Hearing they made strong offer #Bucs #Jensen should see pen hit paper soon…

Unless mystery team is lurking texting 💰

If Bob says it, it has to be true! 😄

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

Take him outside later this morning to play golf and then show him the weather report in Indianapolis.

Please wait…

• buccnation

Participant

Would he even start in Indy though? I know Ryan Kelly has been hurt but he would still be their starter when healthy.

Please wait…

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

He would play guard in Indy.

Please wait…

Participant

My thumb hurts from violently refreshing twitter.

Please wait…

• BucD

Participant

@PassThePigSkin: So I’m guessing they already have an established Center, then? Interesting.

Please wait…

• tiapanda

Participant

We should promise him he will play guard for us. Guards make more money. The Bucs will take care of Marpet whether he plays C or G.

Please wait…

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

@BucD they have Ryan Kelly from Alabama.

Please wait…

Participant

Fresh off the press from incarcerated bob. Looks like we’re going to have to sweat this one out.

Colts trying to make push today, Bucs made good offer
      Seems like he wants to explore before committing

Please wait…

• TBChucky

Participant

Bummer.. Hopefully he enjoyed the weather down here..

Please wait…

• Swillyboy15

Participant

It really doesn’t make sense as to why they didn’t just dump Sweezy. Save that 5 million and put 6 or 7 more with it to get a deal done before he left for Indy.

Leave Marpet at Center, Jenson at RG, and draft Nelson at 7 as it looks next to impossible that Chubb will fall to us.

That would be a top 10 OL with your only weak spot at LT.

Jameis would have much more time in the pocket and when D. Smith wiffs on a look out block- he could just step up and the DE would run by since the middle of the pocket would be kept clean. They’d open the run game up vastly as well.

We better cross all 20 toes and fingers he comes back. Adding those two players (Jenson and Nelson) will put more points on the board than DJax and Howard did last year.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

There is still plenty of time to dump Sweezy. Right now, he’s the only starting OG on the team. He very well may stay on the team through camp.

My hope is they aren’t actually planning on having him start at OG.

Please wait…

• jcaulfield8

Participant

You guys act like we lost him because he left. Maybe the guy wants to see where he and his family will be living the next4-5 years…. I don’t understand how more players don’t go on multiple trips each year.

Please wait…

• bucboi813

Participant

Anybody who thinks Jensen wants to or should play guard is a idiot and Marpet is much better in space all he can do at center is hold the point of attack at guard Marpet is nasty he man handles people consistently he needs to be moved to guard that’s why Jensen came in the bucs should have never let him leave it sucks if he stays in Indy or even that it’s a chance if we don’t protect Winston this team will be shitty again and we will probably end up with a luck type situation bring on the stupid ass replies

Please wait…

• BucD

Participant

@JennaLaineESPN:
      The Bucs are hosting pass rusher Alex Okafor for a visit today. Offensive linemen Ryan Jensen’s visit is scheduled to wrap up this afternoon, with him slated to fly to Indianapolis around 2 p.m. I’m told that Indy is preparing to make a hard push on that one.

Yeah, he’s gone.

Please wait…

• Swillyboy15

Participant

@Biggs

My point was that Licht seems to be penny pinching this offseason. He could have cut Sweezy now, used that 5 mil to throw at Jenson and stacked another 6 or 7 on top of if. Technically, at that point- you only “spent” 7 million more this year than you did BEFORE you cut Sweezy.

There’s plenty of depth guys out there which is what Sweezy is. You could then (after signing Jenson and releasing Sweezy) signed a couple lower level guys to battle for your #2.

All that said I understand what you’re saying and you’re not wrong either.

Please wait…

• TBChucky

Participant

From Jenna Laine:

I’m told that the Bucs really love Ryan Jensen. He fits the new mentality they want with their offensive line — absolute dogs in the trenches, guys who are “full of spit and vinegar.” (link: http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0765950697622478682-4) espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

If they like him THAT much, make him an offer he can’t refuse!

#STILLHOPE

Please wait…

• TBChucky

Participant

Kinda sounds like Nelson too.. just saying.. 😁

Please wait…

• bucboi813

Participant

Mfs just like to down vote for no reason lol must be my pic lol you make a valid point and the hate still roles in mf trolls lol

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Lol. Pullling the race card on the 2nd day of FA.

Bold strategy…

Please wait…

• bucboi813

Participant

It is what it is I love it

Please wait…

• Swillyboy15

Participant

You probably get down votes because you type hundreds of words with no punctuation. Most people have no clue as to what you’re trying to say because it’s essentially subconscious jargon.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

When all else fails and you can’t produce a solid, coherent, logical argument; it’s a predictable tactic.

Well played…

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

T.I. McCrown: King Of The South
      Mar 14, 18 at 8:24 pm #1068317
      The colts have a good center already and will be offering Jensen as a guard. My concern is that Licht and friends will offer Jensen as a center and as a result put less money on the table. I don’t like overspending for free agents but someone this good and young cannot be let out the door. Overpay if you must but it is critical that this run game gets on track and we keep our franchise healthy in the pocket.
      ===============
      If we are talking Ryan Kelly, he’s not that good.

PFF grades Kelly at 39. 9.

In comparison, Jensen is 74.9 and Marpet comes in at 79.0

Please wait…

• Hank Scorpio

Participant

Gotta think we’d give him the option to be a C or G for us and that he’ll base his final decision on how he feel he fits with the team/office and who is offering the most.

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

Hank Scorpio
      Mar 15, 18 at 11:48 am #1068551
      Gotta think we’d give him the option to be a C or G for us and that he’ll base his final decision on how he feel he fits with the team/office and who is offering the most.
      =================
      It maybe easier to just pay him like a top ten guard and let him play center

Please wait…

• jcaulfield8

Participant

mike pouncey is about to be released..no idea about either. could be a second option

Please wait…

• BucD

Participant

Jensen just got on a private plane sent by the Colts.

Lol – Oh he’s so gone.

Please wait…

• BucsWin31

Participant

BucD
      Mar 15, 18 at 3:11 pm #1068696
      Jensen just got on a private plane sent by the Colts.

Lol – Oh he’s so gone.

/thread You all know what will happen now.

Please wait…

• TBChucky

Participant

Can’t find any updates on Jensen’s visit in Indy..

Please wait…

Participant

WE GOT HIM

***per Jenna Laine

Please wait…

• seanbassak

Participant

He’s a Buc per Jenna Laine.
      Love it!

Please wait…

• CalicoJack55

Participant

Please wait…

• BucsWin31

Participant

Thank goodness!!!

Please wait…

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Party time!

Fixing the trenches!

Please wait…

Build the trenches!

• ktownbuc47

Participant

Daddy Like, time to build some nasty lines.

Please wait…

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Yup, next up is a DE and possibly another OL.

Grab a veteran RB and DB as well and the Bucs should be ready to go for the draft in a few months.

Please wait…

Build the trenches!

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

Lot of cash but we knew that would happen with the Colts bidding aggressively. Fixes two positions with Marpet going back to Guard. Jensen only 26 so another ascending player heading into his prime…love it

Please wait…

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

This is the best case scenario for fixing the interior OL. Upgrading right guard and center is a win/win.

Please wait…

Build the trenches!

• Easythe great

Participant

Love love love this signing!! Looks like Quenton Nelson is our pick at 7

Please wait…

Bucs fan from Texas.. FIRE THE CANNONS!!!

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

Man, I hope 4 QBs go in the top 6!

Please wait…

• BuccaneersMagic1282

Participant

Can we stop whining about not being aggressive in FA now? Like we upgraded the line, we did overpay though.

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

I have to give props to Licht. Finally fixing the trenches! Now let’s get a pass rusher, corner and safety.

Please wait…

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Drafting Nelson wouldn’t be so bad now if he is playing next to Jensen and Marpet in the interior. That would give the Bucs the best interior OL in the NFCS easily.

Please wait…

Build the trenches!

• casren

Participant

I am thankful right now.

Please wait…

• notabucsfan

Participant

Honey Badger next?!

Please wait…

• The Big Shooter

Participant

You are so right…

Please wait…

• cvillebucfan

Participant

We needed this badly! Great move let’s get another!

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

He is the #8 Center in the NFL according to Bleacher.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2754255-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-centers-of-2017-season

Please wait…

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

Finally good job Licht.

Please wait…

• Clive Massimo

Participant

The right move for Tampa. Clutch signing!

Please wait…

• Northern Rep

Participant

We got him!

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

On this list, notice that all the playoff teams have a good center. Cool stuff

Please wait…

• Ja’crispy

Participant

Finally! Patience is a virtue! Building the trenches. Love it. Nelson or chubb our lines are getting better!

Please wait…

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Yeah Chubb or Nelson is the dream scenario for putting the capstone for the revamped trenches.

Please wait…

Build the trenches!

• CalicoJack55

Participant

Will Indy take Nelson?

Please wait…

• The Big Shooter

Participant

Do we go beast…Will Hernandez

Please wait…

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Indy probably goes QB or Chubb.

NYG probably go Chubb, QB, or Nelson.

So right now NYG are the biggest wildcard however the Browns can shock everyone by not taking a QB with either of their picks.

Please wait…

Build the trenches!

• bouconagain

Participant

Outstanding signing. If the Bucs sign Gaines, that makes FA a resounding success.

Very interested in the draft.
      Is it Nelson to make a Cowboys-style line?
      Or DE to upgrade the DL beyond what was available in a weak free agency class?
      Or if Barkley falls do they go for an Ezekiel-Elliot/Fournette immediate impact of a stud RB?

Please wait…

• CalicoJack55

Participant

Please wait…

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

I think the Giants go Barkley leaving Chubb or Nelson at 7.

Please wait…

• tiapanda

Participant

Now I almost want Nelson more than Chubb. Benenoch eventually takes over RT and we have a young potentially great OL.

Please wait…

• blackat1515

Participant

We have to watch out for NYG taking Nelson, they are in the same boat as us, they signed a good Tackle and adding Nelson to protect Eli is big, I hope not but that’s my worry

Please wait…

• CalicoJack55

Participant

Indy needs to protect their QB, too… and they were after Jensen.

Please wait…

• blackat1515

Participant

1000 percent correct sir. We can hope he last until 7,

Please wait…

• ktownbuc47

Participant

If Chubb, Barkley and Nelson are gone at 7, there will be a QB available that somebody wants to trade for, hopefully a couple of teams.

Please wait…

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

New Giants GM Gettlemen is known for drafting line players in the first round. But a young QB may also be in play so that is why the NYG are a big wildcard. Gettlemen may also choose to go CB or RB like Barkley if he falls.

So yeah the NYG are a big wildcard with what they do on draft day.

Please wait…

Build the trenches!

• red816

Participant

Hope he works out. Big money paid to a back-up who only has 1 season of starting under his belt…

Marpet back at guard is huge.

Please wait…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

I think Colts draft Barkley if he’s there, and go guard in the 2nd.

Please wait…

• tiapanda

Participant

I don’t see how the Giants don’t take a QB in the 1st rd. You rarely get a pick of the litter chance at a QB and they’re going to need one soon.

Please wait…

• CalicoJack55

Participant

Litter being the operative word?

Please wait…

• ufcguy32

Participant

If the Giants dont go qb theyre idiots. Next yrs crop is terrible and eli is toast. 2 years max. Let the kid sit, learn and start him yr 2 or 3

Please wait…

• cvillebucfan

Participant

1. Browns- QB

2. NYG- Does the GM want to cash in and get his QB now? GM’s have a window and if they take a Barkley or a Nelson and win 7-8 games can they get one next year when they’ll have to? I say QB just because you may not be up there at #2 again when you need to be. Eli cannot play forever and he’s borderline garbage as is.

3. Colts- Licht who I’ve been hard on really hit Indy in the bits here with Jensen. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Indy bale and trade back. Especially with 2 QB’s going 1-2. If they stay they go Nelson IMO, if they cannot trade back. It’s a must to protect Luck.

4. Browns- Barkley

5. Broncos- QB

6. NYJ- QB

7. Bucs- Chubb

No Chubb, Nelson or Barkley Trade back if possible.

Please wait…

• blackat1515

Participant

Didn’t the Colts draft Mack last year, that may slow them from taking Barkley

Please wait…

• Tjax03

Participant

Jets are taking nelson. Guarantee that is happening

Please wait…

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Reich is going to want to build up the offense IMO

While the Colts would love to have Chubb I think they are going to want to build the offense up.

Please wait…

Build the trenches!

• Buc Bauce

Participant

Colts are going to trade back with the Bills. Bills taking a QB.

Jets are still in the market for a QB. Bridgewater can’t be depended on as a long term solution. He’s a bridge QB.

Our FO had a beat on NYG two years ago when they took Eli Apple, hopefully they do again this year too because I seriously have no idea what they’re gonna do.

Please wait…

• SappAttack

Participant

1. Browns – Allen

2. NYG – Barkley

3. Colts – Nelson (this just became even more likely with Jensen to the Bucs, and the Bucs know it)

4. Browns – Fitzpatrick

5. Broncos – Darnold

6. NYJ – Rosen

7. Bucs – Chubb

Please wait…

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

I would be SHOCKED if 4 of the top 6 picks AREN’T QB’s.

1) Browns – Barkley (I feel confident here)
      2) Giants – Rosen (seriously, will the Giants ever pick this high again?)
      3) Bills (via trade) – Darnold
      4) Browns – Allen
      5) Broncos – Chubb
      6) Jets – Mayfield
      7) Bucs – Nelson

No matter what, if 4 QBs go in the top 6 we land either Barkley, Chubb or Nelson. Can’t go wrong.

Please wait…

• SappAttack

Participant

you are straight up high if you think Elway is passing on the chance to pick up his future QB to grab another rusher to a loaded defense.

Please wait…

• Tjax03

Participant

SappAttack
        Mar 17, 18 at 12:22 am #1069312
        you are straight up high if you think Elway is passing on the chance to pick up his future QB to grab another rusher to a loaded defense.

Elway went after keenum. The guy wants to win now. Same for vance. Elways is getting nelson if he stays put.

He knows we want nelson or chubb and wants licht to jump the gun. He also knows licht makes dumb decisions like drafting kickers high.

This is probably one time im glad the glazers put the kibosh on lichts decisions

Please wait…

• Knucknbuc

Participant

Great move!! Glad it happened.

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

Biggs3535
      Mar 14, 18 at 11:14 am #1067877
      TBChucky

Jensen was nowhere near Mack. Jensen was the 13th highest rated Center, with barely a positive grade. He’s an average player.
      —–
      Jensen is one of the top ten Centers in the league.

Please wait…

• The Freeman

Participant

Pff 2017 grades: Top ten C

Elite (+90.0)
      #1 Jason Kelce 91.3
      #2 Travis Frederick 90.8
      High Quality (+85.0)
      #3 Alex Mack 88.9
      Above Average (+80.0)
      #4 Brandon Linder 84.7
      #5 David Andrews 81.8
      #6 Rodney Hudson 81.6
      Average (+ 70.0)
      #7 Ali Marpet 79.0
      #8 Matt Paradis 75.2
      #9 Ryan Jensen 74.9
      #10 John Sullivan 74.6

Pro Football Focus

Please wait…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Should have signed Alex Mack 2 years ago. He even expressed interest in playing for us. Hope Jensen works out because that is a lot of coin.

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

Have we cut Sweezy yet?

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Havok904
      Mar 17, 18 at 2:55 am #1069327

He’s probably in the 8-12 range, yes. But there is a lot of poor Center play in the NFL. He’s an average player, which is an upgrade from the below-average/poor play the team has received from Pamphile/Sweezy.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Good signing, probably overpaid, but that is to be expected when these guys hit the market.
      Its pay or go home.

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

Sweezy is currently the starting LG. Can’t cut him until you have a replacement. No need to. Good depth.

Please wait…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Highest paid center in the league. Nice signing Jason, a guy that can’t run block!

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Biggs3535

Mar 14, 18 at 11:14 am #1067877

TBChucky

—–

Lolz

Please wait…

Viewing 155 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.