Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

1 year 1.75 mil.

His play on special teams will be missed.

Jag otherwise tho. I think we’ll draft a cb somewhere in the first 4 rounds.

• ratiffshabang

Participant

It’s easy to look at him as a jag with the kind of talent we have. It’s not as easy, as some people think, to replace your special teams leader as well as being a vet leader. It was also nice to have him as backup corner, who has had time as a starter in the past. Considering CD3, Dean, and SMB have all missed games due to injuries having at least a few backups that have starting experience is very important. Was Smith a great starter? No but did have a few good moments, and sometimes that confidence of knowing they’ve done it in the past can be invaluable. Can we replace him, sure but I wouldn’t dismiss his value completely

• buc_boi

Participant

Greenberg dropping the ball

• harrybucman

Participant

Buc-boi, I know you don’t know how front offices work, but Greenburg has nothing to do with that decision

• buc_boi

Participant

There’s now a black eye on Jason lichts perfect offseason, thanks to mike Greenberg.

It’s not like this team is stacked with special teams studs, yet there’s mike Greenberg just sitting there twiddling his thumbs as one just up and walks out the front door… unbelievable

• harrybucman

Participant

Again dumbass, Greenburg has nothing to do with personnel decisions. That’s all on Bruce and Licht.

• buc_boi

Participant

Since the great ‘capoligist’ mike Greenburg couldn’t do his simple job, now the greatest general manager in franchise history will have to work his voodoo magic once more to replace the valuable special teams member that Greenberg let walk…

If anyone can fill the holes left on our roster by mike Greenburg, it’s Jason licht..

• harrybucman

Participant

Guess you can’t fix stupid. If Bruce or Licht wanted to keep Smith, he would still be a Buc, period. It’s not hard to work out a way to cover a 1.75 mil deal. When you are agenda driven, it blinds you to reality.

Read my lips Dumbo– Greenburg doesn’t make personnel decisions. He just works the cap to best satisfy the desires of Bruce and Licht. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend.

• Lawdy

Participant

its Herb Miller time

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Definitely need to draft a S or corner.

Build the trenches!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Special teams which has been bad is now even worse.

• Detrimental

Participant

Def have to draft some ST aces this year

• BadabingBucs

Participant

well we weren’t going to bring back all 53 now guys lol

we can draft a cornerback or 2 in the later rounds of the draft

• The Freeman

Participant

one of the best gunner/vise in 2019… ST got worse, Justin Watson roster spot could be safe.
      really like Herb Miller since his good rookie pre-season with the chiefs years ago, better potential at CB than Smith.
      They may have TJ Logan (who is a good gunner) back later!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Justin Watson is garbage.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Bruce Arians did say he wants more speed on defense. Which also means more better depth and special teams players.

Expect the Bucs to draft a lot of fast defenders to shore up special teams and also provide depth.

Build the trenches!

• Barnz1

Participant

On a roster this good where draft picks won’t even be safe to make the 53…using a spot purely on a ST guy is a wasted spot. Smith is useless as CB depth.

If the choice was between Cockrell getting this money or Smith the choice is easy. Cockrell outplayed SMB a number of games last season and probably should’ve been starting.

Although I am unsure why Cockrell is still unsigned.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Agree about Cockrell. He was a surprise for sure. I would bring that dude back, he flashed a good deal of solid traits. He wasn’t just Andrew Adam’s out there…just worthless.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Not worried about his play on ST he can be replaced all about the other guys taking correct angles.

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Ouch; ST was my biggest concern going into the playoffs. Saints and Chiefs were both dangerous last season…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Bring back Dare Oongaboongawale to save our ST’s unit!

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

Do we dare bring him back?? (Pun intended)

• RW

Participant

Greenberg dropping the ball

Friggin’ nonsense

• buc_boi

Participant

Quiet you

• RW

Participant

No coincidence that both of Brady’s pick sixes last year were on out throws to Watson. He runs sloppy routes. If he makes the team I doubt he sees the field as a receiver more than 10 plays all season.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yup. And from a guy from an Ivy League school, you would think running a route and learning a playbook would be easy for him…

No coincidence that both of Brady’s pick sixes last year were on out throws to Watson. He runs sloppy routes. If he makes the team I doubt he sees the field as a receiver more than 10 plays all season.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

Just one more reason I’m leaning towards WR or DB at 32. Was slowly changing from OL to DB based on the strengths of the class and our depth after Stinnie and D. Smith extension.
      Factor now Ryan Smith is gone and a good chance the BPA is going to be a DB like Elijah Molden, Campbell, or Adebo for example. This league is 3 wide 60% of the time, so there’s a higher probability rate he sees the field sooner. I also think though if Toney slides to 32, assuming he gets by Balt , KC he’s gotta be a strong consideration too. No AB and our top two always hurt , he’s gotta be a guy we can’t pass on.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.