Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

I’m going with the over. I project 5.5 sacks for Vita this year.

• TBChucky

Participant

I was thinking 5.

• Nobody

Participant

I’m the utter worst when it comes to predictions so it will probably turn out to be the opposite of what I say here.

But I’m going to go with under at 3.5, but a heavy dose of Pressures with over a game…lets go with 36 Pressures. His ability to dominate the point of attack (whether he plays 0, 1, 3, or 5), and his ability to get pressure despite mostly doubles is going to make an impact well beyond tangible statistics.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Under

• acacius

Participant

I think he’ll have a very nice rookie season, but I’m taking the under here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d say under as well, but he will have a big impact that doesn’t show up in the sacks department. I think the guys that play on either side of him are going to have a field day though.

• jerseybucsfan

Participant

Under but JPP could get 10.

• Nobody

Participant

As a quick aside, I just want to remind how much more important consistently significant pass rush is.

The Eagles pass rush last year was utterly relentless on a snap for snap basis. Who was possibly the most effective pass rusher in the entire league last year?

The Eagles Brandon Graham.

He didn’t even manage double digit Sacks; 9.5 Sacks.

What he did do was lead the league in Pressures with 60(!) and Hurries with 40! These numbers while being on a team that HEAVILY rotated so guys were seeing somewhere around 65-75% of total snaps.

That is what this team is looking for this year; to emulate the 2017 Eagles, with fresh guys attacking the QB and consistent pressure.

Vea should be able to generate that despite a lower Sack total.

• Cerious

Participant

Thank Nobody. I had a similar point. Vea is going to rotate a bunch with Beau Allen and McCoy probably Unrein too. JPP probably has the best chance of getting double digit sacks this year but if Spence is healthy I think the team would like to keep JPPs snap count under control so that we can have him play out his contract.

Regardless of sack totals, consistent pressure is going to make us successful.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

He’s not overpowering many NFL OLinemen. He probably wont have any sacks his first year (and I won’t care one iota), but will be proficient at stopping the run. Here’s the kicker. I do think we can expect double digit sack out of McCoy because of his presence.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

I couldn’t care less about how many sack he has. Just stop the run. He can chip in on the pass rush stuff, and that’s great… but stop. the. run.

• acacius

Participant

I care about how he performs in the pass game as well, but more in a “suck up blockers/push the pocket” sense than individual sack numbers.

• Detrimental

Participant

I think he shocks people and has a strong season in regards to sack numbers. I can see him getting 8 sacks mostly due to the fact McCoy and JPP are going to draw the most attention. And Vea probably won’t be game planned for until mid season once teams get the film on how we use him. I see him coming into the season strong maybe like 5-6 sacks the first 10 games then last 6 weeke only end with 2-3 more.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Definitely the under.

• blind melon

Participant

As an individual about 5… but that’s tough to guess.

The new DLine scheme/approach will change based on the legitimate talent in the front four and dline coach (which I have very high hopes for Buck.)

I’m hoping to almost double (40) that number (22) from last year – Over/Under?

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

I’d take the under on that number as well. But, I’d be willing to bet we’d be in the Top 7-10 in pressures.

• Nobody

Participant

If we’re top 7 in Pressures and Jameis has a 2016-like year (or better) on 2nd and 3rd down then we’ll win 10 games. Sign me the hell up.

• Redrum

Participant

I’d say under. He’s going going yo have a tough time beating McCoy and JPP to the Qb and I doubt he plays many obvious passing situations.

• notabucsfan

Participant

Under. Even in his prime he will struggle getting more than 4 sacks a season. For instance Ngata who people compare him to only had over 4 sacks three times and his highest being 5.5.

• nitey

Participant

Have to go with the under as well. I think Vea will have an impact on the team this year and will play the run well and increase pressures up the middle, but I think his presence will help the sack totals of others more than himself.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

I’m going for the under for Vea, but I’ll take the over on team sacks at 40.

If he draws double teams that will free up rushing lanes for all defenders and we should see much more exotic blitz packages and sacks as a result.

It’s the Lotuleilei effect. Carolina’s sack totals jumped a year after Greg Hardy and his double digit sacks left. They didnt have one player who could replace Hardy, they used the entire defense to get sacks instead.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am going to say 2.5.

But McCoy and JPP will both crack 10 apiece.

And the Bucs will have the second best run stopping team in the league.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Under

• wolfet

Participant

Having serviceable DEs is going to help alot. With curry and jpp bringing edge pressure it is going to be difficult for a QB to step up. So I’m going with the over here

• bucboi813

Participant

Vea will have ten sacks he won’t see a double team and he’s not nagata idk why people come late them the man. Played rb at 3oo plus pounds I agree with the 40 sacks as a team tho at minimum if this thing comes together we should be a wildcard go Bucs

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.