Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

The bystander in the Las Vegas Walmart:"After the Millers shot the officers, they fled to a Walmart where Jerad Miller allegedly fired one round and told everyone to get out.Wilcox, who was in the store and who was carrying a concealed weapon, moved to confront the shooter. But he didn't realize Jerad Miller was not alone.Authorities say Amanda Miller shot Wilcox, killing him."Joseph died attempting to protect others. His death is completely senseless," Sheriff Gillespie told reporters.Wilcox's sister, CJ Foster, said her brother was pro-gun and believed guns don't kill people -- people kill people""He did a very brave thing and I'm very proud of him. I'm proud to call him my brother," she said.Jeremy Tanner, a friend, was with Wilcox at the Walmart before the shooting started."Joseph had the option to go left and exit the store to safety, but he instead went into the store and chased after the gunman," he told CNN. "I wanted to tell him: 'Don't do this. Come with me.' But I also felt that he's possibly going to be saving some lives."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sad story. Guy was trying to save others.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yep, awful

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s ashame he was outnumbered…

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Yeah, if there had been more like him things would have been different.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I highly recommend that anyone who has a CWP attend a tactical weapons course. Definitely worth the money.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, if there had been more like him things would have been different.

I just figured if he was a WalMart shopper, he probably didn't have enough ammo to go against two nutjobs...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

jerad10n-1-web.jpgthe Las Vegas killer at the Bundy standoff

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

jerad10n-1-web.jpgthe Las Vegas killer at the Bundy standoff

...before they kicked him out for being a nutjob...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=381 height=400]http://images.dailykos.com/images/88168/large/miller14_.jpg?1402332620[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting to watch this event tie into Open Carry.  There is a report that the two killers traveled 4 miles with a shopping cart loaded with guns and no one thought that alarming.  Wackjob organizations like Daily Kos are linking that to the Open Carry movement:"All right, I've got some questions on the Bundy-standoff patriots who went on to kill two law enforcement officers and an armed passerby in Las Vegas last weekend. Or rather America should have some questions, because if America doesn't have questions about this than America has gone even more nuts than any of us could have expected.... a neighbor who saw them set off on foot Sunday morning with a red shopping cart carrying weapons and ammunition was not alarmed enough to call police. "I thought they were talking out of their neck," Kelly Fielder told NBC Los Angeles.A question: How is it that a pair of people can walk down the street with a shopping cart full of guns and ammunition and that is considered not a sufficiently noteworthy or alarming thing? We can perhaps chalk up the initial non-reaction of neighbor Kelly Fielder to her apparent status of potential crackpot herself—she had accompanied the Millers to the Bundy standoff, in April, and so would seem to harbor similar anti-government sentiments or at least be a generally miserable judge of character—but then there's also this:Police believe the couple walked the four miles to CiCi's Pizza, where Officers Alyn Beck, 42, and Igor Soldo, 32, were having lunch in a booth.... meaning that the nice pair of alarming-looking meth addicts walked for four miles through Las Vegas neighborhoods with a shopping cart of guns and ammunition and apparently attracted no notice or alarm from residents or passersby during the entire trip. They didn't even attract attention upon entering a shopping center, not until the moment they shot two law enforcement officers having lunch. That would seem in fact to be the reaction that the various gun groups demand of us: that heavily armed individuals wandering through heavily populated places should be considered normal, and that the police ought not be able to do a thing about it until after the trigger is pulled."

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

https://explorable.com/bystander-apathy-experimentProbably just something firearm manufacterers cooked up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://explorable.com/bystander-apathy-experimentProbably just something firearm manufacterers [sic] cooked up.

you're talking psychology; my comment was about politics:

Wackjob organizations like Daily Kos are linking that to the Open Carry movement:

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting to watch this event tie into Open Carry.  There is a report that the two killers traveled 4 miles with a shopping cart loaded with guns and no one thought that alarming.  Wackjob organizations like Daily Kos are linking that to the Open Carry movement:"All right, I've got some questions on the Bundy-standoff patriots who went on to kill two law enforcement officers and an armed passerby in Las Vegas last weekend. Or rather America should have some questions, because if America doesn't have questions about this than America has gone even more nuts than any of us could have expected.... a neighbor who saw them set off on foot Sunday morning with a red shopping cart carrying weapons and ammunition was not alarmed enough to call police. "I thought they were talking out of their neck," Kelly Fielder told NBC Los Angeles.A question: How is it that a pair of people can walk down the street with a shopping cart full of guns and ammunition and that is considered not a sufficiently noteworthy or alarming thing? We can perhaps chalk up the initial non-reaction of neighbor Kelly Fielder to her apparent status of potential crackpot herself—she had accompanied the Millers to the Bundy standoff, in April, and so would seem to harbor similar anti-government sentiments or at least be a generally miserable judge of character—but then there's also this:Police believe the couple walked the four miles to CiCi's Pizza, where Officers Alyn Beck, 42, and Igor Soldo, 32, were having lunch in a booth.... meaning that the nice pair of alarming-looking meth addicts walked for four miles through Las Vegas neighborhoods with a shopping cart of guns and ammunition and apparently attracted no notice or alarm from residents or passersby during the entire trip. They didn't even attract attention upon entering a shopping center, not until the moment they shot two law enforcement officers having lunch. That would seem in fact to be the reaction that the various gun groups demand of us: that heavily armed individuals wandering through heavily populated places should be considered normal, and that the police ought not be able to do a thing about it until after the trigger is pulled."

I always wondered if everyone was armed and then people engaged how could you tell the good guys from the bad guys?

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

I was bringing to light that their viewpoint, which you chose to present here, is little more than blatant rhetoric.The fact that no one did anything can be explained by psychology, and has nothing to do with any gun groups. Kitty Genovese’s attacker had no firearm, yet no one did anything. There are many, many similar incidences.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was bringing to light that their viewpoint, which you chose to present here, is little more than blatant rhetoric.The fact that no one did anything can be explained by psychology, and has nothing to do with any gun groups.

huh?

Wackjob organizations like Daily Kos are linking that to the Open Carry movement:

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone explain to me how I would be able to tell the difference between Jared Miller and Joseph WIlcox in the Walmart if they started firing at each other?

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Being the unarmed observer of a gun battle, it’s best to take cover at the time and sort out who you’re going to cheer for later.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Being the unarmed observer of a gun battle, it's best to take cover at the time and sort out who you're going to cheer for later.

the unarmed observer of the Seattle school shooting jumped the guy when he was reloading.  The same happened with Gabby Gifford's shooting where, I think, four unarmed people grabbed Loughner as he attempted to reload.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

They seem to have had the advantage of understanding who was who.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They seem to have had the advantage of understanding who was who.

I think that was Anomaly's point

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Being the unarmed observer of a gun battle, it's best to take cover at the time and sort out who you're going to cheer for later.

No...I am armed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone explain to me how I would be able to tell the difference between Jared Miller and Joseph WIlcox in the Walmart if they started firing at each other?

This is why I feel that all CWP holders should be required to attend a tactical weapons course.

Please wait…

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.