Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJack55

Participant

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/one-buc-and-his-wife-keep-faith-in-dire-decision/2239560

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

there is nothing worse than this!!Kudos to them for going thru with it......i'd terminate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And just like that, football is truly trivial.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reality of the human condition sometimes hits; we’re not that scientific/technologically advanced species . . . yet!My mom for some strange reason likes to point out that she had 'miscarriages' before I was born.  Back in Roman days, they used to put miscarriages out on a hill to let the wolves have them. Of course, when you get a sonogram that tells you your child has no head . . . I'm sure that's a bit disturbing!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course, when you get a sonogram that tells you your child has no head . . . I'm sure that's a bit disturbing!

I can't fathom following thru with the pregnancy knowing that!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, heartfelt sadness over hearing this. Like Hate, I’d probably want to terminate. I don’t think I could bear to look at my child under these conditions. I’d be a puddle for years. Good luck Evan and Olivia, I wish you both strength when you need it the most.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Wow this is sad and also it’s beautiful to see their faith and relationship together. That’s pretty inspirational.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

there is nothing worse than this!!Kudos to them for going thru with it......i'd terminate.

I don't know if kudos is the right word.... I mean they won't be the ones going through childhood and adolescence with a deformed head/face. I wouldn't put my child though that, not in a million years. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know if kudos is the right word.... I mean they won't be the ones going through childhood and adolescence with a deformed head/face. I wouldn't put my child though that, not in a million years.

I agree, kudos isn't the correct word. I commend them for having the strength to deal with this. I'd struggle.....and like you wouldn't want my child to have to deal with that. Might be selfish but it is what it is.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Based on the linked story I am glad to see they’re getting support from others who have dealt with same and similar situations.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am no expert but what I took from the story was they wanted to give their baby as much life as possible. From what little I understand, the baby might not make it to delivery and even those babies delivered often (not always) pass within hours. I think only a small percentage live much beyond birth because the child has almost no brain function. Certainly could be wrong

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is very sad news. I hope they can deal with the massive amount of stress this will put them through. It is really good that they have their faith to help.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn thats tough… that’s strong of them because personally I wouldn’t put my child or myself thru that. I’ll be a bowl of mush for years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ignorance

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ignorance

Obviously, TampaBucks05 doesn't get it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn’t get what?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn't get what?

I'd like to know the answer to that myself.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Years ago, I was a cohabitant with an ultrasound technician.  She’d run across this kind of thing on occasion.  It took it’s toll on her just being the one to discover the problem.The possibility of research and/or organ donation offers some hope beyond the sadness.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn't get what?

his statement was ignorant, hes got no idea what hes talking about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t have any idea what my wife and I would do in their position.  I don’t honestly want to spend another minute thinking about it.  That is so tough, I would not want to be critical of parents going either way.  My prayers are with Evan, Olivia, and their son. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't have any idea what my wife and I would do in their position.  I don't honestly want to spend another minute thinking about it.  That is so tough, I would not want to be critical of parents going either way.  My prayers are with Evan, Olivia, and their son.

...and Evan is trying to make a football team with this going on...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't have any idea what my wife and I would do in their position.  I don't honestly want to spend another minute thinking about it.  That is so tough, I would not want to be critical of parents going either way.  My prayers are with Evan, Olivia, and their son.

...and Evan is trying to make a football team with this going on...

Yep, hope he does

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn't get what?

his statement was ignorant, hes got no idea what hes talking about.

because he doesn't want to have to deal with the trials of having a deformed child? I guess i don't know what i'm talkin about either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Prayers to Evan, Olivia, and the baby. I believe in the power of prayer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

because he doesn't want to have to deal with the trials of having a deformed child? I guess i don't know what i'm talkin about either.

no child with that condition has ever lived past 3, much less childhood and adolescence.  there are plenty of reasons to terminate, and plenty of reasons to try to keep the child for as long as possible.  but his are ignorant. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, it was ignorant.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As do I...So do Evan and Olivia

"Who are we to determine the child's life? We decided to leave it in God's hands,"

Prayers for this young family

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What an emotionally devastating situation.  I hope this story has a much more positive ending.  Amazing emotional strength shown by the Rodriguez's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is truly a sad story.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Who are we to determine the child's life? We decided to leave it in God's hands,"

MarineBuc, my prayers are also always with those who serve our country and those who protect us. Thank you for your service.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that only one in 4,859 babies is born with anencephaly, which happens early in development when the neural tube does not close completely. As a result, key parts of the brain are not formed, and other parts of the brain are not covered by bone or skin.Nearly all babies with anencephaly die shortly after birth.They will never raise their child, what the child looks like means little, as the baby will live only a short time at most a few hours. What is anencephaly Anencephaly is a congenital birth defect (from the Latin congenitus, “born with”). It begins to develop right at the start of life in the womb. The word anencephaly means “without an encephalon”, the encephalon being the set of nervous center contained in the brain. This is not an entirely accurate definition: whilst a child with anencephaly is indeed born without a scalp, without a vault of the cranium, without meninges, without either brain hemisphere and without a cerebellum, the child is nevertheless usually born with part of its cerebral trunk, brainstem (Müller 1991). Infants with anencephaly may still have small foci of histologically normal cerebral cortex (Stumpf et al 1990) Almost 75% of babies with anencephaly born at term survive their birth. The life expectancy of those who survive is only a few hours or days (Jaquier 2006). Approximately 20 percent of affected infants have additional congenital anomalies (Botto 1999). Horrible! feel for this young couple and will say a prayer for them. Football is secondary. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MarineBuc, my prayers are also always with those who serve our country and those who protect us. Thank you for your service.

Thank you very much.My prayers are always with the men and women who serve our country.

Please wait…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.