Saints Asst. GM slaps Buccs’ coaching staffs in the face

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    JC5100
    Participant

Got alot of shit for it at the time but Winston wasn’t ready to play and the Bucs had a viable option in Glennon. I think the Bucs do own some of the responsibility of Winston failing. He came out of the gate throwing INTs.

+2
    Rating: -10. From 14 votes.
    Please wait...

DonkeyHunter
    Participant

Got alot of shit for it at the time but Winston wasn’t ready to play and the Bucs had a viable option in Glennon. I think the Bucs do own some of the responsibility of Winston failing. He came out of the gate throwing INTs.

+2
    Please wait...

You also said the Texans would kill him and end his season. Ironically enough, Winston goes on to the Pro Bowl as a rook.

You were simply posturing in reference to your “play Glennon to raise his trade stock”.

+4
    Rating: +4. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    X
    Participant

You’re a douche. Plain and simple.

Nah, I have my father to blame for me being a Buccaneers fan. No one else.

+6
    Rating: -9. From 21 votes.
    Please wait...

+7
    Rating: +5. From 9 votes.
    Please wait...
    TBayXXXVII
    Participant

+2
    Please wait...

You also said the Texans would kill him and end his season. Ironically enough, Winston goes on to the Pro Bowl as a rook.

You were simply posturing in reference to your “play Glennon to raise his trade stock”.

+4
    Please wait...

Not saying anything about his comments in the past, but I think he’s probably right on this one. Even a blind squirrel, right?

+1
    Rating: -1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

+6
    Please wait...

+7
    Please wait...

Hilarious. So, anonymous fan board poster, you think if we met you would have such disdain for me? Such emotions.

+3
    Rating: 0. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...
    atlbuc
    Participant

“….“Jameis Winston will learn more football in a year than he has in his lifetime.”

He failed to mention what aspect of “football” Jaboo will learn. I mean 1)Holding a clipboard correctly while watching a HOF caliber player play 2)Keeping the bench warm for the HOF player when that player is on the field 3)Tackling – taking correct angles when tackling the player returning your INT, etc. all can be considered “learning football”.

+16
    Rating: +16. From 16 votes.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

“….“Jameis Winston will learn more football in a year than he has in his lifetime.”

He failed to mention what aspect of “football” Jaboo will learn. I mean 1)Holding a clipboard correctly while watching a HOF caliber player play 2)Keeping the bench warm for the HOF player when that player is on the field 3)Tackling – taking correct angles when tackling the player returning your INT, etc. all can be considered “learning football”.

+16
    Rating: +16. From 16 votes.
    Please wait...

The biggest lies are the ones we tell ourselves. “Scott Frost is the man of for the job. He’s young, he’s white, and he loves to take his team on long hikes for bonding, this is going to be a slam dunk….”

+2
    Rating: -2. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...
    buc_boi
    Participant

The words ‘Jameis Winston’ and ‘Learn’ are funny to me, dude spent the last 5 seasons ignoring his coaches… oh but NOW he’s ready to learn?…

Guess Sean is also learning (the hard way) Winston is really good at telling people what he THINKS they want to hear, it’s a con man tactic.

+7
    Rating: +7. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...
    Hockey Duckie
    Participant

hahahahhahahahahhaha

Remember when Arians was the QB whisperer and that Koetter didn’t know what he was doing? And now it’s being said again by the Saints assistant? hahahha

It took Koetter three and a half years to get through to Winston, but every coach after Koetter thinks they can easily fix Winston.

2018 Winston, Before Benching

Games: 4
      Comp Pct: 64.9%
      Yards per game: 295.25 yds
      TDs: 6 (1.5 per game)
      INTs: 10 (2.5 per game)
      Sacks: 13 (2.5 per game)

2018 Winston, After Benching

Games: 7
      Comp Pct: 64.3%
      Yards per game: 258.29 yds
      TDs: 13 (1.86 per game)
      INTs: 4 (0.57 per game)
      Sacks: 14 (2.00 per game)

Koetter finally made huge strides on Winston after Winston was finally benched in his whole life.

2019 Winston, with QB Whisperer “No Risk it, No Biscuit”

Games: 16
      Comp Pct: 60.7%
      Yards per game: 319.31 yds
      TDs: 33 (2.06 per game)
      INTs: 30 (1.87 per game)
      Sacks: 47 (2.93 per game)

Going “No Risk It, No Biscuit” mentality unleashed the true Winston as opposed to the disciplined Winston that Koetter had been trying to get through to Winston’s head for the past three and a half years.

Winston already knows a lot about football. He’s got a great “board mind”, but his Winston’s proclivity is playing “hero ball on every play”. So no, Winston won’t learn a lot of football as he’s already been in the NFL for five years and has played for three different OC’s (Koetter, Monken, and Leftwich). The only thing Winston needs to learn is maturity.

Yet, seeing Winston tweets and reading reports about what he’s said reveals he still doesn’t have humility and still full of hubris. Winston cannot differentiate the difference between confidence and hubris. That’s why Winston can’t “take what the defense gives you” and “no risk it, no biscuit”.

Winston’s time here wasn’t great, but maybe getting let go and being a backup can give him scope, depth, and humility. I’m all for seeing great play in the NFL and if Winston can be a part of that in the future, then so be it. I wasn’t a Brady fan before he became a Buc, but I surely did respect and would be in awe of what he did for the Patriots organization. Same with Brees, Ryan, and sometimes Newton b/c I respect our opposition to know how we can (if we can) defend against them.

I just hope this board can stop bringing up Winston every week or twice a week. He’s no longer a Buc. He’s no longer a starter. Winston is no longer our problem. Let’s move on.

+10
    Rating: +10. From 10 votes.
    Please wait...
    RudeGuy
    Participant

+6
    Please wait...

+7
    Please wait...

Hilarious. So, anonymous fan board poster, you think if we met you would have such disdain for me? Such emotions.

+3
    Rating: 0. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...

Okay, this is not a dating site. You might have better luck on Tinder. 🙂

+4
    Rating: +3. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...
    garfield
    Participant

Like I said in another thread in regards to their fans, the Saints are by far my most disliked team in the division. Such arrogance from a franchise that, prior to 2005 was the second worst franchise in league history behind the Bucs. You got lucky that Drew Brees cane along after the hurricane and felt sorry for your community, but you’re still the Aints. Clowns.

+4
    Rating: +2. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...
    RudeGuy
    Participant

Message for Saints Asst GM:

Maybe you should talk to your GM about the cap if you want to be a teacher. You can’t figure out how to fit your new prize QB student within your cap and you are paying $4 million in 2020 for a QB who is the starting QB for the Panthers.

Btw, the Bucs have 84k in dead cap money for 2020 and the Saints have 6.2 million.

+5
    Rating: +4. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Participant

+2
    Please wait...

+4
    Please wait...

Not saying anything about his comments in the past, but I think he’s probably right on this one. Even a blind squirrel, right?

+1
    Please wait...

Sure. The Bucs share some blame. He’s right on that.

The context of my response was on point as well.

+1
    Please wait...
    Graham
    Participant

He’s probably right.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
    TBChucky
    Participant

Bulletin Board material for us.. I actually love it!

+8
    Rating: +6. From 10 votes.
    Please wait...

Look man, I don’t want to change your Jefferson High School view of life, I really hope it’s long and successful. But this isn’t some disney movie from the late 80’s. These are men who have jobs and are professionals, there is no such thing as bulletin board material in the NFL.

+3
    Rating: -23. From 29 votes.
    Please wait...

Nice try dipshit. Jefferson High? Please.. Ask your mom about me.. Loved her much longer than you have loved Jameis..

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.