Saints Asst. GM slaps Buccs’ coaching staffs in the face

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    TBayXXXVII
    Participant

Got alot of shit for it at the time but Winston wasn’t ready to play and the Bucs had a viable option in Glennon. I think the Bucs do own some of the responsibility of Winston failing. He came out of the gate throwing INTs.

+2
    Rating: -10. From 14 votes.
    Please wait...

You also said the Texans would kill him and end his season. Ironically enough, Winston goes on to the Pro Bowl as a rook.

You were simply posturing in reference to your “play Glennon to raise his trade stock”.

+4
    Rating: +4. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...

Not saying anything about his comments in the past, but I think he’s probably right on this one. Even a blind squirrel, right?

+1
    Rating: -1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

Sure. The Bucs share some blame. He’s right on that.

The context of my response was on point as well.

+1
    Rating: -1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

Not discounting that. I just think that in retrospect, starting Glennon in 2015 could not have yielded any worse results.

+3
    Rating: +3. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...
    Sedona
    Participant

“Jameis Winston will learn more football in a year than he has in his lifetime.”

How can this be? He already knows more than any coach, just ask him…or watch to see who does the “learning”.

+8
    Rating: +7. From 9 votes.
    Please wait...
    TBChucky
    Participant

You’re a douche. Plain and simple.

Nah, I have my father to blame for me being a Buccaneers fan. No one else.

+6
    Rating: -9. From 21 votes.
    Please wait...

+7
    Rating: +5. From 9 votes.
    Please wait...

Hilarious. So, anonymous fan board poster, you think if we met you would have such disdain for me? Such emotions.

+3
    Rating: 0. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...

Okay, this is not a dating site. You might have better luck on Tinder. 🙂

+4
    Rating: +3. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...

I have my doubts about that last statement.. lol..

+3
    Rating: +2. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    Greattimes
    Participant

If Winston were to play against the Bucs, he would probably be confused and think he is suppose to throw the ball to players in Bucs uniforms, only for the ball to end up in a player wearing Saints uniforms.

+6
    Rating: +5. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...
    RHBucsFan
    Participant

He won’t ever see the field. Such a hollow statement from the NO coaches.

+4
    Rating: +3. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...
    ktownbuc47
    Participant

I think he will learn a lot about being a QB. Sean P is a damn good offensive mind and he’s going to be learning from a future HOFer as well. Does that mean it will translate to his play on the field if he’s give a chance. I guess we’ll see.

+2
    Rating: +1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...
    Greattimes
    Participant

I think he will learn a lot about being a QB. Sean P is a damn good offensive mind and he’s going to be learning from a future HOFer as well. Does that mean it will translate to his play on the field if he’s give a chance. I guess we’ll see.

+2
    Please wait...

I think one of the really frustrated coaches was that Winston in the classroom and on the practice field had everything right, but once on the playing field he reverted back to his bad habits. Staring down receivers, not being able to find hi secondary receivers and not being able to identify opposing teams defenses schemes. Nothing is going to change that.

+3
    Rating: +1. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...
    Mic
    Participant

Looks like a bitter rivalry is brewing down here in the south. Gonna be like those brutal 9ers Hawks game with harbaugh carroll. Sounds fun

+3
    Rating: +2. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    Diehard Astheycome
    Participant

Well it has ZERO to do with coaching.
    Fitzpatrick put the best 3 game stretch by any QB in NFL history to start 2018. The system , could however end up the issue. Arians is a 2x coach if the year plus we had Tom Moore. What it all comes down to is PLAYBOOK.. I’ve said for 3 yrs Brees has no arm and their offense is a short passing , underneath scheme getting it to Kamara and Thomas who uses his size n push off ability ( second of all time behind M. Irvin). They do not incorporate very much vertical or deep downfield plays.
    So if Jameis HAS to keep it short and doesn’t have any routes to try and be Superman and the play is a 12 yrd slant to Thomas. Sort of what he did initially when our WRs got hurt. As well as Dec in 2018’. It may come off as efficient and coaching could get credit. Bridgewater came in and did fine and put up solid numbers and was not airing it out 30-40 yrds downfield. Payton system can generate numbers off of short passing attack. Winston usually played efficiently when stuck to that, problem is he always wanted to go big or go home.

+4
    Rating: +4. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    Bucko40
    Participant

The Saints will figure it out quickly enough. Winston has how many coaching staffs to learn from? The Saints are miraculously going to fix a player that can’t read defenses and hold the ball far to long. Good Luck with that New Orleans.

+2
    Please wait...
    Hockey Duckie
    Participant

The Saints will figure it out quickly enough. Winston has how many coaching staffs to learn from? The Saints are miraculously going to fix a player that can’t read defenses and hold the ball far to long. Good Luck with that New Orleans.

+2
    Please wait...

It’s worse than that. Winston can read defenses, but his hubris says he can still beat it. That’s the significant problem. Rather than adhere to “take what the defense gives you“, Winston loves the “no risk it, no biscuit” mindset as it’s an extension of hero ball.

Again, Koetter proved Winston can be risked averse (took him 3 1/2 years and benching Winston). It’s all in maturity and humility for Winston.

I recall Kurt Warner telling Winston at Winston’s NFL draft combine, paraphrasing, “You don’t have to always zip it into the receiver. The object is to get it to the receiver so he can catch it.” And then Warner added context for Winston, “Do you know how many times I threw it my hardest with the Rams? Zero times.”

A former QB with all the uber traits of a QB, but lacking maturity was Ryan Leaf. Leaf was the 2nd overall pick in 1998, behind Peyton Manning. He simply couldn’t take what was there. Even when HC Jon Gruden tried to revive his career in Tampa, Leaf went big again with Dallas despite Gruden letting Leaf know he wasn’t ready yet.

Both Leaf and Winston have so much talent, but if they don’t know how to use it effectively, then that talent is truly wasted.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    BP1
    Participant

Message for Saints Asst GM:

Maybe you should talk to your GM about the cap if you want to be a teacher. You can’t figure out how to fit your new prize QB student within your cap and you are paying $4 million in 2020 for a QB who is the starting QB for the Panthers.

Btw, the Bucs have 84k in dead cap money for 2020 and the Saints have 6.2 million.

+5
    Rating: +4. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...

I know, right? Let’s see how many players have to be released so Jameis can get paid. Saints Assistant GM: “Hello Jameis…We can’t sign you because Teddy has your money”. 😮

+2
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Bulletin Board material for us.. I actually love it!

+8
    Rating: +6. From 10 votes.
    Please wait...

Look man, I don’t want to change your Jefferson High School view of life, I really hope it’s long and successful. But this isn’t some disney movie from the late 80’s. These are men who have jobs and are professionals, there is no such thing as bulletin board material in the NFL.

+3
    Rating: -23. From 29 votes.
    Please wait...

Nice try dipshit. Jefferson High? Please.. Ask your mom about me.. Loved her much longer than you have loved Jameis..

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

So……..you think there is bulletin board material that gets NFL players motivated…..Man, you are a new breed of idiot. Let me guess, the world is flat, and the Jews are behind Covid-19. Dear God, please send this man an ounce of sense, and a sturdy backbone.

+1
    Rating: -5. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...
    harrybucman
    Participant

If knowing some roaring young pup is striving to take that big check you get on Tuesdays aint motivation enough to push you to give your very best, your career is going to be very short. Professional= plays for money

Rating: -4. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    Mr. Shankley
    Participant

his comment was about Brees?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.