Saints Asst. GM slaps Buccs’ coaching staffs in the face

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Tunnelvizn
    Participant

So, if the Saints thought that Winston was all that and a bucket of crayfish, why did they wait til after the draft to sign him ?

+3
    Rating: +3. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

X
    Participant

He will hand the ball off well during blowouts.

+4
    Rating: +3. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...
    The Freeman
    Participant

+1
    Rating: -1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...
    X
    Participant

God no.

+1
    Rating: -1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    Hockey Duckie
    Participant

Tramon Williams is a nice backup option, but with what current cap space?

Salary Cap: $204 mil (According to Sportrac)

Current cap space: $210.8 mil (excludes draft pool and dead money)
    Dead Money: $0.088 mil
    Draft pool: $7.7 mil

Total cap space: $218.58 mil

We’re over $14.5 mil. If we only count the top-51 contract (excluding draftees), the cap space is $200 mil. We need to cut about $5 mil to be under the cap, but more if we want to sign some veterans. Adding Gronk’s $10 mil salary really put a hamper on our cap space allowances.

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    X
    Participant

Is he really a nice backup? He is a 37 year old cornerback. He has zero twitch left. He is washed up.

Tramon Williams is a nice backup option, but with what current cap space?

Salary Cap: $204 mil (According to Sportrac)

Current cap space: $210.8 mil (excludes draft pool and dead money)
    Dead Money: $0.088 mil
    Draft pool: $7.7 mil

Total cap space: $218.58 mil

We’re over $14.5 mil. If we only count the top-51 contract (excluding draftees), the cap space is $200 mil. We need to cut about $5 mil to be under the cap, but more if we want to sign some veterans. Adding Gronk’s $10 mil salary really put a hamper on our cap space allowances.

+1
    Please wait...

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
    Team Pteranodon
    Participant

An incorrect Bucs abbreviation in both name and thread title….it’s cool I guess….or it isn’t!

+2
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s already sinking in with our front office, what a dumb move this is.

Couldn’t Licht google Brady’s age prior to the decision? Clearly he had Brady’s 2019 last 7 game stats to pour over. The Bucs are going to Buc. Solid work.

Rating: -8. From 8 votes.
    Please wait...
    X
    Participant

BUCCaneers is how it is spelled. If he wanted to make a case he could say it isn’t abbreviated properly by your standard.

As far as Jameis signing with the Saints? He is there to spell Brees more often in games that are blowouts and have no playoff implications. It is an expensive tutoring he is receiving, Brees and Jameis are good friends, Winston is a fairly cerebral QB in regards to information, so if he stays their course, he may be able to pick up an amazing amount of information (even though he has already had some great coaching). He may become smarter in terms of knowledge, but once the game starts, he will become spazzy McGee and he will be a less than winning QB who runs very hot or very cold.

An incorrect Bucs abbreviation in both name and thread title….it’s cool I guess….or it isn’t!

+2
    Please wait...

+2
    Rating: 0. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    DCGoth
    Participant

information that avails your franchise to be tenuous and weak

No real opinion about the intention of the message; however, “tenuous” is synonymous to “weak”, so you added nothing to your basic premise of the statement and was just blatantly redundant. Should you wish to be pedantic you may want to peek in a dictionary first. 🙂

+5
    Rating: +5. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...

I'd rather have a beer bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy.

X
    Participant

Good one!

information that avails your franchise to be tenuous and weak

No real opinion about the intention of the message; however, “tenuous” is synonymous to “weak”, so you added nothing to your basic premise of the statement and was just blatantly redundant. Should you wish to be pedantic you may want to peek in a dictionary first. 🙂

+5
    Rating: +5. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...

+2
    Please wait...
    TBChucky
    Participant

So, if the Saints thought that Winston was all that and a bucket of crayfish, why did they wait til after the draft to sign him ?

+3
    Rating: +3. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

Because now we miss the deadline for a comp pick.. not that it would’ve been much anyway..

+1
    Please wait...
    TBChucky
    Participant

Bulletin Board material for us.. I actually love it!

+8
    Rating: +6. From 10 votes.
    Please wait...

Look man, I don’t want to change your Jefferson High School view of life, I really hope it’s long and successful. But this isn’t some disney movie from the late 80’s. These are men who have jobs and are professionals, there is no such thing as bulletin board material in the NFL.

+3
    Rating: -23. From 29 votes.
    Please wait...

Nice try dipshit. Jefferson High? Please.. Ask your mom about me.. Loved her much longer than you have loved Jameis..

+1
    Please wait...

So……..you think there is bulletin board material that gets NFL players motivated…..Man, you are a new breed of idiot. Let me guess, the world is flat, and the Jews are behind Covid-19. Dear God, please send this man an ounce of sense, and a sturdy backbone.

+1
    Rating: -5. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...

It’s sad my kids can see Jameis’ flaws, but you can’t.. Bless your heart..

+1
    Please wait...
Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.