Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

On FOX

KC game is the other game that day

• Mic

Participant

Let’s retire Brees with a loss

• TBChucky

Participant

Let’s give them some overdue payback! Can’t stand that piece of shit trash talking team! GO BUCS!!

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

This is our SB… there’s no possible way we lose to these clowns 3 times in a single year… the hell with the Aints I’m sick of that team… go Bucs!!!!!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Not expecting to lose by 35 but not expecting to win either, unfortunately.

I hope we do tho!

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Very fitting that the season comes down to this matchup to advance in the playoffs. Love that get another shot at them. I throw out the first game because it was the first game with no practice and all that. But that second blowout at home on prime time left a mark. Bucs can definitely win but have to play their best game to do it. No love lost at all between these two and would love to send the Saints home and shut them up.

• Nobody

Participant

Checklist:

1) Run a lot of 6 and 7 man protections.

2) Stay away from Off Zone as much as you can (particularly on early downs). 2 Man Under + 1 Man Free predominantly and then sprinkle in some Match Quarters/2 Read and 2 Zone Trap w/ Overload Blitz. LVD has been great against Kamara the last 2 years in Coverage. 23 yards given up on 5 receptions in 4 games and a ton of snaps. Davis has dominated Thomas when we’ve been in Man the last 2 years.

2 Man Under and you’ve got Safety support over top w/ coverage players playing trail (and those Safeties can be aggressive because Brees just doesn’t threaten deep anymore).

1 Man Free and you can have a floating Zone defender wherever you want to help. If you want to bracket Kamara, great, do that? Edwards or White in that role. Or put White Man on Kamara with Green Dog rules and have LVD playing that floating Zone to help White bracket Kamara if he comes out. Or, better yet, have Edwards play there (Edwards has great ball instincts…he and AWJ have the best chance of taking one away from Brees in a Robber role).

3) Keep White out of Coverage as much as possible and keep him attacking the line of scrimmage. Give me what Bowles did w/ ILB Demario Davis in year 1 Jets vs the Titans. 24 Pass Rush Snaps and only 16 Coverage Snaps. ATTACK. MAKE A MESS OF THE BACKFIELD. MOVE BREES OFF THE SPOT OR PUNISH HIM FOR REFUSING TO.

4) Throw the football on 1st down (preferably quick play-action and Over routes or attack the boundary on Arrows and Slide routes under Rubs/Verts.

5) 25-33 % Play-Action in terms of total attempts.

6) Get Brown at least 2 Smoke Screens.

7) Run off Marpet/Smith/Gronk (Strong Left) at Hendrickson.

8) Don’t take shots on 2nd and 2. Run the football and stay away from 3rd.

9) 3rd and 2 is a running down!

10) Get Edwards on the field as much as possible (Edwards/Whitehead/AWJ together).

====================

Off Zone is just doing an enormous favor for Brees. It makes no sense against this team (a) for our personnel and (b) given how much success our personnel has had against these guys in Man. Brees can still feast on Zone, but Man with physical defenders who disrupt route timing and stay attached? That and any kind of pressure up the middle is his kryptonite.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Checklist:

2) Stay away from Off Zone as much as you can (particularly on early downs). 2 Man Under + 1 Man Free predominantly and then sprinkle in some Match Quarters/2 Read and 2 Zone Trap w/ Overload Blitz. LVD has been great against Kamara the last 2 years in Coverage. 23 yards given up on 5 receptions in 4 games and a ton of snaps. Davis has dominated Thomas when we’ve been in Man the last 2 years.

2 Man Under and you’ve got Safety support over top w/ coverage players playing trail (and those Safeties can be aggressive because Brees just doesn’t threaten deep anymore).

1 Man Free and you can have a floating Zone defender wherever you want to help. If you want to bracket Kamara, great, do that? Edwards or White in that role. Or put White Man on Kamara with Green Dog rules and have LVD playing that floating Zone to help White bracket Kamara if he comes out. Or, better yet, have Edwards play there (Edwards has great ball instincts…he and AWJ have the best chance of taking one away from Brees in a Robber role).

3) Keep White out of Coverage as much as possible and keep him attacking the line of scrimmage. Give me what Bowles did w/ ILB Demario Davis in year 1 Jets vs the Titans. 24 Pass Rush Snaps and only 16 Coverage Snaps. ATTACK. MAKE A MESS OF THE BACKFIELD. MOVE BREES OFF THE SPOT OR PUNISH HIM FOR REFUSING TO.

4) Throw the football on 1st down (preferably quick play-action and Over routes or attack the boundary on Arrows and Slide routes under Rubs/Verts.

10) Get Edwards on the field as much as possible (Edwards/Whitehead/AWJ together).

====================

Off Zone is just doing an enormous favor for Brees. It makes no sense against this team (a) for our personnel and (b) given how much success our personnel has had against these guys in Man. Brees can still feast on Zone, but Man with physical defenders who disrupt route timing and stay attached? That and any kind of pressure up the middle is his kryptonite.

All that 100%.

Hendrickson may not play.

Would be a bigger loss then cappa even imho.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I can die happy if we beat them

Please lord baby Jesus

• buc_boi

Participant

I can die happy if we beat them

Please lord baby Jesus

This

I know to be careful for what I wish for, but I’ve wanted another piece of them since our 35 point loss.

Can’t just go out like that against Peyton/Brees era saints.

This could very well be our super bowl.

Can’t wait

• Mic

Participant

6/7 man protections is the only thing im iffy that will work their corners have our receivers clamped. Imo the best shot we have is we go fitzmagic and run those gos when they press and Mike or scotty beats em off the press. Also their corners really love inside leverage I know we can get em on double moves like the out and up.

• mdarby215

Participant

Nice checklist. However, your forgot our best chance. I’ll call it #11 on the checklist:

11.). Hope that Brees, Kamara and the defensive line test positive for COVID this week.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Great Post @Nobody

I especially like #3! Anything that punishes Brees. Maybe we should run one of those “take the coach out on the sideline” plays and punish Payton as well.

• m_j

Participant

hell yeah, would be great to retire brees in the superdonme

and that game is played at superbowl kickoff time, sunday 6:40! let‘s hope TB does what he normally does in such a game

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by m_j.

• m_j

Participant

Nice checklist. However, your forgot our best chance. I’ll call it #11 on the checklist:

11.). Hope that Brees, Kamara and the defensive line test positive for COVID this week.

yepp, bring on jameis! :-)

• buc-in-out

Participant

Watching Ramchyzek dominate Khalil Mack yesterday was impressive, I don’t see how we will get to Brees without bring pressure most of the time.

If ever there was a game we needed Devin White, it’s against the Saints. He should be blitzing 50% of his snaps next week.

For the love of god enough with the off coverage, all Brees wants to do is stay in 2nd and 3rd and short… he’s not interested in deep shots anymore. He’s the Tom Brady of 2 years ago. If we keep playing the soft zone coverages he’ll dink and dunk his way down the field all game long.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

yepp, bring on jameis! :-)

Taysom*

Jameis is 3rd string.

• m_j

Participant

it is probably going to be aikman on FOX …. hate it!

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Checklist:

====================

ALL OF THIS!

But, ESPECIALLY numbers 2 and 3 on your list.

Take away White’s liabilities in coverage and play to his obvious strengths. Get creative in blitz schemes and get Devin in Brees face. Make him uncomfortable and let White put him on his ass early and often.

Play to Davis and Dean’s strengths in press man.

You combine White blitzing with CD3 and Dean playing Thomas and Sanders on the line, Brees will get rattled.

For f*cks sake, Bowles…you’ve had 2 cracks at the Saints with your passive soft zone BS. We’ve seen how that works.

• Mic

Participant

Dare Brees to beat us deep if he paper cuts us with slants and curls im ok with that as long as the throw is in man and not soft zone. Make them earn the yards. Dline just has to keep an eye on the screens when we play man

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.