Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• TCB2W!

Participant

There are heavy rumors that Sam Darnold will not be a Jet soon. Nearly all mock drafts have the Jets pick a QB with the second overall pick. Will it make a difference with a new QB? Probably not with their current skill position players. Sam Darnold certainly has the arm for this vertical attack we use. If he is released, should we get him to start grooming his as Brady’s successor?

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

He does have a rocket arm and can make most throws. He’s a product of bad coaching (Gase was flat out awful), bad personnel decisions, and a bad O-Line.

I wouldn’t trade anything for him, but if the Jets release him, I would claim him off waivers. He’s still got a year left on his rookie deal which can be extended into a “prove it” deal that would be cap friendly for the Bucs if he doesn’t pan out.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

No chance he is released. He would have to be acquired via trade.

• SaskBucs

Participant

I think the Jets would be crazy to dump him right now. Gase is clearly awful. Miami was instantly better after him. Tannehill was instantly better after him. I can’t believe that guy was a head coach as long as he was.

The Jets will be better next year under Saleh, if I were them I would trade down, load up, sign a couple FAs and give Darnold one last look. If he sucks you are picking High again next year with a war chest of picks.

• Bucman

Participant

No. He’s bad and you can’t just blame Gase for that.

• SaskBucs

Participant

You are probably right about Darnold but you can still blame Gase for a lot. That guy sucks.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.