Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 reply threads

• Author

• Lynch47forHOF

Participant

Adam Schefter just reported on his Twitter feed that Sam Wyche has passed away. Sam was instrumental in drafting John Lynch, Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks.
      Remember his press conference: “Its a new day in Tampa Bay”.

RIP Sam!

Sam Wyche, the former Bengals and Bucs HC, died today from melanoma. He was 74. “Sam was a wonderful guy,” said Bengals’ president Mike Brown. “We not only liked him, we admired him as a man. He had a great generosity of spirit and lived his life trying to help others.”

• 3rd String Kicker

Horrible news. Rest well Sam, thank you for amazing memories and contributions to this team/city!

• BucWonder

Participant

Sam was a truly good man on and off the field. He brought Buc fans hope after the dark ages of Bennett, Perkins and Williamson. Sapp, Brooks and Lynch were drafted when he was here. He introduced Buc fans to something called offense. R.I.P.

• Mike

Participant

I remember those first two games in ’92 were a lot of fun.  Especially  that one against the packers, where Vinny only had like 3 incomplete passes the entire game.

RIP Coach.

• Redrum

Participant

Seemed like a really great guy and coach. Brought some of the best Bucs of all time to the team through the draft. RIP

• RudeGuy

Participant

I had high hopes when he was hired as HC. Fun times with Sam win or lose. I like to think he got the ball rolling with our Super Bowl defense. Great draft picks on the defensive side of the ball. God bless him and his family.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.