Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• Commish987

Participant

http://cbsloc.al/R25rh6

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of people told a lot of prospects a lot of things. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bills were prepared to trade up to the #1 pick to get Watkins. They were going to get him whatever the cost.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Honestly, I’d say Detroit or Tampa,” Watkins responding to where he thought he’d be playing in the NFL.When asked by Erik Kuselias if either team had indicated to him their plans to trade up, Watkins responded, “They actually told me they were going to trade up.”

I'm thinking he indicated Detroit, not both.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Any student of the Glazers worth their salt would know that they are big on disinformation leading up to the draft, which IMO is a very sound strategy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s better to have Evans, ASJ and Sims plus our draft picks than Watkins.One player does not make a team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Blowing that smoke. I think the Bucs wanted Evans and used disinformation to get teams to move up in front of them and take the other prospects. I think they knew they weren’t getting a QB that early and tried to make the world believe the opposite. Trying to get three of the six picks in front of you to draft a position you’re not interested in would be a big win. I think Sammy was the top receiver on their board but there was never any intention to move up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it's better to have Evans, ASJ and Sims plus our draft picks than Watkins.One player does not make a team.

Worked well for ATL with Julio Jones but Buffalo is nowhere near "win now" mode. They're going to miss those draft picks. Could've had OBJ plus their picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think its better that we didn’t trade up. Would have costed too much. Evans will be a beast. Watkins will too but at least we didn’t have to pay more than we did to get the beast in Evans.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

We had a perfect draft with what we had.  I would not have changed anything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

agree

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would have traded Sims and Evans for Watkins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would have traded Sims and Evans for Watkins.

So would most people. Unfortunately the Browns would still take the two first rounders from the Bills, making the discussion entirely academic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We probably wanted to trade up fro him, but the price was too high.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We got the better guy at 7. So it was written so shall it come to pass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank God we didnt trade away any picks for that midget. Good luck in Buffalo Sammy ... you are going to need it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would a liked Billy turner in the 3rd and move up to get Sims with our 5th rounder.  I think turner will be a stud.  Also wouldn’t have minded a backup center….but all in all the draft looked like it was planned and followed a script

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would a liked Billy turner in the 3rd and move up to get Sims with our 5th rounder.  I think turner will be a stud.  Also wouldn't have minded a backup center....but all in all the draft looked like it was planned and followed a script

Trai Turner is the OG I really liked in the 3rd. SF got a starting center in the 3rd round. They always win. I agree that this draft seemed like it was following a script. I think they targeted their first 3 picks. I really dont think BPA was even a thought. They upgraded 3 skill positions on offense. A great strategy that should help turn this team around asap.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Smokescreen success !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bills were prepared to trade up to the #1 pick to get Watkins. They were going to get him whatever the cost.

Bills are crazy, i mean they deal they did was stupid enough but offering up even more for a WR? Sorry, don't do it. EJ Manuel won't become good because of the WR's you toss at him.,

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No! We were trading up to get Manziel!  LOL!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When Evans is catching 55 balls for 550 yards and 3 TD’s and Evans is around 100 catches with 1500 yards and 10 TD’s we will see if some of you are still so confident Evans was the right pick. No way will Evans be as good as Watkins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When Evans is catching 55 balls for 550 yards and 3 TD's and Evans is around 100 catches with 1500 yards and 10 TD's we will see if some of you are still so confident Evans was the right pick. No way will Evans be as good as Watkins.

You'd be upset with Evans having a combined statline of 155 catches for 2050 yards and 13 touchdowns? Those are probowl numbers Milton.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When Evans is catching 55 balls for 550 yards and 3 TD's and Evans is around 100 catches with 1500 yards and 10 TD's we will see if some of you are still so confident Evans was the right pick. No way will Evans be as good as Watkins.

Can you use your crystal ball to get me some lotto numbers?  Although from the sound of it those will probably be wrong too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thread saved!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll certainly take the over on mike evans having a 10 ypc average.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was beating the drum for the Bucs to draft Sammy Watkins.  He may have been the pick had he been there at 7 or in a trade up to 5.  Mike Evans will be a better fit.  Sammy probably wanted to be a Buc. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IIRC the Bills traded up for him for 2 1’s and a 4th. Perhaps they simply offered more than we were prepared to pay?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We got the better guy at 7.

These guys will probably be compared to each other for some time.  Will be interesting to see how they turn out.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Midget !!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trading up or not, it would be hard for me to be comfortable with the Bucs drafting another Clemmson player TBH.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After seeing what the Bills gave up to the Browns to move up then I’m glad the Bucs didn’t make the move. The Bills and Bucs are more than 1 player away from being a serious contender for a Super Bowl. Giving up next years 1st round selection is an unnecessary move. Bills could’ve stayed at #9 and gotten Odell Beckman. JMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trading up or not, it would be hard for me to be comfortable with the Bucs drafting another Clemmson player TBH.

This is so true. Sometimes there is simply a hex for an NFL team drafting players from a college team.  This is better for both parties.

Please wait…

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.