Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Buccaneers legend calls Lavonte David and Gerald McCoy the next Brooks and Sapp By Sander Philipse?@Sanderrp Jun 19 2014, 8:00pmsapp_zpsd3367722.pngKim Klement-US PRESSWIRE Gerald McCoy and Lavonte David will have to carry the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defense. Warren Sapp is convinced they'll do it. Lavonte David came in at number 35 in last night's NFL Top 100 show. That was a fair ranking, to me, though others disagreed. Overall, the value of that show isn't really in the ranking, though. It's in the vignettes they produce -- which was outstanding as usual on Lavonte David, with Seattle Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson making him sound like the second coming of Derrick Brooks. But Robinson wasn't the only one to make that comparison yesterday. Hidden in NFL Network's reaction show was Warren Sapp praising the hell out of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' top two players. "[Lavonte David] and Gerald McCoy are the Derrick Brooks and Warren Sapp of the new Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cover 2 that they're about to play, and these two will be an intricate part of if this team goes anywhere." Did you catch that? Warren Sapp, the crotchety old man of Bucs football, the guy who bristles every time someone breaks out the 'new Warren Sapp' for any prospect. That prideful man compared Gerald McCoy to himself, and Lavonte David to one of the best players to ever put on a Tampa Bay uniform. That's no idle comparison. Gerald McCoy is the premiere three-technique in the NFL, while Lavonte David is the best 4-3 outside linebacker around. And the new defensive scheme is tailor-made to take advantage of their skillsets, in the exact same way it was tailor-made to work with Derrick Brooks and Warren Sapp. That also means the Buccaneers are going to stand or fall with the play of their two star defensive players. If either of them falters for whatever reason, you could see a big dropoff on defense. Because no matter how good your depth is, you can never adequately replace an All-Pro player. Clinton McDonald The three-technique is the engine that makes the defense go, while the weakside linebacker is put in position to make play, after play, after play. If you think you've seen McCoy and David wreak havoc over the past couple of years, get ready for this season. Because they're about to take it to a whole new level.link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree 100%, I just worry about making sure we get both signed up for a long time, all that potential is worthless if 1 of them gets away for whatever reason (not that I can think of a good one).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That won’t happen, we have the cap space right now to sign McCoy to a new contract and McCoy wants to stay here. We can’t do anything with David until next season, but cap space shouldn’t be an issue there either. There is no worry about that in my mind. Both will be Bucs on second contracts shortly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Woooooohoooooo!! Now that'll get you going in the morning!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A whole new level.  Boom~!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can definitely see it. Some people here still don’t realize how fucking good Lavonte and Gerald are. Go back and watch them play and almost every snap McCoy dominates his lineman and David is flying towards the ball carrier in the backfield. It’s stupid how much they impact pretty much every play. There’s a reason McCoy was the #4 player and David the #5 player for PFF.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Warren is the man.  They are not going anywhere. The team will pony up the greenbacks for both. And if things got ugly, they would tag them. But I don’t see that happening.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was watching the top 100 reaction show when he made this comment and it definitely made me fist pump and get even more excited about football season. We’ve all seen the comparison before on the board but it’s nice to see a guy like Sapp acknowledge it, too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

now if Johnson = simeonverner=rondegoldson/barron = lynchthen rj will be rocking!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

now if Johnson = simeonverner=rondegoldson/barron = lynchthen rj will be rocking!

we need to figure out who out of Clayborn and Gholston is gonna be Spires.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Warren is the man.  They are not going anywhere. The team will pony up the greenbacks for both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhJnpbicLnk:DTHE GREENBACK BOOGEH!  8)

Please wait…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.