Sunday, August 25, 2019

Sapp: DT McCoy 'not even close' to a Bucs legend

This topic contains 66 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Swash Aug. 18, 2019 at 12:54 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author

tog
    Participant

If you think McCoy was mediocre… You’re clueless. I don’t know what to tell you.

ONE of MANY examples: https://www.pff.com/news/the-pff-101-no-4-gerald-mccoy

If there’s a player that timed a great season badly it’s Gerald McCoy. With J.J. Watt and Robert Quinn both re-writing expectations at their positions, Gerald McCoy dominated as a 4-3 defensive tackle in a way we have rarely seen and it almost passed without notice. Such was the shadow cast by the other two….
    Gerald McCoy was a wrecking ball as the Bucs’ three-technique, causing no end of disruption inside as he penetrated the offensive line to generate pressure more than any other player at his position. The 80 total pressures that McCoy notched were eight better than the next best DT (Ndamukong Suh) and his Pass Rushing Productivity score was, again, some way clear of Suh, who was still a distance clear of the chasing pack.

What makes McCoy’s performance so impressive is that he was doing it with virtually no help from anyone else on the Buccaneers’ front. Really, it’s tough to overstate how much McCoy was on his own there. He ended the season with a +57.3 grade overall, but was the only Tampa Bay defensive lineman to earn a positive grade for the season. The rest combined for a -84.7 grade! Despite the total dearth of threats outside of McCoy, teams were still unable to prevent him from causing problems inside and if anything he got stronger as the season went on, collecting a sack in his last four consecutive games.

McCoy finally got healthy for a full season and showed why many people thought he was the best defensive tackle available in his draft class and not Ndamukong Suh.

+1
    Rating: -6. From 8 votes.
    Please wait...

Tall Man
    Participant

McCoy is getting more attention around town not being on the team. Did he wear a clown outfit in Carolina the first day of camp?

+1
    Rating: -2. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...

Morgan
    Participant

McCoy is getting more attention around town not being on the team. Did he wear a clown outfit in Carolina the first day of camp?

gets more attn than the current Bucs players

Rating: -4. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...

-------------------------------------------
    Following the Bucs since 1981

Havok904
    Participant

ANYONE?

Name three game winning plays any DT has made. Hell, use Aaron Donald He’s the best defensive lineman since Reggie White. Show me all of his “game winning” plays. He has a few, but not many.

Why people continue to make this horrible argument, I’ll never know.
    —-
    So you answer the question with another question?

And sure Aaron Donald never killed a team’s hopes of a comeback with a sack, QB pressure or timely tackle in the fourth quarter.

LoL

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

tog
    If you think McCoy was mediocre… You’re clueless. I don’t know what to tell you.
    —-
    Your first premise was that he was dominate. Now he’s not mediocre.

I’m not the one who’s clueless.

+2
    Rating: 0. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Havok904.

OneTruthisBack
    Participant

Warren is correct…. as usual. Just because leftist people dont like the bluntness…oh gosh he needs to brush up on his soft skills. gimme a break.

I like people like Sapp who say whats on their mind and explain it plainly, no need to analyse or ponder the meaning. You know what he means…kinda reminds me of Trump. Just say it and let me decide to agree or disagree, flush all this political correctness down the toilet imo.

+4
    Rating: +1. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...

Biggs3535
    Participant

So you answer the question with another question?

When did you stop beating your wife?

It’s called a Complex or Loaded Question, where you assume DT’s make “game winning” plays on the reg.  They don’t.

And sure Aaron Donald never killed a team’s hopes of a comeback with a sack, QB pressure or timely tackle in the fourth quarter.

Did I say Aaron Donald “never” did?  No, of course I didn’t.  I literally said he “has a few, but not many.” You’re having to create a strawman because your argument is poor.  Like Gerald McCoy, Aaron Donald has plays like you described above.  Just not very many.  Because, again, those types of plays rarely come from interior DL.  I’m using the undisputed, absolute best interior DL to hammer this point home, in the hopes that you will stop making this horrible argument.  We shall see if you’re enlightened enough to stop making erroneous arguments.  I’m beginning to have my doubts.

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

^^^^
    Don’t deflect.

Answer the question or be quiet.

+2
    Rating: +1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

Biggs3535
    Participant

^^^^

Don’t deflect.

Answer the question or be quiet.

We shall see if you’re enlightened enough to stop making erroneous arguments. I’m beginning to have my doubts.

My doubts have been confirmed.  Continue on with the many simpletons before you making the same crappy arguments.

While you’re at it, keep count of how many “game winning” plays Vita Vea, Kong Suh, or any other interior DL make this season.  We’ll take a peek at this again in January, and I’m guessing there won’t be very many.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

^^^^
    Used almost 150 words to say he did not know.

Ends all the mindless babble with an insult.

Typical for this Clown Shoe.

Odds are he is to stupid to know he has lost the argument and walk.

Always has to have last word no matter stupid it sounds.

Que your watches…

+1
    Please wait...

Cerious
    Participant

Some of you are just missing the point. Sapp didn’t call Gerald McCoy out, he made an observation based on McCoy’s own statements. I’m sorry, regardless of how you feel about McCoy the player you have to at least admit that he made some pretty damning statements about the team and ownership. For those of you that say Sapp is a former player and he shouldn’t be talking about McCoy then use that same mentality regarding McCoy. Gerald is a former Buccaneer and he shouldn’t be badmouthing his former team.

We wouldn’t be talking about what Sapp had to say, right or wrong, about Gerald if Gerald had himself just moved on.

I agree with everything that Sapp said, including admitting that had he himself been as big and powerful and fast as Gerald that the league would have had to ban him from playing. Gerald was more athletically gift than Sapp, he just lacked the tenacity. Sapp also said nice guys finish last and for the clueless he was talking about the player mentality on the field. He was 100 percent correct. As nice as guys like Alstott, Barber, Brooks, Lynch etc we’re off the field, on the field they were nasty. They never let up on the competition. I think he called Ronde a murdered or criminal on the field towards the other teams slot receiver or QB, that made sense to me. I think I saw Brooks apologize one time on the field, and that was after putting Rich Gannon out the game on a legal hit after the QB had thrown the ball (legal then probably illegal now). That was more about respect for the player and the game than it was about being a ‘nice guy’ on the field.

Gerald should just move on. There are plenty of players who were instrumental in the Bucs defensive dominance in the late 90s and contributed to the offensive success during the Super Bowl fun who didn’t get their numbers “retired” before entering the ring of honor. None of them were out there complaint about a different player wearing their number after they left the team. He didn’t have to go there and it basically demonstrates that he gets too much into his feelings on and off the field.

+5
    Rating: +5. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...

Biggs3535
    Participant

Speaking of lost arguments Havok, allow me to refresh your memory:

This is the dumbass he thinks Barkley is a better back than Guice, Chubb, and Michel. Take a seat lard azz.

Sure, Saquan Barkley was the 4th best RB prospect.  Nailed it.

If a team picks Michel over Nick Chubb, it only means they have been in a friggin mass coma for the 4 years. Watch some SEC football on regular basis.

Bill Belichick was in a “friggin mass coma” for 4 years.

Arden Key will never play a down as a 4-3 DE

Arden Key spent the entire season playing downs at 4-3 DE

If it was Myles Garrett I could understand why folks are so chubbed up about Chubb.

But he’s not.

Some of you folks need to take a cold shower and calm the phuck down.

Myles Garrett rookie season – 7 sacks

Bradley Chubb rookie season – 12 sacks

You are a clueless blowhard, and have proven so repeatedly.  And yes, I do plan on having the last word in this thread come January, where I will show you to be a fool yet again.  But for now, go take your seat in the corner with your fitted Dunce hat.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

Regardless

Is he ROH material? Probably

Is he in the same strata as Sapp and the boys? Nope

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Morgan
    Participant

Regardless

Is he ROH material? Probably

Is he in the same strata as Sapp and the boys? Nope

Commish- dude, you’ve been owned – didn’t know you and Biggsy had a spat – this is gonna be fun to observe this 5-11 season.

+1
    Please wait...

Morgan
    Participant

Some of you are just missing the point. Sapp didn’t call Gerald McCoy out, he made an observation based on McCoy’s own statements.

McCoy didn’t call himself a legend, did he?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.